Page 125 of 597 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm loving that the new bird can learn Flame Charge... also glad to see other's think Ash should catch (or hopeful right now) Yancham the panda. As of right now, I do suspect Ash get's all 3 starters again
    I agree about the fire bird but since bird pokemon seem to get shafted a lot in this show, hopefully he'll catch something else,

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I agree about the fire bird but since bird pokemon seem to get shafted a lot in this show, hopefully he'll catch something else,
    The bird is still Normal/Flying type, it's just capable of learning a more unique Fire move then the standard Heat Wave. So this bird would already be a step up from Unfezant (who was a down step from Staraptor)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The bird is still Normal/Flying type, it's just capable of learning a more unique Fire move then the standard Heat Wave. So this bird would already be a step up from Unfezant (who was a down step from Staraptor)
    And Staraptor was a HUGE step down from Thunder Armor Swellow and shiny Noctowl.

So much talking about the birdie (which I like) just to it not being the regional bird

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    And Staraptor was a HUGE step down from Thunder Armor Swellow and shiny Noctowl.

So much talking about the birdie (which I like) just to it not being the regional bird
    Having Brave Bird and Close Combat is not a step down... and seriously, Thunder Armor? The joke of the entire franchise outside "Aim for the Horn" and "Finish it out with False Swipes"
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I don't like Thunder Armor either, but it still happened.

Never did see the big deal with "The Horn!".
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

I would rather Ash didn't catch any bird pokemon this time. I get the fascination and scouting that it can do, but they never seem to have a lot of personality compared to the other pokemon.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I don't like Thunder Armor either, but it still happened.
    Your right, it's Squirtle_007, what should I be expecting...

And before s**t get's outta hand, no, I do like Unfezant

Having Brave Bird and Close Combat is not a step down... and seriously, Thunder Armor? The joke of the entire franchise outside "Aim for the Horn" and "Finish it out with False Swipes"
    Pff, any other bird and their mother has Brave Bird whin it debuted, nothing special, same with Close Combat, that thing is as overused as Hyper Beam and Shadow Ball.

Being a meme gives you inmortality, Thunder Armor gives Swellow something to be remembered by for ages

Why is it a step down exactly?

let's see moves for orange headed bird

Aerial ace
    Peck
    Take down
    Gust

Pff, any other bird and their mother has Brave Bird whin it debuted, nothing special, same with Close Combat, that thing is as overused as Hyper Beam and Shadow Ball.

Being a meme gives you inmortality, Thunder Armor gives Swellow something to be remembered by for ages
    For someone who claims to love a franchise, you sure are quick to throw an entire saga and the Pokemon within it under the bus just because you didn't like it. Just because I don't have any particularity good feeling about Best Wishes doesn't mean I don't acknowledge it's better qualities. For starters, I don't despise any of the Pokemon Ash captured, just how mishandled they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Why is it a step down exactly?
    I made my post about that in the Capture thread ^^;... the reason is the only thing unique about Unfezant is Air Cutter

And being female and havinga gender diference between her species but you apparently are complaining about the attacks, attacks which you don't even know besides Flamecharge, how is it a major step down? its the first bird with Flamecharge so becasue Pignite has it the move sucks now? and like I said we don't know the rest of the movepolls, I get the feeling that this opinion is more based on design that anything else.

And being female and havinga gender diference between her species but you apparently are complaining about the attacks, attacks which you don't even know besides Flamecharge, how is it a major step down? its the first bird with Flamecharge so becasue Pignite has it the move sucks now? and like I said we don't know the rest of the movepolls, I get the feeling that this opinion is more based on design that anything else.
    Actually... he has nothing against the robin knowing Flame Charge. In fact, if I read correctly, he likes that since it gives to the 6th Gen bird a unique move.

And Unfezant having gender difference? Cool, I guess, but what about battling capacities? In my opinion, she's balanced: not the strongest, nor the fastest, nor the most resistant. The middle, but that's not a bad thing.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

For someone who claims to love a franchise, you sure are quick to throw an entire saga and the Pokemon within it under the bus just because you didn't like it. Just because I don't have any particularity good feeling about Best Wishes doesn't mean I don't acknowledge it's better qualities. For starters, I don't despise any of the Pokemon Ash captured, just how mishandled they were.
    So, is now my fault that Brave Bird and Close Combat were overused?

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    Actually... he has nothing against the robin knowing Flame Charge. In fact, if I read correctly, he likes that since it gives to the 6th Gen bird a unique move.

And Unfezant having gender difference? Cool, I guess, but what about battling capacities?
    Then I read it wrong, I though I read him saying this bird is already a step down.

We talked about that already earlier in the day, you guys will say Swellow is the one that is "faster" again and that Unfezant wasn't focused on speed when it clearly was, so I'm not chaging your opinion and you aren't changing mine, in terms of moveset I would have liked her to have Sky Attack.

I love, oh I think Unfezent main thing is speed, no thats Swellow, so why can't Unfezant be as fast or even faster(because you guys decided ok), then moveset, her moveet sucks, look at the other pokemon she doesn't have an original move, oh wait she actually has Air Cutter but its not "impressive" enough because its not Close Combat and Brave Bird.

So its impossible to win, Swellow has a shitty moveset according to you guys classification I guess but its FASTER, Unfezant is "balanced" like Pidgeot when Pidgeot basicly remember me more of Staraptor but wtv and doesn't excel or have anything diferent, I point diferences like gender, moves, speed since she is a naturally fast pokemon but it doesn't count because its Unfezant, because its Best Wishes, yes guys its me and whoever defends BW that is unreasonable and doesn't accept negative opinions.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 11th May 2013 at 8:18 PM.

kindly do your research before posting. only 2 pokemon had brave bird in sinnoh (Ash & Reggies staraptors). And only 5 have had it total.

And only 8 have had close combat. definitely not oberused

Aside from you, I've yet to see anyone compliment Swellow for that bit of DEM. Swellow seems infamous for winning a battle that he shouldn't have won under normal, DEM-free circumstances and that's not something to be proud of in my opinion. :x

And before it gets out of hand, I wasn't particularly fond of Staraptor and his overuse of Brave Bird and Close Combat or whatever. However, blatant DEM like Thunder Armor can't be justified whatsoever in my humble and unbiased opinion. Anyway, I think Yayakoma looks bad so I don't want our beloved Satoshi-kun to capture it.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    kindly do your research before posting. only 2 pokemon had brave bird in sinnoh (Ash & Reggies staraptors). And only 5 have had it total.

When did I said that this only limits to Sinnoh?, I said the moves are overused and, therefore, they are unimpressive. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Aside from you, I've yet to see anyone compliment Swellow for that bit of DEM. Swellow seems infamous for winning a battle that he shouldn't have won under normal, DEM-free circumstances and that's not something to be proud of in my opinion. :x

And before it gets out of hand, I wasn't particularly fond of Staraptor and his overuse of Brave Bird and Close Combat or whatever. However, blatant DEM like Thunder Armor can't be justified whatsoever in my humble and unbiased opinion. Anyway, I think Yayakoma looks bad so I don't want our beloved Satoshi-kun to capture it.
    Pff, almost every Pokémon has had DEM moments, not a big deal.

If the birdie is available in early routes, then prepare to see it in Ash's team, but don't worry, if it has 3 stages, it will evolve in 20 episodes at max.

If the new compannions don't have a competitive goal, I can almost bet on Ash having Pikachu, Froakkie, Fennekin, Chespin, Yancham and the birdie
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 11th May 2013 at 8:21 PM.

We talked about that already earlier in the day, you guys will say Swellow is the one that is "faster" again and that Unfezant wasn't focused on speed when it clearly was, so I'm not chaging your opinion and you aren't changing mine, in terms of moveset I would have liked her to have Sky Attack.
    We simply said that Swellow is probably faster than Unfezant, not that Unfezant wasn't focused in speed.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}

While it is nice the new bird has Nitro Charge, how can any of us be certain if Satoshi were to catch it it would have that move in its arsenal?The writers could just tag on Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, and Peck and call it a day for all we know.

Then I read it wrong, I though I read him saying this bird is already a step down.

I'm not gonna deny Unfezant was fast, but as you stated, that was Swellow's shtick first, thus makes Unfezant less unique. Most of her moves are copy and paste, other then Air Cutter, even Sky Attack would have been since Noctowl has the move. But this doesn't mean I don't like her, it's just she's far from unique other then being a girl :P

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    And only Staraptor's were the only Flying types to use said move

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    While it is nice the new bird has Nitro Charge, how can any of us be certain if Satoshi were to catch it it would have that move in its arsenal?The writers could just tag on Quick Attack, Aerial Ace, and Peck and call it a day for all we know.
    What I was about to say. Unfezant has Heat Wave in its movepool, but Ash's doesn't learn it (lolGust)
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    We simply said that Swellow is probably faster than Unfezant, not that Unfezant wasn't focused in speed.
    No people said she was "balanced" not a speed based bird when thats all the writers focused her on and because she lost to Plotfing and Rioulo she sucks.

Joltik she isn't the first bird, the next bird is bound to get moves from the old ones, she still got an original one and you are pointing it out like or not its new(i like it), its just like all the fire types having Flamethrower they will all be copying Charizard if thats how we are thinking about it and with the slacking animation nowdays they will look to animate the easier most repeatable move most of the times as we have seen through BW.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 11th May 2013 at 8:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    True, we don't know that. However, it's still a unique move for a bird who isn't Fire-type. And besides who's to say that it may not get other interesting options?

No people said she was "balanced" not a speed based bird when thats all the writers focused her on and because she lost to Plotfing and Rioulo she sucks.
    Being balanced isn't bad. Look in that way: she may not be as fast as Swellow but may have more power and she may not be as strong as Staraptor but may be faster. Basically balanced can be almost equivalent to versatile.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 11th May 2013 at 8:22 PM.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    They don't have a set age just make her shorter that's all they need to do. They probably didn't use Hilda because she wasn't going to be the main character in B2W2 or that's how I looked at things.
    Has nothing to do with her height.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Page 125 of 597 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast