Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 150

Thread: Pokémon you don't like?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Nowhere I shouldn't be.
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Probopass and stunkfish....they creep the living daylights out of moi.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,692

    Default

    I'm not particularly fond of Pikachu or any of its lookalikes that show up every gen.

    Azumarill being an exception for the fact that it's competent in battle.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Elsa's Ice Palace.
    Posts
    3,506

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    Yes, because fire-breathing dragons and pink blobs are so creative.
    They're not creative because they're popular enough to be re-used over and over various media. Kind of a safe bet when you're new to making a new game, really.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    6,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    They're not creative because they're popular enough to be re-used over and over various media. Kind of a safe bet when you're new to making a new game, really.
    A safe bet, sure, but that's "lazier" than coming up with original ideas like ice cream and trash bags and gear systems.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

    Vivillon Pattern: Modern

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    I don't like Charizard because it's so overrated. Although I guess it's more it's fans that I hate rather then the Pokemon itself.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Endolise View Post
    A safe bet, sure, but that's "lazier" than coming up with original ideas like ice cream and trash bags and gear systems.
    Not saying that those are inherently bad designs, but looking at generic dragons to come up with Charizard's design or looking at generic ice cream to come up with Vanilluxe's design doesn't really scream originality for either case. The only difference is that the former is often repeated because it's usually a popular idea (or the other way round), while the latter is seldom seen in games and receives more mixed responses.

    And personally I don't believe in the "If you're a true Pokemon fan you must like all designs" nonsense; that's just a sweeping statement. Some designs will just naturally appeal to a greater number of people than average, and some not so.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I don't like Charizard because it's so overrated. Although I guess it's more it's fans that I hate rather then the Pokemon itself.
    I've heard this said about Umbreon as well, I hate that this is used to tell why you dislike a Pokemon. Being "mainstream" shouldn't be a bad thing! It just means that the Pokemon is liked. You could dislike a Pokemon because of how it looks, how it battles, or even just type. I just don't like it when people say, "I don't like it because it's mainstream."
    I always feel like replying, "Great reasoning. I really understand your point. -_-'"

    I know that's not EXACTLY what you said, but you get that rant anyways. Shiny Charizard is one of my favorites. xD

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    So no one's said Venomoth yet? Honestly, that thing is a giant purple moth with creepy eyes that flies around in an even more disturbing way. Well, it's mostly my personal bias against moths and butterflies IRL, so it's slightly justified... right?

    Along with Venomoth I hate Mothim and Dustox, but not as much as the former.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    GMT +8:00 (PHT)
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Vanilluxe family. It just looks silly >:|

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    543

    Default

    I have a few that I can't stand

    Durant
    The three genies
    Genesect
    Porygon-Z
    Klinklang
    The Vanillite line
    a few more I'm sure...

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by *~Silver*~ View Post
    I've heard this said about Umbreon as well, I hate that this is used to tell why you dislike a Pokemon. Being "mainstream" shouldn't be a bad thing! It just means that the Pokemon is liked. You could dislike a Pokemon because of how it looks, how it battles, or even just type. I just don't like it when people say, "I don't like it because it's mainstream."
    I always feel like replying, "Great reasoning. I really understand your point. -_-'"

    I know that's not EXACTLY what you said, but you get that rant anyways. Shiny Charizard is one of my favorites. xD
    That's why I said I dislike a lot of its fans rather than the Pokemon itself. I don't hate mainstream Pokemon(I'm no hipster lol) I just feel they get to much hype. Although I'm not keen on the design either. Too bland and generic in my opinion.
    Last edited by cascadethewarrior; 7th January 2013 at 3:20 PM.


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    106

    Default

    I'm not a big fan of salamence it just looks too wide and kind of like a tank with its kneck and head. I really dont like the pre evolutions like Magby and Elekid.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stylesbk View Post
    I really dont like the pre evolutions like Magby and Elekid.
    ^This. Although I kinda get why they have baby Pokemon. It would'nt really make much sense if a giant Snorlax came hatching out an egg. XD


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6

    Default

    trubbish! says it all in the name really...

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Quidam Locus
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    ^This. Although I kinda get why they have baby Pokemon. It would'nt really make much sense if a giant Snorlax came hatching out an egg. XD
    That's going in my sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

    Hoenn Starters :3



    I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    None of your bizness
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    That's going in my sig
    hahah thanks


    FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    ^This. Although I kinda get why they have baby Pokemon. It would'nt really make much sense if a giant Snorlax came hatching out an egg. XD
    I hear ya on that one for sure, we could probably bring that up about a few pokemon but we wont go there.
    X FC 1650 1536 9669

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Watatsumi Clan
    Posts
    1,560

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel562 View Post
    You realize that they're intentionally made with the saggy pants look, right? I personally love Scrafty, my favorite Pokemon from Unova.


    Anywho, I've always hated Emboar. Stop ripping off Blaziken, Game Freak. I also dislike Tympole, and Genesect, the latter because I thought it was a regular Pokemon when I first saw it and then the truth ticked me off.
    Agree with the Emboar thing. If you're going to make a dual type at least give it to Samurott or Serperior... Anyways I really don't like Gliscor and Whimsicott. Tjey are f-in annoying as hell.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)


  21. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Where to start?!?
    Spinda
    Pidgey
    Zubat (in caves)
    The new muk(trubbish?)
    The new legendaries of this generation(a bit of a step down from the god pokemon) although the dog like ones are cool.
    Slaking appearance wise.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Rattata and Zubat for obvious reasons.
    But I can't stand Dunsparce, why do you even exist? >.<

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    379

    Default

    I don't like awkward middle stage Pokemon. Such as: Prinplup, Grotle, Dewott, Pignite, Boldore, Luxio, Combusken, Crokanaw, Fraxure, Metang, Flaffy and Gothorita or unnessesary/ poorly planned out evolutions such as: Tangrowth, Lickiliki, Klang & Klinkklang, Magnezone, Probopass, Yanmega and Dusknoir
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

    Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    I really can't stand Lucario, he has been overhyped from day one. His design is mediocre at best. I also find the whole auro concept silly, and I liked that the people were just normal mortals, not some aura-infused beings, like certain pokemon. His movie made him nearly legendary and the cult that followed... My main problem is not the pokemon itself, but all the fanboys that loves him. Zoroark is disliked for similar reasons, extremely overhyped due to a movie.

    However I like Riulo.


  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Probopass
    Dunsparce
    Regigigas
    Landorus/Thundurus/Tornados
    I've never seen an opinion of Pokemon that I agree with more. These are all my least favorite pokemon!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •