Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Journey Into the Frontier

Um yeah, sign ups are still open. Jacques looks good, so he is Pending, Awaiting Quiz Results!

EDIT: Alex has been accepted as a Magnemite, and Mason has been accepted as a Duskull!

Important Announcement: I am now closing sign ups to anyone who hasn't signed up or reserved already! So once everyone sends in their quizes and deltakurumiru4 and Andydemon finish their sign ups and then quizes, we can start! Though since Andydemon didn't seem to be sure about whether he'd sign up, I won't wait for him too long if he's all I'm waiting for.
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 10th January 2013 at 3:04 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Just wondering if sign ups are still open. If they are, may I enter? Here's my form.
    Name: Emily Green

Appearance: Emily has green eyes, light brown hair that falls just past her shoulders, and small ears. Her skin is very pale and she wears glasses. She is a couple inches shorter than average, but most don't notice. Emily usually wears a pink T-shirt, jeans, and tennis shoes; very casual. She is an average weight for her height.

Personality: Emily is a very comical person, according to herself. According to others; not so much. She can pull something out of any situation, although it doesn't usually work out. Simply put, most everything she says fits the "easier said than done" category. She has two close friends that she has known since she started Trainer School at five, Lily Pine and Sanya Lenatie (LEE-NAUGHTY). She doesn't really pay much attention to her surroundings, because she has a cocky side that makes her believe that she can always wedge herself into a tight situation, then squeeze herself out again, and occasionally dragging others into it as well.

Even though Emily is usually very agreeable, under some circumstances she would be the worst person to have a stand-off with. When her cocky side kicks in, she is harder to sway than a Groudon, so don't even THINK about trying. When she is with Lily and Sanya, she is very jokey and relaxed, but if alone or with strangers, she is less social, and more of a silent, shadow-slinking kind of person (and I don't mean Goth; I mean a kind of person who slips under the radar of most people because she's so timid.)

History: When she was five, her parents wanted her to become more social, so they sent her to Trainer School, which she stayed at until she was ten. Once she, Lily, and Sanya graduated, they all headed out on a Pokémon journey together, and have been ever since. They are currently traveling the Unova region and participating in Musicals and making movies in PokeStar studios.

Reason for traveling on S.S. Christine (Part of History): While in Nimbasa City, Emily learned that her great-grandmother was sick, so she, Lily, and Sanya headed to Canalave City to visit. After staying for a week, Lily and Sanya left on the first boat to Castelia City, which Emily didn't make it onto. She had to take the next ship , the S.S. Christine. And so her story as a Pokémon began! (I've always wanted to type that.)

Misc. Info: Do Pokémon wear contacts? Or glasses? (Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen any Pokémon wearing eyewear.)

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

(I didn't think you were closing sign ups already, it's now or never I suppose.)

Name: Lucas Serenes

Appearance: Lucas is about the height of an average 14 year-old. He has brown hair that goes an inch above his shoulders, large sky blue eyes, and somewhat pale skin. For clothes he usually wears a black t-shirt, black dress pants, black shoes and a long black scarf around his neck. Lucas also wears a pendant that contains a picture of himself and Riolu.

Personality: Lucas is your typical innocent individual. He's never one to knowingly do wrong and has a strong sense of justice. Although gentle and timid, he's willing to help those in need and stands up for what he believes in. He has a great deal of confidence in himself and believes the bonds he forms with others will help carry him through any situation. He hates being alone and likes to be around others, especially those he considers a friend.

Lucas can come across as naive and oblivious at times. He has an interest in myths and legends and studies them thoroughly if given the chance unless something more important is going on. When meeting new people he starts off friendly but can have trouble talking to them at first. He tends to put the well being of others over his own. Despite his shy nature, Lucas while often put himself in harms way to protect others.

History: Lucas was born in Snowpoint City but fell ill when he was two years old. Unable to get better in the cold climate, his parents were forced to move out of Snowpoint for the sake of their his health. They choose Floaroma Town as they felt it was an ideal place to raise their son.

Lucas was unsure about becoming a trainer growing up and was often bullied throughout his childhood. Inept at making friends with people, Lucas instead opted to spend his time playing with the Pokemon in the Eterna Forest near his hometown. On one such trip to the forest Lucas had found an injured Riolu and took it home so it could get medical help. It became clear that Riolu had been abandoned by a previous owner, a fact that disgusted Lucas. As Riolu recovered Lucas quickly became close friends with it and the bond they shared made the loneliness Lucas had felt for so long go away. After it was decided that Riolu could stay, Lucas asked him if he would go on a journey with him one night, to which he agreed.

After that night Lucas had decided to become a trainer, and as the years passed Lucas and Riolu traveled to various regions together, their most recent journey being in their own home region of Sinnoh. After competing in the Sinnoh League Competition they opted for the Unova region and boarded the S.S. Christine. Once the ship started to go down Lucas and Riolu had made their way onto a life boat. As the life boat fell into the whirlpool they held onto each other as best they could, but lost their grip and separated as Lucas blacked out. When Lucas came to not only was he alone and in a different form, but he also couldn't remember anything before the boat incident, not even Riolu.

(I don't know how you would feel about the character having a Pokemon with them during the boat incident, I meant to ask beforehand but I felt rushed.)
    Last edited by Andydemon; 10th January 2013 at 11:32 AM.

@Kelminrachi91 - I said in the post right above you that I'm not accepting any more sign ups. Fortunately for you though, I'm a very generous person and having you would make the player count be an even 12, so I'll accept it. As for eyewear, I guess Pokemon may have glasses but it wouldn't be as common.

@Andydemon - I wasn't expecting sign ups to end this early either, but alot of people got interested in this RP pretty quickly. As for your Pokemon, yes they could have been with you on the boat, but your Pokemon will not be with you when you wake up.

Both Emily and Lucas are Pending, Awaiting Quiz Results!

EDIT: Ashton, Jacques, and Lucas have been accepted as Eevee, Cranidos, and Zangoose respectively. Now just waiting for responces for quizs from Cipher and Keldminrachi, and then a Sign Up and quiz from deltakurumiru, then we're ready to go!
    Last edited by Billy Mays; 11th January 2013 at 2:38 AM.

Name: Harry Jones

Appearance: Harry was fairly big, standing in at 6 feet tall and weighing in at around 175 pounds. His skin is pale, with a scar over his right cheek from an old fight. His eyes are light blue in color, and his hair was messy, and a midnight black. His face was once an oval shape, and the rest of his face is proportional. The scar that is etched into his right cheek is three inches long, bisecting his right cheek.
    For clothing, Harry prefers to wear his gi around the place, not to flaunt, but because it’s very comfortable for him to wear a lot. The gi top is black, with strips of red down the sleeves. The gi pants are also black, with red stripes along the outside, so when his arms are hanging by his side, the lines continue in one straight path.

Personality: Harry tries to keep a very tough and manly air about him, but it often fades easily. He’s a very sensitive soul to others, almost to the point where he can’t sleep after either hurting someone badly, or just being a douche by mistake. He cares deeply for his friends, and often works himself to the bone to help them financially or stays up for hours on end to find a way to help them through emotional stress. His parents, and sometimes his friends, often try to tell him to think for himself a little more, but he often blows them off for trying to make him selfish.

Harry is very intelligent, passing his high school and a few of his college classes with high grades, but he never brought it to fruition after he skipped classes to talk to his friends, and it ended with him flunking out. He has a lot of emotional baggage as well, having watched a friend of his commit suicide and lose the love of his life not once, but twice. He has periods of intense depression that come and go randomly, almost at the roll of a die. During these periods, he lays on the ground, unable to summon the energy to lift his head and move, and just wishes for death.

He has a strong sense of respect and justice, and will very likely take responsibility for deeds that his friends or allies did that might have not been the best choice.

History: Harry Jones was born in Saffron City, Kanto, and lived there for most of his life. As a child, he was fairly active, more so than his psychic inclined sister Katie. He often went to the dojo gym next to the official Saffron gym, and liked to not only watch the sparring martial artists, but as he grew, to join as well. While he trained his body, his sister trained her mind, and the two often got into arguments. At the age of five, Harry began to work with a fellow student, named Angela, in the martial artist school. He flew in love, and for seven years, the two were never seen apart, a perfect budding couple. For Harry, it was the pinnacle of bliss, and for Angela, it was just as much bliss. However, what began the downhill slope for the two was around Harry’s twelfth birthday. His family left for the sunny continent of Sinnoh, and Harry was forced to leave Angela behind. He was heartbroken, and often mopped around until he was forced, by his family, to make new friends.

Everything began to turn fine. Snowpoint City wasn’t the worst place to live, it was a great place for Harry to further train his body in the cold, like his idol at the time Bruno. He ran up and down the hills, barefoot, shirtless, forcing his body to improve as much as he could. It wasn’t healthy, but Harry couldn’t care less, he wanted to be stronger. Eventually, he fell in love, around the age of 15, with another girl, named Renee. She was a very scared girl, as she was haunted by many Ghost types. Harry, despite not doing much, always made her feel safe, and the two dated for two years. One day, this went downhill when the ghosts that haunted Renee started to wreak havoc with her mind, forcing her into insanity. She wanted it to stop, but not even Harry’s strength and heart could save her. One day, Harry went to her house to bring her some flowers. She smiled the door, and lead Harry inside to the den. She sat him down, and started crying, but smiled. She whispered “I love you” before pulling a gun out. Harry yelled “No!” but was too slow. She pulled the trigger, and fell into his arms, dead. The blood from her wound spread along Harry’s arms, staining them red. He clutched her tightly, whispering into her ear to not leave him, to please be a joke. She gave no answer. Harry fell into depression again, and mopped for two more years before leaving to live on his own in Canalave City. He wanted to be as far south as he could get. He built his own dojo, and trained students, but was known for never smiling. Eventually, at the age of 21, he boarded the fated vessel S.S. Christine, on his way back to Kanto. However, right before he left, he got a message from Angela's parents. Angela had been murdered by her current boyfriend, and was found hung in his house, raped. Harry, at that moment, wanted to jump into the harbor, but hung onto that small piece inside of him to keep going. He almost celebrated the storm.

Misc. Info: Just a question. Would the scar along his cheek persit into pokemon form? Also, sorry if it seems depressing, I tried to tone it down. Also, now that I have read the rules more clearly, would my character still retain his periods of depression, even if he can't remember why he's depressed?
    Last edited by Delta Hunter; 11th January 2013 at 4:27 PM.
    Current Fan fiction projects:

The Heart of the Hunters a monster hunter fan fiction with with other ideas thrown in here and there.

Future Projects:

A MLP fan fiction in the works

A God Eater Burst fan fiction still in planning

Quote Originally Posted by deltakurumiru4 View Post
    Misc. Info: Just a question. Would the scar along his cheek persit into pokemon form? Also, sorry if it seems depressing, I tried to tone it down. Also, now that I have read the rules more clearly, would my character still retain his periods of depression, even if he can't remember why he's depressed?
    Something notible like a scar would likely still be there, unless he was a Pokemon with a hard shell or skin, like Geodude or Buldum. And since his depression is a major part of his personality he'd still be depressed, though he would have no idea why.

Anyway, Harry Jones is Pending, Awaiting Quiz Results! After all the quizs are in, I'll start working on getting the RP up! Can someone do a filler post after this post by the way, I'd appriciate it.

I guess I'll fulfil this filler. I can't wait to see what happens when we start.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

Signups are still open I hope? :P

Name: Luca Cameron Kyran

Appearance: Semi-long brown hair, brown eyes, and a slightly darker than normal skin.

Personality: Quiet and anti social, he rarely talks and keeps to himself. He spends most of the day looking at the snow through a window in his home, playing video games like Pokémon Conquest, New Super Mario Bros, and Sonic the Hedgehog. He also frequents the internet, and often goes to travel webs to find out the cheapest way to Humilau.

He is also intelligent, being able to identify the forme and type of a Pokémon by just looking at it's sillhouette. He also knows how P{okémon evolve, and what moves they learn. He is also good with mathematics, and logic.

History: Luca was a native to Humilau City in the Unova Region, but moved to Snowpoint City with his parents after a project to explore the Snowpoint Temple was started, and his father was asked to help in translating the ancient script. He often went to the Gym to see Candice beat Traineras trying to get the Icicle Badge, and enjoyed watching her beat the trainers. Luca rarely ever spoke to anyone however, and as such did not develop any special social skills, and would rather stay home and play video games or go on the internet. However he did have some socialities, in the form of the Gym Leader, Candice. Luca felt as if Candice was the elder sister he never had, and so did Candice. From this relationship, Luca developed a liking to Pokémon. Exclusively Ice Pokémon though.

Snowpoint City, was according to Luca, frozen paradise. Quiet, secluded, cold, snow, everything he wanted. However, he harbored a forming longing to return to Humilau, and see how it was. After five years of planning and money making, he planned to stay with his grandmother and Mienfoo in Humilau City, and get there with the SS Christine, stopping in Castelia, travelling to Black Forest, and then going to Humilau through the Marine Tube in Undella Town.

Misc. Info: None.

I have a question: When we turn into Pokemon, do we have the regular moves the pokemon would have at lv. 5?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Signups are still open I hope? :P

Name: Luca Cameron Kyran

Appearance: Semi-long brown hair, brown eyes, and a slightly darker than normal skin.

Personality: Quiet and anti social, he rarely talks and keeps to himself. He spends most of the day looking at the snow through a window in his home, playing video games like Pokémon Conquest, New Super Mario Bros, and Sonic the Hedgehog. He also frequents the internet, and often goes to travel webs to find out the cheapest way to Humilau.

He is also intelligent, being able to identify the forme and type of a Pokémon by just looking at it's sillhouette. He also knows how P{okémon evolve, and what moves they learn. He is also good with mathematics, and logic.

History: Luca was a native to Humilau City in the Unova Region, but moved to Snowpoint City with his parents after a project to explore the Snowpoint Temple was started, and his father was asked to help in translating the ancient script. He often went to the Gym to see Candice beat Traineras trying to get the Icicle Badge, and enjoyed watching her beat the trainers. Luca rarely ever spoke to anyone however, and as such did not develop any special social skills, and would rather stay home and play video games or go on the internet. However he did have some socialities, in the form of the Gym Leader, Candice. Luca felt as if Candice was the elder sister he never had, and so did Candice. From this relationship, Luca developed a liking to Pokémon. Exclusively Ice Pokémon though.

Snowpoint City, was according to Luca, frozen paradise. Quiet, secluded, cold, snow, everything he wanted. However, he harbored a forming longing to return to Humilau, and see how it was. After five years of planning and money making, he planned to stay with his grandmother and Mienfoo in Humilau City, and get there with the SS Christine, stopping in Castelia, travelling to Black Forest, and then going to Humilau through the Marine Tube in Undella Town.

Misc. Info: None.
    No, Sign Ups are NOT still open. *sigh* People need to learn to read before they post...Your character is Rejected, since Sign Ups are closed. Your personality is too short anyway.

@Elysian - Pretty much, yeah. When the RP starts everyone should add what moves they have on their first post. As for abilities, the characters will have all of their Pokemon's abilities rather than just one, like how it is in the Mystery Dungeon games. However you will NOT start with your Pokemon's hidden ability. I may have so that you can "unlock" your hidden ability through the course of the RP though.

I see.. will the movesets include Egg moves, Tutor moves and TM's too?

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    I see.. will the movesets include Egg moves, Tutor moves and TM's too?
    Egg moves are possible. I'd say that you can start with one Egg move of choice. Move Tutor moves and TMs however, no.

Ok so:
    Egg moves: Yes
    Tm's: No
    Tutors: No

That's pretty much it?
    Anyways, looking foreward to this starting.

I assume we might find Tms in dungeons though right?
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    Ok so:
    Egg moves: Yes
    Tm's: No
    Tutors: No

That's pretty much it?
    Anyways, looking foreward to this starting.
    Yes, you can start with Egg moves, but not Move Tutor or TM moves. TMs will be found in dungeons and can be a reward for missions (yes, there will be missions), and Move Tutor moves will probably be taught, like how they're supposed to be learned.

Alright, finally its time to start! But first thing's first, its time for the partner! As I've stated, I'll be playing most NPCs (though of course as they are NPCs so it is possible for you to control him but with limitations), I will have my own character who is basically the partner character, like in the Mystery Dungeon games.

Name: Saber the Axew

Appearance: Saber looks like a normal Axew, except that he wears a red scarf around his neck given to him by his late mother.

Personality: Saber is an adventurous Pokemon who often puts the well being of others over himself. He's well meaning in most of his attentions, but can occasionally can cause more problems than solve them. This because he sometimes hasty in his actions and acts before he thinks. Although he can be hesitant sometimes, he will stand up to almost anything. Although he won't admit it, he is fairly lonely due to him losing his mother and he doesn't have any true friends.

Saber's ultimate goal is to become a world reknowned explorer and help Pokemon whenever he can. Lucca, the Team Frontier Guildmaster, and his father are his main inspirations and Saber constantly strives to prove himself to them.

History: Saber was born in the town of Frontier. Both of his parents were explorers who met eachother exploring Mt. Magnus. His father, a Charizard named Ignis, was particularly famous explorer as he was a former memeber of Team Firefighters, a team consisting of him, an Infernape, and a Typhlosion. While they were away exploring Saber would be by himself, wishing he was strong enough to go with them.

One day though, while they were exploring together Saber's parents were ambushed and his mother sacrificed herself to save his father's life. Filled with grief over her loss, Ignis retired from being an explorer. Saber however, was more determined than ever to become a explorer to protect innocent Pokemon from danger.

Saber just recently became strong enough to join Team Frontier. Although he just a simple recruit right now, he is hoping to rise in rank sometime soon.

Misc. Info: N/A

I'll post the RP thread shortly.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...5#post15585625

RP Thread is up! Here are the characters and what Pokemon they are.

Toby Kasey-Dawson (SpyroxPikachu) - Ralts
    Cindy K. Black (VampirateMace) - Chickorita
    Aaron Miles (Elysian) - Sandshrew
    Mawill Stonemason (biggggg5) - Scyther
    Alex Morgan (gmoyes) - Magnemite
    Mason Inka (AperatureScience) - Duskull
    Ashton Stone (Cometstarlight) - Eevee
    Jacques de Caix d'Hervelois (goldensteambun) - Cranidos
    Lucas Serenes (Andydemon) - Oshawott
    Irelan Bracken (Cipher) - Zubat
    Harry Jones (deltakurumiru4) - Mienfoo
    Emily Green (Keldminrachi91) - Joltik

Can anyone still sign up? Or are sign ups closed?
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12