Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Direct Discussion

Default Pokémon Direct Discussion

Hey guys

Just posting this to discuss the Pokémon Direct that's happening today to free up the news thread

US Stream: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/
    EU Stream: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nint...ct-698557.html
    Japan Stream: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/pokemon/di...108/index.html
    Australian Stream: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

I also will be live posting about it on the site, with screenshots and everything

Don't be spammy. This thread will be closed when we make specific forums for the reveals
    Last edited by bobandbill; 8th January 2013 at 9:57 AM.

So main 3DS games will be revealed in an hour's time. What is everyone expecting we'll get?

Footage? Logo? Titles?

So close my stomach is feeling bleh

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I feel completely and utterly miserable...why? I have to leave exactly 15 minutes before Direct starts. I'm...I'm gonna cry. Why did my court date have to be today? At least my boyfriend is going to watch it for me, and call to tell me exactly what it is, but I want to see with my own eyes! One hour and seven minutes by my clock.
    I will be on here very, very rarely. The account is not dead, per se, but I will not be on often. This has become a den of hatred, hostility, and anger. It is not the SPPF it was when I joined, and I really dislike coming here. To those of you who were nice to me and were my friend, thank you. Goodbye.
    3DS FC: 1950 7837 2016
    Name: Nicole
    Electric Friend Safari. Pokemon: Dedenne, Pikachu, Manectric
    Before you try to act superior to someone else on here, remember that no matter how much of an "internet cool-guy" you think you are, this is a Pokemon forum.

Logos and titles i think

pokemon i want for bw2: none

current bw2 pokemon team:

All stars gen pokemon team: 1st gen: , 2nd gen: , 3rd gen: , 4th gen: , 5th gen: 6th Gen:???

I would be completly estatic if they manage to show any footage if it is gen 6

Don't know if this means the news is aired ahead of any other time zones or not, but the Australian website claims that the footage will be aired at 9pm AEST, which is about 5 minutes from now. I don't know if this is true or not though seeing as the Japan footage is scheduled to air about an hour later? Any thoughts/clarification?

Also added in the australia stream: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect
    Don't know if this means the news is aired ahead of any other time zones, but the Australian website claims that the footage will be aired at 9pm AEST, which is about 5 minutes from now. I don't know if this is true or not though seeing as the Japan footage is scheduled to air about an hour later? Any thoughts/clarification?
    Maybe. Unless they think we all live in queensland which is an hour off iirc. =/

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Logo and template footage like all other first release videos of a new game showing off they system and style of the game as well as some characters and Pokemon. Definitely a logo or 2 will show up as well as a seasonal release range we will say either fall or winter.
    FC: 2638 1100 6658
    Safari: BUG , ,

Under normal circumstances, nothing but Titles and Logos.

In a post-Nintendo Direct world? In 2013? For a 10-minute direct? Well, we may get a developer interview.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Maybe Japan will get it earlier too. Australia is only two hours behind Japan and its 9.00 now.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    I would be completly estatic if they manage to show any footage if it is gen 6
    They really gonna have Iwatas talk for 8 minutes and just show logos for maybe 2 minutes?

1 more hour..

Milhouse: we are through the looking glass here folks...

Quote Originally Posted by y1y View Post
    Don't know if this means the news is aired ahead of any other time zones or not, but the Australian website claims that the footage will be aired at 9pm AEST, which is about 5 minutes from now. I don't know if this is true or not though seeing as the Japan footage is scheduled to air about an hour later? Any thoughts/clarification?
    They're right, NoAu are just idiots. It will air at 9pm AEST. However, the eastern states are currently using daylight savings time. 9pm AEST is 10pm AEDT. Nintendo seem to be working off GMT, but have neglected to take daylight savings into account.
    Last edited by O Fortuna; 8th January 2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

lets hope something mind blowing will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless123 View Post
    Maybe Japan will get it earlier too. Australia is only two hours behind Japan and its 9.00 now.
    Australia is two hours ahead, it's on at 10pm here.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Also added in the australia stream: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect
    Maybe. Unless they think we all live in queensland which is an hour off iirc. =/
    Queensland and Western Australia are an hour off, but it's strange considering Nintendo AU is located in Melbourne. But it'll be 10PM for us as usual most likely.

its daylight savings here in new zealand and we're 3 hours ahead of Japan, does that mean 11pm isn't the time its on here but 12am I have to wait to?

Its in 1 hour everybody. so nuff talk about time and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    They're right, NoA are just idiots. It will air at 9pm AEST. However, the eastern states are currently using daylight savings time. 9pm AEST is 10pm AEDT. Nintendo seem to be working off GMT, but have neglected to take daylight savings into account.
    My thoughts exactly. Seeing as its about 9:05 now here in Melbourne without any sign of the stream playing. Bah!

It should come on at exactly 8pm Japan time no matter where you live. So what ever it is should show up in less than an hour now. Pretty sure at this point it's all been recorded and will be aired and we won't have Iwata replying to bad chat comments.

The Europe & Australian Nintendo Direct sites have the classification for the games up, whatever the games are. Look under the stream:
    http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect
    http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com...direct/nal/?13

That means we should almost certainly get gameplay footage as there isn't a need to classify the game unless there is footage shown.

My body is ready. I take it all the directs are going to be the same except subtitles of your respective language for what Iwata is saying. Or is it something different? I'm not too familiar with these simultaneous worldwide directs.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

増田順一 ‏@Junichi_Masuda

1 hours left! あと1時間!!ドキドキしてきた!>1月8日(火)20時から、インターネット中継「Poké mon Direct」配信!「ポケモン」から、みんなへ最新情報をお伝えするよ!! #pokemon http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/important_announce/

translation

After 1 hour 1 hours left!! ! 've Been pounding! > Tuesday, January 08, from 20:00, delivery "Pokémon Direct" Internet relay! From "Pokemon",!! # Pokemon http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/important_announce/'ll tell you up-to-date information to everyone ...

Yeah, pretty sure given the nothingness it will be at 10pm. =p

Easy enough to wait for though.

Game classifications are extra promising, but let's face it a new gen has been on the cards for a while (see: the accelerated giving out of 5th gen event Pokemon already, closure of an anime season soon and a new one to start that's likely going to be a filler one, etc etc). But of course, let's just wait and see if it is a new gen and not just some surprise game (who knows, could be WiiU? Doubtful, but...)

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: Fan Art Reviews: toufu's Manga! Check out neat art of Golduck and Shinx, among others!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast