Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT THE LUMP!!!!! uu team like a boss

Hybrid View

Default WHAT THE LUMP!!!!! uu team like a boss

Ok guys, I play ou and I'm good at it, then I got kinda bored and looked into uu
    I realized that some of my favorite pokes to use in ou are indeed in uu.

This team is kinda bulky with a good sweeper,

Here is the team:

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Close Combat

Her I try to make the most out of priority moves.
    The set is pretty straight forward but I need help on it.
    What item should I use?

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch

Scrafty scratfy scrafty. I can't believe he isn't ou. First of all of course I use dd.
    This gets my speed and attack up. Now the opponent usually tries to get status on him.
    That's where the lum berry comes in handy.
    Getting rid of status and continuing to sweep is such a troll move to do.
    Ice punch for dragons, drain punch for hp, and crunch for coverage.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Trick
    - Flame Thrower
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball

This guy is a revenge/late game sweeper.
    I have a porygon2 and a scrafty on this team so I need the ability to get rid of ever present fighting types.
    So this is a coverage set. Plus his power is amazing.

Xatu @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - U-turn
    - Psychic

Used for poisoning and magic bounce.
    This team is kinda stally so I need more pokemon with toxic.
    also that magic bounce can really save me.

Gligar @ Eviolite
    Trait: Immunity
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Roost
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Protect

This is my rock setter/stall guy.
    His defense is amazing and can toxic, and u-turn out, or set up rocks and u-turn.
    He is here to take hits, that my other ones can't. (yeah I know, taunt bait)

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 Hp / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Softboiled
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss

This pokemon is to take special hit where my other pokemon can't.
    And then toxic the other pokemon.
    Last edited by trident20; 5th January 2013 at 10:43 PM.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Earthquake > toxic, you need stab, and it can dispose of some threats. Use note's s crafty set.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Earthquake > toxic, you need stab, and it can dispose of some threats. Use note's s crafty set.
    False, both work for different reasons. Most of the time toxic is more useful, but earthquake can stop set up pokes so it is the safer option. Use whichever you want, its more of a personal preference.

Ok couple things:
    -Use chansey, just use it. This may sound noobish but this thing takes a dump on the uu metagame. I've had a crapload of uu experience and you'll never have a problem with special attackers again (barring a trick) with this thing. It can also take an unboosted hjk from mienshao, its just that good. It helps your team out a whole lot as it could really appreciate wish/heal bell support. You might as well take advantage of smogon's retardation while it lasts. (I suggest replacing dusc with chansey)
    -shed skin and lefties on that scrafty sir. Also use jolly not adamant. You won't regret it
    -Your team is very hazard weak with no spinner or magic bouncer. In uu you pretty much need one of these.
    -trick on chandy-hp fighting does less to a wall like chansey than fire blast does so in general trick is better to prevent chansey and the like from walling the crap out of you
    -Don't bank on hax so if that's why you're using porygon than you can replace him.
    -shadow sneak can't do crap damage (4% to gligar), use something else like toxic
    -a good poke to worry about while making a team is physically def. suicune. Right now it absolutely runs this team over, might wanna think about running download on porygon to help with that.
    -one more suggestion if I may, ambipom straight up sucks. I can't even remember the last time it killed anything on any one of my teams and always ends up just being fodder. If you like him as a poke you can keep him I suppose, but replacing him with hitmontop with sucker punch would be a good choice and you still get a priority move. At higher levels of play ambi just doesn't cut it.
    Last edited by I080I; 5th January 2013 at 9:22 PM.
    My shiny pokemon: |||||*||||||*||*|||*|*||||*||*|

*=up for trade
    My lvl1 shiny flawless:
    White FC: 1851-1885-4535
    X FC: 4699 5615 7204 IGN: moose

Quote Originally Posted by I080I View Post
    False, both work for different reasons. Most of the time toxic is more useful, but earthquake can stop set up pokes so it is the safer option. Use whichever you want, its more of a personal preference.

Ok couple things:
    -Use chansey, just use it. This may sound noobish but this thing takes a dump on the uu metagame. I've had a crapload of uu experience and you'll never have a problem with special attackers again (barring a trick) with this thing. It can also take an unboosted hjk from mienshao, its just that good. It helps your team out a whole lot as it could really appreciate wish/heal bell support. You might as well take advantage of smogon's retardation while it lasts. (I suggest replacing dusc with chansey)
    -shed skin and lefties on that scrafty sir. Also use jolly not adamant. You won't regret it
    -Your team is very hazard weak with no spinner or magic bouncer. In uu you pretty much need one of these.
    -trick on chandy-hp fighting does less to a wall like chansey than fire blast does so in general trick is better to prevent chansey and the like from walling the crap out of you
    -Don't bank on hax so if that's why you're using porygon than you can replace him.
    -shadow sneak can't do crap damage (4% to gligar), use something else like toxic
    -a good poke to worry about while making a team is physically def. suicune. Right now it absolutely runs this team over, might wanna think about running download on porygon to help with that.
    -one more suggestion if I may, ambipom straight up sucks. I can't even remember the last time it killed anything on any one of my teams and always ends up just being fodder. If you like him as a poke you can keep him I suppose, but replacing him with hitmontop with sucker punch would be a good choice and you still get a priority move. At higher levels of play ambi just doesn't cut it.
    ok you know uu more than i do so i took your advice

i changed the original post

Ok couple things:
    Where do you get off saying chans can take an unboosted hjk? 252Atk Life Orb Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 100% - 119% (710 - 840 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Where do you get off saying chans can take an unboosted hjk? 252Atk Life Orb Mienshao (Neutral) Hi Jump Kick vs 252HP/252Def Eviolite Chansey (+Def): 100% - 119% (710 - 840 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
    Unboosted means no life orb...

Also the idea is if there's a darm or a hera, you keep chandy/gligar around, you can't expect your team to have multiple counters to threats like those. Also hera isn't a threat at all to this team with gligar, a ghost type and blissey, hera's not gonna do much
    Last edited by I080I; 7th January 2013 at 3:51 AM.

*=up for trade
    My lvl1 shiny flawless:

Unboosted means no life orb...

Also the idea is if there's a darm or a hera, you keep chandy/gligar around, you can't expect your team to have multiple counters to threats like those. Also hera isn't a threat at all to this team with gligar, a ghost type and blissey, hera's not gonna do much
    lol? it outspeeds everything he has, and i believe 2hkoes gligar through rocks with stone edge. ohkoes chandy with stone edge. ohkoes chansey with close combat(or very close). I'd say it is a huge threat. All it needs to sweep completely is a good pivot.

I dont see how you beat amoongbro cores at all. they troll you all day long, and you dont really do anything back, other than chandelure. They'd make a great pivot for hera to switch out and in.

as stated, houndoom craps all over you as well, and hitmontop needs to actually switch in, at which it's hit with a STAB LO-boosted fire blast.

Machamp pokes major holes in your team. especially dynamicpunch variants, which are every machamp. if it happens to have a sash, well, you just lost 2-3 pokemon.

scarfgon can also play mindgames with you. similar to scarfhera.

and kingdra. if it is on a rain team, and t-spikes are down, you are 6-0d. regardless, its hitting you very hard. everything but chansey.

no i dont like notes set, this is one that i use 24/7.

anyway why do you need earthquake? his purpose is to stall

Well, I'm not terribly familiar with UU but 3 Evioliters seems a bit excessive... Again, I don't know UU that well so I can't really say much, but I do know Xatu and Amoonguss are both fantastic and both usable in UU. They can get away with playing in OU, and Xatu is even viable in Ubers for Magic Bounce. I use both frequently. If I had to recommend replacing stuff, I'd say use them over Dusclops and Gligar, but again, my UU knowledge is very limited xD
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

evolite much? on amipom use return over double hit, and with duclops why invest in attack if all it does sismic toss/wilo-wisp for damage?
    Steel is the type of science

the small amount of attack is for shadow punch.

honestly i can get rid of porygon, but what set should i use on xatu?
    also for double hit i wanted do be able to break subs...

I'll give a couple more suggestions on the new team
    -hitmontop needs rapid spin (instead of fake out)
    -energy balls a better option on chandelure than hp ice
    -why do you have attack evs on xatu? Its u-turn isn't gonna be doing a lot so its somewhat of a waste plus with bold nature this makes little sense. Also use psychic over heat wave as you already have fire coverage with chandy
    -with toxic on xatu, I'd run earthquake on gligar
    -don;t give chansey hp evs, isntead put them into sp.def. You lose a very small amount of physical bulk that way but gain enough sp.def evs that way to give it a huge 433 sp.def with the eviolite and wall the crap out of everything

*=up for trade
    My lvl1 shiny flawless:

First thing: Slow down a bit with your typing. You have a lot of errors
    Anyway, synergy-wise, the team is great, besides you not having anything to cover Gligar's water weakness. You can live though.

Now, Hitmontop happens to be one of the prime Spinners in UU. Therefore, you should use him as such. I recommend taking out Close Combat, unless you really need it for bruising walls or something.
    Chandelure may want Timid, as Modest Choice Scarf isn't really enough to fully out-Speed faster threats.
    Your Xatu set is all over the place. Consider making it a Special-wall of sorts, with Calm Mind and Psychic/Stored Power. Maybe even make it a full-on Special Tank, with Shadow Ball and HP Fighting for coverage; this way, you can set up Calm Mind the first turn (if you force a switch from whatever pokemon is trying to set up), and then beat up the other team. Otherwise, it's just sort of there, with no real purpose to it beyond suicide-bouncing.
    Finally, I recommend giving Gligar Protect over U-Turn, as it looks like you want him to stall, not scout.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Just sayin', Protect can be used to scout too. So running Protect fills 2 roles at once.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

Hmmm seems great,but its odd a jolly hitmontop hmmmmm,Hitmontop is best if defense base,thats from my experiences,Because what if your Xatu Is gone,Great your pooped on by rocks and spikes,and your pokemon team has weakness to dark,Fighting,You have Chansay,And Scarfty,weak to fighting,yaaa Xatu can scare fighting but he's not all that powerful,Then Chaindlur,And Xatu,Both weak too dark,And Dark pokemon run around in UU,Soo yeah >.>

ok i changed the original post again.

Your team Still Gets S*it on by Bulk Up Sub Machamp,Sharpedo,Houndoom,Zoroark,HARCROSS,The list gose on

*Points to Scrafty and Hitmontop*

Dark problem? I don't see one...

I also don't really see this Fighting problem, probably because of the Xatu, the one with the 4x resistance? And the Chandelure with an immunity?

I do, however, see TONS of grammar and spelling problems...

Fighting Gem on Hitmontop makes for a great battering ram in a tight situation.
    Beware that in singles play and without technician,mach punch may be slightly lacking.Does he need two priority moves?
    I find that using priority moves when your opponent has critical health is begging for a switch into a comfortable wall.
    You could try pursuit because of this; physical attackers will also be on the switch anyway because of intimidate.

Additionally,don't worry about Gligar being taunt bait-you can scout with protect,then switch to Xatu and deflect the taunt,potentially giving you a free turn to toxic,heal etc.
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 6th January 2013 at 10:54 AM.

Just out of curiosity, if your chandelure goes down, how do you take on orbed Darmanitan? He 2hko's even gligar with rocks up (yeah I know, xatu, but you won't have perfect prediction forever), since this a late game theory, gligar would probably have some damage already anyways and I'm pretty convinced Hitmontop will not Ohko Darmanitan with Mach punch while darm easily ohko's with flare blitz (and then some).

^Credit to Anakbae^

You appear to be developing a weakness to one of UU's most prominent sweepers; Choice Scarf Heracross.

With Close Combat and Stone Edge, it wreaks havoc on your team. It outspeeds scarfed Chandelure (learned that the hard way), and can dish out large chunks of damage even as you switch around its moves.

Gligar walls it nicely, but if it falls (Random HP Ice, Azumarill, Swampert, etc.), you're in for a bit of a tough time.

Just something to point out. Aside from Gligar, ghosts wall it fairly well, but I'm not going to suggest a large overhaul. Just making you aware of it. :P
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Without a Life Orb, it takes 85.23% - 100.57% (6.25% chance to OHKO), but who runs a Mienshao without Life Orb nowadays?
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Without a Life Orb, it takes 85.23% - 100.57% (6.25% chance to OHKO), but who runs a Mienshao without Life Orb nowadays?
    Dude scarfed mienshao is more popular (and better) than life orb and, from what I've seen, is still growing in popularity. It outspeeds or ties 95% of anything you'll encounter in uu and still hits very hard with a base 130 stab move. I see it about 3 times more than I see life orb mienshao on ps, especially with higher level players. Also a non-life orb (scarfed mienshao) won't be adamant, it'll be jolly (unless your opponent is dumb as crap), so max def chansey would actually take 77-92%, which is quite impressive. Also if you're running a wish/protect set, shao isn't even safe to go for hjk, so in short, chansey is a giant *** wall.

*=up for trade
    My lvl1 shiny flawless:

Either way, Chansey has no way of weathering Mienshao's Hi Jump Kick. It will be 2HKOed regardless of what it does.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Ugh boy, where do we start. Comments in red.
    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    Ok guys, I play ou and I'm good at it, then I got kinda bored and looked into uu
    I realized that some of my favorite pokes to use in ou are indeed in uu.

This team is kinda bulky with a good sweeper,

Here is the team:

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    - Rapid Spin
    - Close Combat

Her I try to make the most out of priority moves.
    The set is pretty straight forward but I need help on it.
    What item should I use?

Either abuse priority and fight offensively with Hitmontop or be defensive and abuse Intimidate, Drain Punch, and invest in bulk.

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Crunch
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch

Scrafty scratfy scrafty. I can't believe he isn't ou. First of all of course I use dd.
    This gets my speed and attack up. Now the opponent usually tries to get status on him.
    That's where the lum berry comes in handy.
    Getting rid of status and continuing to sweep is such a troll move to do.
    Ice punch for dragons, drain punch for hp, and crunch for coverage.

Debatable choice. It's a good choice but you're team needs a bit of variety. Maybe Feraligatr? The croc can take a hit, send one back, and has some decent Speed to boot.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Trick
    - Flame Thrower
    - Shadow Ball
    - Energy Ball

This guy is a revenge/late game sweeper.
    I have a porygon2 and a scrafty on this team so I need the ability to get rid of ever present fighting types.
    So this is a coverage set. Plus his power is amazing.

Love your interior decorating but might I suggest using Overheat as your Fire type move. If you want to be a bit more creative, a Substitue Pain Split strategy works quite well due to its sheer power and Shadow Ball and Fire Blast cover one another very well.

Xatu @ Leftovers
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Roost
    - Toxic
    - U-turn
    - Psychic

Used for poisoning and magic bounce.
    This team is kinda stally so I need more pokemon with toxic.
    also that magic bounce can really save me.

No comment here bar the fact that you might want to consider Night Shade if Psychic isn't packing enough of a punch. Thunder Wave should also be considered since the rest of your team could do quite well with the foe's Speed drop.

Gligar @ Eviolite
    Trait: Immunity
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Roost
    - Stealth Rock
    - Toxic
    - Protect

This is my rock setter/stall guy.
    His defense is amazing and can toxic, and u-turn out, or set up rocks and u-turn.
    He is here to take hits, that my other ones can't. (yeah I know, taunt bait)

Too much defence is never a good thing. Though Stealth Rock is always a nice move to have if not a necessity.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def / 4 Hp / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature
    - Toxic
    - Softboiled
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss

This pokemon is to take special hit where my other pokemon can't.
    And then toxic the other pokemon.

No comment here bar the fact that Chansey does learn Stealth Rock. Over Toxic possibly?
    What else? I don't know, maybe consider Swampert as opposed to Gligar? What do you guys think about my suggestions along with what's already been suggested?
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 7th January 2013 at 7:28 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast