Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: That feeling when you see your first shiny pokemon

Mine was Crobat <3

Saw it whilst training a Combusken for Dex data in Victory Road of SoulSilver. I freaked out when Combusken BRN it D: I thought I was doomed, but I caught it ^^ nya~

Besides that bellsprout, I've gotten one other shiny. I got a shiny Pidgey in Soul Silver. I was grinding my Vulpix at the time and seeing a shiny Pidgey was the last thing I expected. Luckily, I had Pokeballs with me and I caught it.
    After my horrible Bellsprout experience, I ALWAYS bring Pokeballs with me no matter where I go.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

I'm still waiting. Been playing Pokemon games since Emerald, but I've still not encountered a shiny Pokemon that's not the red Gyarados in the Lake of Rage. I don't even use repels all that often.

My first shiny pokemon was a shiny relicanth(blue), i was looking for a one to do the regis event.
    i was plaiyng pokemon emerald, and i accidentally caught rayquaza with ultra balls, and i used my master ball to catch the relicanth.

My first shiny pokemon was a poliwag that i fished in mt silver in pokemon gold for gameboy color maaaaaaany years ago!

My first was a shiny tentacool. I didn't catch it , my little brother did, with a masterball. >.<

Everything came from the water and the earth. Time for a new adventure.

Well, my first shiny pokemon was in my first pokemon game, FireRed. I was in Cinnibar Mansion, when i found a red ratticate. I was young, but my older cousins had trained me well in the knowledge of pokemon, so i caught it. *Time passes*Some time later I restarted the game profile so i could have a easier shot at beating the elite four with a different team.(to this day I have not beaten the kanto elite four) Now for my sisters tale. She was in some route in Emerald/Sapphire training her pokemon, and she encounters a shiny oddish. She FREAKS out, Weakens it and runs to the bag(mind you i think this was her first shiny), But there were no pokeballs. I think she was devastated.
    {Credit to TheSketchQueen}

Two awesome characters I created: Mitzy the female , and Espeon the Male . Both were created for the forum game, Pokemon Big Brother.

Espeon EX

I just stay speechless. I'm not a screaming type. Found my first while training in National Park, she's a shiny Pidgey, won't evolve her though.

Saaatoshi!

Well, my first and only shinny is the red gyarados. Well, I don't know how it feels to get your first shiny in the wild or through an egg. I hope it happens one day.

RAWK ON

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    I was in the can when I found a shiny Snubull in Silver. I almost dropped my GBC in disbelief. Good times..
    Hopefully you weren't about to drop it IN the can.

I remember the last shiny i caught being a Buneary on Black 2, about six or seven weeks ago. I immediately showed it to my sister, who got mad about the fact that she never captured a shiny, and this being my fifth shiny already. Not counting the Red Gyarados and shinies caught on roms. There was also this time i caught a shiny Geodude on Diamond while talking to my ex-girlfriend on the phone. I screamed my lungs out and she asked what the h**l was going on. When i explained i caught a shiny Geodude, an awkward silence interrupted our phone call...
    AFTER STARTING OUT AS A POKÉMON TRAINER IN 1998, I FINALLY COMPLETED THE POKÉDEX ON NOVEMBER 16TH IN THE YEAR 2014
    Playtime in Pokémon Y: 513 hours and 50 minutes.
    Pokémon seen: 718
    Pokémon caught: 718

Future team for Omega Ruby: Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert, Gorebyss, Dusclops, (event shiny) Metagross

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"' —Bowser, Super Paper Mario

Yeah, that time. Blue Elektrike (Emerald or Sapphire). Didn't realise it... I thought it was a temporary glitch in my boxes that made it blue.

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

In Emerald I remember seeing this Zubat that had like stars behind it but never really realized... I can't really remember but that's the only shiny I've ever seen. I didn't catch it cause I didn't even know what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysaries View Post
    Yeah, that time. Blue Elektrike (Emerald or Sapphire). Didn't realise it... I thought it was a temporary glitch in my boxes that made it blue.
    :O that was also my first encounter with a shiny! I didn't know the relevance back then, I still caught it, but that cart died long ago..

My first shiny whilst actually knowing how rare they are was a Raticate whilst EV training in SoulSilver - was doing it whilst watching TV and with the sound off, didn't see the sparkle and just as I was about to attack I noticed the belly colour looked slightly different - an amazing moment haha. Shinies are always exciting though, My most recent random encounter was Spinarak in a recent-ish playthrough of HeartGold, and even though it's basically useless I was the happiest person alive that evening!
    3DS FC 2165-6429-4026 Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras

Shiny crew:

Can't wait to transfer you all up!

I have yet to run into any shiny thats not an event one or one you get ingame there its just kinda handed to you. And i've been playing pokemon from the day it came out -then again RBY don't count] still waiting for my first one, hopefully it comes soon.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

my first shiny was an ariados in Platinum, I was just passing through some grass to get to the next town but then I actually was shocked and scared I would kill it so I threw a quick ball and caught it.

also when I went to SR for moltres in HG I found a shiny seaking in Mt. Silver on my way to it xD

I am fascinated with shiny pokemon, so at my first try MMing a Trapinch, on the seventh egg he was dark green. I seriously couldn't stop smiling. Then in platinum when i was chaining Budew, a stupid shiny bidoof broke my chain.. i can just see the irony. XD

Ah... I remember well... a golden poochyena, after playing red, silver, crystal, ruby, fire red I finally found one in my first shiny, I was amazed. And I captured it....

