View Poll Results: Pokemon Anime downhill, uphill, or the same as always?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's the same as always.

1 25.00%
  • It's gone downhill.

3 75.00%
  • It's gone uphill.

0 0%
  • It's getting worse and worse.

1 25.00%
  • It's getting better and better.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Has the Pokemon Anime Gone Downhill/Uphill to you, or remained the same as always?

Default Has the Pokemon Anime Gone Downhill/Uphill to you, or remained the same as always?

So I've been checking out some forums and felt this was an interesting topic people brought up.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the Pokemon Anime Series as a whole and whether you feel it has 1) gone/is going downhill, 2) is going uphill, or 3) the same as always.

I have to say, IMO, the show has gone downhill since it began overall to me (again, that's just me, feel free to share if you disagree). It's still enjoyable, but not as good as it used to be to me for a multitude of reasons.

The main ones in my case are the following:

1) Replacing characters without them reaching their goals (and changing some goals of former main cast members, writing them off poorly).
    2) English Dub VA Switch is annoying to me, and the replacement VAs aren't as good as the originals are in my eyes (hated the VAs changing).
    3) Regression of Ash's Character in the BW series (pro to this is that his personality has returned, though).
    4) Negligence of Characters (DP: Brock; BW: TRio)
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th January 2013 at 4:39 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I'm gunna be the oddball and say its gone down for me. I think it really sunk when they changed the VA's and made Ash look...more like a kid...The old Ash will still remain hotter in my eyes...
    God that sounded wrong for a 20 year old to say...

Uphill in graphics, The graphics look nice but its just that old feel of the originals that made me like them. Then again i'm subjective to that kinda stuff. I like all old animes where you can tell its old by the art style and coloring and whatnot.
    Also they took out Gary D< FFFFFooorrk you guys Gary will always be Ashes one true rival!

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

It's more or less remained the same for me. Always liked some parts of it, other parts a little bummed out. XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniss View Post
    I'm gunna be the oddball and say its gone down for me. I think it really sunk when they changed the VA's and made Ash look...more like a kid...The old Ash will still remain hotter in my eyes...
    God that sounded wrong for a 20 year old to say...

Uphill in graphics, The graphics look nice but its just that old feel of the originals that made me like them. Then again i'm subjective to that kinda stuff. I like all old animes where you can tell its old by the art style and coloring and whatnot.
    Also they took out Gary D< FFFFFooorrk you guys Gary will always be Ashes one true rival!
    I'm pretty much in agreement with what you're saying lol.

I think the eye change is cool yet stupid at the same time: it makes Ash look so much younger, but he's still 10 according to the Narrator. xD.

Of course, I prefer the original eyes he had as well.

Didn't like the VA change one bit...although, I'm finally used to current dub VAs, but still I sadly don't prefer them to their predecessors. They're at least much better than before in my eyes- occasionally, I'll crack a smile or two.

I like the graphics as well in the newer series- that's an improvement. I also loved the hand-drawn feel of the Kanto-late Johto eps. Really seems like they put a lot of work into the series' art work.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    It's more or less remained the same for me. Always liked some parts of it, other parts a little bummed out. XD
    Nice. My fav part about BW so far are Iris and Cilan, personally. I didn't vote for the option that "the anime is getting worse and worse," because I've found BW more enjoyable in terms of the chars than DP for me (excluding TRio, I don't like 'em so far in the BW series) and their chemistry is a lot better than that of the DP group, IMO. Ash also seems to have a lot of his old personality back, yet he's as well...stupid...as he was back in Indigo (if not worse in that regard). I'm alright with BW Ash though- he has his shining moments, to be sure.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th January 2013 at 4:36 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

We can discuss stuff like this in this thread -> http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Series-Thread
    Besides, this has got the making for a flamewar thread.

//CLOSED
    Encyclopika's Fic of the Moment:

Encyclopika:
    Made the banner
    Is a GIRL. >.>;;
    Has a deviantART account and a Tumblr
    Is on Fanfiction.net.
    Need a moveset for a specific Pokemon for a specific contest? PM me!
    Don't reply to my infractions. It's not gonna change anything.

Random friend requests do nothing. Let's actually talk first. >_<