Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon anyone?

Default Sailor Moon anyone?

Who here loves Sailor Moon??? I love it so much i'm on the verge of obsession! lol! Any Chibi Chibi fans??? She's the most adorable character EVER! I love her and get so happy when I watch an episode with her in it! :3 She's that cute! lol! I hope to meet some Sailor Moon fans on here!

Speaking of Sailor Moon, I am beyond excited for the manga-faithful remake. Sailor Moon + 20 years of improved animation? It will be godly.

^ Oh yeah, they are rebooting the series.

I don't remember any of it, but Mom said I watched it as a kid (which she expressed dislike towards since she never liked the design of high-school girls looking like eight-year-olds and the fact the main character falls in love with an adult--I think Mamoru is an adult). Heck, I could've sworn Sailor Moon was just on Cartoon Network and not regular TV, but she said it was on in the mornings before school. I just know that for some reason when I was young (around the time of Cardcaptors), I wanted a Sailor Moon figurine or something like that, but I ended up getting Sailor Venus for some reason. I've been meaning to look up the series to watch it, but it keeps slipping my mind. The closest I've really watched Sailor Moon in recent times is the abridged series, but that's about it. So I guess I'm rather behind, though I guess I haven't really missed much.

I've been thinking about getting the manga, as I did see the volumes on the shelf at Barnes and Nobles a week ago when I was there, but the style kinda turns me away. I think Sailor Moon was one of Naoko Takeuchi's first manga series, so her style was still really rough. I dunno, I'm just a bit picky about styles at times.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I love Sailor Moon, but I haven't seen much past R. Though I am reading the manga as it is being re-released and will definitely check out the new anime this year.

My favorite character is Rei/Sailor Mars because she is mean. I much prefer her anime personality to the manga one, and I hope they use her anime personality for the new series.

My favorite part of Sailor Moon is the bad guys however. They are pretty badass, and I like how most of them are a lot more human than most of the other villians on T.V. back when it was new. (in the U.S.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't remember any of it, but Mom said I watched it as a kid (which she expressed dislike towards since she never liked the design of high-school girls looking like eight-year-olds and the fact the main character falls in love with an adult--I think Mamoru is an adult).
    He is college aged in the anime and high school aged in the manga. I prefer the manga age difference myself.
    Last edited by Zazie; 7th January 2013 at 5:11 AM.

Watch me tumble stuff:
    http://catharsiscat.tumblr.com/

Sailor Moon, the little girls' show that guys watched before Ponies came along and made it cool for guys to watch little girls' shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    They're rebooting it this summer right? I think I might watch.
    That they are.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

Well I don't love it but I did watch it a lot when I was a kid. My favorite was Sailor mars cause she kinda looks like me a little lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jolteon91 View Post
    Sailor Moon, the little girls' show that guys watched before Ponies came along and made it cool for guys to watch little girls' shows.
    Who said Sailor Moon or Ponies fir that matter is for little girls only?

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Who said Sailor Moon or Ponies fir that matter is for little girls only?
    Their target demographic is young girls, of course they're girls' shows.
    My Anime List

Their target demographic is young girls, of course they're girls' shows.
    Not really. Yugioh's target demographic is boys but girls(myself included) play it as well. My point is: Just because a show has a specific target audience does not mean that is the only audience it has or should have.

Not really. Yugioh's target demographic is boys but girls(myself included) play it as well. My point is: Just because a show has a specific target audience does not mean that is the only audience it has or should have.
    I never said it should only have a female audience though, I simply said it was the girls' show guys watched before Ponies came along.
    My Anime List

I never said it should only have a female audience though, I simply said it was the girls' show guys watched before Ponies came along.
    But it's not just a girls' show is the point i'm trying to make

One of my all time faves, at least until Card Captor Sakura came along..
    Last edited by Soaring Pikachu; 8th January 2013 at 2:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soaring Pikachu View Post
    One of my all time fav's, at least until Card Captor Sakura came along..
    OMG I love Card Captor Sakura!! ^_^

Japanese or English?

I like the manga and the anime series though I found Chibi Chibi annoying. My favourite character was Rei for a long time cos I liked her bossy attitude and that she had her own unique power. I recently rewatched the entire series and I really enjoyed the latter story arche, particularly the one involving the pure hearts and the outer soldiers and the one which was basically a retelling of the fairytale Snow Queen by Anderson. I've since started reading Cardcaptor Sakura which was popular around the same time as Sailor Moon and I'm loving that too.
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 7th January 2013 at 2:15 PM.

Tham gia choi game World of Warcraft mi?n phĂ* t?i
    http://www.player.vn/ d? tr?i nghi?m vĂ* t?n hu?ng game 3D s? 1 th? gi?i

But it's not just a girls' show is the point i'm trying to make
    Sailor Moon is Shoujo manga. So it's target audience is females. That doesn't change if males read/watch it. So it's a girls show. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Sailor Moon is Shoujo manga. So it's target audience is females. That doesn't change if males read/watch it. So it's a girls show. Make sense?
    But isn't calling it a "girls' show" implying that only girls watch/read it and/or should be the only ones to watch/read it?

But isn't calling it a "girls' show" implying that only girls watch/read it and/or should be the only ones to watch/read it?
    Same with "boys' show", but lots of girls watch shows made for boys, because it's been the general norm. Boys are more marketable than girls in most cases. There's also the difference in tastes between Japan and America. Japan likes cute things, meanwhile we here like our stuff to be badass and awesome. That's why we have the trope called American Kirby is Hardcore because the American boxart for the Kirby games (except for Epic Yarn) depicts Kirby with angry eyebrows, showing he's serious and ready for action. Honestly, what normal boy would want to play a game that shows a happy, smiley, pink puffball on the cover?

Hell, Nelvana made Cardcaptor Sakura have a more shounen feel in the dub, which was the reason why some boys did watch Cardcaptors back in the day. The dub changes were as such: the (awesome) rock theme song, the cutting out of the first seven episodes except in a few exceptions (the Silent Card was eventually shown out of order, though they also cut out quite a bit more episodes because of the romantic subplots), the girls not sounding like elementary school students (I think they had Sakura be a tomboy in the dub, so her voice of course sounded that way), and making Kero have a rough, radical voice. Your mileage may vary whether this was a good thing or not.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I am currently watching Sailor Moon S I also just saw the very last episode of Sailor Moon Sailor Stars (series finale) last night. So sad yet so beautiful I think :3 I also love Sailor Venus, Moon, Chibi Moon, Neptune and Pluto and Tuxedo Mask/Darien to name a few lol! I really want to get more into anime...I think i'm gonna stick with the Magic Girls genre!
    Last edited by PokeMasterCait; 7th January 2013 at 8:18 PM.

ooh i loved this as a kid! Theme sog was from the english verison but the storyline was from japanese version xD i can onl remember few though..

I like Mercury and Chibiusa, nya~

No, calling it a girls' show is implying the target audience is female.
    My Anime List

No, it's just saying what the target demographic is.

Edit: Oh hey, we had the same response.

I am a fan of Sailor Moon also too when I saw it when I was young around at the age of 6 seeing it on tv during in the mornings back then.It was the very first anime I enjoy.I remember one time it was shown on a different channel back then and soon they never played it again anymore when a couple of years has came when Toonmai came on Cartoon Network Sailor Moon was brought back and it was the first one that started at 4:00 pm.I always remeber this stuff when it happen.And also me and my sister we recorded some of the episodes of Sailor Moon on tape.We got a few from Sailor Moon R(that has Anne and Alan in it and a few from when Rini came.Until then we got some on another tape that happen during after what happen with Rubeus when they brought Prince Diamond and his brother Sapphire and Emeralde too when the Scout went to the future Rini's home.We never got the chance to record the one when Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon Super S came but I did watch it on tv.But I did also got two movies of Sailor Moon.The sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon Super S.I also bought a video of Sailor Moon S with voices in Japanese with english subtitles and got three videos of Sailor Moon Star too and two cds musics of Sailor Moon.And got Sailor Moon manga books.

I'm telling you I'm a huge fan of Sailor Moon back then and I'm still now.And I'm glad that when I found out coming in 2013 they are bringing back Sailor Moon I was so excited.

I enjoy that they also had some different anime girls action stuff being played on there which was CardCaptor Sakura.They need to bring back some Magical Girl action on tv again.

I love sailor moon. I remember getting into arugements we my stepbothers over watching this but i won ever know and did i won. I really liked it when they finally brought back the manga. My favotre scout was Sailor Neptune.
    Guardian of the Land

Pokemon Black FC / No Wifi Yet

Sig. Under Construction for the moment.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast