Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    will there still be a region lock for the games ?
    3DS titles are region-locked, yes. But why does that matter now with a simultaneous release?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

will there still be a region lock for the games ?
    3DS is region locked, so yes.
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Quote Originally Posted by Copie View Post
    Yeah I didn't like the starters at all to be honest, not sure why people are loving them.

The legendaries looked nice. Particularly the bird. It seems the theme may be Earth and Sky? Or X / Y suggests boy / girl?
    Maybe they love them because it's an individual's opinion? XD I am all to excited for this, can't remember being so stoked for a Pokemon game for a long time now. Water starter makes sense and is well designed imo, wondered when we were gonna get more frogs! The grass starter looks nice as well October here we come!

Everything came from the water and the earth. Time for a new adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I imagine North America will get the release in March, unless GF decides to release them worldwide at the same time (I highly doubt that)
    they announced that that was what they where doing on the Nintendo direct. its coming out all at the same time in october.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotypical Nerd View Post
    I know it's a long shot, but the region will look like Paris, France like they did to Unova with NYC.
    That... was practically confirmed, though...
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Viewing the trailer on the eShop is awesome. Graphics look much better, not that it matters but still they're pretty smooth, the starters are awesome, and the game is probably too. Also the region is likely france, or west Europe at best, the regions architecture screams it, and Pikachu in the beginning standing on the Eiffel Tower is a bit of a giveaway.
    BLAH

These new Pokemon games took me by surprise. I thought it's gonna be a new game for the Wii U or something, but this is great. Yet I feel it's a little too early for a new generation because it's only been two years sinced Black and White came out. Anyway, this is gonna be a great year for Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    It appears so... and that mirror in the beginning... I hope there's a bit of customization.
    I know it's not confirmed. But oh well.
    I don't need massive amounts of customization, but having a few different outfits, hair designs, etc. would be nice. Just so you can be slightly different from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    Yet I feel it's a little too early for a new generation because it's only been two years sinced Black and White came out.
    It'll have been three by the time X and Y release.

-----
    Words to|live by

Pretty happy with everything but how many frog/toad pokemon do they want to make wow

Quote Originally Posted by kadabrium View Post
    Anyone else than me thinks the legendaries are based on Eikţyrnir(X) and Veđrfölnir(Y) of Norse mythology?

Although I cannot think of other similarities besides their looks.

And indeed there are many other birds like Hrćsvelgr or Víđófnir that might be similar.
    Maybe Víđófnir makes more sense since it is the symbol of resurrection and Eikţyrnir creation.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey.gold View Post
    Pretty happy with everything but how many frog/toad pokemon do they want to make wow
    Considering there are tons of different kinds of frog in the real world, I don't see what's the problem.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by slowkingsley View Post
    Also the tower in the video is most likely based off Tokyo Tower not the Eiffel Tower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Tower
    Pikachu's Sparks do come from Paris in the world shot.. It's should be the Eiffel tower. Both towers are very similar execpt one's got radio "masts" on it and the other has not.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

there was only one line of frogs till now, i feel frogs is still something new

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Pikachu's Sparks do come from Paris in the world shot.. It's should be the Eiffel tower. Both towers are very similar execpt one's got radio "masts" on it and the other has not.
    All the architecture in the region (what we've seen of it) is also much more resembling of Paris than Japan.

They're using foreign places now. Unova was New York, new region is probably France.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

including froakkie, there will only be 3 frog/toad evolutionary lines...
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

I'm glad to hear that the music used in the trailer (which is presumably going to be the title music) sounds fully orchestrated like Gen V's title themes. Of course, it doesn't sound nearly as ominous or as foreboding as B/W2's; it sounds a lot more dynamic and upbeat. Makes you think about what sort of musical style will dominate these games.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPumpkin View Post
    Just saying...

Attachment 7556
    OMGGG nooooo!

And if there is a Z version it may easily be Jörmungandr the serpent.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Viewing the trailer on the eShop is awesome. Graphics look much better, not that it matters but still they're pretty smooth, the starters are awesome, and the game is probably too. Also the region is likely france, or west Europe at best, the regions architecture screams it, and Pikachu in the beginning standing on the Eiffel Tower is a bit of a giveaway.
    I don't see it on Eshop, unless it's a different Eshop than mine.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

im expecting a big genwunners lash against the names X and Y.
    personally, i love it ! its cool

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I agree on the first three types, they seem logical, too bad that we already have two of those types covered multiple times, albeit two by legendary pokemon..
    - Grass/Dark: Shiftry and Cacturne
    - Fire/Psychic: Victini and Darmanitan Zen
    - Water/Fighting: Poliwrath and Keldeo
    It doesn't matter if we already have those typings or not. They are still capable of doing it if they wanted. I'm not jumping onto the train and saying that they will be. All I'm saying is that it doesn't matter AT ALL if those typings already exist as long as they can make new Pokemon out of them.

Try to keep a bit of an open mind on the subject, instead of tossing out the possibilities just because the typing has already been used.
    Male or Female? You just never know, and that's one of the greatest things about these two~

im expecting a big genwunners lash against the names X and Y.
    personally, i love it ! its cool
    You know that the extent to which they appear is directly proportional to the extent to which you talk about them, right? Just from you alone we're already going to be inundated.

-----
    Words to|live by

I feel so stupid for letting myself from getting excited over this. I was just blown away from watching the trailer I hoped that it would be in 3d. I expected an announcement and release time frame I did not expect in game footage the starters and the box cover legends. The legends look absolutely incredible especially the bird. I like all the starters I didn't like all the starters at first for Gen 5 didn't like snivy at first.
    50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

The Grass-starter looks like Oshawott...

Anyway, I'm just getting into the fifth generation (but not the sequel), and now here we are with Generation VI. Guess that's great news... I mean, they're having an entirely new look altogether, looks like we'll actually get to see the Pokémon fight like how they did it on Pokémon Stadium...

Still don't know what to say about this. I don't even have a 3DS to begin with due to how freakin' expensive it is, so chances are when I actually do get a 3DS to get both Black 2 and either X or Y, they'll have made a third installment (which it'll probably be Pokémon Z or something to that extent), or a new generation, which sounds likely... again.

To think the Pokémon species will be up in the 700s by the time the games come out... oh good Lord... it's so overwhelming...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041 LastLast