Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1002

Thread: Pokémon Direct Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Just what types are the cover legendaries? I'm thinking the Y one might be something like Dark/Flying or Psychic/Flying and the X one... I'm less sure. They don't particularly look like typical Dragon types to me, though, and seeing as the past two main games have had Dragon covers... maybe time to break the pattern?
    I also got strong Dark type vibes for Y. Both could be anything at this point, but I thought X seemed like a Psychic type.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

will you be able to transfer pokemon from gen 5?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

CHESPINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!

I`m chossing him as my starter this gen. reminds me of my first pokemon ever Oshawott. This should be an epic game.

THE DANCE OF YOUR LIFE #TEAMVAGETA

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

6th Gen Future Partner^

Quote Originally Posted by Wulava View Post
    I don't think it's really DNA themed.
    More like the Three-Dimensional Space. X, Y, and Z.

Notice that X Legendary is land related (x-axis), while Y is sky related (y-axis).
    Now this will sound stupid, but it could be the 2 axises. Rememver how the Y shaped one was in the sky? and the X was on the ground?
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

i suspect they would have started development on this as soon as they got the dev kit for 3ds. Time after bw would not be enough to get this level of 3d.

Chesepin is an awesome name, and an awesome pokemon. Also hints that its likely gonna get spikier evolutions, thanks to the pin suffix. If no one got his name its Chestnut and pin, like the ones that prick you on the outside of an actual chestnut.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Zero way for any of us to know this yet.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Okay, first of all, to the people already complaining about people who are giving dislikes already: There's never going to be 100%. As long as you all claim to have been Pokemon fans, you should know by now that not everyone is going to fangasm over every single thing that happens. That said I'll break my list into sections:

Pros
    -Finally a first 3D full badge-collecting game.
    -Pokemon are actually going to feel like creatures and not cut outs.

Cons
    -It's on the 3DS, of which I don't know anyone around here (my neighborhood/college campus) who has one.
    -The Pokemon STILL don't follow you around like in HeartGold/SoulSilver? There's no excuse for not having it this time, especially considering that the world is now 3D, and they have individual models for each Pokemon anyway.

Etc
    -X and Y? What happened? Did they run out of colors/metals/gems?
    -Why does the male protagonist resemble Black so much? The girl looks somewhat new, but the guy looks way too much like Black.
    -Chespin is my favorite of the three. In fact, this is the first time I preferred a grass starter.
    -I'm not getting this. I don't own a 3DS, and 3 games (Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Dragon Quest 7 remake, and one of these) are not enough to justify buying that thing. I'd need at least 10 solid games I'd want before getting a system.

DLBROOKS33

I think the skates are just the best thing ever. Hopefully we get some skate music like we had bike music. I guess my favorite starter is Fennekin because I have a soft spot for the canine pokemon. I guess it's all down to their evolutions. I really love tough and savage looking pokemon so we'll have to wait and see.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post

DNA helixes in the logos. It's your entire daily recommendation of double/triple meanings packed into two letters.
    Wow. I didn't notice that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    But I still think that it's also related to the 3D space too.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    How is anyone meant to be able to answer this? we've only known about the games for 2 and a half hours...
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

Thanks for the reminder.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Since we can actually see the sky for once in a main-series game, the day/night transitions are going to be spectacular. The graphics will really give the developers a chance to introduce much more atmospheric environments to enhance the gameplay ^^
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    I think the skates are just the best thing ever. Hopefully we get some skate music like we had bike music. I guess my favorite starter is Fennekin because I have a soft spot for the canine pokemon. I guess it's all down to their evolutions. I really love tough and savage looking pokemon so we'll have to wait and see.
    noooo the bicycle music was so irritating. from red to black 2 all were irritating. i hope the music doesn't change when u take the skates

Best Pokemon news ever!

I already know I'm getting the X version because that stag is gorgeous, and as with Tepig I decided on Fennekin the second I saw it. Vulpix/Ninetales has always been my favourite Pokemon, but I love Fennec Foxes and am delighted to have another burning vulpine to add to my collection!

Now they just need to reveal some new Eeveelutions and I'm going to have half my party decided.

As awesome as pokémon XY are, I'm starting to wonder whether to buy them or wait for the third installment to come out
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Koh View Post
    More like X and Y will match the theme of the story, just like how when they "ran out of colours" for BW it actually turned out that the titles matched the story and theme of the legendaries perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

-The Pokemon STILL don't follow you around like in HeartGold/SoulSilver? There's no excuse for not having it this time, especially considering that the world is now 3D, and they have individual models for each Pokemon anyway.
    There's plenty of excuse, as it was a novelty at best. It was fun, certainly, but why people still act like the fact that it hasn't shown up since is the omission of an absolutely essential element is puzzling, at best. That the game looks like it does now is even less reason to have it out there, as the 3DS no doubt has to do a lot of work to keep the overworld running smoothly. Why waste previous system resources on a novelty?

You're asking if they ran out of... the varied and largely unrelated titles they've used previously?

-I'm not getting this. I don't own a 3DS, and 3 games (Kingdom Hearts 3DS, Dragon Quest 7 remake, and one of these) are not enough to justify buying that thing. I'd need at least 10 solid games I'd want before getting a system.
    'kay.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

what new mechanics do you suspect will be in the games ? like bw introduced seasons ?

Alright I agree that it is the Eiffel Tower and the region is based on France/Europe.

As for the starters Chespin is based on a chestnut and a hedgehog /porcupine. Google images for chestnut and the inspiration behind this idea will make sense.
    Fennekin is based on a Fennec Fox.
    Froakie is obviously based on a frog but the English name isn't very helpful in distinguishing what type of frog, so I'm working to see if the Japanese name gives any clue.

Protect the King

No, since it was never stated that every Gen had to be named after a color/metal/gem. Hell, the mere fact that there are names from colors AND metals AND gems should prove that there really is no predetermined pattern.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    Why have I got the sound track to Jet Set Radio in my head?
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    As awesome as pokémon XY are, I'm starting to wonder whether to buy them or wait for the third installment to come out
    I don't think we can even speculate the introduction of a third version until we get our hands on the games and see if there's a third legendary to catch in the region which hints at the X and Y Pokemon being part of a trio rather than a duo.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I like how the legends don't seem to be as advanced looking as the DPPT ones or the BW/B2W2 ones.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

The france-theorists are correct! If you look closely in the beginning of the trailer, Pikachu is standing on the Eiffel Tower when he shoots his electric waves!
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041 LastLast