Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Well Reshiram was in Black for more of Story purposes and if you think about it even though Reshiram was the mascot of Black, the game more revolved around Zekrom
    And the same can happen here, but either game that I get it in, I'll get that first.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir DJ View Post
    I have a sad feeling the fire starter is just going to be a ninetales ripoff.
    As for the legends....I'm glad they are not dragons. But they both look kinda sinister.

Also roller blades FTW!
    I think the X one looks elegant and wise to me and it reminds me of Arceus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Wow, the sprites are finally over and done with :/ And this is acually the first gen in a while we've had withought the OP dragon concept.
    What if they are Dragons. The X one also reminds me of Dialga, who is a Dragon type.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotypical Nerd View Post
    My thoughts:

Pokemon featured in:
    I personally don't like the look of the starters. They look kinda weird. But, I will probably choose Chespin or Fennekin. (Maybe not use them like Pokemon B/W2?) Anyways, I think when they are fully evolved they will be these: Chespin: Grass/Fighting Fennekin: Fire/Psychic Froakie: Water/Ground(?) Also, the two legendaries(?) I do not like the look of :P

3dessness: The battles look good, but I don't like the overall moving. And the trainer for that matter.

Gyms: I think there will be a Fire type and a Bug type. I think those should be confirmed. The other Gym we saw looked either Normal or Psychic.

What I think is to happen: I know it's a long shot, but the region will look like Paris, France like they did to Unova with NYC. Also, I think Hidden Grottos make their return (Pikachu scene, not Paris one)
    Or the fire thing could be the league?

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

I think France is a great inspiration idea for the game, although I personally was hoping for something set in South America.

The stag legendary (assuming X?) does resemble the musketeer legendaries from BW.

If they are related, then perhaps the bird Y legendary is related to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres?
    Pearl Name: Scar, 0346-6864-7749
    SoulSilver Name: Alvaro, 3182-0859-8953
    Black Name: Alvaro, 1893-0656-1029

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    All the architecture in the region (what we've seen of it) is also much more resembling of Paris than Japan.

They're using foreign places now. Unova was New York, new region is probably France.
    Masuda has hinted this recently on Twitter. He chose to greet France in the New Year, his current twitter Avatar is him and the Eiffel tower https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda

I'd say that it's most likey going to be based on Paris. **** I've just creating Fake map art, haven't I?
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by darthscyther123 View Post
    The stag legendary (assuming X?) does resemble the musketeer legendaries from BW.

If they are related, then perhaps the bird Y legendary is related to Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres?
    that actually makes sense.

Would that make a ton of sense, to take one of the spotlight critters from the here and now and tie it in to a trio from seventeen years ago?

The one time they did introduce an actual "trio master", its three underlings were only a generation old.

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    that actually makes sense.
    No it doesn't.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    im expecting a big genwunners lash against the names X and Y.
    personally, i love it ! its cool
    There are already posts about it on the 9gag vote page (I know, ew 9gag blah blah blah)
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPumpkin View Post
    Just saying...

Attachment 7556
    Honestly, my first thought was Pachirisu when I first saw Chespin.

I have to say, I love the graphical style they're using for this.

Given that the games seem to be DNA themed, it wouldn't surprise me if Deoxys gets at least a mention.

Oh, that sounds like a pretty idea!

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

Just saw the news when i woke up. (Jaw drops)

So I was right about Gen 6 but was surprised they were going 3d style a-la Super Mario RPG. Although I always imagined it. But heck, it would make since for the 3DS.
    The names took me by surprise. X and Y? No more colors. It's definitely time for change.

The starters, meh. But the Legendaries...Damn. That Deer-like looking one quickly reminded me of a similar creature from an old anime movie i saw when I was younger. Can't remember the name of it but I remember someone cut its head off and it turned into a evil headless spirit or something..

Can't wait. 2013 is already shaping up to be a good year already. Lots of other good things happening right now.

Plus: Guess we don't really need a new 3D style Battle game for the Wii U now. Thought it still might be nice to see 'em all in full 1080 HD and their moves.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by Axel. View Post
    Both games will be released worldwide in October 2013. He said that in the livestream. They may not come out all in the same day but at least in the same month they will lol
    There's still time for them to change their minds. Although it never happened with a pokemon game, games have been delayed for different reasons in the past. If we do end up getting it in October as promised, that means just 1 year from the release of BW2.

I much prefer having it released in October, I can't wait to play. The graphics look awesome.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & ???

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by mario_fan View Post
    Froakie could be the Water/Fighting starter every one is expecting.
    What is Chespin supposed to be? Looks like a bunny with a shell thing on its head.
    Fennekit seems like it will be a fire/psychic
    I agree with Fennekin possibly being Fire/Psychic (based on the secondary move it used against Kirlia). And, sorry if this was already referenced in the discussion, but Chespin is supposed to be a hedgehog - based on its Japanese name, no?
    Pokemon X Team
    Spike / Carlita / Jackpot / Gildarts / Arya / Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    That Deer-like looking one quickly reminded me of a similar creature from an old anime movie i saw when I was younger. Can't remember the name of it but I remember someone cut its head off and it turned into a evil headless spirit or something.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Mononoke

-----
    Words to|live by

I think this Generation is based off of midwestern America and Native American culture.

-Chespin- Chestnut/ small american rodents (beaver, squirrel, chipmunk, etc.)
    -Fennekin- Red Fox (rich in Native American History)
    -Froakie- Frog/ Toad

Legends:
    Both the legends are based off animals prominent in Native American folklore: the Vulture and the Deer/ Elk
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Isn't that supposed to be Lugia though? Well it's never mentioned in the main games but it is in side games and the 2000 movie.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Just what types are the cover legendaries? I'm thinking the Y one might be something like Dark/Flying or Psychic/Flying and the X one... I'm less sure. They don't particularly look like typical Dragon types to me, though, and seeing as the past two main games have had Dragon covers... maybe time to break the pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post
    I think this Generation is based off of midwestern America and Native American culture.

-Froakie- Frog/ Toad

Legends:
    Both the legends are based off animals prominent in Native American folklore: the Vulture and the Deer/ Elk
    And where's the Eiffel Tower in America?

It's France.

Fennekin is a fennec fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Just what types are the cover legendaries? I'm thinking the Y one might be something like Dark/Flying or Psychic/Flying and the X one... I'm less sure. They don't particularly look like typical Dragon types to me, though, and seeing as the past two main games have had Dragon covers... maybe time to break the pattern?
    Time to break the pattern. It started since Emerald and it's really tired.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

This will be the first time that Kanto hasn't appeared in any game in a generation. There's no Kanto in either Gen 5 games.
    Pearl Name: Scar, 0346-6864-7749
    SoulSilver Name: Alvaro, 3182-0859-8953
    Black Name: Alvaro, 1893-0656-1029

This will be the first time that Kanto hasn't appeared in any game in a generation. There's no Kanto in either Gen 5 games.
    Thank God for that, we've all had enough of Kanto. At least I have.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by ysmr97 View Post

-Froakie- Frog/ Toad

Legends:
    \its definitely france, i doubt they would do another america

Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    Given that the games seem to be DNA themed, it wouldn't surprise me if Deoxys gets at least a mention.
    I don't think it's really DNA themed.
    More like the Three-Dimensional Space. X, Y, and Z.

Notice that X Legendary is land related (x-axis), while Y is sky related (y-axis).

.: Pumping it up for November!!! | Drawn by me, do not steal. :.
    ~ My Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Speculation & Wishlist ~

.: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Thank God for that, we've all had enough of Kanto.
    There couldn't be more truth in this statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    But what of the DNA symbols in the Japanese logos?

DNA helixes in the logos. It's your entire daily recommendation of double/triple meanings packed into two letters.

-----
    Words to|live by

I like what we got so far. I call dibs on the Fire Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Qarlf View Post
    Okay my bad. Now I know and I'll make sure to think before I post.
    Oh don't get butthurt about it.. -.- I just thought that you didn't know about chromosomes, so I explained it. I know I had a hard time with Biology back in highschool, so I just thought I'd say that I hope that you get it..

I find it interesting that the Grass starter is no longer a reptile.
    Me too.. But to a lesser extent, I'm kinda saddened that it looks like it may end up getting the same type as my second favorite pokemon: Shiftry

But that's basically because it showed Solarbeam and Night Slash/ShadowClaw in the Direct.

Quote Originally Posted by UnovaCastaway View Post
    Back in 1998/ 1999, Pokemon X was the preliminary Japanese title for the second movie. Wasn't there another thing named Pokemon X in the past 15 years? (and I'm not talking about XD)
    All mysterious pokemon that will appear in a movie, but aren't revealed yet, in merchandise are called Pokemon X as far as I've known.. Also, we had the Zoroark movie that was called Phantom Champion Z for a while..

Quote Originally Posted by Reshiram44 View Post
    Wow, the sprites are finally over and done with :/ And this is acually the first gen in a while we've had withought the OP dragon concept.
    No oldfashioned sprites make me a sad nostalgia panda.. Really sad..

The bird can still be a dragon if they wanted it to be.. But yeah, hopefully no more then 7 dragon types on box covers in a row (remakes not counted).. That's good.

Rayquaza to Kyurem was the reign of the dragon basically.. :S

Quote Originally Posted by iGotNoiPad View Post
    I am just hoping they change that psychic attacks can hit dark type Pokemon if that is true.
    Wait why!?! The Dark (and Steel-type) were invented just to make the life of Psychic-types harder because they were OP in GenI, and would still be today if it weren't for that. Ghost and Bug would be the only other counters.

Now that I think about it.. The immunity was necessary because there still weren't that many good Bugs/Steel/Darks/Ghosts in GenII.. Scizor being the best none-Dark-type Psychic-type counter.. And other counters being Tyranitar, and to an extent Skarmory and Steelix (because it's SpD isn't as good as its Def). Murkrow wasn't any good, Sneasel wasn't any good, Gengar wasn't any good and weak to Psychic eitherway, and Houndoom was mčh at best.. And then there was Misdreavus.. -.- Most Dark-types were mčh, so that immunity was almost a necessity in countering Psychic-types for them.

Now those types are widespread, so lifting the immunity could work, as long as it remains not very effective though..

Quote Originally Posted by mr_brightside View Post
    I like the sound of Fire/Psychic. Victini was a good start, but I think we need a larger presence of unusual typings. Froakie looks like he may be part Ice.
    [Edit] And I thought I saw Fennekin using a Psycic type attack in the trailer.
    Ahh.. Remember the days when we thought that Oshawott would turn out to be part Ice as well? xD

Grass/Fire-type for the win! Selfroasting nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Why on earth would they do that?
    Because the Psychic-type is more easily counterable these days, and back in GenII the Dark-type still sucked because it was pre-Physical/Special-split and most Dark-types were physically inclined? Sneasel? High Attack stat, but worthless with those stabs and dat SpAtt stat. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Better Stats.

Ninetales is barely average, and 2nd Stage Starters have better stats then most 2nd Stage Pokemon.
    Better stats but Blaze instead of Drought.. I know which ability I would take over some stats that can be overlooked when Drought gives you a way of diminishing Water effectivity, powers up your moves, and if your smart: Set up the rest of your team (Chlorophyll sweepers, Solar Power sweepers, Cherrim getting that boost).

Quote Originally Posted by slowkingsley View Post
    Also the tower in the video is most likely based off Tokyo Tower not the Eiffel Tower.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo_Tower
    Why?

But Pikachu is on the REAL Eiffel Tower in Paris when it shoots that Thunderbolt. It could be the Tokyo Tower, but the video speaks volumes to me. Why would Pikachu be standing on the real Eiffel Tower in France, if they were going to put the Tokyo Tower in the games? That makes no sense.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041 LastLast