But one day, meanwhile my nephew was playing, he carelessly let the poor emerald cartridge fall into a pond...

Ever since I have never found a shiny again, and my emerald team, is the only one that I can't reconstruct.

I remember having a golden win gull which had green stripes I was like -.- No big deal probably a glitch It was in Pokémon Emerald :33

I remember back in the 3rd gen games, I thought shiny Pokemon were just a myth, even though one of my childhood friends said he caught/ran into a shiny exeggcute in leafgreen.

I didn't run into Shinies until either Pearl or Platinum. First shiny was a Snover, now an Abomasnow.

Then in my Heartgold, I caught a female shiny Donphan, appropriately nicknamed Glimmer (quite the powerhouse of my team), and then a Fearow. I also ran into a shiny Kriketune in the Bug-Catching Contest, but failed to catch it...(it sucks too, I might've gotten a better prize if I had caught it)
    Last edited by ~CallOfTheIndie~; 12th January 2013 at 1:46 AM.

I haven't had many shinies. I've only had a Raticate, a Zigzagoon/Linoone, and my Escavalier. I don't count the red Gyarados and the Gible that Benga gives you in Black 2, that feels like cheating. But my Raticate, I found her when I was in like.. second or third grade? I was over by the Miltank farm. I remember I didn't even notice the color at first, just that she sparkled, and I was like 'Oh gosh, I should catch that pokemon, it must be special!' I named her Copper and I think she's still on my old Silver cartridge, from when I traded her from Gold, but it was yeeaaars before I knew what a shiny was haha. I don't think I knew until I found that Zigzagoon on Sapphire, and then I thought to myself, 'This thing looks like Copper.. I'm gonna look it up.'
    So really the only one I was REALLY excited about was my Karrablast, because by then I finally knew what the hell a shiny Pokemon was. And then I trained it and it killed half of the trainers in the game and it was just.. so great :'D
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/o8t7cl.png[/IMG]
    3DS Friendcode: 2895-6496-6721
    Message me with yours!

I'm still not sure if it was shiny or not, but I'm almost positive I ran into a shiny gloom in silver a long time ago. I didn't look at it right away so I just caught the very end of the shine and was looking for something else so ran away out of habit. But it kept bothering me that there was something different about it that I didn't think about until I found out what shinies were much later. The first one I actually ever caught was a pidgey but I forget what game I caught it in. I ran into a shiny stunfisk early this afternoon and I'm pretty happy about it :c

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Brings back memories. I'd been hunting my first shiny in Ruby, back in 2003. Swablu was my goal, and I thought it would look really nice. On New Year's Eve, after at least a month of hunting in Route 114, I decided to give up. Figured I'd go to a different route and try for something different for a while. I ran back to Fallarbor town to grab my flyer, and on the last patch of grass heading to town I get a wild encounter.

I was playing on my GameBoy Player at the time, since running sound doesn't drain batteries when you aren't using batteries. Not really paying attention at first, then I look and see the pokemon coming onto the screen. It's a little golden Swablu. I jumped for joy inside my head and proceeded to False Swipe and then Ultra Ball it. When I caught him, I named him Shiny Head, renaming him the next morning as Swagold. When it evolved, I changed his name again, to Al Verde. He wound up being my first experiment in EV training, and I'm currently in the process of removing his EVs and retraining him to be better.

I had never been a big hunter, but I'd been playing for a while, so I knew what shiniest were. It was over the summer, before BW2, so I decided to start over my platinum. I was training under bicycle road, on my way to wayward cave as well, so as to catch a Gible. I ran into a machop, like I had done so many times before, but I heard the sparkle and saw the machop, and my brain just totally paused for a second when I realized the machop was green. I was in total disbelief. I did some light damage, and caught it. I still have that machop. (Well, now it's a machamp, and part of my team.)
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

The first shiny pokemon I ever caught was a purple spheal in sapphire. At the time I had no idea what shiny pokemon were, and I was secretly playing in the toilet under dim lighting. I didn't see the colour change due to the dark, but I did hear the tinkling sound and I got curious so I caught it. Then under better lighting I had a closer look at the spheal I caught and still didn't realise it's rarity, but thought it was pretty special anyway - I thought it was a glitched pokemon. I raised that spheal to level 100, and Walrein was one of the three pokemon that netted me a 69-streak win at the battle tower (altria and sableye were its teamates, which looking back now the whole team was a pretty weak mess for battle tower)

Sadly my beautiful sapphire team cannot be transferred to my W2 game due to my not having the dual slot ds and a gen 4 game. But one of these days I might snag a cheap console and game online and transfer my mons. I just hope the saved game file isn't corrupt or something, my GBA broke a long time ago.
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Biggest surprise ever when I caught that shiny Medititie at around snowpoint city! Then I captured a shiny geodude at around oreburgh city (at pokemon diamond)
    & I caught myself a shiny meditite again (at pokemon platinum) but it was a Modest nature!

Point is, No matter if it's first or second: The excitrement is just too much for me to handle
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast