Page 72 of 597 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Ya one problem with your theory. Unless contests are coming back, Dawn is gone and for good reason too. That blasted penguin needs to stay gone.
    Contests could easily return. Especially since if we get 3rd generation remakes this generation contests will appear anyway. Piplup is popular and popularity = higher toy sales and higher ratings.

Being popular means nothing in the grand scheme of marketing. Piplup as popular as he was in Japan, still left and was replaced by Oshawott. Even if contest return that doesn't mean May or Dawn will be back to do them. It just means if the writers ever decide to treat their fans they have a valid reason to appear instead of just showing up to a battle tournament that doesn't advance their dreams at all. Which writer thought bringing Dawn back for a battle tournament that had nothing to do with Contest was a good idea? I want to know.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Popular means nothing in marketing? Are we watching the same show here? Really marketable Pokemon never evolve because their popular. Piplup still is hugely popular in Japan probably more so than Oshawott. Dawn returning is plausible that's all I really have left to say on this subject.

As long as no-one gets that ghastly eeveelution, then I'll be fine with most things in the X/Y anime..

Dawn isn't returning, at most a new character will get a Piplup if he's that popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Dawn isn't returning, at most a new character will get a Piplup if he's that popular.
    She could return you're not the writers you don't know. It's plausible. I'm not so narrow minded to speak in absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    She could return you're not the writers you don't know. It's plausible. I'm not so narrow minded to speak in absolutes.
    No I'm not a writer. What I said was a opinion not a fact. If you want to believe she has a chance to return, then go right ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    By the time the 6th gen starts Dawn will be a two-gen old character. Same with Piplup. No reason a 4th gen starter would get heavy promotion in the 6th gen.

Are you a younger fan of the anime who grew up with DP or something? Because if you're an older fan you should know good and well how this show works.

Yah, wish they'd pull a Brock with one of the girls and bring her back for one more series but alas.

Really wondering whats going to happen with Dento though, will he stay? Next series would be perfect for him, will see if they start replacing sidekick male characters now every series.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    By the time the 6th gen starts Dawn will be a two-gen old character. Same with Piplup. No reason a 4th gen starter would get heavy promotion in the 6th gen.

Are you a younger fan of the anime who grew up with DP or something? Because if you're an older fan you should know good and well how this show works.
    Piplup is a popular Pokemon. That's all I'm saying. It returning is plausible and it would be something new for this anime

Guys quit hating on terror. It's not a crime to like piplup, besides constantly talking about misty being so much better or cilan being in gen 6 is the same deal.

That being said we need the new girl to be either heavily involved in the plot or as unobtrusive as possible. iris was a failure in the happy medium department.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Guys quit hating on terror. It's not a crime to like piplup, besides constantly talking about misty being so much better or cilan being in gen 6 is the same deal.
    When was this ever brought up? I don't think it ever was...
    That being said we need the new girl to be either heavily involved in the plot or as unobtrusive as possible. iris was a failure in the happy medium department.
    I'd be okay with any of the new companions to be honest, I wouldn't care how they'd turn out. I'll like em in all due time.

As long as TR are not in the next series, that's all that matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    As long as TR are not in the next series, that's all that matters to me.
    Yeah, pretty much. I'm on the same page as Cyber on this one.

I don't see what the writers haven't tried with TRio at this point.

I'm going to miss them if they do leave, but it's really time they go to me.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 13th February 2013 at 3:22 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Can ash please do contests with gym battles! Honestly if he's rotating pokemon again in gen 6, contests would be a good way to show off his pokemon lacking the time... Also this could bring back good old "creative ash" who actually used his Brain...
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

I have to agree with Terror of Master. Constantly replacing characters in this show serves no purpose other than to discourage people from investing in characters when its already known from start how they will end up forever abandoned and unfinished after departure anyway, being deprived of stable continuity based cast.

It promotes uncreative writing too since writers don't have to think of new innovative ideas to keep things fresh and give more depth to someone story, with anime falling in slump which basically follows same old cliche formula at start of every new generation;"Ash leaves all pokemon beside Pikachu, he meets 2 new people, becomes friends and after few years they leave like they never mattered"rinse and repeat.

There is no progression, there is no build up on already existing friendship and development with pokemon suffering from poor and relatively simple plot since it changes cast way too often to allow for more structured storyline.

In my opinion instead of getting another set of new companions why not invest more in already established and successful characters , capitalizing on their popularity? That way we could have more continuity based cast, familiar faces we grew up would be taken forward in hew directions doing sequels to story, and it would bring boost to ratings too.

Such as continuation of Dawn contest journey, Misty advancing her goal of becoming water master building up on water team which left lot more to be desired, Max starting out journey getting starter etc?

I see people constantly saying how that's impossible, but when you think for second it really isn't. Writers constantly break patterns established in past to maintain people interest and add something new and fresh into anime.

Brock leaving cast, contests being gone, TR being involved in some big role reviving Giovanni, main character catching fully evolved pseudo legendary right of the bat are few out of many break patterns.

So its not so farfetched to expect previous traveling companions at some point being reused as well with purpose of reaching beyond target audience to help restore staggered popularity, to fill series with more continuity and stable cast. Give anime sense of stability, identity and create foundation for plot driven story along with bringing something new and unexpected to break monotony and set groundwork for everlasting popularity in long run.

Its enough to take look at hype return of Ash Charizard created, not being hard to figure how much of benefit above mentioned idea could bring if it ever sees light of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    No duh Sir Obvious...
    If you ask me as long Ash is main star with pokemon being treated like one entity, since previous older characters are connected with his character being part of pokemon history they will always have chance to return. Including both recently replaced but also long gone characters like Misty with original companions sooner or later getting some recognition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Can ash please do contests with gym battles! Honestly if he's rotating pokemon again in gen 6, contests would be a good way to show off his pokemon lacking the time... Also this could bring back good old "creative ash" who actually used his Brain...
    Hes been creative this region just like in all the others, start paying attention and no I'm not giving you examples, they got rid of the contests ingame and in the anime I hope we don't have them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Hes been creative this region just like in all the others, start paying attention and no I'm not giving you examples, they got rid of the contests ingame and in the anime I hope we don't have them again.
    Ash could have done musicals or some other stuff.

Ash could have done musicals or some other stuff.
    Atleast he could make his small pokemon do that and the big ones would get the battles.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    I have to agree with Terror of Master. Constantly replacing characters in this show serves no purpose other than to discourage people from investing in characters when its already known from start how they will end up forever abandoned and unfinished after departure anyway, being deprived of stable continuity based cast.

It promotes uncreative writing too since writers don't have to think of new innovative ideas to keep things fresh and give more depth to someone story, with anime falling in slump which basically follows same old cliche formula at start of every new generation;"Ash leaves all pokemon beside Pikachu, he meets 2 new people, becomes friends and after few years they leave like they never mattered"rinse and repeat.
    I must agree. Pokemon might be the only anime I've watched that actually discourages character attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post

There is no progression, there is no build up on already existing friendship and development with pokemon suffering from poor and relatively simple plot since it changes cast way too often to allow for more structured storyline.

In my opinion instead of getting another set of new companions why not invest more in already established and successful characters , capitalizing on their popularity? That way we could have more continuity based cast, familiar faces we grew up would be taken forward in hew directions doing sequels to story, and it would bring boost to ratings too.

Such as continuation of Dawn contest journey, Misty advancing her goal of becoming water master building up on water team which left lot more to be desired, Max starting out journey getting starter etc?

I see people constantly saying how that's impossible, but when you think for second it really isn't. Writers constantly break patterns established in past to maintain people interest and add something new and fresh into anime.

Brock leaving cast, contests being gone, TR being involved in some big role reviving Giovanni, main character catching fully evolved pseudo legendary right of the bat are few out of many break patterns.

So its not so farfetched to expect previous traveling companions at some point being reused as well with purpose of reaching beyond target audience to help restore staggered popularity, to fill series with more continuity and stable cast. Give anime sense of stability, identity and create foundation for plot driven story along with bringing something new and unexpected to break monotony and set groundwork for everlasting popularity in long run.

Its enough to take look at hype return of Ash Charizard created, not being hard to figure how much of benefit above mentioned idea could bring if it ever sees light of the day.

If you ask me as long Ash is main star with pokemon being treated like one entity, since previous older characters are connected with his character being part of pokemon history they will always have chance to return. Including both recently replaced but also long gone characters like Misty with original companions sooner or later getting some recognition.
    Lol TR has a story. Oh the comedy. They didn't have that till 15 years too late so ya, I don't really care folr them anymore. Especially if they go back to the same BS as before.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Atleast he could make his small pokemon do that and the big ones would get the battles.
    Exactly. Miju is more suited to show off than battle

Exactly. Miju is more suited to show off than battle
    Oshawott would of made a great contest Pokemon

I think Ash will probably catch all of the starters like he usually does. Obviously Game Freak tries to make the anime market the Pokemon as much as possible.
    My Pokemon teams!

Red:

Crystal:

Sapphire:

FireRed: (My first shiny!)

Emerald:

Diamond:

Platinum:

Heartgold:

And my best Pokemon team (Black & White Version) :
    All obtained by trading, training, and events.

White2:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness_Ninja_Sableye181 View Post
    I think Ash will probably catch all of the starters like he usually does. Obviously Game Freak tries to make the anime market the Pokemon as much as possible.
    I hope not, because one of them will get shafted with battles or evolutions due to marketability. (Eg: oshawott, totodile, [cyndaquil kind of] Ect Ect ) I feel like chespin and froakie will be the most marketable, honestly IMO I hope he gets chespin and fennekin, cause fennekin will probably be a powerhouse for his team *crosses fingers its not part fighting*. Chespin could be amazing if the personality is done right, cusw It can look badass as both a cutesy nice pokemon and also as a mean and aggressive pokemon. As for froakie, they should've just put palpitoad on hold for gen 6 starter... I'm sorry this is a bit opinionated but IMO froakie seems like a emo frog, probably to evolve into seismitoad 2.0....
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Page 72 of 597 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast