Thread: Favorite Gym Battles

Default Favorite Gym Battles

What was your favorite gym battle that Ash had to go through in all the series?

I liked his battle against Sabrina. She was just so creepy! xD Threatening to turn him into a doll before the battle. She might have well have just screamed, "NO PRESSURE!" in his face. xD

Snowpoint

The only problem was chimchar again hogging all of the spotlight but at least there that was the only problem. A 4v4 was a nice change though.

Ash's battle against Maylene.

I love watching between Buizel and Lucario.

Thanks to Skiyomi for the banner!

When counter shield was first used, I liked watching that gym battle :P

When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Cinnabar.

It's the only one that feels like a true gym battle (even if Blaine's off-model). Also, dat Seismic Toss.
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

These are my favourite gym battles in the anime:

Kanto: Brock, Lt.Surge, Sabrina, Blaine
    Johto: Falkner, Morty, Jasmine, Claire
    Hoenn: N/A
    Sinnoh: Maylene, Wake
    Unova: Cilan, Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Roxie

Ash vs Volkner. I mean, we see Infernape lose control and destroy everything. And we see that in his state, he can control it this time and he landed a huge blow on Luxray.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Attaxx View Post
    Cinnabar.

It's the only one that feels like a true gym battle (even if Blaine's off-model). Also, dat Seismic Toss.
    Agree, Cinnabar Gym with Blaine was the best, Charizard vs Magmar in the top of a volcano= awesome
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

Ash vs Surge is my favorite. In generall I feel like the Kanto gym battles is more about "rival stuff" and not like Ash and the gym leader is friends. Ofc you can mix it up but I do think many of the Kanto gym battles is more epic because of this.

What makes Ash vs Surge extra good for me is the fact that it is not only the way Surge is talking to Ash but also Pikachu. This makes it to the battle Pikachu/Ash REALLY wanna win and kick their asses. Even after Pikachu lost badly he wanna go back and beat Raichu. This gym battle was really epic for sure =)

Blain: Another one that put much focus on the Pokemons in a good way. Charizard actually fighting was really cool to see.

Sabrina: She was so creepy which made the battle even batter. The way Pikachu decide to fight for Ash is also a super good scene and I love it (Psychic Pokemons are broken :P)

Kanto is definitely his battles with Lt.Surge and Blaine.

Orange Islands: I liked the one where Ash put Pikachu and Charizard against Alakazam and Marowak.

Johto: Probably Clair was the best battle.

Hoenn: I haven't seen this season in awhile so I can't really say but I did like the battle with Flanney which I watched quite recently

Sinnoh: To be honest, I really like most of the Gym Battles but I wasn't that much of a fan of the Candice and Volkner Gym Battles for some reason.

Unova: Probably Elesa, Clay, Skyla, Brycen, and Roxie.

I like the one with Blaine, because Charizard is just too epic.

VS Blaine on Cinnabar Island. I'll admit, probably nostalgia, but it was a good battle ^^

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Kanto: My favorite was probably the gym battle with Blaine.
    Johto: Didn't see any gym battles from Johto so I can't answer.
    Hoenn: Winona definitely.
    Sinnoh: Maylene, hands down!
    Unova: Skyla

Spoiler:- Credit:

Ash vs Drake is still the best.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Kanto: Lt Surge and Blaine
    Johto: Falkner
    Hoenn: Haven't seen much of Hoenn, so probably Juan
    Sinnoh: Roark (dat rampardos)
    Unova: Clay

Pretty much all of Ash's Sinnoh Gym Battles are good. The one I like the most is Hearthome Gym. It gives the feel that Ash is actually winning, and the counter-shield strategy. Sexy. I also like Roark's gym battle, dat smexy spin. Maylene's gym is also another good one. I remembered Snowpoint was another favourite of mine as well. Forgot the details of the Sunnyshore Gym though.

As for Unova... Not many. I liked vs Cilan and vs Brycen. vs Lenora was also kind of nice.

The rest are kinda blurry since I didn't really remembered the other ones.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad