Page 83 of 597 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #2051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Personality-wise, there's a lot of ways for the characters to be different from each other. This girl could be shy or clumsy-none of the girls have been. May doubted herself at times, but she wasn't necessarily shy. Bonus points if this girl is a bit of a nerd.

    I wouldn't mind another coordinator girl, honestly. I always found that a cool concept.
    May was kinda clumsy XP
    But I like the idea of the new girl being a bit shy. Also a nerd type of girl could be interesting. I hope she has a brand new side quest though instead of being another coordinator or 1 type trainers like Iris and Misty are, it would be too stale for them to make yet another character for either category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  2. #2052
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    I'd prefer there being a newby male trailer picking his first Pkmn, and the older, smarter companion to be a nerdy girl. That would be good, ne?
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  3. #2053
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    The reason I don't think a researcher would work in the anime is you don't battle as much. All the femals had goals where battling was a main point in some case. This is why I don't the writers would ever put the female lead in that spot, nor should they anime wise.
    Yeah I agree. The idea of a female companion who is a researcher just doesn't sound right for this anime since she would be expected to battle a lot and that wouldn't suit her career choice. I mean she would probably be treated like she-who-must-not-be-named, and I know several people who would drag such a character. I think the writers should give us another May or Dawn. Someone who has a goal that involves battling and collecting things, a goal that isn't completely open-ended like Iris's goal of being a Dragon Master.

  4. #2054
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    I'd like if the new girl was or wasn't an rookie. It's just Satoshi is what I'm worrying about, I don't want him chucking a Poke Ball at any wild Pokemon he sees expecting it to be caught like he did against that Deerling at the beginning of BW. I want him to retain what he learned from BW. I'm okay with Pikachu losing the first battle or whatever, just don't make Satoshi lose what he learned. xD

    But, a researcher sounds good for a goal for the new girl to achieve.

  5. #2055
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I think he meant a character with the knowledge, but without any accomplishment. Iris managed to win a tournament with Drilbur/Excadrill in the past, so she wasn't a beginner. She already had some experience.

    I think that's what he wants: a knowledgeable beginner Trainer. Correct me if I'm wrong, Platinum fan.
    Something like this, yes. A knowledgeable beginner trainer to the point that knows all the basics of Pokemon junk but has never actually done it before. Iris already had two Pokemon at the start of BW and a lot of stuff happened with her off screen before the series began, hence the whole 99 victory thing. I also don't want her to be handled like Iris. No offense to Iris, I'm not trying to hate on her, the character itself was fine, but I was not a fan on how the writers handled her development so please don't do that again writers.

    To Ciccone, I agree I would want a May or Dawn situation again but not Contest themselves. Some kind of token collecting quest where her Pokemon can shine on there own. I don't care what the goal is, Pokeathlon, Some kind of combat Pokemon racing, or some insane Hunger Game battle royale Pokemon style, I don't care but give her something to do that involves training the Pokemon, because it seems the writers don't know how to handle a female unless she's doing something. And the Researcher thing just isn't that.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  6. #2056
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Iris already had two Pokemon at the start of BW and a lot of stuff happened with her off screen before the series began, hence the whole 99 victory thing. I also don't want her to be handled like Iris. No offense to Iris, I'm not trying to hate on her, the character itself was fine, but I was not a fan on how the writers handled her development so please don't do that again writers.
    So you hate it that Iris (GASP!) actually had a life before travelling with Ash, and doesn't exist solely to be his token female companion? How dare those writers do such a thing!

  7. #2057
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    I'd really love a shy clumsy new girl who is a beginning trainer, and goes into a side quest like contests
    That way its not centered around ash
    I didn't feel near as attached to iris than I did may or dawn, and misty since she was the first and there for so long I attached to her.
    I hope they go back to the coordinator path... Loved seeing the female develop


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  8. #2058
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,395

    Default

    "Shy clumsy girl" was how May started in early Hoenn. It's only later on May became more tomboyish and competent.

    I'm afraid they used all the female character tropes. Oh and the nerdy personality went to Max.

  9. #2059
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    So you hate it that Iris (GASP!) actually had a life before travelling with Ash, and doesn't exist solely to be his token female companion? How dare those writers do such a thing!
    I didn't say I hated that. And Iris doesn't exist solely to be the token female companion? What does Iris do that makes her less of a token female?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  10. #2060
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I didn't say I hated that. And Iris doesn't exist solely to be the token female companion? What does Iris do that makes her less of a token female?
    She has a personality that stands out, is not yet another coordinator, is not shoved in our faces with fanservice, etc.

  11. #2061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    "Shy clumsy girl" was how May started in early Hoenn. It's only later on May became more tomboyish and competent.

    I'm afraid they used all the female character tropes. Oh and the nerdy personality went to Max.
    But just because a character shares a few traits with another, it doesn't mean they can be portrayed differently. We could get a nerdy (or at least, very intelligent) character without the inexperience and insufferable attitude of Max, or the obsessive weirdness of Conway. They were both nerds, but were very different characters. (But I got to say, they they did look physically similar.) I really like these two characters, and I don't see why they can't make somewhat similar traits to another simply because 'someone else did it.'

  12. #2062
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    She has a personality that stands out, is not yet another coordinator, is not shoved in our faces with fanservice, etc.
    Really? I suppose if Iris's personality didn't remind me so much of Misty, I would agree. The coordinator thing, contest aren't in the series anymore so we're bound to get even more girls who are not coordinators as long as their off the show. So that excuse will grow weaker as the series progresses, just like Cilan replacing Brock was a big deal, but now that it's sunk in it doesn't feel all that big of a deal now.

    I have nothing against Iris personally but at the same time I don't think she's anything special.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  13. #2063
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I have nothing against Iris personally but at the same time I don't think she's anything special.
    If you remove the dragon backstory etc, I agree, her actual personality doesn't stand out that much. Its only when you include all the vine swinging, dragon stuff that she gets interesting.

    I guess its because Iris doesn't tend to be too prominent when the story isn't about her. She's not really used for comic relief much either besides whenever Axew is doing something.

  14. #2064
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    If you remove the dragon backstory etc, I agree, her actual personality doesn't stand out that much. Its only when you include all the vine swinging, dragon stuff that she gets interesting.

    I guess its because Iris doesn't tend to be too prominent when the story isn't about her. She's not really used for comic relief much either besides whenever Axew is doing something.
    Her personality just seems like a huge brat to me. Even Max didn't annoy me as much. Iris and Cilan seem to butt into things more(well in BW1)




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  15. #2065
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Really? I suppose if Iris's personality didn't remind me so much of Misty, I would agree. The coordinator thing, contest aren't in the series anymore so we're bound to get even more girls who are not coordinators as long as their off the show. So that excuse will grow weaker as the series progresses, just like Cilan replacing Brock was a big deal, but now that it's sunk in it doesn't feel all that big of a deal now.

    I have nothing against Iris personally but at the same time I don't think she's anything special.
    Iris does remind me of Misty, I agree, but at least she's not a complete copy/rehash/whatever.

    I feel the same about Cilan :P

  16. #2066
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Hey now hold on, Cilan is an everything Connoisseur, so it's not fair to exclude someone just because Cilan is already a connoisseur of that.
    True. But Iris worked so well because she often contradicted Cilan. So the new girl can just be incredibly shy to contrast against Cilan's eccentric personality.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They can't do another female rookie trainer. What can a new girl be like and not be a copy?
    As long as she's not a Type-Specialist or a Coordinator.

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'm afraid they used all the female character tropes. Oh and the nerdy personality went to Max.
    Max isn't a girl.

    Random : PokéRadar


  17. #2067
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,450

    Default

    The new girl can be an old maid who joins Ash because he reminds her of her youth. The new guy can be a stetreotypical japanese shy nerdy guy.

    Or even better Ash rides solo this time.

  18. #2068
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Although a slight issue with the New Girl wanting to be a Pokémon Professor would meld too much with Cilan's Science Connoisseur shtick. That means Ash would be the "dumb" one of the group again and I don't want that.

    Her goal can still be to become a Pokémon Professor but has no experience or knowledge. That way Ash is her mentor in Pokémon - Human interaction and the physical aspect of battling. Cilan can be her mentor in the basics, taking care of pokemon, and the facts of battling. That way they don't make Ash dumb again.

    Ash: Gyms
    Girl: n/a
    Cilan: Contests What????
    All: Tournaments

    seems fine. As for rivals, well.

    Ash
    1. Main Rival - Female Game Protagonist
    2. Secondary Rival - a Male PokéFrance Trainer
    3. Others - Type-Specialist

    Cilan
    1. Burgundy
    2. Jessie
    3. a Male PokéFrance Trainer
    Don't add Coord Jessie with a Connoiseur.

    Girl
    1. n/a
    I don't see any reason why Cilan would be a Coordinator in a region with Contests. I don't seee any relationship between Connoiseur and Coordinator witht he exception of the gimmick in one episode. Sorry, but it's more probable seeing again Dawn's Contests again than Cilan doing that. Cilan can stay but as a Pokemon Connoiseur. And remmeber, that we shoudln't expect three known characters in XY or they don't have characters to promote the games.

    I see:
    -Contests with a new character or Dawn.
    -Cilan a s a connoseiur.
    -Cilan + New girl's coordinator.
    -Anything of these.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 2nd March 2013 at 3:47 PM.

  19. #2069
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I don't see any reason why Cilan would be a Coordinator in a region with Contests. I don't seee any relationship between Connoiseur and Coordinator witht he exception of the gimmick in one episode. Sorry, but it's more probable seeing again Dawn's Contests again than Cilan doing that. Cilan can stay but as a Pokemon Connoiseur. And remmeber, that we shoudln't expect three known characters in XY or they don't have characters to promote the games.

    I see:
    -Contests with a new character or Dawn.
    -Cilan a s a connoseiur.
    -Cilan + New girl's coordinator.
    -Anything of these.
    I don't see the problem with Cilan becoming a Coordinator. He seemed quite interested in Dawn's quest and maybe him fighting against her inspired him. He could very well be both a Coordinator and a Connoisseur, while the girl takes whatever new role XY introduces to the games.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  20. #2070
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I see:
    -Contests with a new character or Dawn.
    -Cilan a s a connoseiur.
    -Cilan + New girl's coordinator.
    -Anything of these.
    OR.... We bring back may! Yay! May should stay! She could sit on hay! And play! All day!!
    K enough of my rhymes, but yeah I'd rather see may Harley and drew over dawn and zoey, especially since we saw dawn return and she hardly even did anything.
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  21. #2071
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    I don't see any reason why Cilan would be a Coordinator in a region with Contests. I don't seee any relationship between Connoiseur and Coordinator witht he exception of the gimmick in one episode. Sorry, but it's more probable seeing again Dawn's Contests again than Cilan doing that. Cilan can stay but as a Pokemon Connoiseur. And remmeber, that we shoudln't expect three known characters in XY or they don't have characters to promote the games.
    Cilan is a Pokémon Connoisseur also a Fishing Connoisseur, a Metro Connoisseur, and Detective Connoisseur. I odubt he'd have a problem about joining contests. Besides that helps him increase his Connoisseur skills. He already sparkles and is over the top. He's half-way there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    I don't see the problem with Cilan becoming a Coordinator. He seemed quite interested in Dawn's quest and maybe him fighting against her inspired him. He could very well be both a Coordinator and a Connoisseur, while the girl takes whatever new role XY introduces to the games.
    He was inspired to evolve.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Or even better Ash rides solo this time.
    How dull.

    Random : PokéRadar


  22. #2072
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    How dull.
    Agreed. Ash can't hold an episode by himself, let alone 100+.

  23. #2073
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,450

    Default

    You don't know that. Where's your proof that Ash being alone is bad? The only ep where that happened was episode 1 and it was anything but dull.

  24. #2074
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    You don't know that. Where's your proof that Ash being alone is bad? The only ep where that happened was episode 1 and it was anything but dull.
    That's when he was actually interesting.

  25. #2075
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    I don't think there needs to be proof, since it's an opinion. But, from where I stand, I wouldn't want him to travel alone.

Page 83 of 597 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •