Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon related pet peeves?

Quote Originally Posted by SlowPokeBroKing View Post
    That's a ridiculous pet peeve. You're saying one shouldn't use the plural logic of the English language we've been taught since age 2? That's like saying not to pluralize 'human' or 'dog' in the same context. Why should we assume that every pokémon pluralization is the same as 'deer' or 'sheep' in the real world?
    Well, seeing as Pokémon is a Japanese thing and they don't have that whole S adding thing... not only that but since everyone that is a fan of Pokémon should know not to add s' and those are probably the same People that make the mistakes.
    im not sure about anything

People who say Pokemon died after Gen I or II. Hate 'em.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAVG...6r8Rig&index=3

If you have the spare time, please feel free to check out my best friend's gaming channel and give any honest feedback you can. Thank you.

Not to mention all Pokemon are proper nouns, which do not become pluralized.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    Some pokemon do not begin with damage dealing attacks. They cannot battle or train, without an HM or TM, if they cannot decrease the HP of the opponent. Why does Splash even exist?

Cubone for example had Bone Club and Growl as its beginning attacks in Red/Blue, but Since Gold/Silver, it now only begins with Growl, leans Tail Whip next, then Bone Club. Other examples are:

Jigglypuff - Sing
    Magikarp - Splash
    Spoink - Splash
    Togepi - Growl, Charm
    Abra - Teleport
    Also there is Ralts with Growl. How did Wally train it? I like Gardevoir and Gallade a lot, but Ralts is extremely hard to find on that one route and then it just has Growl when you catch it.

Look: you know why you guys are so annoyed? Because Pokemon Diamond and Pearl suck. If you want a real pokemon game, play pokemon red, blue and yellow. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkmngen1 View Post
    Look: you know why you guys are so annoyed? Because Pokemon Diamond and Pearl suck. If you want a real pokemon game, play pokemon red, blue and yellow. End of discussion.
    lol...

Anyway, I guess I would have to say the thing I find most annoying is when people call it a child's game. yes it is popular among children but so is call of duty >_>

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Quote Originally Posted by Pkmngen1 View Post
    And then do what? Die of boredom? RBY don't even have running shoes. My brain would be clawed out through my own eye sockets by the time I got to Cinnabar, and even if I somehow made it past that point and defeated the League, what is there to do after catching Mewtwo? RBY have literally no postgame. Hell, why would I even be playing a 15-year-old game on an even older console, when I can do the rational thing and play the newer, better, more refined game, which I can actually sit through and enjoy?
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    And then do what? Die of boredom? RBY don't even have running shoes. My brain would be clawed out through my own eye sockets by the time I got to Cinnabar, and even if I somehow made it past that point and defeated the League, what is there to do after catching Mewtwo? RBY have literally no postgame. Hell, why would I even be playing a 15-year-old game on an even older console, when I can do the rational thing and play the newer, better, more refined game, which I can actually sit through and enjoy?
    well I wouldn't say all that. I can still play RBY with no problems BUT I certainly would not call the only real games. I mean gen 5 is my least favorite but it's still a good generation and it has bought some great things to pokemon. Ya know, reusable TMs, some cool pokemon, and such. Besides pairing RBY with stadium has always been really fun for me.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Critical hits.
    Gotta love Honey Senpai

When people spam Protect and Detect...

tumblr
    - i've claimed zelos wilder, xerneas, and tales of the abyss
    Omega Ruby team:

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    How about the Klink family?
    The magnemite family is just as odd though :-) Also Drowzee --> Hypno evolution doesn't make sense either (and yes this is first gen, so every gen has had it's awkward pokémon :P)

What really irks me is pokemon pronounciation. I get in constant tiny arguments with my friends about how to pronouce a pokemon name. Is rayquaza pronounced ray-kway-zah or ray-kwah-za. In fact me and my friend got in an argument about houndour. I pronounced it like houndoor (like hound + endure) and she pronounced it like hound + hour. In the end she pulled up the anime to prove me wrong. For fans who do not really watch the show pronouncing pokemon names is an endevor. I still laugh at some of the silly ways my friends pronounce pokemon.
    Water water everywhere but not a drop to drink.

I use to be annoyed from Gen 1 to 4 with the Pokemon names in caps lock. I don't know. It makes me think the people are shouting the Pokemon names.

Detect and Protect spam.

Those Gym leaders who suddenly use an endless amount of potions on their Pokemon when you are nearly defeating it.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/uwi6o.gif[/IMG]

Devil May Cry Fan.
    Meowth Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Raiin View Post
    well I wouldn't say all that. I can still play RBY with no problems
    I can't. And even if I could, it's as I said. Once I've beaten the game and caught Mewtwo, that'll be all there is to it. RBY have no postgame, so playing through them gives you one adventure and nothing else. I can actually go back and play GSC (although I will still bemoan the lack of running shoes), because there is still so much to do even after beating the Champion.

Compare FRLG, which I've gone back and replayed several times because they have both running shoes and, more importantly, more to do than just "8 Badges + League." Now, granted, I'm not very fond of the Pokémon selection in FRLG, but that's because I only like a handful of Gen I Pokémon, and regardless, I can still play FRLG and enjoy it.
    Last edited by Endolise; 22nd January 2013 at 6:27 PM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

1. Nidorina and Nidoqueen not being able to breed but all the other Nido's can.
    2. Kadabra still not having a card (I know why but still...)
    3. Porygon being blamed for Pikachu's mishap.
    4. When I barely miss the kill in the elite four and then a full restore.
    5. Slowbro and Slowking not actually evolving with Shellder.
    6. Stupid pokedex entries like certain fire types being hotter than the sun.
    7. idk... but there are definitely more.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Anyhoo, my pet peeve is when multiple hit attacks (fury swipes, arm thrust, etc.) rarely hit more than twice when you use them, but when the opponent uses them, they rarely hit less than five times.
    I know. I gave up on multiple turn attacks years ago.

One of my pet peeves is that Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed. That makes no sense!

I don't get some of the gender ratios, like fossil Pokemon being 87.5% male. I can understand some, like Ninetales being 75% female (since most of the kitsune legends depict it as female) or Miltank being female-only (it's a cow), but I never got how prehistoric Pokemon are inherently masculine. Yet I can tolerate the male Gardevoir and female Machamp.
    Last edited by lollygag; 22nd January 2013 at 7:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Anyhoo, my pet peeve is when multiple hit attacks (fury swipes, arm thrust, etc.) rarely hit more than twice when you use them, but when the opponent uses them, they rarely hit less than five times.
    ^This... This a thousand times over.

What also drives me nuts is how critical hits work for me. It's annoying enough when opponents seem to get crits at all the wrong times. But that I can at least deal with. Riddle me this: How does a Pokemon with Super-Luck, holding a Scope Lens, and using a move with increased Critical-hit ratio not score a single critical for a good two hours of consistent battling, but when I decide to use another move to try and weaken a Pokemon for capture, THAT'S when the crit kicks in? -___-
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

My biggest peeve is when people spam roost or any of the heal moves, mainly roost where i may have just missed a KO and boom its all there again. Shame i will never use those moves.
    I have claimed the one they call Karrablast

Clicky Click

The fact that Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon and can learn ANY move, yet poor Arceus "the god of Pokemon" can't. :/
    ~Working on getting a sig~

Quote Originally Posted by MuseHarmonia View Post
    The fact that Mew is the ancestor of all Pokemon and can learn ANY move, yet poor Arceus "the god of Pokemon" can't. :/
    That's because neither of those statements are true. Mew can't learn every move (just look at Draco Meteor) and Arceus was never once said to be the "God of all Pokémon." Even if he had been, that wouldn't automatically mean that he contains the DNA of every other Pokémon, which is what the scientists in the Pokémon world believe to be the cause for Mew's ability to learn any TM move.
    Last edited by Endolise; 23rd January 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    My most recent pet peeve is fighting a Pokemon with Sturdy.
    Other peeves include a wild Zubat (I love Crobat though), and fighting a Fisherman with 6 Magikarps.
    The 6 Magikarp fisherman... I don't think there is a word in the English language to describe them... magnum opus of trolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Some people hate Protect/Detact spam... I hate Detect's existance.

Why does it exist? It's literally Protect, but with less PP! And not many learn it - and those that do can learn Protect as well!
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

A combo I once saw in the battle subway: yawn, protect, dream eater.

This move-set drove me mad!
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Well today it took me like 3 hours and i dont even know how many encounters (paralyzed with 1hp btw) to catch Entei... Then I go and watch a youtube vid and this kid catches with 1 quick ball... Me and my brother were making jokes about how we should make a video of how hard it is to catch him and when he breaks free after 4 shakes just put a giant troll face on him. I don't know I think I'm just unlucky in this particular save file. Still haven't found any shiny either and im currently on my 10th hour of SRing for a shiny Suicine... SIGH.

Oh and also lets not forget when a pokemon spams "double team" or "sand-attack" and you can never hit them.. Drives me maaaaad!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast