Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 268

Thread: Pokemon Mafia Revelations

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    um, i thought we got a strike if we didnt vote...but you could just say "no vote" as your vote i guess....
    Yeah, we can abstain, which is what I'll be doing. For the moment, at least.

    Vote: Abstain.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    anywhere and everywhere
    Posts
    449

    Default

    I'm not going to vote for anyone without evidence.

    Vote - Abstain
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra


  3. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    i think i have ample evidence but i'll also ABSTAIN.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unova, got an Isshu with that?
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i think i have ample evidence but i'll also ABSTAIN.
    So you BELIEVE you have evidence, but don't wish to share it?

    If you're not confident about your evidence, that's fine, but please, if you believe you have some, share.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke


    Badges: 2
    Deaths: 0

  5. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i think i have ample evidence
    Oh, please don't start this.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,053

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Swerve City
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Ample evidence? Then why don't you, oh idk, out your "ample evidence". Cause in my world, withholding information is the same as lying.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I'm on a blimp, mother****er.
    Posts
    382

    Default

    I want to know how he was able to gather such ample evidence when pretty much every post has been filler, I know some times that can lead to suspicions, but nothing near "Ample Evidence".

    Voting: Abstain.

    oh and just fyi, someone should totally rename themselves Abstain.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Vote: Abstain

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unova, got an Isshu with that?
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digipoke View Post
    I want to know how he was able to gather such ample evidence when pretty much every post has been filler, I know some times that can lead to suspicions, but nothing near "Ample Evidence".

    Voting: Abstain.

    oh and just fyi, someone should totally rename themselves Abstain.
    Yeah, cause Abstain is a deadly killer sent to destroy us all.

    Vote: Abstain
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke


    Badges: 2
    Deaths: 0

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Teleporting round the world
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Now I am not sure if you really have this information but really it should be shared so we can take it into account later (or maybe now) if you really have it.
    Also this Vote=ABSTAIN.

    Credit to Sworn Metalhead

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in Hoenn
    Posts
    666

    Default

    I wonder if ansem is saying that just to mess with our heads. :P

    Anyway, nothing much to go on, so...

    Vote: Abstain

    @ Eleventh: Yeah, there's always that, too. XD
    Last edited by Crimson Penguin; 14th January 2013 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Added reply

    Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:


  13. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    I wonder if ansem is saying that just to mess with our heads. :P
    Or, just maybe, he's attempting, and failing, to be pseudo-intellectual.

    Who knows?
    Last edited by The Eleventh; 14th January 2013 at 9:58 PM.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Coolest Themepark
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Vote: Abstain

    Credit to Junpearl63 for the banner

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    I wonder if ansem is saying that just to mess with our heads. :P

    Anyway, nothing much to go on, so...

    Vote: Abstain
    Close, but not quite.
    and I do suspect a.few people.and your reactions have also assisted my deductions.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  16. #66

    Default

        Spoiler:- ROLES:

    Alright, let me start with an evaluation of the roles and what I think should be done in the first few night phases based on that. I want to do this so that the discussion about strategy is settled and we can move on to scumhunting. If you disagree with something I say please feel free to argue.

    There are two investigative roles: Umbreon, and Marril. The real useful one here is Umbreon, since he can not only see the role but who they are targetting. This is especially useful when Umbreon finds an evil player, because an evil player will use their actions on their teammates or on a town player depending on what it is. What I'm trying to say is don't ignore the person they targetted. If for example you find Tepig, then the person they injured is most likely town, so you learned not only that someone who tepig is but also who a town is. Marril, on the other hand, can't tell if they're trying to help the person or harm the person that they visited, so whoever it is would have to do some deep thinking about it.

    There are two protective roles: Lucario and Frosslass. Use your abilities on people that talk alot since those are likely to be noticed by mafia and seen as threats. Of course, only use it if you think that person is town. Remember when no one dies, it doesn't mean that it's because you saved someone. Mafia could have been roleblocked or the other protective role could have been the one to protect correctly.

    There are four role-blockers: Dugtrio, Heracros Garchomp Escavalier. I'm putting Escavalier here because I believe he should focus on preventing night actions rather than preventing people from voting (more on that later though). Since there are so many roleblockers it is likely that a mafia is hit sooner or later so that's pretty good. Just try not to get Umbreon, because that would suck x10.

    There are four role-cancellers: Luxray, Giratina, Boldore, Hypno. This is where I might get disagreement, but I do not believe that these should use their powers if they can avoid it. The reason is simple: there are too many and the odds is that a town will get cancelled. If we get -4 or even -3 we are at a huge disadvantage. Furthermore there are many roles that get activated after they are targetted and it's not worth risking hitting those roles. Boldore should /never/ use it in my opinion. Gaining a vote is always better than cancelling a vote since you know it will be for a town player and it's pretty much the same thing if you look at it that way.

    There are four killing roles: Whirlipede, Machop, Gligar, Slaking. I know some can't avoid it, but those that do try not to do anything for the first few nights. Killing an important town role is devastating so in my opinion better wait and be safe than sorry. After the first couple of days when the mafia get a little more obvious feel free to try and shoot someone but please be wary.

    There are two exection-stoppers: Victini and Venasaur. Well, not much to say here. If you feel something is wrong, it probably is. Follow your gut but don't overuse it. Remember, lynching is how we kill mafia.




    Whoosh, that was probably longer than it should have. Anyways, Vote: Ruby XIII. It was between that or Crimson.
    Credit to Flame Master 14




    Credit to Gladeshadow

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Unova, got an Isshu with that?
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon-expert-chris View Post

    Whoosh, that was probably longer than it should have. Anyways, Vote: Ruby XIII. It was between that or Crimson.
    Ok, I can see why you're voting me, so I'm not going to flip-out or anything.

    The posting without abstaining did look somewhat scummy, and I do admit to this, much as I didn't want it to appear that way.

    And then Abstaining once everyone else did, also, kinda scummy. >_<; Ok, so I'm not doing well as a player, so if you want to lynch me, it's my fault for appearing so scummy Day 1.
    Pokemon Omega Ruby DexNavlocke


    Badges: 2
    Deaths: 0

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    48

    Default

    1. The Eleventh................. Abstain
    2. pokemon-expert-chris... Ruby XIII
    3. YDT................................ Abstain
    4. SoulDialga.....................
    5. Ponymon....................... Abstain
    6. The Meddler..................
    7. ansem the wise............ Abstain
    8. Bullkid............................
    9. Monster Guy.................. Abstain
    10. MarshtompMan............
    11. Infernobat................... Abstain
    12. kingsley.......................
    13. Ruby XIII..................... Abstain
    14. Digipoke..................... Abstain
    15. SpyroxPikachu............
    16.Fireray.........................
    17. GalladeofSpades.........
    18. Crimson Penguin......... Abstain
    19. Sir DJ...........................
    20. {(•)___(•)}.................
    21. Stereotypical Nerd.......
    22. Tumnus........................
    23. Shazdar....................... Abstain
    24. Mawile412...................
    25. Armando Payne...........
    26. WizardTrubbish............

    Total:

    Ruby XIII-1
    Abstain-10
    Pokemon Mafia Revelations is here at last


  19. #69
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Slateport City
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    It's pretty early to decide who we should vote, and we don't really have much evidence against anyone so

    Vote: Abstain

    And it's the time we waste, swallowed into space. . . .

  20. #70
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,053

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon-expert-chris View Post
    Alright, let me start with an evaluation of the roles and what I think should be done in the first few night phases based on that. I want to do this so that the discussion about strategy is settled and we can move on to scumhunting. If you disagree with something I say please feel free to argue.

    There are two investigative roles: Umbreon, and Marril. The real useful one here is Umbreon, since he can not only see the role but who they are targetting. This is especially useful when Umbreon finds an evil player, because an evil player will use their actions on their teammates or on a town player depending on what it is. What I'm trying to say is don't ignore the person they targetted. If for example you find Tepig, then the person they injured is most likely town, so you learned not only that someone who tepig is but also who a town is. Marril, on the other hand, can't tell if they're trying to help the person or harm the person that they visited, so whoever it is would have to do some deep thinking about it.

    There are two protective roles: Lucario and Frosslass. Use your abilities on people that talk alot since those are likely to be noticed by mafia and seen as threats. Of course, only use it if you think that person is town. Remember when no one dies, it doesn't mean that it's because you saved someone. Mafia could have been roleblocked or the other protective role could have been the one to protect correctly.

    There are four role-blockers: Dugtrio, Heracros Garchomp Escavalier. I'm putting Escavalier here because I believe he should focus on preventing night actions rather than preventing people from voting (more on that later though). Since there are so many roleblockers it is likely that a mafia is hit sooner or later so that's pretty good. Just try not to get Umbreon, because that would suck x10.

    There are four role-cancellers: Luxray, Giratina, Boldore, Hypno. This is where I might get disagreement, but I do not believe that these should use their powers if they can avoid it. The reason is simple: there are too many and the odds is that a town will get cancelled. If we get -4 or even -3 we are at a huge disadvantage. Furthermore there are many roles that get activated after they are targetted and it's not worth risking hitting those roles. Boldore should /never/ use it in my opinion. Gaining a vote is always better than cancelling a vote since you know it will be for a town player and it's pretty much the same thing if you look at it that way.

    There are four killing roles: Whirlipede, Machop, Gligar, Slaking. I know some can't avoid it, but those that do try not to do anything for the first few nights. Killing an important town role is devastating so in my opinion better wait and be safe than sorry. After the first couple of days when the mafia get a little more obvious feel free to try and shoot someone but please be wary.

    There are two exection-stoppers: Victini and Venasaur. Well, not much to say here. If you feel something is wrong, it probably is. Follow your gut but don't overuse it. Remember, lynching is how we kill mafia.




    Whoosh, that was probably longer than it should have. Anyways, Vote: Ruby XIII. It was between that or Crimson.
    I thought you had to use your abilities every day/night. You can choose not to?

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    I thought you had to use your abilities every day/night. You can choose not to?
    i think it depends on the ability.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In the Milky Way
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Well, we have no evidence, so Vote: Abstain.

    Credit to FairyWitch for the banner.

    Unofficial "guy who welcomes people to the forums."
    2DS Friend Code: 4012-5090-3224
    VM me if you add me.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Swerve City
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i think it depends on the ability.
    Yeah, based off of Epicmafia, quite a few roles you can decide not to use them, but some you have to(like the Killer). Though it's been awhile since I've played a fongermafia where I didn't die night 1, so he might do things differently.

    Anyways, I'm sure that I am not the only one who is interested in your ample evidence that you claim to have. Telling us that you have suspicions and evidence without outing them does absolutely nothing.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Meddler View Post
    Yeah, based off of Epicmafia, quite a few roles you can decide not to use them, but some you have to(like the Killer). Though it's been awhile since I've played a fongermafia where I didn't die night 1, so he might do things differently.

    Anyways, I'm sure that I am not the only one who is interested in your ample evidence that you claim to have. Telling us that you have suspicions and evidence without outing them does absolutely nothing.
    *sits in chair*
    "does nothing" for whom?
    on the contrary, your reactions have given all players a better grip on the scenario.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  25. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    *sits in chair*
    "does nothing" for whom?
    on the contrary, your reactions have given all players a better grip on the scenario.
    :|

    I'm changing my previous vote of abstaining to Voting ansem the wise.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •