Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: That feeling when you see your first shiny pokemon

Ironically, I've only gotten two shinies ever, both in my Black2: lilipup and sunkern. Even though I'm not a huge fan of either of those, catching them was exhilirating and gave me an awesome feeling.

*Silver game, Pink Drowzee on route 34*
    *already caught a normal one*

"Uh... did my game just glitch up? ...I'll check later."

*kills it, pulls game out to check/clean it*

No one ever told me otherwise. It wasn't until old Red Gary that I learned shiny Pokémon were a thing, let alone how rare they were...

Except Gyarados, I feel luckly gifted!

Shiny Milotic in Emerald's battle pike. But, I wasn't allowed to catch it. It was disappointing to say the least.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Quote Originally Posted by (·-·)(o_O) View Post
    Well, the first shiny I have ever seen was something on Ruby but I thought it was a glitch D: So sad... it just got to run away.
    That's what I thought on my Fire Red. I was like 7, and I ran into a shiny Caterpie. I didn't know shines existed so I thought it was a glitch. I shut my game off in fear. Now I feel really stupid. The Butterfree That Got Away~
    ~Working on getting a sig~

my First was a shiny zubat it was green and with sparks i though
    so i throw my masterball at him, at now 8 years later i still have it.

Black 2 FC
    Reisha
    4084 4240 1032
    The giveaway ended the winner of the Keldeo was ZakRs1
    Another Keldeo giveaway is available in my shop.

all my trades are available in my Excalibur Trade shop.

My first shiny was a Starly very early on in Diamond. My heart never thumped so hard! Getting a first shiny is akin to getting a first kiss. It's a miraculous feeling mixed with the hope that you don't somehow screw up.

One day in B/W while looking for a ditto I just happen to find a shiny Clefairy.My first shiny....My mouth dropped open.I was speechless.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

--replays Crystal after about 5 years, runs into a shiny Graveler as the VERY FIRST pokemon--

"Do the Pokemon in the old games normally sparkle like that? Eh, whatever." --runs--

--encounters many more Graveler, all do not sparkle--

"...Crap"

My 3DS FC: 3351-4281-5654. Message me if you want to fight in Smash or something.

I got mine, a Pinsir, in the Bug Catching Contest in Silver quite some time ago.
    I took 2nd place in that contest.
    I wasn't happy.

Coincidentally, my only other shiny was a wild Geodude in SoulSilver...
    Haven't been on here since X&Y came out.
    The opposing Metagross used Giga Impact!

My first Shiny was a Duosion in White. Was going through Route NIne training up for Iris and I found it. I didn't waste any time. It stayed with me through the Gym and the Elite Four. I think I've still got it somewhere in a PC box....

In SoulSilver I was training my Eevee to evolve into Umbreon. 1000 or so RE's later...shiny Meowth.
    Sadly a Quick Attack killed it ;u;

My first shiny encounter was in Silver version on a school morning. I was just sitting in the living room roaming around outside of Mount Silver when I ran into a shiny Ponyta. I had gasped and stared at the GameBoy screen in shock (I might've ran into the kitchen to show my mom, she was directly across the room from me), and then I decided to weaken it to catch it. Then it fled. I was obviously pretty upset.

About ten years later, I'm in my room with my brothers watching something online, and I'm training in Mount Silver. I was walking around outside when I ran into a shiny Rapidash. I poisoned it, and just managed to catch it on its last turn. Then about several weeks later, I'm training in Victory Road on my Diamond version, and I run into a shiny Onix. But then I KO'd it... somehow. I did an overly-dramatic "NO" in the kitchen before I went about my normal business.

So it's safe to say that both times, I've gotten very excited and nervous. Chances are I'll continue to remain excited and nervous each time I do encounter a shiny.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I was mesmerized, and always feel that way, especially for a long awaited shiny that I've been hunting.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

My first shiny was when I was seven or eight. I was training my Treecko at Viridian Forest, I had just traded him from my Ruby (or Emerald? I forgot) game and I ran into a shiny Caterpie, I was shocked and surprised, but I didn't know it was extremely rare because I thought, "Oh, my sister got a shiny Nidorino a while ago, maybe it's rare but not THAT rare."

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Oh, I remember my first shiny encounter, shiny kricketune. I had played through Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, and FireRed and LeafGreen, and had never gotten a shiny no matter how many times I restarted the game (my best friend had a shiny wurmple and I thought you could get it if you reset often enough). I was just going through the area between Pastoria and the mansion on Diamond when kricketune showed up, and I freaked out. I was so happy to finally get my long-awaited shiny. At least it didn't turn out to be a freak occurence when I later got a shiny psyduck on Pearl, and a shiny graveller on Platinum (and so on).
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

My first shiny was a shiny Jigglypuff from the HG/SS Safari Zone. So my feelings were a brief rush of joy and happiness, followed by the haunting horror that I encountered it in the Safari Zone.

I caught it anyways, but it was terrifying. I threw a ball on turn 1, it broke out, and did nothing. I caught it on my second throw.

My first shiny was a Zigzagoon...lol wasn't that great. and I saw my first shiny for gen 5 in W2. It died in one hit from a pokemon 5 lvls weaker...i was upset
    3DS FC: 5086-1034-2659
    PM me if you want to add me.

Current obsession: Pokemon X

I thought it was a Tentacool that wanted to stand out in the world.

I was young and thought it was glitch. Skipped right past it.
    ~Fact of the Whenever~
    Life gives you lemons because a large portion of humanity wasn't thankful for the grapes it already had. Please treat all fruit with respect.

Bidoof was my first. My little sister let me borrow Pearl so I could play a game on it so I restarted it and went through the game just playing it normally. And then I was training my Turtwig on route 102 when I ran into a Bidoof-but it was different-it sparkled. I was playing it in the car on the way back from my Cousin's house and at the time I didn't know what a shiny was but I new that this "sparkling Bidoof" was rare. So I think "I'll weaken it with Turtiwg" and use Tackle. Too late I realize that my Turtwig was level 7 and the Bidoof was level 2 so I knocked it out. Wasn't that sad until I found out what shinies were a year or so later.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

My Shiny Card
    White BQ:
    Hunting: <-OR

Default Wayward Cave. . . . . NOT!

I KO'd Shiny Gyarados back in my Silver version, and I had to wait until SoulSilver to capture it.

The first shiny I got was Zubat, in Diamond, it popped up while I was mistakenly looking for a Gible in the wrong place and I just kept battling Zubats until the green one appeared!

ˇaɹewʇчбιu
    DeviantArt: http://csc-a7x.deviantart.com

My first shiny was a purple Pupitar(Now a beautiful Tyranitar) that appeared while I was exploring the route with poketransfer.I could'nt believe it.I also got pokerus on the same file.Sadly I lost it,but at least I still have my T-tar.^-^
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

I was in the can when I found a shiny Snubull in Silver. I almost dropped my GBC in disbelief. Good times..

I feel like jumping up and down, knowing I found something SUPER special! ^^ It fills me with glee once I catch one with a Poke ball and then save it. Brag Mode = Activated.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I don't remember my reaction exactly, but seeing a green Ekans in the original Silver version as a dumb kid, I probably thought it was a glitch at first.

I can tell you my reaction to shinies almost every other time, though:

[half-asleep while training]

*unfamiliar tinkling noise*

[opens a half-lidded eye]

"Hmm… Different color, yup. Wonder why…"

[eyes open wide in the realization that I'm an idiot]

"Hoo-hoo! It's a shiny!"

[runs to show everyone before I'd even caught the thing]

Good times. :P

Official claimer of Marathon 2: Durandal and the Marathon Marine
    "You Must Love M-Thon - It Kicks"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Name: Noel Soul Silver, White, and Y on 3DS Please PM for FC
    U.S.A. Eastern Time (GMT -5:00) Serebii.net Wi-Fi trades: 11
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast