Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Community POTW #106

Really? I always thought it was best known for it's powerful STAB. Oh well, no point in fighting over it.

Though, low defenses will always be a disadvantage to trick room. In trick room, you usually want a more tankish pokemon, like Conkeldurr or Rhyperior. Besides helping you swap in, these guys even have a fighting chance when trick room is down. The poor creature dpesn't stand a chance if it moves last.

And who here suggested it for double battle support? Don't even think about it. Too slow, too frail. Though since it doesn't have to swap in, it may be better in doubles if you bring it with tailwind or trick room, just as long as you bring rain.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Really? I always thought it was best known for it's powerful STAB. Oh well, no point in fighting over it.

Though, low defenses will always be a disadvantage to trick room. In trick room, you usually want a more tankish pokemon, like Conkeldurr or Rhyperior. Besides helping you swap in, these guys even have a fighting chance when trick room is down. The poor creature dpesn't stand a chance if it moves last.

And who here suggested it for double battle support? Don't even think about it. Too slow, too frail. Though since it doesn't have to swap in, it may be better in doubles if you bring it with tailwind or trick room, just as long as you bring rain.
    I agree with Zachmac on these points, though I think out of the pokemon in RU (of which Crawdaunt is one), Crawdaunt is probably one of the better choices for a Trick Room team if you want one for that tier. And RU isn't lacking in Trick Room setters, Slowking probably being the most prominent. Also, looking towards Crawdaunt's counters, in RU the safest Pokemon against Crawdaunt are probably Poliwrath and Ferroseed, though Ferroseed has to be wary of Superpower. These two both have the advantage of resisting both of Crawdaunt's STAB moves, helping to nullify Adaptability a little bit. Poliwrath even gets Water Absorb, which is an enormous benefit especially when switching in. Tangrowth is also a good option, thanks to Regenerator and Giga Drain, the latter of which would either cripple or even OHKO the lobster. The main counter to Crawdaunt though is to not let it or it's teammates set up. Without the Speed boosts, Crawdaunt is left to be outsped by most of the tier anyhow. Another good counter is Durant, who at max speed with a boosting nature outruns +1 Crawdaunt. Same with Cincinno, Galvantula, Sceptile, Scolipede, and Whimsicott. Sceptile is especially common in RU, and being countered by RU's #1 most used pokemon doesn't help Crawdaunt out any. I'll probably condense this list a bit over the next few days, but if any of you get any ideas, chip in.
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

little cup corphish set
    ability: adaptability
    Item-life orb/evolite
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall(i don't think crabhammer is avaible for lc i may be wrong though)
    Superpower/brick break
    return/rock slide/crunch/x scissor

Doubles

Crawdaunt’s viability in the doubles arena is limited to Trick Room teams, despite its lack of versatility Crawdaunt excels in the twisted dimensions. Trick Room eliminates the big Crabs glaring weakness it’s pathetic speed, once this hurdle is overcome Crawduant is able to demonstrate is fantastic strengths, Thunder wave support is also an option. Crawdaunt is armed with a plethora of weapons, a STAB resisted by only 10 pokemon and that is further boosted by adaptability so that neutral water and dark attacks effectively become super effective and to top it off a 120 base attack that pushes his power to a godly level.

Crawdaunt can also benefit from rain support. When rain, STAB and adaptability are factored in its waterfall rises to 240bp! The crustacean likes to hold life orb to futher boost its attacks or a dark gem for a one off boosted crunch, a one off boosted crunch that can ohko the impregnable fortress Cresselia mind you. One of the biggest threats to this imposing beast is Breelom which resisits its STAB and can hit super effectively with seed bomb or cripple it with spore, it simply must not be active before Crawdaunt is switched in. In general Crawdaunt doesn’t like fighting typesand some of the most common are Hitmontop, Hariyama and Scrafty so psychic partners who set up trick room like Cresselia, Slowking or Reuniclus are welcomed.

Standard Doubles Set
    Crawdaunt @ life orb / dark gem
    Trait: Adaptability
    Brave Nature (lowers speed for Trick Room)
    EVs 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def
    -Waterfall/Crabhammer
    -Crunch
    -Superpower/Crabhammer (choice of power or coverage, brick break can also be considered to not lower attack although it is a major drop in power)
    -Protect (vital, allows teammates to dispose of threats whilst keeping Crawdaunt safe)

Note: If you provide thunder wave support run different EVs and nature, possibly boosting speed.
    Last edited by Stymie; 12th January 2013 at 1:16 AM.
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

Little Cup
    I need the Corphishing rod
    -Crabhammer/Waterfall
    -X-Scissor
    -Swords Dance/Dragon Dance (breed)/Rain Dance/Physical Move
    -Swords Dance/Dragon Dance (breed)/Rain Dance/Physical Move
    Adaptability or Hyper Cutter
    Adamant or Jolly
    252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP
    Mystic Water/Damp Rock/Muscle or Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Other
    As it isn't Dark, it just gets benefit in Water. You can take these boosts to crazy levels with Mystic Water and, on top, rain. But rain only if it benefits the entire team. X-Scissor rids you of Grass-Types.

Other Options for Crawdaunt
    Use it in Rain and... CRAZY.
    Defensive may work or may NOT work, don't risk yourself.

A moment... Crabhammer is not usable on Corphish, I get.

Please try not to double post, you could have easily just edited that sentence into your first post.
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Lobster bisque anyone?
    Jolly
    Evs 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 Hp
    Ability: Adaptability
    Item: White herb or Focus Sash
    Crabhammer / Waterfall
    Night Slash / X-Scissor /Endeavor
    SuperPower
    Dragon Dance
    Adaptability gives more stab with waterfall and Crabhammer along with a few of Crawdaunts not worth mentioning attacks Night Slash gets everything superpower doesn't get X-Scissor gets rid of pesky grasses and Psychics only Run endeavor in the focus sash set, this is to make sure you survive a superpower or a Fusion Bolt once, but I don't get why you'd go toe to toe with Zekrom or Victini, superpower gets decent coverage and dragon dance boosts attack and speed so that helps make you more powerful and fixes your superpower drop except defense
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 13th January 2013 at 10:53 AM.

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12