Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon related pet peeves?

How Ground types can still get paralyzed by Static. What kind of sense does that make?

I thought of another one: how cryptic evolutions can be sometimes. And how if you evolve a mon with a stone either too early or too late, it might have sucky moves.

In Gen I, it wasn't so bad... except for those that had to be traded. If you live with no friends and/or have only 1 Game Boy... hope you weren't wanting your Haunter to evolve anytime soon!

Now, we've got so many different ways to evolve mons, I'm amazed if someone with no prior knowledge got all of them without a guide. There's some that evolve when they learn a certain move, when they're in a certain place, when they're holding a certain item, at a certain time, and then there's those that don't evolve at all, meaning you might try everything to evolve them!
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

When a Pokemon that is rated as outstanding by the judge ends up having a near zero IV in a stat that's essential to it.

the fact that i always think that fire-type moves are super-effective against koffing/weezing. they emit like... smoke and stuff, shouldn't that cause an explosion or at least be flammable?

Voltorbs that look like Pokeballs. Ugh. Do you know let down I feel every time I walk up to one and it isn't a fabulous prize?

I hate it when I'm walking and right when a Trainer comes in view, he's immediately in the line of sight and has the distance of a sniper rifle.
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

I just thought of another thing that gets to me, the VS Seeker. It can really drive me crazy. The PokéNav was heaps more efficient. At your fingertips was the information of who was ready for a fight, and where to find them. In Sinnoh I'm stuck trying desperately to find points on the map with the largest number of trainers in the frame and a lot of the time will get the dreaded message that none of them are in battle mode right now, meaning I have to run in loops to charge the darn machine so I can inquire the trainers who were just out of frame, often only to get the same results.

In short, I'm glad I'm not a breeder. Footstep-powered devices are a pain in the neck.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Megadio for the awesome banner.

I think my biggest Pokemon related pet peeve is when people say that something in smash bros. is related to the anime (i.e. You can fight as Ash's Pikachu!).

Thank goodness Sakurai put the FR/LG Pokemon trainer in Brawl, but that led to "Why isn't it Ash?".

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

One thing I don't like that's Pokemon-related, is how slow some turns can be in Gen IV ;____; I mean I love Gen IV itself, but I sometimes fall asleep while waiting for everything in just one turn xD It's often because my opponent and I are poisoned, then Rain continues to fall, and my opponent and I use some real strong move with a long animation etc. It's too funny yet I just don't like it! xDD

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

Its a really fickle thing but...

When I refer to Gary/Blue as Green and people always try to correct me and say "its not green its blue." NO! His original name was Green dangit. He was only called blue because we only got blue from Japan. And people tell me i'm wrong for thinking that way. I called Red Red, "Gary" Green, and the female protagonist blue [and sometimes leaf]. Its also kinda annoying when people say blue because I don't know what blue their referring to. Gahh I just wish Green has a consistent name like Reds D;

I kinda just wish everyone would call him green, including gamefreak. Cause red and green are complimentary colors =w=; and I like the name better.

My generation was so screwed up lol!

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    Its a really fickle thing but...

When I refer to Gary/Blue as Green and people always try to correct me and say "its not green its blue." NO! His original name was Green dangit. He was only called blue because we only got blue from Japan. And people tell me i'm wrong for thinking that way. I called Red Red, "Gary" Green, and the female protagonist blue [and sometimes leaf]. Its also kinda annoying when people say blue because I don't know what blue their referring to. Gahh I just wish Green has a consistent name like Reds D;

I kinda just wish everyone would call him green, including gamefreak. Cause red and green are complimentary colors =w=; and I like the name better.

My generation was so screwed up lol!
    I just go by the English names listed in the main series games, and since I regard the games as the highest form of canon (as they were the first Pokemon canon), I go with "Blue." I refer to the female protagonist of Kanto, who never really comes up in conversation all that often in my experience, as "Leaf."
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    I just go by the English names listed in the main series games, and since I regard the games as the highest form of canon (as they were the first Pokemon canon), I go with "Blue." I refer to the female protagonist of Kanto, who never really comes up in conversation all that often in my experience, as "Leaf."
    I know, like I said its really fickle. Its just the fact that Green [or your blue] is my favorite character in all of pokemon so to have someone say "thats not his name noob" to me just erks me off. [i'm not saying you or anyone else at the current time, past experiences with overreactive fanboys.]

Its not like any of them are wrong it just comes down to being subjective...like everything else in pokemon XD. And then because a lot of people like to reference the pokemon manga [that I really need to start reading] The females name in there is blue and then it makes me all sorts of messed up when they talk about her in the manga cause i'm still thinking on game terms and that a lot of people use his English name and gahhh!! It gives me a headache. Just tell me if your talking male or female then i'll get it!

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

OK, three things:

1. Meloetta persists to be unavaliable in the UK and America.

2. The Japanese can unlock Genesect now, and us overseas 3DS owners can't even get Meloetta!

3. ...5 gens since the type was introduced, and there STILL isn't a Dark gym?!
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

I get annoyed that a lot of Pokemon fans are so close minded and won't even think about a new Type and then they try to actually give a pitiful argument of why there shouldn't be a new Type. It's fine to have your opinion and all but it seems to me that they don't want change more than anything.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 12th January 2013 at 1:46 AM.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    The magnum opus of weirdness in Pokédex entries is the fact that people used to put Darumaka poop in their clothes because it was warm. Ugh.
    Well that's not terribly weird. Different tribes and groups of people around the world use animal poop for a whole bunch of uses. Fuel for cooking fire, flooring for huts, make-up, etc lol. It would make sense for poop to be as valuable in the Pokemon World as the real world.

My pet peeve would be people assuming the games are only for little kids. I've played since the first games so I'm going to keep playing!
    Feel free to add me for the Friend Safari! Message me and I'll add you too!
    3DS Friend Code: 3308-5038-9924
    Fighting! Riolu. Pancham. Mankey.
    Do it for the Mankey!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I get annoyed that a lot of Pokemon fans are so close minded and won't even think about a new Type and then they try to actually give a pitiful argument of why there shouldn't be a new Type. It's fine to have your opinion and all but it seems to me that they don't want change more than anything.
    I'm more sick of the fact that those who want a new type always want it to be Light (would that make it Good in Japan?).

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    It is more that the type that they want, light, doesn't make much sense at all.(electric already works similarly enough to light to make it redundant.) A few other reasons that a new type isn't wanted is that it isn't needed. Everything is pretty well balanced with the current types, and any imbalances can easily be fixed with new pokemon to fill any holes. Steel and Dark were added to create balance to the game, especially because of psychic's dominance in first gen. Piggybacking off of this, adding a new type would most likely throw off this balance and would change the entire dynamic of most of the existing types. Also, we are still waiting on several types that haven't been done yet, such as fire/water.

Finally, there aren't really any types, at least that I can think of, that would make sense to be added. I mean, you kind of have sound, but that is covered by normal, light is pointless, air is covered by flying, and gravity just wouldn't work too well.

I hate when youre playing on the ladder or something and your opponent sees that you have Latios or Terrakion or whatever and theyre like "Oh noob you have a legendary you cheater." Or when youre playing on the Ubers ladder and you run into one of those idiots who has an OU team+Excadrill and say the same thing not even realizing they are in Ubers. Like seriously learn the tiers haha.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

I really hate critical hits! They always seem to come at the worst possible time like in a gym leader battle or in the elite four! I just feel like it makes the game unfair because the other pokemon just randomly decides to get stronger and attack twice as hard. I don't think pokemon battles should involve that much luck.

http://www.marapets.com/refer.php?id=jbla

Please go to this website and make a FREE account! You will have a virtual character, virtual pets, and virtual friends! Similar to Neopets but WAY better!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 493Arceus View Post
    I really hate critical hits! They always seem to come at the worst possible time like in a gym leader battle or in the elite four! I just feel like it makes the game unfair because the other pokemon just randomly decides to get stronger and attack twice as hard. I don't think pokemon battles should involve that much luck.
    First time through the elite four in white 2 was easy but the 2nd time they got 3-4 critical hits on me per battle after my pokemon set up. Iris's Lapras froze my pokemon with ice beam 2x and everything else barely survived +6 flamethrower or +6 bugg buzz from my Volcarona.... that was one of my better days playing white 2. Apart from that finding shinies that have self destruct or explosion or finding them when paired with a npc is a pain although I did get my shiny Boldure(now a Gigalith) while teamed with Bianca in the volcano.

What I really hate is when you go find a wild pokemon drop it to 1 health via false swipe and toss a pokeball with a +4 rating and it fails. That really annoys me to no end.
        Spoiler:- Pokemon that I can breed and trade.:

Want
    DW females not listed
    0 speed IVs

Pm or VM me for a Trade.

Character BRANDON FC 3869 2640 3022

People putting S an the end of a pokemon's name to make it plural.
    All of my time belongs to ΩR & αS.

i hate how in the games all the professors are not even as smart as the 12 year old kid playing it.
    LOVE MAKES UR POKEMANS STRONGER. bulllllsh*t

Quote Originally Posted by spyro and sonic View Post
    THIS. Yes. It really grates on my ears sometimes.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by spyro and sonic View Post
    That's a ridiculous pet peeve. You're saying one shouldn't use the plural logic of the English language we've been taught since age 2? That's like saying not to pluralize 'human' or 'dog' in the same context. Why should we assume that every pokémon pluralization is the same as 'deer' or 'sheep' in the real world?
    LOOKING FOR A SHINY ONIX/STEELIX and SHINY SCYTHER/SCIZOR and SHINY SLOWPOKE. I HAVE POKEBANK CELEBI FOR TRADE AND SOME OTHER SHINIES. PM IF INTERESTED.

I really crave balance and equality so for me when i see counterparts but is biased in someones favour it just feels weird, like rufflet and vullaby, no doubt they're counterparts, but vullaby's bst is higher than rufflett's. how are they counterparts now?
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast