Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 150

Thread: Pokémon you don't like?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
    See something about garbodor, attack the 1st gen.
    Well they are sitting targets. However, it's not as though I arbitrarily singled out any random "I don't like Trubbish/Garbodor" post. There are plenty of those, and yet, I zeroed in on the one that claimed Pokémon based off of waste products to be a new phenomenon and that, because they are based off of trash (supposedly unlike any other Pokémon), their designs were lazy, which is obviously not the case, since there are other trash-based Pokémon with much more basic designs. It's not as simple as "oh no, he said he didn't like Garbodor!!1! i have to insult gen 1 now to show him how wrong he is!!" It's a matter of clearing up the faulty logic behind a hypocritical statement.

    Regardless, I'm actually quite fond of Muk. I think he's cool. But the point is, saying that Garbodor has a "lazy" design is absurd when you actually stop and apply logic to that statement. A quick Google search will define "lazy" as "characterized by lack of effort or activity." Muk is Grimer drawn bigger, which is already a simple blob in the first place. Weezing is Koffing˛. Garbodor is essentially a complete renovation of Trubbish's garbage motif; whereas Trubbish is a small garbage bag with minimal leakage providing the "arms" and the top knot forming vague "bunny ears," Garbodor is a mountain of trash, with a completely ruptured trash bag that serves as a face, that also incorporates discarded tubes as appendages and various scraps for body features, as well as completely redesigned ears. Garbodor's design involves a radical change from that of its previous stage but retains the garbage motif, whereas Muk and Weezing's designs simply take the design of their precedent forms and either fatten it up or copy/paste it onto itself. Now, which of those two artistic ventures require less "effort or activity"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Male Combee is indeed useless, but it at least have the cuteness appeal. Wormadam is just... Well, Wormadam.
    Hmm... good point.

    (As a rather ironic coincidence, I just realized that technically speaking, Wormadam's Trash Cloak essentially makes it, too, a pile of garbage.) xD
    Last edited by Endolise; 18th January 2013 at 1:44 PM.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    114

    Default

    I don't like Lucario. I hate the idea of Aura.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,180

    Default

    I dislike Riolu after seeing it in the anime recently, and I also dislike Chespin; I'm not here for an Oshawott clone. :x

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    448

    Default

    I have an issue with the 4th gen evolutions that went with the strategy of "Fat and filled with complexity," namely Rhyperior and Magmortar. This is a big problem for me because what makes the gen 1 designs work is mostly the minimalism combined with strong emphasis on facial expressions, and the evolutions, for the most part, didn't play to these strengths with the evolutions.
    Another thing is copy-pasted legendaries, like the regi trio and the genies. This is what I call laziness.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Watchog, uggh

    My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

    My shinies:

        Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Azumarill, Huge Power + Aqua Jet makes me want to cry.
    Black 2 FC - 2237 5230 0474

  7. #107

    Default

    Dragonite. I really liked the direction that lign was going, but then BAM fat yellow dragon.
    Staravia. Not the transition stage Starly and Staraptor deserve.
    Kami trio. Is it too much to call their designs lazy? Their other forms don't redeem it either.
    Bronzor. Ugly design, annoying typing and unpredictable abilities which make them terrible to fight.
    "I completed the National Dex at 12:03am on January 5th, 2013: if Gen VI is announced anytime soon I'm gonna be seriously angry."
    January 8th, 2012: Pokémon X and Y announced. Seriously angry.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ◉︵◉
    Posts
    900

    Default

    I don't dislike too many Pokemon, but I totally agree with people when they say they dislike the Kami Trio. Ugh. Not only were they copypasted versions of each other in terms of design, they were just a bad concept to begin with.
    But my overall least favorite Pokemon is Jynx. Just... why?


    Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

        Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post


    Nothing wrong with that. People criticize Garbodor but love some of the laziest Pokémon ever and most of them happen to be from Generation I (a generation that I love, but see, I am not biased). Garbodor may be ugly (That is the point of a trash-based Pokémon. Think about it), but its design is far from being lazy. The major problem is that people hate Garbodor but they don't have arguments to explain why it is a bad Pokémon. It is like someone said "Garbodor sucks, it has a lazy design" and everyone else repeat the same without even thinking about what "a lazy design" means.
    I'm pretty close, but not quite there yet, to disliking Garbodor, and I do have a detailed explanation for that. I don't like the fact that it's designed as an animated trashbag that bursts and empties out its content as it evolves, because it gives me the feeling that the trashbag isn't part of its biological body, and is instead more like clothing. It makes it more awkward to see the eyes, mouth and teeth slapped onto the trashbag portion of the body. The mouth in particular appears to be rather two dimensional; the teeth just looks like paper cutting slapped onto a dark flat circle, and you can't tell if it actually has a oral cavity within that 'mouth'. There's just no depth to it. Trubbish is much better in that the trashbag makes up almost its whole body, and it is kind of cute in a weird way.

    Quite honestly I wouldn't mind an animated trash golem or something, with the arms of Garbodor. Kind of like this image I found on Google:

    http://www.davidfleet.com/wp-content...terDesignC.jpg
    Last edited by Hidden Power; 20th January 2013 at 5:09 PM.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    I don't dislike too many Pokemon, but I totally agree with people when they say they dislike the Kami Trio. Ugh. Not only were they copypasted versions of each other in terms of design, they were just a bad concept to begin with.
    What's so bad about using Kami as a design concept? I'm not being critical here; I'm actually curious.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On my sk8teboard :)
    Posts
    174

    Default

    jynx she's just to creepy...
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

    Dare to battle me?

    I'm back

  12. #112
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Amano Iwato Cave
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Audino. It's just THERE.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by !jirachi! View Post
    jynx she's just to creepy...
    Same for me. Jynx is just creepy...

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Black Skyscraper
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ice33333 View Post
    Watchog, uggh
    Same here. I hate it when Team Plasma use them.
    Black 2 Friend Code: 4900-4933-8066

    I can trade:

    Lickie by PopPrincess_Lyra

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Walhalla
    Posts
    4,565

    Default

    Bibarel is my most disliked Pokemon. like.. ever

    With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.
    Together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Klink. And all it's evolved forms.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Swoobat,can't explain why.

    3DS Friend Code: 1950 - 8194 -5373
    Ghost Friend Safari with Phantump, Lampent, and Driftblim

        Spoiler:- Special Thanks:

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blue8arman View Post
    Swoobat,can't explain why.
    NOO!
    ha, swoobats my favorite from gen 5

    I can't think of any I dislike, all designs are good I. There own ways even well... trubbish I guess I dislike it.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    I don't dislike any Pokemon, I don't like every one of them, but that's not due to personal dislike of the Pokemon I just have little to no interest in them, and despite that I'd still use them as I would like to use every Pokemon at some point or another. Design wise, there are things that don't appeal to me but I have no actual issue with any of the design, they are all great in their own way. Stat wise, that doesn't determine what I like or dislike, I love Unown but it certainly doesn't have the greatest stats, and as such move pools also don't determine what I like or dislike(Using Unown again as an example). So no, there isn't a Pokemon I don't like really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    What's so bad about using Kami as a design concept? I'm not being critical here; I'm actually curious.
    Nothing. There's nothing wrong with using any concept, there's no reason to put limitations onto a franchise when they themselves never do in the first place. And really, I don't see why people overreact to their designs, calling them "copypaste" or whatever, they are fairly different(Colour, tail, mustache, horns(The amount at least, they are designed different in their other forme though), and hair(Or whatever)), the only thing that is the same is their body shape, and there is nothing wrong with that(Things that have a relation with one another having similarities is a crime apparently though).
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Route 7, Kalos
    Posts
    475

    Default

    As much as I hate to admit it, Electrike. I like its design, yes, but this thing became the BANE of my existence in my current Sapphire runthrough. I decided to use one on my team, and was frustrated by its annoying weakness. I cheered when it evolved into Manectric.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

    FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

    I have claimed Pyroar!

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Never really liked the elemental monkeys or Emboar.
    Ou is a pretty fun tier


    Name: Shots
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The tube (a pencil you ride)
    Posts
    115

    Default

    The Timburr line. All of Gen V I've been hoping they'd grow on me, but no.


    White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Why the hell should you know?
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I hate four hundred of the 649 current Pokemon because almost all of them suck.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    526

    Default

    I. despise. Probopass. =_= I just cringe every time I see it. xDD It's awful!

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RondezView View Post
    The Timburr line. All of Gen V I've been hoping they'd grow on me, but no.
    I full heartedly agree. There's just something so off about them...
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •