Page 117 of 597 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #2901
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Whenever they show a kid in this show they look about Max's height. Max actually looks like what an 8-10 year old is. May was also obviously more developed than the other girls hence everyone refusing to believe she was 10 back when Hoenn first started. Dawn looks older than 10 as well as does Misty really.

    Iris is the only one that I can buy for being 10.
    The thing about all of this is that they all are ten. So it doesn't matter what they look like. It's like that in the real world too. There are a lot of 10 year olds that are different shapes and colors. Not to mention some develop more early than some others. Doesn't mean jack.

    My ideal battle ever!

  2. #2902
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Whenever they show a kid in this show they look about Max's height. Max actually looks like what an 8-10 year old is. May was also obviously more developed than the other girls hence everyone refusing to believe she was 10 back when Hoenn first started. Dawn looks older than 10 as well as does Misty really.

    Iris is the only one that I can buy for being 10.
    Like I said I can buy Haruka being 11 or 12, not Hikari, still little kids, the BW kids are the bigger ones(game ones not the anime), apparently they are 14 or something like that and they look like thatm, looking at Belle she does look like atleast 14.

    I agree that they do some stupid stuff, when they make 10y kids act really adult out of nowhere teaching 8y olds stuff, it is weird, if anything I think they make the kids that are supposed to be like 6-8 to old I guess.

  3. #2903
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Like I said I can buy Haruka being 11 or 12, not Hikari, still little kids, the BW kids are the bigger ones(game ones not the anime), apparently they are 14 or something like that and they look like thatm, looking at Belle she does look like atleast 14.

    I agree that they do some stupid stuff, when they make 10y kids act really adult out of nowhere teaching 8y olds stuff, it is weird, if anything I think they make the kids that are supposed to be like 6-8 to old I guess.
    Everytime we see a kid in the show they are MUCH shorter than Ash and co....and they're suppossed to be around 7-8 years old like Max was.

    Back in AG/DP Ash did look about 14...as did May/Dawn despite the fact that they were all 10.

  4. #2904
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Everytime we see a kid in the show they are MUCH shorter than Ash and co....and they're suppossed to be around 7-8 years old like Max was.

    Back in AG/DP Ash did look about 14...as did May/Dawn despite the fact that they were all 10.
    The only person that looked 14 in AG and DP is Takeshi but I agree like I said in my post, the diference between a 6-8 y old and a 10 in the anime is pretty weird and the 10y old act like they are 18 and the 8 y old are 6 when explaining them something, its weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And when you're thirty, you'll be Lt. Serge height.
    Not using heigh as an argument, but general anatomy and behaviour of the kids.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 29th April 2013 at 11:15 PM.

  5. #2905

    Default

    And when you're thirty, you'll be Lt. Serge height.

  6. #2906
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    The only person that looked 14 in AG and DP is Takeshi but I agree like I said in my post, the diference between a 6-8 y old and a 10 in the anime is pretty weird and the 10y old act like they are 18 and the 8 y old are 6 when explaining them something, its weird.
    All shows with kid characters are like that. Real 10 year olds don't have the vocabulary or thinking skills that are portrayed in cartoons. 10 year olds in reali life are childish and need things explained to them.

    The anime treats its main cast like they were younger teens around 13-15....with Brock and Cilan obviously being older.

  7. #2907

    Default

    HA I know right? Ash is only 10 years old yet they treat him like hes an adult, why leave the hands of saving the world to a ten year oldXD Adults are so useless in this series man.
    I hope we get a poster of this series soon, I'm dying to see Ash in his new outfit, I'll miss his old BW of course. How long till we get a poster you think? I forget how long it took for BW, or D/P.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  8. #2908
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,940

    Default

    The uniform is the least of my worries, it's whether they want to make Ash move backwards again or have him make progress from BW
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  9. #2909
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    The uniform is the least of my worries, it's whether they want to make Ash move backwards again or have him make progress from BW
    Yeah that might decide whether a lot of older fans tune in or not. But I have a feeling Ash will be portrayed a lot better than BW, I mean it can't really get worse




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  10. #2910
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,935

    Default

    I'm kinda done with Ash now. If they're really never going to have him win a league it feels like watching him in an endless cycle is pointless.

    At least before BW we saw him get better and better with each passing saga...I thought eventually he'd actually be allowed to win a league. But BW killed my hype for the entire anime.

  11. #2911
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'm kinda done with Ash now. If they're really never going to have him win a league it feels like watching him in an endless cycle is pointless.

    At least before BW we saw him get better and better with each passing saga...I thought eventually he'd actually be allowed to win a league. But BW killed my hype for the entire anime.
    coming in the top 4 in sinnoh i thought he would get to the finals in unova at least, but no. hopefully he will get replaced, because it just sad watching him lose over and over and over again. i used to hope he would win, but no more. i'd like to see a new character this gen, because ash has served his time well.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  12. #2912
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    coming in the top 4 in sinnoh i thought he would get to the finals in unova at least, but no. hopefully he will get replaced, because it just sad watching him lose over and over and over again. i used to hope he would win, but no more. i'd like to see a new character this gen, because ash has served his time well.
    Indeed, that's the only reason I stuck with the anime for so long. Ash was getting better and even though it was sloooow, it was still an improvement. Granted I liked a lot of the episodes and other main characters too, but Ash is the MAIN character so if he's screwed over I can't enjoy the anime as much.

  13. #2913
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia,PA,USA
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'm kinda done with Ash now. If they're really never going to have him win a league it feels like watching him in an endless cycle is pointless.

    At least before BW we saw him get better and better with each passing saga...I thought eventually he'd actually be allowed to win a league. But BW killed my hype for the entire anime.
    It's pretty shocking how much has changed in this anime since BW started, which was only 3 years ago! Seriously, would anyone have imagined this degree of regression? Within 3 episodes Ash goes from his best to his worst...and this was very different from the minor stuff in the early parts of other sagas

    I feel like the entire mindset of watching the anime has changed too
    Last edited by TheFonz; 30th April 2013 at 7:10 AM.




    Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

    HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

    White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

  14. #2914
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    I don't remember...
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Indeed, that's the only reason I stuck with the anime for so long. Ash was getting better and even though it was sloooow, it was still an improvement. Granted I liked a lot of the episodes and other main characters too, but Ash is the MAIN character so if he's screwed over I can't enjoy the anime as much.
    if he is going to be the main character he has to at least be decent. he was slowly getting there and i bet everyone thought so too and then the writers decided to snatch away what little hope we had. i like some of his companions and some episodes have been really good, but you always know that no matter what he does he is just going to lose the league. it quite sad actually.

    Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.



  15. #2915
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    It's pretty shocking how much has changed in this anime since BW started, which was only 3 years ago! Seriously, would anyone have imagined this degree of regression? Within 3 episodes Ash goes from his best to his worst...and this was very different from the minor stuff in the early parts of other sagas

    I feel like the entire mindset of watching the anime has changed too
    Agreed. While I know alot of people were getting bored of DP towards the end of it, looking back, we were in a much better position in terms of the anime and Ash's story being handled well.

    While I prefer some things in BW like Cilan, some of the tournaments and rivals....everything else just seems meaningless now.

  16. #2916
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    It's pretty shocking how much has changed in this anime since BW started, which was only 3 years ago! Seriously, would anyone have imagined this degree of regression? Within 3 episodes Ash goes from his best to his worst...and this was very different from the minor stuff in the early parts of other sagas

    I feel like the entire mindset of watching the anime has changed too
    There is no regression, its all in your head, hes the same kid as always, not doing as well as last league has nothing to do with anything, want an example? my football team played better two years ago then three years ago, yet we got the championship three years ago but we didn't two years ago, stuff changes not just Satoshi and weather you guys like it or not besides being more funny and enjoyable character partly due to Dent and Iris being good characters to create interaction with his skills are the same and you guys won't change your opinions sure but I'll post it anyway, not like you ever liked BW anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    HA I know right? Ash is only 10 years old yet they treat him like hes an adult, why leave the hands of saving the world to a ten year oldXD Adults are so useless in this series man.
    I hope we get a poster of this series soon, I'm dying to see Ash in his new outfit, I'll miss his old BW of course. How long till we get a poster you think? I forget how long it took for BW, or D/P.
    Don't expect anything till September probably.

  17. #2917
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    There is no regression, its all in your head, hes the same kid as always, not doing as well as last league has nothing to do with anything, want an example? my football team played better two years ago then three years ago, yet we got the championship three years ago but we didn't two years ago, stuff changes not just Satoshi and weather you guys like it or not besides being more funny and enjoyable character partly due to Dent and Iris being good characters to create interaction with his skills are the same and you guys won't change your opinions sure but I'll post it anyway, not like you ever liked BW anyway.
    Um, a Football team getting to the Championship one year, and then failing the other year is regression. They weren't as good as they were the previous year, or made more mistakes for example. It's obvious to a great deal of people here that he's regressed, except you and maybe a few others apparently. "Being more funny", because he's more childish than he was in AG/DP is also a change and a form of reverting back to a less developed state.

    But keep telling yourself that he hasn't really regressed. Whatever makes you sleep better lol.
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 30th April 2013 at 4:16 PM.

  18. #2918
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    There is no regression, its all in your head, hes the same kid as always, not doing as well as last league has nothing to do with anything, want an example? my football team played better two years ago then three years ago, yet we got the championship three years ago but we didn't two years ago, stuff changes not just Satoshi and weather you guys like it or not besides being more funny and enjoyable character partly due to Dent and Iris being good characters to create interaction with his skills are the same and you guys won't change your opinions sure but I'll post it anyway, not like you ever liked BW anyway.



    Don't expect anything till September probably.
    There definitely was a regression and it isn't in anyone's head, but it doesn't automatically make BW terrible. Ash was basically at his maturity level of around early johto, and clearly was just way worse of a trainer than at almost any point in hoenn and especially sinnoh. And your football team point doesn't help your argument at all, because you're champions one year and not the next, that is regression.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  19. #2919
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    There definitely was a regression and it isn't in anyone's head, but it doesn't automatically make BW terrible. Ash was basically at his maturity level of around early johto, and clearly was just way worse of a trainer than at almost any point in hoenn and especially sinnoh. And your football team point doesn't help your argument at all, because you're champions one year and not the next, that is regression.
    Regression in results yes but not regression in the kid skills, it does like I said, the team is playing better but lost because the adversaries played better too/or lack of luck(more of that in this case), so it was a regression like I said in results but the skill didn't lack, I'm talking about a stupid notion around here that he somehow became stupid in BW aka he regressed, he unlearned how to battle, not results because yes I have to agree that in results there is a regression but I wasn't refering to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    Um, a Football team getting to the Championship one year, and then failing the other year is regression. They weren't as good as they were the previous year, or made more mistakes for example. It's obvious to a great deal of people here that he's regressed, except you and maybe a few others apparently. "Being more funny", because he's more childish than he was in AG/DP is also a change and a form of reverting back to a less developed state.
    Being more fun/funny doesn't mean hes more childish, like I said he more of a fun character(has nothing to do with funny) due to its interactions, I find Satoshi mostly boring, I like his pokemon more then him actually but I somehow still support the character because its the main character since I was a kid and to me as a character in terms of interactions hes more enjoyable like I said that might be due to how well Dent and Iris were made as characters(talking about their personalities).
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 30th April 2013 at 7:02 PM.

  20. #2920
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    I'm also hoping ash gets replaced, and the anime becomes more like the B2W2 animated trailer. it's not like the show won't appeal to kids if it becomes like that. I know it's just wishful thinking but it would be nice. At least the animation, if not the overall tone of the show. And ash could potentially be the Pokemon Master he's been longing to be, and I'd be ok with that since anime=/=games so there would be no need to have to tie it into the games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

  21. #2921
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    833

    Default

    I'm hoping Ash catches Fennekin. .m.

  22. #2922
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Yveltal96
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    I'm hoping Ash catches Fennekin. .m.
    Ehh I'm starting to like Fennekin, I wouldn't mind that

    Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I'm also hoping ash gets replaced, and the anime becomes more like the B2W2 animated trailer. it's not like the show won't appeal to kids if it becomes like that. I know it's just wishful thinking but it would be nice. At least the animation, if not the overall tone of the show. And ash could potentially be the Pokemon Master he's been longing to be, and I'd be ok with that since anime=/=games so there would be no need to have to tie it into the games.
    Why do you want/even consider the possibility of Ash being replaced when he didn't even win the Unova League?

  23. #2923

    Default

    I know Best Wishes isn't over yet, but anime changes a lot in BW.I am really worried about XY anime.

    My thoughts on Best Wishes

    ++++++

    Glad Team Rocket are not flying off and losing CoTD in every episode.They did very well against Team Plasma.I always prefer funny and stronger rocket team.
    Best Wishes opening, ending, back ground musics are great.
    Dento/Cilan is an interesting character.
    Great episodes I remembered: Scraggy-Gothita,Darmanitan episode, Team Rocket Giovanni-Meloetta ,some Mijumaru,Unfeazant episodes, snivy vs emonga,negotiatior meowth chopper-subway episodes,Sawsbuck,Dawn vs Cilan, shiny Onix episode,first Charizard episode in BW

    ------

    When BW started I thought Ash will be very succesfull in league(at least finalist), but really shocked they reset Satoshi/Ash.
    All of Ash's development has gone.Krokodile was the only decent Pokemon of his team.
    Snivy had a lot potential, but she never evolved, didn't even learn a new move after 100+episodes.
    Mijumaru is the most popular Unova pokemon, but he keeps losing after ground gym battle.Last gym battle(Cheren) was really annoying.
    Writers didn't let Ash winning a single tournament.His rivals(Kenyan, Shootie), also Iris get a cup, but main character doesn't win a tournament!
    His rivals get most powerful pokemons like Hydreigon, Conkeldurr,Ferrothorn,Lucario etc, but Ash have only cute pokemons.
    Unova league was clearly the worst league in the series.I can't accept main character losing to noob trainer.Kotetsu used water/flying type on pikachu,
    grass/steel type on pignite, he forgot his 6th pokemon, and still beat Ash.
    Ash was upset when losing Sinnoh league(he did an excellent job and beat two legendaries), but this time he wasn't upset after losing to Kotetsu.He was smiling while watching Kotetsu vs Virgil match.Looks like he forgot his main goal.What happened to Ash's story?
    He was doing better in every league.Now he is worse trainer.That's just pathetic.
    League winner's main pokemon was Eevee!It is just a cute Kanto Pokemon.Ash beat easily other league finalist(Dino)in one of the Don battle tournament.
    Now Dino is stronger trainer than Ash after 100+episodes.Can you accept it if you are a long time pokemon watcher?

    Bringing back Dawn and Charizard was a nice idea, but their cameo wasn't succesfull although few episodes are nice.Dawn wasn't very active.Charizard didn't battle Reshiram.I think they came back because of BW's low ratings.
    Kibago getting lost at the middle of the league is not funny.Irıs' dragon master goal?Luckily she gets a powerful Dragonite in one episode.It could be better if she evolved Dratini.Also sometimes Iris can be really annoying character.
    Cilan should have catched more pokemons.Looks like he won't reach his goal either.

    I don't understand why writers show Ash as a weak trainer in BW.Letting him winning a league won't make it Pokemon master.There is still Elite four, champion etc..
    Even he beats champion he can still go on another region and anime continues forever.

    It seems people lost interest in BW.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ng-april-15-21
    Even bringing Charizard back didn't help boosting ratings.
    Because writers did terrible job in Unova League.

    Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    coming in the top 4 in sinnoh i thought he would get to the finals in unova at least, but no. hopefully he will get replaced, because it just sad watching him lose over and over and over again. i used to hope he would win, but no more. i'd like to see a new character this gen, because ash has served his time well.
    I don't think changing main character will make difference, it will be another loser trainer.DP Ash could win this league easily.

    Hopefully XY series will be completely different than Best Wishes.Ash should have the strongest XY Pokemons.Atsuhiro Tomioka should write the XY league, so we can see nice strategies like counter shield again.

  24. #2924
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,883

    Default

    I really don't want them to replace Ash. They need to do something a lot more for him than kicking him off. And I don't want to see another new character be a league loser as well. So it doesn't matter to me. I watch the show mostly for the pokemon anyway. And Ash has been on so long, it makes no sense to replace him after a crappy series like BW. I get that he's boring to some and that he losses leagues but who's to say that that won't ever change. In the end, it's the writers decision of what they want to do with them. But if you are tired of Ash himself, then no one if forcing you to watch a repetitive kids show anyway so try not to spoil it for other people who might enjoy him from time to time.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #2925
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I really don't want them to replace Ash. They need to do something a lot more for him than kicking him off. And I don't want to see another new character be a league loser as well. So it doesn't matter to me. I watch the show mostly for the pokemon anyway. And Ash has been on so long, it makes no sense to replace him after a crappy series like BW. I get that he's boring to some and that he losses leagues but who's to say that that won't ever change. In the end, it's the writers decision of what they want to do with them. But if you are tired of Ash himself, then no one if forcing you to watch a repetitive kids show anyway so try not to spoil it for other people who might enjoy him from time to time.
    Agreed. Problems must be solved by developing a character, not simply put aside by removing it. And who's to say that an anime without Ash will be better?

    If they really want to get rid of Ash, I prefer if they make him win an official League first, then move on the new character.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Page 117 of 597 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167217 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •