Page 126 of 597 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #3126
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    When did I said that this only limits to Sinnoh?, I said the moves are overused and, therefore, they are unimpressive. Period.
    You said when it debuted, which was sinnoh.

    And ONLY 5 pokemon have had brave bird and ONLY one was around for any length of time. How the hell is that overused?

  2. #3127
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    True, we don't know that. However, it's still a unique move for a bird who isn't Fire-type. And besides who's to say that it may not get other interesting options?
    But it doesn't really matter if it doesn't impact the anime? Because if this bird didn't have Nitro Charge does it matter? Kenharou gets Wish and Heat Wave and a slew of other unique moves but does have them in the anime. So does that uniqueness still stand?

  3. #3128
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    You said when it debuted, which was sinnoh.

    And ONLY 5 pokemon have had brave bird and ONLY one was around for any length of time. How the hell is that overused?
    When you use it 5 or 6 times per match ... overused (¬_¬)

  4. #3129
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Joltik she isn't the first bird, the next bird is bound to get moves from the old ones, she still got an original one and you are pointing it out like or not its new(i like it), its just like all the fire types having Flamethrower they will all be copying Charizard if thats how we are thinking about it and with the slacking animation nowdays they will look to animate the easier most repeatable move most of the times as we have seen through BW.
    Ugh, I don't mind Air Cutter, but why did she need Aerial Ace, Quick Attack (spoken about in my next point), and Gust. I would have enjoy her getting something like Pluck or Heat Wave. Heck even Echoed Voice would have been a nice change.

    I'm tired of Flamethrower too, but it's generic attack #3 (after Quick Attack and Water Gun) so it's never gonna not appear on a permanent Fire types moveset(unfortunately for Dawn's Quilava).
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 11th May 2013 at 9:35 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  5. #3130
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    But it doesn't really matter if it doesn't impact the anime? Because if this bird didn't have Nitro Charge does it matter? Kenharou gets Wish and Heat Wave and a slew of other unique moves but does have them in the anime. So does that uniqueness still stand?
    Hey, we're simply speculating and we go with what we know at the time. We currently know that the robin can learn Flame Charge, so if it gets that move in the anime then that's cool. If not... well, we'll see what else it gets.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  6. #3131
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Staraptor got Close Combat, so why wouldn't the new bird get Flame Charge?

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    When you use it 5 or 6 times per match ... overused (¬_¬)
    So Pikachu should just use only Electro Ball from here on out? Because all of his other moves are "overused" by your terminology. And Pignite should only use Fire Pledge and Oshawott Hydro Pump. Snivy can only use Attract now
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  7. #3132
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Staraptor got Close Combat, so why wouldn't the new bird get Flame Charge?
    Because the writers do whatever they want, it could have that new move but that doesn't mean it will. Just like we haven't seen a Woobat family member with Heart Stamp.

  8. #3133
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    When you use it 5 or 6 times per match ... overused (¬_¬)
    by your logic pretty much every move the main cast has is overused, but that's not what the word means.

    An example of an overused move is hyper beam, which has been used by over 130 individual pokemon.

  9. #3134
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Ugh, I don't mind Air Cutter, but why did she need Aerial Ace, Quick Attack (spoken about in my next point), and Gust. I would have enjoy her getting something like Pluck or Heat Wave. Heck even Echoed Voice would have been a nice change.

    I'm tired of Flamethrower too, but it's generic attack #3 (after Quick Attack and Water Gun) so it's never gonna not appear on a permanent Fire types moveset(unfortunately for Dawn's Quilava).
    Like I said I would have liked to see Razor Wind or Sky Attack upgrading Gust or Quick attack definetly I think thats was an error on their part or lazyness not sure, we aren't going to see Heat Wave in a bird unless it learns it naturall imo.

    Well I like Flamethrower I hope Fennekin has it, I like Water Gun, I like Aerial Ace, I like Razor Leaf, does that mean I wouldn't want something new? I would but I like those moves and I have no problem with them being used again, unless its like 3/4 pokemon with the move in the current team.

  10. #3135
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    When you use it 5 or 6 times per match ... overused (¬_¬)
    remind me to count thunderbolt as overused. :P

    Plus, from what i remember, they tried hard to keep the moves the same throughout the entire region of sinnoh, unless explicitly stating they learned a new move. This was kept up until the end in which quilava suddenly knew aerial ace.

    so 4 move limit and keeping the same moves throughout most of the region. (Because staraptor's movepool is cool, but slightly barren.)

    Besides, when on earth did staraptor use brave bird 5-6 times during a match?

    Name more then one time... ._..

    In the paul match, staraptor didn't even USE brave bird, and used close combat only ONCE to get away...and that's it. just an example.

    Anyway, chespin and the panda better be Ash's D:<
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  11. #3136
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    by your logic pretty much every move the main cast has is overused, but that's not what the word means.

    An example of an overused move is hyper beam, which has been used by over 130 individual pokemon.
    Overused: Having 4 moves at your disposal but only stick to 1

    I can't even remember Staraptor's other moves (-_-), therefore, Brave Bird = Overused

  12. #3137
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Overused: Having 4 moves at your disposal but only stick to 1

    I can't even remember Staraptor's other moves (-_-), therefore, Brave Bird = Overused
    Close combat?

    aerial Ace?

    If you had at least said VOLT TACKLE, I might have agreed or let that one slide...but once staraiva evolved into staraptor and learned close combat, along with aerial ace...

    Ugh.

    the new girl better travel with him btw. I want a less akward art QQ
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  13. #3138
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Overused: Having 4 moves at your disposal but only stick to 1

    I can't even remember Staraptor's other moves (-_-), therefore, Brave Bird = Overused
    once again, kindly do research before posting. Quick Attack & Aerial Ace were both used more often then brave bird. Therefore your argument is invalid

  14. #3139
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Like I said I would have liked to see Razor Wind or Sky Attack upgrading Gust or Quick attack definetly I think thats was an error on their part or lazyness not sure, we aren't going to see Heat Wave in a bird unless it learns it naturall imo.

    Well I like Flamethrower I hope Fennekin has it, I like Water Gun, I like Aerial Ace, I like Razor Leaf, does that mean I wouldn't want something new? I would but I like those moves and I have no problem with them being used again, unless its like 3/4 pokemon with the move in the current team.
    I knew Heat Wave was a stretch XD... at that point, Giga Impact would have been nice. Generic Bird like move set is generic in there eyes I assume

    Meh, Flamethrower use to be cool, but almost literally every Fire type to exist on the show has the move. Only Shamus's Heatmor feels original at this point
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  15. #3140
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    When did the thread become a petty argument about one or two moves staraptor may or may not have had?
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  16. #3141
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    When did the thread become a petty argument about one or two moves staraptor may or may not have had?
    No, we've simply turned into ornithological fans. We're talking about the birds in general.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  17. #3142
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    No, we've simply turned into ornithological fans. We're talking about the birds in general.
    I lol'ed and agreed :P
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  18. #3143
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    once again, kindly do research before posting. Quick Attack & Aerial Ace were both used more often then brave bird. Therefore your argument is invalid
    Research like "watching Sinnoh again"?, why would I want to do that damage to myself ?

    I don't remember that other attacks, I only remember Brave Bird abuse since it learned it

    Anyway, Noctowl is the definition of "awesome" Staraptor isn't
    Last edited by Squirtle_007; 11th May 2013 at 10:01 PM.

  19. #3144
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    I don't remember that other attacks, I only remember Brave Bird abuse since it learned it
    Brave Bird was mostly a finisher more than an "overused" attack. It isn't much different than Fire Pledge or Electro Ball.

    Anyway, Noctowl is the definition of "awesome" Staraptor isn't
    That's subjective.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

  20. #3145
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    Research like "watching Sinnoh again"?, why would I want to do that damage to myself ?

    I don't remember that other attacks, I only remember Brave Bird abuse since it learned it
    not my problem your unprepared to put the effort into backing up your claims. If you had bothered to do research you would of realised your completely wrong.

    For the most part Staraptor had the following moveset
    - quick attack
    - aerial ace
    - brave bird
    - close combat.

    so of course each move is going to get used a lot. But that doesn't make brave bird overused, especially since most of the other moves were used more

  21. #3146
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    DE Lewes
    Posts
    729

    Default

    I have the feeling about Ash's new Tiny Robin will be given a better use than Unfazant was

    I hope they pick the basic hair and color for the XY girl, I don't want them to use the darker one that will be like reusing Iris! Just pick the basic one, I want her to be like May but maybe maturer

    My FireRed Champs:


    My HeartGold Team:


    My Black Team:


    My White Team:


    My White 2 Team So Far:


  22. #3147
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    1,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    That's subjective.
    CLASSIC
    - If someone claims that Noctowl is better than Staraptor = Subjective
    - If someone claims that Unfezant is a step down from Staraptor = Undeniable Fact just because Staraptor is God on Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    not my problem your unprepared to put the effort into backing up your claims. If you had bothered to do research you would of realised your completely wrong.

    For the most part Staraptor had the following moveset
    - quick attack
    - aerial ace
    - brave bird
    - close combat.

    so of course each move is going to get used a lot. But that doesn't make brave bird overused, especially since most of the other moves were used more
    And where is your investigation with percentage rates about it?, you just says "research"

  23. #3148
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    When did the thread become a petty argument about one or two moves staraptor may or may not have had?
    This all started because I believe this new bird would be a step up from a rather lackluster Unfezant. Squirtle_007 being the type to think DP never existed (or treating it like a Black Hole for no obvious reason outside of pure unnecessary bias), had to go and make this out to be a mark on his perfect view that Unova is simply flawless and claim Staraptor was a far less unique bird, which from the looks of it, only he believes

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    CLASSIC
    - If someone claims that Noctowl is better than Staraptor = Subjective
    - If someone claims that Unfezant is a step down from Staraptor = Undeniable Fact just because Staraptor is God on Earth
    Exactly like what your doing...so we've reached full circle already ^_^
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

  24. #3149
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kalos Region
    Posts
    1,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    And where is your investigation with percentage rates about it?, you just says "research"
    Haahahahaha, exactly
    No maybe it is observation? :P

    At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

  25. #3150
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mitten State
    Posts
    11,902

    Default

    In Ash's and Paul's first Full Battle, Ash called for Brave Bird only twice, Quick Attack one time, Aerial Ace twice and Close Combat twice... clearly meaning Brave Bird was a non factor. In their second Full Battle, Ash didn't call for Brave Bird once, instead calling for Aerial Ace I believe 3 times (anywhere from 2-4), Quick Attack at least twice (again 2-4) and Close Combat once. These two battles alone prove your wrong and your just using spite because of your clearly defined hatred of a series that brought a majority on the fandom (on and off this site) a new found respect for the show.
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 11th May 2013 at 10:33 PM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Page 126 of 597 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •