Page 104 of 597 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #2576
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In the Dutch Mountains
    Posts
    8,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Why not comedy relief rivals? They bring humour to dull battles and the anime would be boring without them.
    Because Morrison brought a ton of humor, yes? Worst full battle to date. Not to mention Cameron, which may have been an even worse 'full battle'.. -.-

    Characters like Georgia I can stand, they actually have a comic side and serve a purpose. Characters like Burgundy, I don't see the purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Only by sheer coincidence.

    The first time was the first series, and we all know why they all didn't evolve, because Ash wasn't supposed to be overpowered. I mean we got a disobedient Charizard out of the deal.

    The 2nd time, was the 2nd generation, where Ash's entire team for the most part was handled horribly, and I feel like Chikorita only evolved just so Ash could have one of his Pokemon evolve.

    And this last time, which is 5th generation, which still going isn't entirely set in stone, but to explain that the only reason why Tepig evolved was because it was the least marketable, and because the writers are idiots.

    I feel if Ash gets all three, I'm pretty sure two of them will evolve if not three, there's no reason for any of them not to, as none of them that can really be prohibited by marketability (but I can't fully argue that until we see their evolved forms). Who knows maybe this generation, maybe their final evolutions will be far more popular than their base forms, who knows.

    One of them might not evolve, because of some ridiculous notion that says not all them should evolve.

    But if that's the case, why not have a frequent recurring character have one of the non evolved forms and let Ash's evolve.

    Or do something strange, and have Ash share Pokemon with his traveling companions so Ash's Pokemon can evolve.
    Sorry, but you're mentioning at least two reasons contradicting your argument:
    - I feel if Ash gets all three, I'm pretty sure two of them will evolve if not three, there's no reason for any of them not to, as none of them that can really be prohibited by marketability.

    1. "I feel" = opinion to which you are entitled to, but is just that.
    2. Fennekin is extremely cute, hence marketable. Chespin is just like Oshawott, hence marketable. Froakie is an oddball, therefore could be marketable (see Stunfisk). So all could be hindered by their 'marketing value'. Judging by that, none of them would evolve!

    The second bolded notion is something that has been attempted in DP and BW. Most notably Chimchar, Buizel and (though wild and not a starter) SG Sandile/Krokorok. Not to mention purposely done backwards in DP: Dawn with Piplup, Kenny with Prinplup and Barry with Empoleon.

    Having Chimchar begin on Paul's team did not only set up the plot for DP, but also allowed Ash's team to grow steadily and at their own pace. If Chimchar was going to be on Ash's team from the beginning, Ash would have 5 pokemon to go through quite a bit of the early region and those five would have to compete with eachother for their shine time. Considering how Chimchar was on Paul's team, this left more time for Turtwig in the beginning of DP, and caused for actual plotdevelopment when Chimchar eventually came to Ash's team. The same happened with Buizel. Started on Dawn's team, and got development and characterization from that perspective.This also still left 'breathing room' on Ash's team so that Turtwig and Staravia could shine a bit more before the otter was traded to Ash.

    The same happened in Best Wishes with Krokorok. We got to see it travel along with Ash at certain times, eventhough it wasn't captured. This gave the 8 pokemon Ash had already along with him, with some more breathing room for appearances in gyms, before such a strong pokemon would eventually join.

    I quite like this set up. And I feel that if Ash hadn't caught Palpitoad at all, then it would've helped Best Wishes even more. Eight pokemon before the fourth gym was just too much to juggle. SEVEN pokemon on the other hand, is just right: If you're entering a gym, then you're team will likely have 2 or 3 that are unlikely to be a good match, with 2 being neutral, and 3 being good picks. The more pokemon, the more likelier you have good picks, this however, likely leads to even the good picks having to sit out regardless: Tranquill not being in the Castelia Gym battle for example, Snivy over Roggenrola in Nimbasa.

    So yeah, I can definitely see this 'suspended/looming' capture, or reversed Dawn-situation happening. It would give the group a better development then just slapping on additions at a rabid pace.

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Or just have ash have only one starter like hoenn, which is clearly by far his best handled team, and give the other two to his friends or rivals.
    Not clearly, and definitely not by far, compared to the Sinnoh Team, which was also quite well handled when looking at evolutions, moves learned, amounts of battles they had, etc. Sure, Infernape took a good chunk, but it didn't mean that others didn't have wins, as opposed to Torkoal getting almost nothing throughout most of the trip, and Glalie only getting the league for example. One could say that Hoenn was overshadowed by Grovyle, Swellow and Corphish, just like how in Sinnoh, Turtwig, Buizel and Chimchar took charge. And even then Staraptor and Gliscor got good shots at gym battles.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

  2. #2577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReshiZekyurem View Post
    Why not comedy relief rivals? They bring humour to dull battles and the anime would be boring without them.
    As long as they're not taken seriously and don't participate in the most important battles, then yes.

    We don't want to have another Camoron around.

  3. #2578
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    What if ash actually teleported to franceland instead of jut taking a plane or boat?
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  4. #2579
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    What if ash actually teleported to franceland instead of jut taking a plane or boat?
    Unlikely. It's more likely that he takes months walking to the region than him magically appearing in said region.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

  5. #2580
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    On Smashboards
    Posts
    599

    Default

    I think the next revealed poke is the first Ash will capture
    FC:1693-1645-5618
    Friend Safari:Flying-Tropius,Farfetch'd,Woobat
    Friend Safari Want List:

    Normal-Ditto
    Fighting-Breloom
    Flying-Rufflet,Fletchinder
    Grass-Swadloon
    Electric-Zebstrika,Helioptile
    Dark-Vullaby
    Fairy-Kirlia

  6. #2581
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    2. Fennekin is extremely cute, hence marketable. Chespin is just like Oshawott, hence marketable. Froakie is an oddball, therefore could be marketable (see Stunfisk). So all could be hindered by their 'marketing value'. Judging by that, none of them would evolve!
    You can't argue that on the fact that Pokemon have evolved. If you use that argument, then that means no Pokemon would ever evolve.

    And the reason why I argued what I did is because no, one starter is superior to another, and that would be the argument for evolving one over another.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  7. #2582
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    I would really like Leaf to appear. We really need an appearance . . . but it's really unBelivable. . .
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  8. #2583
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    I'm fine with that, I like Cabernet and her role in the show.
    I hope this is not a joke because I hated what they did to her. It seems like she wasn't no longer a rival once the Clublosion against Iris. It just seemed like she was after everybody who was beating her. And that was almost everyone. If they are going to give Ash a girl rival, I hope they don't do what they did to her or Bianca.

    My ideal battle ever!

  9. #2584
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Too bad hugh wasn't in bw1 or we could have had him be the main rival to ash.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  10. #2585
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I hope this is not a joke because I hated what they did to her. It seems like she wasn't no longer a rival once the Clublosion against Iris. It just seemed like she was after everybody who was beating her. And that was almost everyone. If they are going to give Ash a girl rival, I hope they don't do what they did to her or Bianca.
    What joke, they didn't do anything to her, thats the purpose of our character, showing that someone who holds a grudge specially for a stupid motif, ends up being ridiculous all the time, even Langley bashed her for acting like she does.

    I like her character, I like that it served its purpose and was funny atleas to me but I'm not expecting you to understand that anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Too bad hugh wasn't in bw1 or we could have had him be the main rival to ash.
    What would their rivalry being based on?

    Satoshi steals his sister Purrloin by mistake and he hates on him the entire region for that reason?

  11. #2586
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    What joke, they didn't do anything to her, thats the purpose of our character, showing that someone who holds a grudge specially for a stupid motif, ends up being ridiculous all the time, even Langley bashed her for acting like she does.

    I like her character, I like that it served its purpose and was funny atleas to me but I'm not expecting you to understand that anyway.
    No, I get what you're saying as far as for a rival for Cilan goes, but for Ash no. He already has rivals who are less bigger failures than her and I would hate to see Ash have a rivla like that especially a girl which the writers have problems with treating them properly. And if I recall, when I first saw Bugundy I never thought she was supposed to be gag/joke for the whole of Best Wishes. I thought she was going to stleast get better redemption and possibly become less likely to always hold grudges instead of being patient and learning to deal with her mistakes and learn from them. But I haven't seen that. Maybe you're the one that doesn't understand.

    My ideal battle ever!

  12. #2587
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    No, I get what you're saying as far as for a rival for Cilan goes, but for Ash no. He already has rivals who are less bigger failures than her and I would hate to see Ash have a rivla like that especially a girl which the writers have problems with treating them properly. And if I recall, when I first saw Bugundy I never thought she was supposed to be gag/joke for the whole of Best Wishes. I thought she was going to stleast get better redemption and possibly become less likely to always hold grudges instead of being patient and learning to deal with her mistakes and learn from them. But I haven't seen that. Maybe you're the one that doesn't understand.
    Here you go, throwing a random argument that has nothing to do with my post, I'm talking about Cabernet, who cares about Satoshi girl rival or wtv? thats something you talked about not me.

    You really didn't understand lets move on, no need to get into an argument.

    As far as that, she sweetened a bit with time and I would have liked an episode with her finally understanding her problem with Dent(she actually likes him basicly) and become a Sommelier on her own accord not due to a grudge and become decent at it but its not like we didn't have characters before that sticked with an atitude and ended their run with it, she is basicly the "Dent Rival" because for Dent he doesn't really care about the rivalry, he actually tries to help her everytime they met.

  13. #2588
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post

    What would their rivalry being based on?

    Satoshi steals his sister Purrloin by mistake and he hates on him the entire region for that reason?
    Seems legit. 10/10

    Lets take bets on which starter pikachu will lose to in the beginning. I'm going chespin.

  14. #2589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Seems legit. 10/10

    Lets take bets on which starter pikachu will lose to in the beginning. I'm going chespin.
    Froakie has more chances because of the irony.

  15. #2590
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    I'm going to say this time pikachu will lose to either the early bug or bird pokemon.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  16. #2591
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I'm going to say this time pikachu will lose to either the early bug or bird pokemon.
    Pokemon, bringing resets to a whole new level.

  17. #2592
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,740

    Default

    What would their rivalry being based on?

    Satoshi steals his sister Purrloin by mistake and he hates on him the entire region for that reason?
    Yeah, I don't see how Hugh would be a rival. He's uninteresting as hell and only talks about getting stronger and how he wants to save his sister's Pokemon. He's hardly a rival since he doesn't really care heavily about getting badges. They're more of a thing he goes for just for the sake of powering up his Pokemon.

  18. #2593
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Man, nobody has any faith that Pikachu will actually win its first battle in a new region

  19. #2594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    Man, nobody has any faith that Pikachu will actually win its first battle in a new region
    My faith was wrecked long before when he lost to Meowth In Boots.

  20. #2595
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    My faith was wrecked long before when he lost to Meowth In Boots.
    What about when he lost to magikarp?
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  21. #2596
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Pikachu didn't lose to Magikarp. It was a tie lol

  22. #2597
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    Pikachu didn't lose to Magikarp. It was a tie lol
    I consider almost Any pokemon, let alone an electric type, even tying with magikarp a loss anyway.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  23. #2598
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    I have a feeling Pikachu won't lose to the Gen 6 Starters. I wonder if he will get a seasoned rival like how Paul was, a trainer who had traveled through previous regions. The region will most definitely be filled with Pokemon from all Generations, so it's highly possible. I don't get why people get saying ridiculous & unfunny things like that. Yeah it was funny before but now saying like maybe he will lose to *Insert any Pokemon considered beneath Pikachu*, it's about as funny as Team Rocket is now.
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  24. #2599
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Froakie has more chances because of the irony.
    All 3 would be awesome.

  25. #2600
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,342

    Default

    i want him to win his first battle... especially if it's a trainer who's only started. i would also like to see a rival who has been through a couple of regions before, like paul. he was a good rival and i'd like to see another rival like him.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



Page 104 of 597 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •