Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else think Poison type needs a buff?

Adding any resistance or weakness to water will require a deep analysis as 17% of the Pokemons are water type. If poison becomes super effective on water (what probably will not happen), not only the poison types will become more desired as well as poison type moves. It should be easy to defeat water Pokemons with poison instead grass or electric as water usually can cover grass weakness with ice and some of them can cover electric weakness with Earthquake/Dig.

In my viewpoint, I wouldn't like any other change in the type match-ups chart. It seems balanced since Generation and that's probably why they didn't alter anything ever since nor introduced any other type. And if poison should be super effective against water because living creatures cannot survive in polluted water, then we could discuss any other type match-ups that doesn't make sense. For example, fire shouldn't be super effective in steel because metals got high melting point. Therefore metalic-based Pokemons should resist to fire.

Poison SE vs. Water, and Poison SE vs. Dragon.

Because f*ck Kingdra.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    But the Pokemon of the type are always a pain to defeat, imo. just look at Muk, Swalot, roserade and Crobat, for example.
    or you just suck

really, Roserade and Crobat are pretty frail and neither can do too much unless you're running mono-Grass or something, Muk and Swalot are Earthquake weak and kinda need set-up to be any good

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    Adding any resistance or weakness to water will require a deep analysis as 17% of the Pokemons are water type. If poison becomes super effective on water (what probably will not happen), not only the poison types will become more desired as well as poison type moves. It should be easy to defeat water Pokemons with poison instead grass or electric as water usually can cover grass weakness with ice and some of them can cover electric weakness with Earthquake/Dig.
    That's why people are suggesting Poison > Water, though, because there are so many Water-types. Bear in mind that many Water-types get Psychic/Zen Headbutt as well as Earthquake/Earth Power, not to mention the /Grounds, /Poisons, /Rocks, and /Ghosts against whom Poison would merely be neutral (meanwhile, only Ludicolo takes 4x). It's not as OP as you're making it out to be.

In my viewpoint, I wouldn't like any other change in the type match-ups chart. It seems balanced since Generation and that's probably why they didn't alter anything ever since nor introduced any other type.
    Except Poison is very obviously imbalanced, hence the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    That's why people are suggesting Poison > Water, though, because there are so many Water-types.
    People is not suggesting Poison > Water because there are many water types. They're suggesting that because poison is considered to be harmed in the type matchu-ups. They found out that making it super effective against water was going to be a nice solution.

Bear in mind that many Water-types get Psychic/Zen Headbutt as well as Earthquake/Earth Power, not to mention the /Grounds, /Poisons, /Rocks, and /Ghosts against whom Poison would merely be neutral (meanwhile, only Ludicolo takes 4x). *It's not as OP as you're making it out to be.
    Many? I think that actually we have few water type Pokémons that can learn Psychic. And about Earthquake, some poison Pokemons were gifted with Levitate ability, flying secondary type or are grass type. They don't fear ground, so.

Except Poison is very obviously imbalanced, hence the thread.
    I think that grass and rock were even more imbalanced than poison, they have 5 weakness each.

I think that grass and rock were even more imbalanced than poison, they have 5 weakness each.
    I would say Rock is balanced because of it's 4 SE's (Fire, Bug, Flying, Ice) While Grass is passable. (Water, Rock, Ground)
    And Poison is only SE in grass. How can you even say that poison is balanced?

"No, Poison shouldn't be super effective against Water because that wouldn't make any sense.
    If you took first-aid classes before getting a drivers license, water is used for the contact or consuming of anything acidic or chemical to dilute them.
    Water should resist Poison and be super effective against it, because it makes it weaker.

Yes, I am speaking about acids and chemicals, but it should also dilute the purity of Poison and the Poison types have an attack called Acid." Hilda

thats true, but Poison can infect/ pollute the water

bugs are what go bump in the dark,
    grass doesn't beat electricity, it just resists it
    Fighters smash steel
    Poison's Pain can be blocked with the mind

To add to the Poison>Water debate, just look at all the worldwide sewage spills, chemical waste runoff, oil spills, etc. that make our beaches, waterways, and oceans unsafe for humans and animals. Even a trace amount of toxin in the water supply can pose a health risk for hundreds or thousands of living creatures. I do find it strange how poisons are potentially lethal to a vast amount of living things IRL, whereas in Pokemon, Poison is arguably the weakest offensive type in the game. It just doesn't make sense that it's only SE against one other type.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Many? I think that actually we have few water type Pokémons that can learn Psychic.
    These learn Psychic
    These learn Zen Headbutt
    These learn Earthquake
    These learn Earth Power
    (BTW, if the lists seem small, it's because pre-evos are filtered out)

Yeah, there's enough.

And about Earthquake, some poison Pokemons were gifted with Levitate ability, flying secondary type or are grass type. They don't fear ground, so.
    Gee, secondary types help Pokemon cover weaknesses and gain new ones?

Pretty sure you're allowed to use moves other than Earthquake for coverage.

Grass is a counter to the Water/Ground/Electric triangle, keeping that entire thing in check. Rock is an offensive type with few resists and key SE matchups. Meanwhile, what's Poison got going for it?

Poison should go back to being SE against bug types, since we do use different types of sprays to kill them. But personally, I think Ice types deserves more of a buff than poison.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by stylesbk View Post
    I think most Poison Types shoudl recieve some kind of stat boost, Arbok and Nidoking could be bumped up just a tad so their a little more physical. For me personally I just don't think there are many cool looking Poison types and that's what i'm looking for.
    Nidoking's already pretty physical, and his greatest facet is Special.

Anyhoo: the arguments for Poison SE Water and Poison SE Bug and Poison SE Flying are flawed, be amuse everything that's poisoned dies unless it has an immunity Immunity to it.

And Poison's already brutal. It doesn't need a buff; 9ther types just need to stop being so OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

You're all missing the point. Every type is exactly how it's supposed to and should be. Poison is an excellent defensive, yet awful offensive type. Ice is the opposite, while water is the best of both worlds. This just seems like another thread where people can complain about the existence of things, without caring if said complaints fall on deaf ears.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

The poison type is not meant to be the home of the sweeper and super powerful or legendary. It is not cool and liked but sly and despised, it has it's niche which is status inducing, stalling, tricking just like the type's personality not providing great coverage and power and being the star or the hero like say the fire type.

The Poison type is beautiful and usefula as is, as itself

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    To add to the Poison>Water debate, just look at all the worldwide sewage spills, chemical waste runoff, oil spills, etc. that make our beaches, waterways, and oceans unsafe for humans and animals. Even a trace amount of toxin in the water supply can pose a health risk for hundreds or thousands of living creatures. I do find it strange how poisons are potentially lethal to a vast amount of living things IRL, whereas in Pokemon, Poison is arguably the weakest offensive type in the game. It just doesn't make sense that it's only SE against one other type.
    As you compared our world to Pokemon, if poison should be super effective on water, I assume that life shouldn't exist in Pokemon world. That because if poison are in advantage to water, then they would spread in the aquatic enviroments and disable the existence of life (if water became polluted, then it is inappropriated to living creatures surive). However, Pokemons exist in the water, then there is two reasons for that. First, if Pokemons normally exist in the water, then poison doesn't damage them effectively. Second, as life comes from water, the natural selection selected the aquatic Pokemons able to resist to poison, at least normally, then no water type Pokemon is weak to poison (except if it were paired with grass).

These learn Psychic
    These learn Zen Headbutt
    These learn Earthquake
    These learn Earth Power
    (BTW, if the lists seem small, it's because pre-evos are filtered out)

Yeah, there's enough.
    Though including the pre evo, they aren't many. You have just proved that.

Grass is a counter to the Water/Ground/Electric triangle, keeping that entire thing in check. Rock is an offensive type with few resists and key SE matchups. Meanwhile, what's Poison got going for it?
    What? Rock has few resistences? Let's see... water, ground, grass, fighting and steel.

I really do not understand your definition of many and few.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Poison should go back to being SE against bug types, since we do use different types of sprays to kill them. But personally, I think Ice types deserves more of a buff than poison.
    No. They made poison few effective on bug, and they won't turn it back to super effective. The type match-ups has been the same since the introdution of dark and steel and if it wasn't altered again it is because it is not indeed necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    You're all missing the point. Every type is exactly how it's supposed to and should be. Poison is an excellent defensive, yet awful offensive type. Ice is the opposite, while water is the best of both worlds. This just seems like another thread where people can complain about the existence of things, without caring if said complaints fall on deaf ears.
    This is the Pokemon General Discussion section... that's why we're here, to discuss!

This is the Pokemon General Discussion section... that's why we're here, to discuss!
    Even though Great Gonzales was commenting that this matter need not be discussed he still provides discussion and another argument on the topic so he is in fact debating.

I don't understand why poison isn't effective against bugs, last I checked poison kills bugs.

A ton of types need to get buffed, such as Poison and Bug. Ghost shouldn't be buffed, but it lacks variety in Pokémon.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    A ton of types need to get buffed, such as Poison and Bug. Ghost shouldn't be buffed, but it lacks variety in Pokémon.
    ...Bug?

Surely you are referring to a different Bug-type from another and not a the Pokemon type that includes some of the most lethal Pokemon. But yes. Poison is laughably bad.

I guess so. At first the poison types may seem intimidating but for me, they're the weakest type and I have never used a Poke from this typing in my team. So yeah, I guess if ever there is a 6th gen and I could make it by then, hope to see better poison types. Many poison attacks are good enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    I don't understand why poison isn't effective against bugs, last I checked poison kills bugs.
    Many bugs are produtocers of poison in real life.

Meh. I don't think it needs any improvement, none of them do.

I wish that Bug was weak to Poison again. That was a type match-up that actually made sense and I have no idea why they got rid of it.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

Ya.You don't see a lot of people using posion or grass types anymore.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Though including the pre evo, they aren't many. You have just proved that.
    Which would kind of defeat the purpose of having an advantage.

What? Rock has few resistences? Let's see... water, ground, grass, fighting and steel.

I really do not understand your definition of many and few.
    When I say few resists, I mean few types resist it. Pokemon who resist are resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    No. Poison kills everything.

And about what last poster said: Resists are types that are not very effective against it: Flyig resists grass...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

I don't think bug type needs a buff, but I do agree with you about ghost types. They're pretty powerful, but there should be more. As for poison types, I think a good solution would be similar to ghost types, by adding more Pokemon with good stats that match they're moves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast