Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: That feeling when you see your first shiny pokemon

Cool That feeling when you see your first shiny pokemon

Everything I have to say is in my sig. I'm too speechless. I wasn't expecting this. On that normal day, I was just doing my routine of breeding for an Adamant Torchic. Getting a shiny Torchic, however, was the last thing I expected to happen. It's my first. I've been playing since RSE, and this REALLY is my first. When I saw the yellow body, and orange "hands", I screamed the "sh" word so loud, my friend asked me what's wrong, and...well I told him the rest.

So...what did you feel when you saw your first shiny?

Best. Glee. Episode. Ever: S2 Blame It on the Alcohol
    "Girl, what you drinking? Gonna let sink in
    Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can
    See what we can be if we press fast forward
    Just one more round and you’re down I know it"

3DS FC: 3110-4067-7812
    PSN: thebestdamnthang

Well. Unless it's that stupid red Gyrados, it's awesome to see your first Shiny. xD

I still haven't done it! Been breeding charmanders via MM for a while but still no luck - I bet it's really exciting tho. Can I ask, is it immediately obvious that it's shiny when it hatches? Or only on it's status screen?
    Pokemon White friend code: 5287 0257 7680

I have Japanese ditto with various natures, and can breed most things, PM me for details.

Also have pokerus infected pokemon, thanks PanOne!

It will show the shiny coloring of the Pokemon when it hatches. So yeah...as I was saying, when I saw the yellow body and orange hands, I immediately knew it. It's my first shiny! Anyways, good luck, Vivaea! Just remember: it can happen when you least expect it. At least that's what happened to me. Oh and no bragging intended, but MM wasn't used. I just did the classic pokemon+ditto=baby thing.

@Silver: Oh yeah. I forgot that. I never used it though on my SS. It felt overrated, I guess?

Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can

Shiny runner Articuno in Platinum. I almost dropped my DS in shock, then I let out a **** yeah throughout the empty house. Felt good.

Um... I think my first shiny was a Sandshrew... I was playing on a non-lit GBA in poor lighting. 'Gee, sandshrew sure looks green in this lighting...'

I was much more excited when I found my second shiny though.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Did you catch the Sandshrew, though?

Here for the weekend
    Thinking we can

No, I didn't realize it was special until the next one showed up, apparently it wasn't the lighting... >.<
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

^lol

My first shiny was a Sewaddle. I just saw it and thought, oh my god, I have to get this. So then I caught it, named it Glowworm and literally shrieked with happiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

My first shiny what's a ponyta lol

My first shiny was a Unown (M). Then followed by a shiny Smoochum hatched from the Odd Egg. And I was really happy of course.
    And then I never found any other shiny in all the Pokemon games I've played after that.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

My first shiny was a shiny Hoot-Hoot on SS. I was lucky too because it was the first encounter after I got the Pokeballs from Lyra.
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Well, the first shiny I have ever seen was something on Ruby but I thought it was a glitch D: So sad... it just got to run away.
    Shaymin is amazing!
    ~ ★

My first shiny was a tentacool on emerald thought it was a rare pokemon so I caught it. now my first reaction to shiny when I knew it was a shiny was a spoink on pokemon sapphire I remember I just ran around the room like an idiot XD

Since it was in the 3rd gen wherein I saw my first shiny, I was really surprised when I saw it and I was like something is not right about this. I actually thought it was a glitch but wow, was I wrong XD.

10 year old me: "Ooh, I didn't know Ponyta could be blue. Oh well, I'll catch one some other time" and I continued on my way to Veilstone City. Only shiny I've ever seen.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

I thought it was a bug.. But I still caught that yellow-ish Ledyba on Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
    I thought it was a bug.. But I still caught that yellow-ish Ledyba on Silver
    Yeah, I did wonder if it was a glitch too.

Oh, and I keep thinking Deerling is shiny when the season changes.
    Last edited by Shaylup; 8th January 2013 at 4:13 PM.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

Waited 10yrs to get a shiny Pokemon. Finally achieved my dream one day, only to find it was an Unown. The most unusable Pokemon in all of Pokemon. In the meme bad luck Brian got a shiny Bidoof, but at least he could've evolved it into the mighty shiny HM slave that is Bibarel......
    Last edited by Cloud_Arcanine; 8th January 2013 at 4:21 PM.

I saw my first shiny when I was little and playing LeafGreen. It was a shiny Bellsprout and I screamed internally because I knew what a shiny was at the time. I was so excited to show it off to my friends. Then the excitement quickly turned to despair when I went into my bag and found out I didn't have a single Pokeball....
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

It felt awesome when I saw and caught my first shiny who was a Graveler in Victory Road in Pokemon Red.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

when i saw my first one, i was like, "why is that poochyana gold?"
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I learned about shinies before I saw my first one so I didn't think it was a glitch. My first shiny was in Black, I was walking through Chargestone Cave and I found a shiny Joltik. I was like "Oh! I didn't expect this. But you're just a Pokemon with different colors. I'll make you faint instead" so I did.

wow... my first ever shiny? that was many gens ago to be honest I think it was a blue voltrob, I didn't know why it had a different colour but caught it anyway. When a shiny Nidorina appeared for me in Saffari Zone from Leaf Green I was soooo nervous but managed to catch her so I was thrilled about it! I started breeding for shinies through MM just recently and every time I get one I'm simply overwhelmed with joy, thats for sure
    . Pokemon Black FC : 2151 3135 7016

. Pokemon White 2 FC : 4814 6076 9041

. Pokemon Y FC : 3325 1707 2950
    | shiny pokemon caught (and bred) in Y : 36

Maddie's successful MM shinies in White 2
    . no shiny charm used .

Current shiny hunt: Torchic - 500+ eggs hatched

Spoiler:- MM results:

While I don't remember exactly what I thought, my first Shiny was a Growlithe in Gold. I actually found it before finding the Red Gyarados. I guess I caught it because it looked cool. Sadly, said Shiny Growlithe was lost when my Gold's Save Data was lost.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast