Page 113 of 597 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #2801
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    What I meant was that the writers had forego Piplup, one of the most marketable Pokemon during its run, in favour of a new start. So who is to say that they won't do that with the wotter?

    Personal speculation
    There is no question they will lol.

    Seriously why do you guys hate Ash's other pokemon??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  2. #2802
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    This is my opinion on the matter. Right now there is a perverbial lion running at Nintendo and game freak. The lion isn't powerful enough to kill them, but it IS powerfull enough to mame them severely. However, The anime has a shotgun in hand, and one shot remaining. This bullet is the new season of the anime. If they revamp it by doing the things that I will describe shortly, the bullet will hit the lion and Nintendo and Gamefreak will be no worse off for it, perhaps better. But if they do the same thing over again, the bullet will miss, and Nintendo and Game Freak will be reduced to minor companies, their fan base dimishied significantly and not increasing.
    This is what I believe the companies must do. First, give Ash more success. If Ash loses the league AGAIN, the fans will grow even more frustrated than they already are, and many will give up on the series altogether. Second, bring back Brock. I like Cilan and all, but he can't compare to Brock, he's a series staple and very popular with the fans. They lost quite a few fans when they got rid of Brock. Bringing him back will bring back quite a few fans, in addition to making current fans more happy.
    Finally, the most obvious of all, but before I tell what it is, let me give you some evidence for why I think that. I recently wrote a Fanfiction that included discussing who Ash has a romantic attraction for. I decided to do some research and when I put in "Ash and" in google search engine, I expected "Ash and Pikachu" to be the first result. I was mistaken. The first result was "Ash and Misty". As a matter of fact, "Ash and Pikachu" wasn't even in the top ten!!!!! I think it is very clear what the fans want. THEY WANT A ROMANCE! Do you have any idea how many people would watch an episode in which Ash kisses a girl???? A legit clip showing this would gain a million views in a matter of minutes! Now it's true that no matter what, there WILL be some fans disappointed by the choice of the writers as to who Ash will have a relationship with, but the benefits would far outweigh the disadvantages. I believe that these are the steps The Pokemon companies need to take in order to save the franchise. This is just my opinion keep in mind.

  3. #2803
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    This is my opinion on the matter. Right now there is a perverbial lion running at Nintendo and game freak. The lion isn't powerful enough to kill them, but it IS powerfull enough to mame them severely. However, The anime has a shotgun in hand, and one shot remaining. This bullet is the new season of the anime. If they revamp it by doing the things that I will describe shortly, the bullet will hit the lion and Nintendo and Gamefreak will be no worse off for it, perhaps better. But if they do the same thing over again, the bullet will miss, and Nintendo and Game Freak will be reduced to minor companies, their fan base dimishied significantly and not increasing.
    This is what I believe the companies must do. First, give Ash more success. If Ash loses the league AGAIN, the fans will grow even more frustrated than they already are, and many will give up on the series altogether. Second, bring back Brock. I like Cilan and all, but he can't compare to Brock, he's a series staple and very popular with the fans. They lost quite a few fans when they got rid of Brock. Bringing him back will bring back quite a few fans, in addition to making current fans more happy.
    Finally, the most obvious of all, but before I tell what it is, let me give you some evidence for why I think that. I recently wrote a Fanfiction that included discussing who Ash has a romantic attraction for. I decided to do some research and when I put in "Ash and" in google search engine, I expected "Ash and Pikachu" to be the first result. I was mistaken. The first result was "Ash and Misty". As a matter of fact, "Ash and Pikachu" wasn't even in the top ten!!!!! I think it is very clear what the fans want. THEY WANT A ROMANCE! Do you have any idea how many people would watch an episode in which Ash kisses a girl???? A legit clip showing this would gain a million views in a matter of minutes! Now it's true that no matter what, there WILL be some fans disappointed by the choice of the writers as to who Ash will have a relationship with, but the benefits would far outweigh the disadvantages. I believe that these are the steps The Pokemon companies need to take in order to save the franchise. This is just my opinion keep in mind.
    You're talking about stuff that already happened back in the OS/Johto days. We just had Cilan and Iris which are basically alternate clones of Brock and Misty in a weird twisted way. There is no need to bring them back after these two just left. That would be over kill.

    My ideal battle ever!

  4. #2804
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    So if the anime doesn't do exactly what you want, Nintendo and Gamefreak will be destroyed by a metaphorical lion. ha ha ha no

    Also, a vocal minority from outside of the show's actual demographic (which, lest we all forget, is japanese schoolchildren) who go online and obsess over the romantic entanglements of fictional 10-year-olds really isn't representative of the fandom at all, let alone the rest of the viewership.

    Also also, sorry dude, but Cilan is way more awesome than Brock. :P


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  5. #2805
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    This is my opinion on the matter. Right now there is a perverbial lion running at Nintendo and game freak. The lion isn't powerful enough to kill them, but it IS powerfull enough to mame them severely. However, The anime has a shotgun in hand, and one shot remaining. This bullet is the new season of the anime. If they revamp it by doing the things that I will describe shortly, the bullet will hit the lion and Nintendo and Gamefreak will be no worse off for it, perhaps better. But if they do the same thing over again, the bullet will miss, and Nintendo and Game Freak will be reduced to minor companies, their fan base dimishied significantly and not increasing.
    This is what I believe the companies must do. First, give Ash more success. If Ash loses the league AGAIN, the fans will grow even more frustrated than they already are, and many will give up on the series altogether. Second, bring back Brock. I like Cilan and all, but he can't compare to Brock, he's a series staple and very popular with the fans. They lost quite a few fans when they got rid of Brock. Bringing him back will bring back quite a few fans, in addition to making current fans more happy.
    Finally, the most obvious of all, but before I tell what it is, let me give you some evidence for why I think that. I recently wrote a Fanfiction that included discussing who Ash has a romantic attraction for. I decided to do some research and when I put in "Ash and" in google search engine, I expected "Ash and Pikachu" to be the first result. I was mistaken. The first result was "Ash and Misty". As a matter of fact, "Ash and Pikachu" wasn't even in the top ten!!!!! I think it is very clear what the fans want. THEY WANT A ROMANCE! Do you have any idea how many people would watch an episode in which Ash kisses a girl???? A legit clip showing this would gain a million views in a matter of minutes! Now it's true that no matter what, there WILL be some fans disappointed by the choice of the writers as to who Ash will have a relationship with, but the benefits would far outweigh the disadvantages. I believe that these are the steps The Pokemon companies need to take in order to save the franchise. This is just my opinion keep in mind.
    Except gamefreak and nintendo have nothing to do with making the anime itself, and if the anime fails, it has little to no bearing on the games.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  6. #2806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Except gamefreak and nintendo have nothing to do with making the anime itself, and if the anime fails, it has little to no bearing on the games.
    If the anime was REALLY directed by those two, the jump in quality would probably be amazing.

  7. #2807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    If the anime was REALLY directed by those two, the jump in quality would probably be amazing.
    I agree, we probably would have gotten better villain plots in the anime too.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  8. #2808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    I agree, we probably would have gotten better villain plots in the anime too.
    I should know. They freely use the word "die" now, instead of the kid-friendly "destroy."

  9. #2809
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    it would be cool if we got a female rival, that has been to every region except for X&Y, is based of the Beauty trainers, and that isn't a meanie, but just harsh and a little snobby due to teh fact that she feels Ash can not give her a inspiring battle, this forces Ash to not only feel like he needs to beat her, but want to inspire her by trying (but failing) to give her a great battle until the league, (Where he loses to her, so it's not a typical win against a rival, but still manages to give her a great battle.)

  10. #2810
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Let me get this straight, you want Ash to have a main rival he never beats?

    No.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  11. #2811
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Let me get this straight, you want Ash to have a main rival he never beats?

    No.
    Actually make him get a junior rival that he beats mostly the entire region but then beats him in the league in a close figth.

  12. #2812
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Let me get this straight, you want Ash to have a main rival he never beats?

    No.
    This has already happened too many times. Atleast with Trip they tried to change things up by him getting a tie. But a lose from Trip's end against Ash would have been nice too. However, Trip was still losing to other trainers, so he wasn't so invinsible than people think.

    My ideal battle ever!

  13. #2813
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Why can't him and his rival actually be semi equal?? How would Ash actually being competent be so bad.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  14. #2814
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Maybe the new girl X & Y have a rodent Pokémon like Pikachu and Ash captures the three starter Pokémon.

    She may arrive late in the day you receive your 1st Pokémon. And just left a Pokémon like Pikachu for her. Repeating the story of the first episode of the anime. Perhaps this new Pikachu give many shocks in the new girl.

    And also maybe Ash capture Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie.

    I liked when he captured Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle in Kanto. It was fun to watch the 3 interacting with each other.

    Surely the rival of X & Y will appear to challenge our hero for a Pokémon battle! Will be a strong rival, I think. Hopefully it will be a rival cool, that gives a good challenge for Ash.

    I think that rival will also battle with the girl from X & Y!

    It would be nice if in the middle of the journey of Ash, Pikachu, and the girl from X & Y, Brock appeared for a cameo.

    And Dawn too, of course.
    Last edited by Pink Puff; 25th April 2013 at 8:42 AM.

  15. #2815

    Default

    If we had a girl rival for Ash, I'd kind of want her to be like Paul where shes been traveling for along time so when he gets defeated by her it won't seem so well, lets just say I don't want things to the way Ash/Trip's rivalry went, I wasn't too happy that Ash lost to some one who just started out like that so I'd rather the way I said happen. That, or I'd rather Ash just not have a rival that series like in AG and have him look and act mature like he was back than.

    I don't see Misty at all returning, at all! Shes lucky if she even gets a cameo at the end of the BW series. New girl will be here to advertise the new series like all the other girls in the past, you get used to by nowXD We should be seeing some thing on her soon right? What with BW series being almost done.

    Question is, what will happen with the male sidekick character? Will Dento stay or get replaced? Thats another topic.

    Can't wait for this series honestly.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  16. #2816
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,757

    Default

    I just hope there is a secondary quest for the other two characters that is not Contest. Please XY, give the girl and guy some kind of quest that builds up to something. This is all I look forward to now, please. I'm so anxious to know what kind of sidekicks we're getting this time around. I guess who gets a starter depends on how important to the show they'll be. I still want AG style teams, but we'll see.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  17. #2817
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,601

    Default

    I just hope the focus of the anime swifts back into battles. AG and DP were very competitive heavy while the OS and BW were not. Mainly in the sense that the writers cared to write and show more and better battles. Of course Ash has always cared about battling just as much in every series.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  18. #2818
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Why can't him and his rival actually be semi equal?? How would Ash actually being competent be so bad.
    Because Ash has to be the underdog, all the time, instead of someone competent who might just be unlucky when enters the league. I too believe that there would be more tension (and not fake tension) by having Ash battling his rival and mostly on par with that rival.

    Because if we're always going to know Ash is going to beat his main rival, at the league, it makes it kind of boring, sure the battle might be good, but still boring.

    At least if Ash and his rival were equal for the most part, no one could know who the winner would be at the Unova league, well that would be the smart thing, but they don't do the smart thing, do they, they just make it for little kids to root for the underdog.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  19. #2819
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Because Ash has to be the underdog, all the time, instead of someone competent who might just be unlucky when enters the league. I too believe that there would be more tension (and not fake tension) by having Ash battling his rival and mostly on par with that rival.

    Because if we're always going to know Ash is going to beat his main rival, at the league, it makes it kind of boring, sure the battle might be good, but still boring.

    At least if Ash and his rival were equal for the most part, no one could know who the winner would be at the Unova league, well that would be the smart thing, but they don't do the smart thing, do they, they just make it for little kids to root for the underdog.
    They can have Ash win once, the rival win once, tie the next time etc etc...still the under dog and semi competent at the same time.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  20. #2820
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    They can have Ash win once, the rival win once, tie the next time etc etc...still the under dog and semi competent at the same time.
    I agree but if they make him win too many times, he might lose to his rival in the league to change the pace of the show since some people are bored with him beating him in the league. I personally don't mind at all. I think people will never be satisfied. Rather if Ash was to constantly beat them or lose against them.

    My ideal battle ever!

  21. #2821
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I agree but if they make him win too many times, he might lose to his rival in the league to change the pace of the show since some people are bored with him beating him in the league. I personally don't mind at all. I think people will never be satisfied. Rather if Ash was to constantly beat them or lose against them.
    Neither I would. At least it would be different. Sure, it would suck for some people, but at least there will be more tension: who is going to win against who?
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  22. #2822

    Default

    Has anyone thought of X/y region being a obvious johto region 2.0 think about its the unova region was Kanto 2.0 because its was meant to be a Reboot to the series and we got the decolora island being a other orange island so where is this leading up to,

    well the creator want to Re: created the original Pokemon Series and what's Ended the original series was johto so its obvious and very Likely we are going to get a other johto which can be good or bad because johto has heck of ton of fillers episode, but johto give us new Pokemon type Dark and Steal And Let's us go back to kanto and also gary return as Ash rival in the anime so the same can be said with the highly chance of virgil and trip returning as Ash rival because of hint leading to a other johto which being X/y region, and with the Rumor fairy type by the same guy who leaked The Black and White Pokedex information making The fairy type most likely true, we are looking at a other johto region coming, all we need is this fairy type to be confirmed to prove my point, and if true its also means something really good for the game going back to previous region like johto did to kanto,

    sorry if this is a little off topic but we are most likely looking at a johto 2.0, for the game and anime and Pokemon adventure manga,
    Last edited by SkyTheMagicalSpiritualFox; 26th April 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    i'm an Christian and accepted Jesus in my Heart, copy and paste This † if you are a Christen and a Children of God people to And if you have fate in him and proud of it!

    I was born a male but you see i'm a transgender in other word i'm a girl in a man body to put its simple i identify myself as a female and i'm not scared to admitted!
    So say what's ever you like but i can care less and i'm a very loving and caring person anyway also i prefer to be call Krystal rather than my real name,

    Also check out my YT and comment Like and subscribe
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DraBaha...cenny/featured
    Warning my Gaming video are family friendly

  23. #2823
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I agree but if they make him win too many times, he might lose to his rival in the league to change the pace of the show since some people are bored with him beating him in the league. I personally don't mind at all. I think people will never be satisfied. Rather if Ash was to constantly beat them or lose against them.
    Meh, as long as he doesn't regress again, who cares who beats him.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  24. #2824
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTheLightDragonite View Post
    Has anyone thought of X/y region being a obvious johto region 2.0 think about its the unova region was Kanto 2.0 because its was meant to be a Reboot to the series and we got the decolora island being a other orange island so where is this leading up to,

    well the creator want to Re: created the original Pokemon Series and what's Ended the original series was johto so its obvious and very Likely we are going to get a other johto which can be good or bad because johto has heck of ton of fillers episode, but johto give us new Pokemon type Dark and Steal And Let's us go back to kanto and also gary return as Ash rival in the anime so the same can be said with the highly chance of virgil and trip returning as Ash rival because of hint leading to a other johto which being X/y region, and with the Rumor fairy type by the same guy who leaked The Black and White Pokedex information making The fairy type most likely true, we are looking at a other johto region coming, all we need is this fairy type to be confirmed to prove my point, and if true its also means something really good for the game going back to previous region like johto did to kanto,

    sorry if this is a little off topic but we are most likely looking at a johto 2.0, for the game and anime and Pokemon adventure manga,
    No, I guarantee you that, they aren't going to repeat Johto, at least with the horrible Pokemon distribution, or rather the lack of anything interesting outside of Chikorita evolving but in terms of 6th gen, as WELL as keeping his older Pokemon. If they aren't relevant in 6th gen (as in split evolutions or new evolutions) they aren't going to be in the show. Not even Oshawott.

    But I suppose otherwise it could be Johto like.

    I like a lot of Johto's battles, so maybe 6th gen they will be better than Unova's.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  25. #2825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    No, I guarantee you that, they aren't going to repeat Johto, at least with the horrible Pokemon distribution, or rather the lack of anything interesting outside of Chikorita evolving but in terms of 6th gen, as WELL as keeping his older Pokemon. If they aren't relevant in 6th gen (as in split evolutions or new evolutions) they aren't going to be in the show. Not even Oshawott.

    But I suppose otherwise it could be Johto like.

    I like a lot of Johto's battles, so maybe 6th gen they will be better than Unova's.
    well i think they may go for its and why hasn't virgil battle ash yet or has a Ash and trip 6 on 6 battle because i think there's will saving virgil and trip for 6th gen as rival but if not trip than virgil because ash and virgil never battle and they still need to unless both virgil and trip have a battle in kanto before going to X/Y Region and virgil is still one of ash rival and also he have a unevolve Eevee which will most likely be Sylveon, and if its is a new type/fairy type than virgil will be in the X/Y Region maybe trip to but most likely virgil,
    and i agreed about the horrible Pokemon distribution but that's was because of the original Gameboy and Gameboy color technologically was limited but Now we got the 3DS for DLC that's won't be a problem,
    and i see this as a opportunity to add previous region with DLC useing this region as a other johto, and its will be better than the previous johto, because of X/Y Being on 3DS,
    i'm an Christian and accepted Jesus in my Heart, copy and paste This † if you are a Christen and a Children of God people to And if you have fate in him and proud of it!

    I was born a male but you see i'm a transgender in other word i'm a girl in a man body to put its simple i identify myself as a female and i'm not scared to admitted!
    So say what's ever you like but i can care less and i'm a very loving and caring person anyway also i prefer to be call Krystal rather than my real name,

    Also check out my YT and comment Like and subscribe
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DraBaha...cenny/featured
    Warning my Gaming video are family friendly

Page 113 of 597 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •