Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Pokémon related pet peeves?

Not sure if it counts but I really wish that there were better 'cat' Pokemon. Delcatty, Persian, Purlion just don't cut it. In the real world big cats are awesome-tigers, lions, leopards... but in Pokemon there just aren't the same. Entei and Raikou arethe closest I can get and they're gerbils :-) Eevee isn't really there either. I suppose I just want a snow leopard!
    Last edited by afronaut81; 18th February 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afronaut81 View Post
    Not sure if it counts but I really wish that there were better 'cat' Pokemon. Delcatty, Persian, Purlion just don't cut it. In the real world big cats are awesome-tigers, lions, leopards... but in Pokemon there just aren't the same. Entei and Raikou arethe closest I can get and they're gerbils :-) Eevee isn't really there either. I suppose I just want a snow leopard!
    What about Luxray? This is by far the best Cat/Lion like pokemon you can get. By the way Entei, Raikou and Suicune are "dogs", well they look like dogs and are supposed to be dogs, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    What about Luxray? This is by far the best Cat/Lion like pokemon you can get. By the way Entei, Raikou and Suicune are "dogs", well they look like dogs and are supposed to be dogs, right?
    Fair point I'd forgotten Luxray. He's pretty cool looking. The three dogs
    Are described a beasts-Suicune is definitely dog like but Raikou is like a sabre tooth tiger

When you fight a strong Pokčmon and your Pokčmons EXP bar stops ONE dot away from a level up~

image credit goes to me, yay! i might make you an image if you ask nicely
    +I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste if you are too!+

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    By the way Entei, Raikou and Suicune are "dogs", well they look like dogs and are supposed to be dogs, right?
    No, they're not; what about Raikou says "dog"? He's clearly a sabertooth tiger. And Entei is a lion, hence the fluffy mane and lion-like paws.

Quote Originally Posted by afronaut81 View Post
    The three dogs Are described a beasts-Suicune is definitely dog like but Raikou is like a sabre tooth tiger
    They're never described as anything in particular as far as the canon goes; however, Suicune resembles the mythical qilin more than anything else.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

the screen shaking when a pokemon is poisoned and you walk in the previous gens.
    also disconnecters on random matchup -.-
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

Not a pet peeve as such, but there's something I've always wanted the game to include. When say a grass type attack hits a water/ground type Pokemon I want the screen to say 'super duper effective' instead of just super effective.

(sad, but it'd amuse me if it did happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud_Arcanine View Post
    Not a pet peeve as such, but there's something I've always wanted the game to include. When say a grass type attack hits a water/ground type Pokemon I want the screen to say 'super duper effective' instead of just super effective.

(sad, but it'd amuse me if it did happen)
    I'd definitely like the games to differentiate between x2 and x4 weakness and resistances, though perhaps not using those exact words. :P

the fact how 'you' don't age and grow.
    the fact that 'you' never take a dump or take a piss or eat for 'your' whole life.
    the fact that 'you' never talk
    the fact that 'you' are can bike for eternity and run for eternity without getting tired.

stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by viker2 View Post
    the fact how 'you' don't age and grow.
    the fact that 'you' never take a dump or take a piss or eat for 'your' whole life.
    the fact that 'you' never talk
    the fact that 'you' are can bike for eternity and run for eternity without getting tired.

stuff like that.
    The protagonists have talked a few times, and that other stuff is either really inconvenient or has no place or purpose in a Pokémon game.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I'd definitely like the games to differentiate between x2 and x4 weakness and resistances, though perhaps not using those exact words. :P
    But I made it rhyme and everything!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567