Page 102 of 597 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Lol haven't you learned for the anime that this crap yet??
    I learned that there's no way to predict what's going to happen in a series.

I mean didn't we all think Best Wishes was going to be a nice series, until all the crap happened.

I mean look Snivy and Oshawott both didn't get crap in the league, which we all know was B.S. if only because the writers chose to neglect them.

In DP, at least Torterra got development in the form of evolving, Snivy and Oshawott got jack **** in all kinds of everything, well at least with Oshawott, he got new moves at least. Snivy got nothing, but a few wins, the last real notable one was in gym 5, but she did knock out a Cinccino, even if she was controlled by Iris.

But overall nothing.

In Johto Ash had all three starters, Cyndaquill got many gym wins, and Bayleef beat a Houndoom in the league. And then Cyndaquil came later

And in Kanto Charizard got all the glory for the most part, but Bulbasaur and Squirtle were kind of even (if only Bulbasaur is stronger and got more development), so Squirtle got the least amount of development, but did better than Bulbasaur against Drake.

My point is, it doesn't matter one bit, what happens, the writers, the producers, they are all going to screw it all up in some fashion, that can be a guarantee.

But I have no idea why that should prevent Ash from getting all 3 starters. Besides we have no idea what the grass, fire, water Pokemon are going to be like. Since I believe the 6th gen starters to be equally marketable, only Fennekin having more merchandise most likely. And I already said I'm fine with Ash's hypothetical Fennekin not evolving, hell I don't care if Ash's Fennekin is treated like Snivy, so long as it gets some wins.

But what I am looking for, is a badass Froakie. Like I said, my idea of Ash having all 3 starters, is what I would like to see those starters under Ash. Personality wise. Chespin and Froakie male, and Fennekin Female.

Chespin- A tinkerer, a problem solver, and a Pokemon under Ash known for innovation, the level headed, intelligent of the three.

Froakie- The awesome badass Froakie, that's initially used as comic relief, a small Pokemon biting off more that can chew, that fully evolves into the most awesome agile Pokemon Ash has ever had.

Fennekin- The lazy female Pokemon, that likes to curl up and take naps when out of her Poke ball, but has burning fiery passion would forced to fight, and can be one of Ash's most loyal of the three Pokemon, never leaving his side. Something like that.

I know the writers will never do that, they'll always screw it up. But quite frankly I would rather Starters get screwed over than regular Pokemon. Because despite being screwed over, they are STILL starter Pokemon at least they have that. Look at Torkoal, probably the least notable fire Pokemon Ash has ever had except being his only fire Pokemon that IS NOT a starter Pokemon, and that's not enough to change the fact that it's nothing to write home about.

I like all 3 6th gen starters, looking at it now, the anime has definitely caused me to dislike the 5th gen starters, and in 4th gen I didn't care for Piplup, and in 3rd generation Mudkip can crawl into a hole and die, 2nd gen I like all 3, and in Kanto, Bulbasaur can be ignored, and I wouldn't care.

But this is the first time in a long time that I really like all 3 starters equally, I will admit, Chespin was initially my least favorite, Fennekin being a favorite, and Froakie just looking like a badass, now it's kind of equalized.

And I hate that, because the writers could say no to Ash with all 3, and I want to see Ash with all 3. It has hype for when Ash got all 3 Unova Starters, and we can agree that's horrible.

But this isn't hype, this is about Ash having 3 starters that I really, really like. Depending on how their evolutions go, and types that could be involved, this could be the #1 generation in terms of starters for me. And that's why I hate that, there isn't just one that I can say no to, for being under Ash.

Now a lot of people only want Froakie, that's good, maybe it would finally evolve, but it's not enough for me.

So no, it has nothing to with learning anything about this anime, all I know is anime is going to screw over something. This is all about personal preference to me, and what I want to see under Ash.

I cannot think of any Grass, Fire, Water Pokemon that could be created that could compare to the three starters.

Personally to me, I feel as if more effort went into 6th generation starters than 5th gen starters. The way I look at it, 5th gen was miss for me with the Pokemon, I don't mind them, but they aren't really up there in my personal preference.

The three starters, Yveltal (especially), Xerneas, and even the awkward looking Slyveon gives me hope that what we're going to see is a generation with very colorful and likable Pokemon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I learned that there's no way to predict what's going to happen in a series.

I mean didn't we all think Best Wishes was going to be a nice series, until all the crap happened.

I mean look Snivy and Oshawott both didn't get crap in the league, which we all know was B.S. if only because the writers chose to neglect them.

In DP, at least Torterra got development in the form of evolving, Snivy and Oshawott got jack **** in all kinds of everything, well at least with Oshawott, he got new moves at least. Snivy got nothing, but a few wins, the last real notable one was in gym 5, but she did knock out a Cinccino, even if she was controlled by Iris.

But overall nothing.

In Johto Ash had all three starters, Cyndaquill got many gym wins, and Bayleef beat a Houndoom in the league. And then Cyndaquil came later

And in Kanto Charizard got all the glory for the most part, but Bulbasaur and Squirtle were kind of even (if only Bulbasaur is stronger and got more development), so Squirtle got the least amount of development, but did better than Bulbasaur against Drake.

My point is, it doesn't matter one bit, what happens, the writers, the producers, they are all going to screw it all up in some fashion, that can be a guarantee.

But I have no idea why that should prevent Ash from getting all 3 starters. Besides we have no idea what the grass, fire, water Pokemon are going to be like. Since I believe the 6th gen starters to be equally marketable, only Fennekin having more merchandise most likely. And I already said I'm fine with Ash's hypothetical Fennekin not evolving, hell I don't care if Ash's Fennekin is treated like Snivy, so long as it gets some wins.

But what I am looking for, is a badass Froakie. Like I said, my idea of Ash having all 3 starters, is what I would like to see those starters under Ash. Personality wise. Chespin and Froakie male, and Fennekin Female.

Chespin- A tinkerer, a problem solver, and a Pokemon under Ash known for innovation, the level headed, intelligent of the three.

Froakie- The awesome badass Froakie, that's initially used as comic relief, a small Pokemon biting off more that can chew, that fully evolves into the most awesome agile Pokemon Ash has ever had.

Fennekin- The lazy female Pokemon, that likes to curl up and take naps when out of her Poke ball, but has burning fiery passion would forced to fight, and can be one of Ash's most loyal of the three Pokemon, never leaving his side. Something like that.

I know the writers will never do that, they'll always screw it up. But quite frankly I would rather Starters get screwed over than regular Pokemon. Because despite being screwed over, they are STILL starter Pokemon at least they have that. Look at Torkoal, probably the least notable fire Pokemon Ash has ever had except being his only fire Pokemon that IS NOT a starter Pokemon, and that's not enough to change the fact that it's nothing to write home about.

I like all 3 6th gen starters, looking at it now, the anime has definitely caused me to dislike the 5th gen starters, and in 4th gen I didn't care for Piplup, and in 3rd generation Mudkip can crawl into a hole and die, 2nd gen I like all 3, and in Kanto, Bulbasaur can be ignored, and I wouldn't care.

But this is the first time in a long time that I really like all 3 starters equally, I will admit, Chespin was initially my least favorite, Fennekin being a favorite, and Froakie just looking like a badass, now it's kind of equalized.

And I hate that, because the writers could say no to Ash with all 3, and I want to see Ash with all 3. It has hype for when Ash got all 3 Unova Starters, and we can agree that's horrible.

But this isn't hype, this is about Ash having 3 starters that I really, really like. Depending on how their evolutions go, and types that could be involved, this could be the #1 generation in terms of starters for me. And that's why I hate that, there isn't just one that I can say no to, for being under Ash.

Now a lot of people only want Froakie, that's good, maybe it would finally evolve, but it's not enough for me.

So no, it has nothing to with learning anything about this anime, all I know is anime is going to screw over something. This is all about personal preference to me, and what I want to see under Ash.

I cannot think of any Grass, Fire, Water Pokemon that could be created that could compare to the three starters.

Personally to me, I feel as if more effort went into 6th generation starters than 5th gen starters. The way I look at it, 5th gen was miss for me with the Pokemon, I don't mind them, but they aren't really up there in my personal preference.

The three starters, Yveltal (especially), Xerneas, and even the awkward looking Slyveon gives me hope that what we're going to see is a generation with very colorful and likable Pokemon.
    So you would rather have 1 to two ****ed over starters not to mention his other pokemon, just so he get's all three?? I'm sorry but I don't see the point. You are still gonna have at least two if not all three on the main cast so I don't see the difference.

I would much rather 1 starter so there is actually a chance most of Ash's other pokes won't be screwed over, instead of all of them being screwed over except for Pikachu and which ever starter rains supreme.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

the only things that i want are
    ash being a combination of ag and dp
    ash getting froakie new girl gets chespin rival gets the fire type
    ash not rotating his pokemon
    the rival having travelled and competed in leagues but treats his pokemon nice
    the new girl having a side quest so that she wont get the same story like misty and iris

So you would rather have 1 to two ****ed over starters not to mention his other pokemon, just so he get's all three?? I'm sorry but I don't see the point. You are still gonna have at least two if not all three on the main cast so I don't see the difference.

I would much rather 1 starter so there is actually a chance most of Ash's other pokes won't be screwed over, instead of all of them being screwed over except for Pikachu and which ever starter rains supreme.
    What part of, it doesn't matter how many starters Ash has, someone is getting screwed over in some fashion, do you not understand?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

What part of, it doesn't matter how many starters Ash has, someone is getting screwed over in some fashion, do you not understand?
    Ya but if it's like Hoenn, at least his main team is even for the most part. Sure Torkoal didn't get much but at least no one got Palpitoaded.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Ya but if it's like Hoenn, at least his main team is even for the most part. Sure Torkoal didn't get much but at least no one got Palpitoaded.
    I fail to see the correlation between Ash having all three starters automatically means that one starter and Pikachu are overused while the rest of the team suffers.

And one instance of Ash having one starter where only one Pokemon got screwed over.

Each instance was written differently which is one of my main points.

I fail to see how non starters get treated better than starters, when Ash has to rely on non starters as opposed to having more than one starter. Even if it's happened, it still doesn't make any sense. Except Torkoal, Torkoal is the oddity that goes against the supposed logic.

Besides Ash only had 5 Pokemon in Hoenn, it was fairly battle oriented, every Pokemon could get some kind of win. Which hey, everyone of Ash's Unova Pokemon got a win at some point in time.

I fail to see the correlation between Ash having all three starters automatically means that one starter and Pikachu are overused while the rest of the team suffers.

And one instance of Ash having one starter where only one Pokemon got screwed over.

Each instance was written differently which is one of my main points.

I fail to see how non starters get treated better than starters, when Ash has to rely on non starters as opposed to having more than one starter. Even if it's happened, it still doesn't make any sense. Except Torkoal, Torkoal is the oddity that goes against the supposed logic.

Besides Ash only had 5 Pokemon in Hoenn, it was fairly battle oriented, every Pokemon could get some kind of win. Which hey, everyone of Ash's Unova Pokemon got a win at some point in time.
    Say Ash does rotation again, if he only has one starter compared to three, that opens another 4 spaces since they feel the starters can't be rotated.

Now imagine if we had this in Kanto. Pikachu and Mijumaru/Pignite being the perms while the rest were actually rotated, sounds better doesn't it??

Ya but no one sat around for 30 episodes without showing up, that's my point.

The point I'm trying to make is that if Ash does decide to rotate again, having three starters is a death sentence.

Say Ash does rotation again, if he only has one starter compared to three, that opens another 4 spaces since they feel the starters can't be rotated.

Now imagine if we had this in Kanto. Pikachu and Mijumaru/Pignite being the perms while the rest were actually rotated, sounds better doesn't it??

Ya but no one sat around for 30 episodes without showing up, that's my point.

The point I'm trying to make is that if Ash does decide to rotate again, having three starters is a death sentence.
    Until the writers understand the concept of rotation, and the stories that can be written with said concept.

It's going to be a death sentence, regardless of how many starters Ash has. Again I fail to see how everything would work if Ash had less starters.

And besides what's wrong with Froakie being the main Pokemon while Chespin and Fennekin don't get very much, it's not like Froakie looks like a Pokemon that's going to come out of the Poke ball like Oshawott, the only starter that fits that is possibly Chespin, but that would go against my want personality for it.

I think honestly no one can decide what Ash should get when we only know about 6 Pokemon 2 of which legendaries, 1 is a eeveelution, and the other 3 are starters.

What if YOU don't like any of the extra Grass, Water, Fire Pokemon (well less than the starters), is a miss Pokemon really what you want on Ash's team, to compensate him not having the corresponding starter.

Think of the worst Grass/Fire/Water Pokemon (including it's evolution that you equally dislike), replace it with one of Ash's starter that corresponds with type.

Would you have been okay with that choice?

Until the writers understand the concept of rotation, and the stories that can be written with said concept.

It's going to be a death sentence, regardless of how many starters Ash has. Again I fail to see how everything would work if Ash had less starters.

And besides what's wrong with Froakie being the main Pokemon while Chespin and Fennekin don't get very much, it's not like Froakie looks like a Pokemon that's going to come out of the Poke ball like Oshawott, the only starter that fits that is possibly Chespin, but that would go against my want personality for it.

I think honestly no one can decide what Ash should get when we only know about 6 Pokemon 2 of which legendaries, 1 is a eeveelution, and the other 3 are starters.

What if YOU don't like any of the extra Grass, Water, Fire Pokemon (well less than the starters), is a miss Pokemon really what you want on Ash's team, to compensate him not having the corresponding starter.

Think of the worst Grass/Fire/Water Pokemon (including it's evolution that you equally dislike), replace it with one of Ash's starter that corresponds with type.

Would you have been okay with that choice?
    Actually it wouldn't. Again if Ash only has Pikachu and the starter that are marketable, the rest can actually be rotated and don't have to stay on the team 24/7. That's what was wrong with rotation this region, 4 of Ash's pokemon where never roated(5 if you count Scraggy).

The anime has changed my opinion on many pokemon. If a pokemon comes onto the team is treated fairly decently and made interesting, I would be absolutely fine with it.

I hated Stunfisk and Roggenrola, and because they gave Stunfisk something unique and made Boldore fairly diverse, I quite like them now.

i wish ash got his ag treatment and dp competent
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I hope the new rival isn't a Gary, Trip or Paul clone. I don't know what kind of rival I want lol :x

They could also pull a Hoenn and not give Ash a recurring rival.
    This is pokemon. Ofcourse they'll give him a rival. But you don't know what kind of rival he will get because you can't see the future. As far as Hoenn goes, most actually wanted Ash to have a rival back then so just because you think Gary and the others are clones(which they are not), then maybe you'll have a better time enjoying the series and the characters atleast a little.

As far as this whole starters argument above goes, I would like it if they would give him other types instead of the usual.

Fighting- could be like the firey type of the group.
    Ice- Could be like the substitute for water in some ways. Maybe it could be a sassy female.
    steel- lovable, and the powerhouse of the three at first.

After that I'm thinking maybe ghost or dragon and maybe a psychic pokemon as the others. Now that would be unpredictable.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 29th March 2013 at 11:08 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

I would really love to have a Intellectual Rival! Something like the Xernas guy from the fake scan!

I really hope for a more interactive generation! More working out with Ash's Pokes and some 2ndary goal for the male or female companion!

And don't give Ash more than 7-8 pokes. Pika, Froakie, Fennekin or a fire bird, Psycho type, a non-starter grass type, Ice type, dragon type or an Ice dragon!?
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Just kick Ash out of the anime, anime creators! Or at least make him more intelligent. Either way, the current Ash sucks. Why not make an anime in the style of that EPIC BW 2 trailer?
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by ThePurpleOne View Post
    Why not make an anime in the style of that EPIC BW 2 trailer?
    That would hurt the continuity of the plot.

Just kick Ash out of the anime, anime creators! Or at least make him more intelligent. Either way, the current Ash sucks. Why not make an anime in the style of that EPIC BW 2 trailer?
    That would only be a possibilty if Ash won the league! Cause that is our master goal! But nope they even put Ash back in the outcome of the League.
    The writers got lazy and don't really invest into the anime as they were before.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

If we do get a secondary quest again, I actually hope it's not that battle oriented. Yes battle elements need to be included but I wouldn't mind a competitive quest that does not require Pokemon to kill each other in battle. That's what Gyms are for. Really give me something new besides two or four Pokemon battling each other. Pokemon racing, Pokemon sports, something from the Pokeathlon that goes on it's own. Platinum fan is ready for something new, and Pokemon Battles alone are starting to bore me.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

What if there's a twist, and the female girl turns out to be a rival...that travels together with Ash?

Quote Originally Posted by Azimuth1011 View Post
    That would hurt the continuity of the plot.
    But I'm okay with this.

If they start over, they'll just make an exact replica of Ash. A young, not so smart trainer that's super nice to his Pokemon. At least Ash has improved since the beginning (I don't care what anybody says, even if Ash resets he still keeps his knowledge and stuff, otherwise he wouldn't even get to the league)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    What if there's a twist, and the female girl turns out to be a rival...that travels together with Ash?

But I'm okay with this.
    How would that work exactly, with the rival on the main cast? So we sit through the Gym Leader being battled up to four times at the most in case girl and Ash both lose and need rematches. The amount of whining there would be if the girl beats the Gym Leader that gives Ash so much trouble, I'm not trying to betlittle the idea because it sounds like a nice twist and again, we are long overdue for a female doing Gyms, but it would probably end up being a mess. It's to bad Bianca didn't do Gyms onscreen...and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    How would that work exactly, with the rival on the main cast? So we sit through the Gym Leader being battled up to four times at the most in case girl and Ash both lose and need rematches. The amount of whining there would be if the girl beats the Gym Leader that gives Ash so much trouble, I'm not trying to betlittle the idea because it sounds like a nice twist and again, we are long overdue for a female doing Gyms, but it would probably end up being a mess. It's to bad Bianca didn't do Gyms onscreen...and win.
    Maybe have the girl sneak out early morning and have the Gym Battles off-screen.

Ooh, or maybe she hides the fact that she's been collecting badges behind Ash's back.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Maybe have the girl sneak out early morning and have the Gym Battles off-screen.

Ooh, or maybe she hides the fact that she's been collecting badges behind Ash's back.
    I will admit, if the girl on the main cast did Gym Battles and they are off-screen you might as well not do them at all. I will feel cheated and not be able to get behind this character if all her achievements I don't even see. Between the two of them, I'd rather Ash's be off-screen if any of them. I've seen 4 regions worth of his battles. I could easily take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    A rival in the group really wouldn't work because you would have almost the same gyms since they both would do them. This would happen if his rivals was a girl as well. I rather his rival be away from the cast so that we would get a chance to miss her in order to some back. Not make her bore us to death. Imagine Paul with his persona, on the main cast 24/7. That would be road kill.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Imagine Paul with his persona, on the main cast 24/7. That would be road kill.
    That's a very tempting idea for a fan fiction, I give you that. Also, I'd like to see somebody as agro be such a buzzkill...without being a rival, I presume.

But yes, I think my idea wouldn't happen.

So as for another crazy idea, a bromance! The trio is all guys and the rival is the girl.

The anime needs a brand new side quest to make it feel fresh again imo. Something not so battle oriented, like Platinum fan said. It would just bore me again if we get the same things we've gotten already, like contests or having no side quests. Too bad there wasn't a Team Plasma side quest throughout the entire BW series, I would have loved to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    The first thing I thought when the starters showed up was "so which of these are going to be caught by Ash?" and I'm particularly excited by having a mammalian grass-type after so many reptiles. I like all three.
    I'm gonna bet he'll cacth all 3 or at least Fennekin and Chespin or Froakie

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    The anime needs a brand new side quest to make it feel fresh again imo. Something not so battle oriented, like Platinum fan said. It would just bore me again if we get the same things we've gotten already, like contests or having no side quests. Too bad there wasn't a Team Plasma side quest throughout the entire BW series, I would have loved to see that.
    Well, at least we get episode N series...but yeah, I agree...I got really annoied they didn't intergrate it into the series like with Glactic
    Last edited by Liz Azzimagica; 30th March 2013 at 7:47 PM.
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Page 102 of 597 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast