Thread: Some of my Work.

Hybrid View

Default Some of my Work.

Hey, I barely draw lately, but here is some of my drawings though, even though they were from my old DeviantART Account:

Spoiler:- My Real Art on Beedrill:

Spoiler:- My Latest One:

Spoiler:- Quil and Jolt:

Spoiler:- Vulpix finds a Fire Stone:
    Last edited by Quilava42; 7th January 2013 at 1:38 PM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Well, as far as I have seen from your works, they still need improvement with the anatomy of creatures and human. I suggest you should look more into anatomy reference and practice. I like how you use a variety of color for the shading, but some of the blending in the shades are quite off.

In the pokemon trainers drawing, it could use less blur/blending and more of a cell shade. In the Vulpix drawing however, the shade is too sharp if you are going into the lineless style of drawing (I assumed it was since the line was barely there). The shading is quite awkward and still very one dimension. You should try to brush the shading more smoothly and curl them, since when you look at Vulpix the fur would never straighten out like that and would give out a more natural curl (idek how to explain this oh gosh). The fire in the drawing was also too soft and blurry also. And sometimes I noticed that the highlight you used are a bit too bright and glossy, even abused in the Vulpix drawing. You can see that the highlight you made just seemed like balls of ghost lights flying around, and it is quite visually distracting from the main subject of the drawing that is the Vulpix. Maybe you should try to tone it down and only highlight specific part that the light would hit, in order to give your drawing more concentration.

Your style was quite unique in my opinion, and you should continue to practice in order to make your drawing more refined. I recommended you to look at reference from other art, but continue to draw in your own style. I do hope you find it useful and continue to draw more in the future, because I will be looking forward to see your improvement !

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Quote Originally Posted by goldensteambun View Post
    Well, as far as I have seen from your works, they still need improvement with the anatomy of creatures and human. I suggest you should look more into anatomy reference and practice. I like how you use a variety of color for the shading, but some of the blending in the shades are quite off.

In the pokemon trainers drawing, it could use less blur/blending and more of a cell shade. In the Vulpix drawing however, the shade is too sharp if you are going into the lineless style of drawing (I assumed it was since the line was barely there). The shading is quite awkward and still very one dimension. You should try to brush the shading more smoothly and curl them, since when you look at Vulpix the fur would never straighten out like that and would give out a more natural curl (idek how to explain this oh gosh). The fire in the drawing was also too soft and blurry also. And sometimes I noticed that the highlight you used are a bit too bright and glossy, even abused in the Vulpix drawing. You can see that the highlight you made just seemed like balls of ghost lights flying around, and it is quite visually distracting from the main subject of the drawing that is the Vulpix. Maybe you should try to tone it down and only highlight specific part that the light would hit, in order to give your drawing more concentration.

Your style was quite unique in my opinion, and you should continue to practice in order to make your drawing more refined. I recommended you to look at reference from other art, but continue to draw in your own style. I do hope you find it useful and continue to draw more in the future, because I will be looking forward to see your improvement !
    Yeah well most of them were drawn a few months ago and I already know the errors, it's not like I can go back to this drawing and edit it since I already deleted the file. Right now, I barely drew since October. But thanks.
    Last edited by Quilava42; 14th January 2013 at 11:38 AM.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

you are talented

While there is some room for improvement on your artworks, I have to say though that the style used in them is pretty good. I like them but it can be nice if you improve more but otherwise, really good artworks.