Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What if Pokemon was 3D? (concepts inside)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default What if Pokemon was 3D? (concepts inside)

    Yes we all wish that Pokemon would become 3D, I mean come on, Gamefreak would be the next World of Warcraft except twice the millions of players. This is a goldmine.. I know it, you know it, they know it.

    But in the meantime we can only imagine what a 3D game would look like..

    Realistic? Anime-ish? WOW ish? Crysis like? Or how about my favorite..

    SKYWARD SWORD!

    Thats right, the great Legend of Zelda game, Skyward Sword. Ive spent a few hours plunging the internet for how this game could come out graphically, and in the end Skyward Sword was the way to go.

    So I jumped to Photoshop and made my way in, and concepted, and blending and oiled it up. And I present to you some concept ideas.

    http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ll-d5qo8td.jpg

    http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ll-d5qoglq.jpg

    http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ll-d5qor0e.jpg


    Now the idea behind it, is to be a free roaming MMO. Pokemon come, and they go. Some run away from you, some jump out and head into battle, each with their own unique personality. They climb trees, they sleep, they eat, they run, they do everything. And depending on when and where you are, depends on who shows up when and how.

    Ahhh enough with the flooey, discuss with me.

    Ps. Is there a missingno avatar? I want one

    Also I cant [ img ] pictures?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nobody from Nowhere
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Those pictures actually are pretty good, and I can only imagine how actual experts would make it look like. I don't know how other people would like the idea, though.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:



    If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serilei View Post
    Yes we all wish that Pokemon would become 3D, I mean come on, Gamefreak would be the next World of Warcraft except twice the millions of players. This is a goldmine.. I know it, you know it, they know it.
    Pokémon Black and White sold over five million copies in Japan and 14.71 million in the US market alone.

    Game Freak clearly know how sell the game without having to resort to shoehorning MMO into the series.


    Quote Originally Posted by Serilei View Post
    Thats right, the great Legend of Zelda game, Skyward Sword. Ive spent a few hours plunging the internet for how this game could come out graphically, and in the end Skyward Sword was the way to go.

    So I jumped to Photoshop and made my way in, and concepted, and blending and oiled it up. And I present to you some concept ideas.

    http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ll-d5qo8td.jpg

    http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ll-d5qoglq.jpg

    http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...ll-d5qor0e.jpg


    Now the idea behind it, is to be a free roaming MMO. Pokemon come, and they go. Some run away from you, some jump out and head into battle, each with their own unique personality. They climb trees, they sleep, they eat, they run, they do everything. And depending on when and where you are, depends on who shows up when and how.
    There is no way you will get a game of that quality on a handheld and Game Freak and Nintendo isn't in the business of making a MMO Pokémon game on the home consoles or ever.

    Furthermore the Pokémon series went 3D in generation 4.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    Those pictures actually are pretty good, and I can only imagine how actual experts would make it look like. I don't know how other people would like the idea, though.
    Thanks for the input. They have such a huge opportunity to turn this into something major.. No idea what they are waiting on..

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Pokémon Black and White sold over five million copies in Japan and 14.71 million in the US market alone.

    Game Freak clearly know how sell the game without having to resort to shoehorning MMO into the series.




    There is no way you will get a game of that quality on a handheld and Game Freak and Nintendo isn't in the business of making a MMO Pokémon game on the home consoles or ever.

    Furthermore the Pokémon series went 3D in generation 4.
    I dont want it to be seen as shoe horning, and it is good they are taking small steps into a different realm of 3D, but I wonder when there is a point that is will become full 3D like the pics I made.

    I mean you can only avoid it for so long. Not saying that are doing bad, they arent, and sales show that. But how much more intuition and creation is left to throw into 2d/3d handhelds before you need something more powerful to do whatever.

    Im glad after all these years we still have high numbers in sales and many fans. I just wonder whats next.. and well this is my dreams talking anyways lol

    Still the 3d images I made, still are good for jogging creativity in a game we may never get

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    155

    Default

    That's really good. And, yes, I would love 3D games, but more like a spin-off. I love how Pokémon is turning out to be lately and don't really need that big of a chance, at least in the Main Series Games
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Re-exploring Hoenn
    Posts
    6,193

    Default

    They can do that actually.
    You can hack your in-game camera and actually play Pokemon in a more 3D environment. The sprites are too pixelated though.

    GAMEFREAK mentioned that they will keep on using sprites because they can be more creative with it though.

    .: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Serilei View Post
    No idea what they are waiting on..
    They aren't waiting on anything. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I mean this argument has been around for years. Sure it's a neat concept, but if they can sell millions and millions of copies with what they are doing, they have no reason to change it.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Somewhere in the US!
    Posts
    260

    Default

    This would be good for a spin off today. But it would take a long time for Game Freak to evolve into this. But you're right, this is unavoidable.

    P.S. Great job on that concept art!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    From the land down under...
    Posts
    7,103

    Default

    This really seems more a discussion on images you created, and on top of that a speculation on future games that don't exist and may never will (not allowed on the forums due to previous issues).

    That and if you want to discuss what you'd want in Pokemon, there's the thread sticky for that in the Pokepolls subsection (Create/Change/etc Anything).

    Hence going to close.

    A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

    The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

    Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •