Page 144 of 597 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    That's true. But I'm so glad the writers don't always listen to us when it comes to things like this. Cilan and his antics in XY? No thanks.
    Most said the same about brock in sinnoh, hoenn, And even johto, yet he continued his tiring antics...and even much worse and more annoying.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Guys I said one more time....Brock was keep in the show to advertised Kanto in each generation we got Kanto, except for the 5th one...so why he was drop!!!

Gen 2 - Johto is connected to Kanto (Also you can travel their)
    Gen 3 - You can travel to Kanto in the new FRLG (Remakes of the original)
    Gen 4 - Johto is once again via the new remakes HGSS

Brock will always be the first gym leader in Kanto!! So that's why Brock stay for all those regions!!

Ash and Pikachu the main characters, Team Rocket so the new viewers know who was the first bad guys...I guess!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Why would they use Iris? She's almost entirely going to go.
    Why would they use Misty in the Johto Saga? Aren't characters supposed to leave when their story is pretty much done?:

- Misty left after Johto when her sisters had to leave so Misty had to come back to the gym, there wasn't much of a goal there.

- May left after competing in two Grand Festivals & deciding to go to a region where Ash wasn't going to.

- Dawn stayed in Sinnoh to then decide to go to Hoenn. She placed Runner Up in Grand Festival, so she continued to train for the next Grand Festival.

- Now we have Iris, they made her goal a bit more better than Misty's "Type" Master. Her goal was to raise Axew, which is why she set out on a journey in the first place, yet Axew doesn't seem that different since his debut aside from learning a new move & being a little more competent in battling. They promoted Contests in Gen 3 & Gen 4, so it gave them a good reason to use the females of those 2 generations. They decided to promote Contests in Hoenn, so they wrote Misty off. For Sinnoh, they decided to use a different rookie trainer to promote Contests. Contests aren't present in Gen 5, so they wrote off Dawn. Iris has a goal that's much broader, which means she can stay on the cast until she is close to reaching that goal or a side-quest like contests is returning, meaning she will get written off like Misty did.

I personally believe she will stay since I think no side-quest will be available in the Kalos Region that's big enough to dedicate a saga to, unless contests return, which I doubt. I'm basing this off of what we know already, which means they isn't contests or a side-quest big enough in the Kalos Region until proven otherwise. Now, if we were to find such information, then my views would most likely change. It's like for example the SG Krokorok. I didn't believe in it being captured, and my views began to change when we saw it in the ending & got confirmation for it when the title was released for that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Guys I said one more time....Brock was keep in the show to advertised Kanto in each generation we got Kanto, except for the 5th one...so why he was drop!!!

Gen 2 - Johto is connected to Kanto (Also you can travel their)
    Gen 3 - You can travel to Kanto in the new FRLG (Remakes of the original)
    Gen 4 - Johto is once again via the new remakes HGSS

Brock will always be the first gym leader in Kanto!! So that's why Brock stay for all those regions!!

Ash and Pikachu the main characters, Team Rocket so the new viewers know who was the first bad guys...I guess!!
    So are you against them staying for XY or leaving after BW?
    Last edited by KibaLG8; 22nd May 2013 at 12:56 AM.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    So are you against them staying for XY or leaving after BW?
    If only they get character development!!!

TR gotta go, if they are seriously gonna be awesome for once and then regress to the same bull then they gotta leave.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    TR gotta go, if they are seriously gonna be awesome for once and then regress to the same bull then they gotta leave.
    I agree, but it's never gonna happen xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Why would they use Misty in the Johto Saga? Aren't characters supposed to leave when their story is pretty much done?
    You're forgetting one very important thing: Crystal wasn't introduced yet at the time. In Gold and Silver you could use only boys and as such there wasn't a main heroine to promote. If Kris (the character) was introduced earlier then maybe Misty would have been replaced at the beginning of Johto. And I don't think that only because Misty's and Iris's roles are similar she's going to stay in XY.

The anime has shifted into heavy marketing over time and as such value the promotional characters much more than the past ones (bar Ash, since he has basically become the icon of the anime). For this reason (and because it seems that she's being set up for that with Drayden's proposal and Clair), I firmly believe that Iris will go at the end of BW.

Cilan is 50/50, but I can see him staying for XY due to the popularity of his VA and his French attitude. Other than that, he has no real reason to stay, since I doubt they will focus much on his goal.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    You're forgetting one very important thing: Crystal wasn't introduced yet at the time. In Gold and Silver you could use only boys and as such there wasn't a main heroine to promote. If Kris (the character) was introduced earlier then maybe Misty would have been replaced at the beginning of Johto. And I don't think that only because Misty's and Iris's roles are similar she's going to stay in XY.

The anime has shifted into heavy marketing over time and as such value the promotional characters much more than the past ones (bar Ash, since he has basically become the icon of the anime). For this reason (and because it seems that she's being set up for that with Drayden's proposal and Clair), I firmly believe that Iris will go at the end of BW.

Cilan is 50/50, but I can see him staying for XY due to the popularity of his VA and his French attitude. Other than that, he has no real reason to stay, since I doubt they will focus much on his goal.
    I guess in Johto, if they dropped Misty, they could use Casey as the new girl. She was shown a few times, but never got the showtime as Dawn and May.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    I guess in Johto, if they dropped Misty, they could use Casey as the new girl. She was shown a few times, but never got the showtime as Dawn and May.
    They aren't going to replace a game character with an anime-only character, that's one of the reasons Tracey didn't catch on.

Its also obvious Misty stayed for Johto simply because the concept of character replacement hadn't been considered yet. Brock was only switched out because of his eyes, the writers didn't decide to do a real character replacement until they had characters from the games to use.

Speaking of chances that Iris and Cilan stay past BW saga, its in end writers call.They certainly have such option at their disposal being given liberty in forming cast of whatever characters they want for next generation though if this is their intention.Since characters like Iris/Cilan or Misty/Brock are gym leaders in games and not game protagonist like May or Dawn were who represented their respective generations writers have more liberty in transferring less important game characters to other regions not being tied down to on saga so much like their representatives are.
    This is probably on of reasons why Brock withstand axe for so long.

People emphasize too much on game promotion but in order to advertise new games you don't need new characters with writers having liberty when forming cast.Older characters can promote new games through new pokemon just fine as we get to see with Ash,Brock for all this years,Team Rocket etc having marketing value too being possible to promote games through them along with new characters being showed through guest appearances with several game protagonists from main games being ignored. Brendan, Lucas, Leaf, Hilda and many others come to mind.

Why would they use Misty in the Johto Saga? Aren't characters supposed to leave when their story is pretty much done?:

- Misty left after Johto when her sisters had to leave so Misty had to come back to the gym, there wasn't much of a goal there.
    You do realize that Misty would have lasted only for 130 episodes if she was replaced before Johto? If anything her leaving so early would've deprive character from any chance for some substantial growth and build up on story at that point. Which while wasn't enough in Johto and chronicles was still more than amount of growth she got in Kanto.

Nevertheless back than formula of character replacing wasn't established yet with writers originally intending to keep Misty along with Brock as permanent traveling companions on Ash side until they changed their mind when congests came out finding more suitable for game protagonist from games to be included for their promotion.

Which resulted in character ending ditched without being finished job about him.Considering how Misty goal of becoming water master(which has very little to do with gym as Whirl Cup showed),desire to learn everything she can etc were left unresolved not coming to significant realization which will help her achieve her goal with chronicles not showing any further progress with plots of story being made.On top of that many thins in story,about character past,motives were left unanswered with things speaking for themselves.

But that's beside the point because even if writers wrap up certain plots going for character with his initial storyline coming to an end(in this case Iris or Cilan), there is nothing stopping them in doing sequel to his story, continuing from where they stopped. By taking character in new directions advancing further his own goals and evolving as person/trainer, introducing new obstacles put in front of them having to learn on mistakes and how to overcome them along with being revealed more about their past bringing up things they forgot to include first time around.

In narrative its always possible to continue fleshing out character, adding new traits to him becoming more deep, along with building on his journey through new subplots and challenges.

Which brings us to conclusion how from story standpoint Iris, Cilan, or just about any past companion whether its may, Misty, Brock etc can return and get further developed in case writers decide to do so.
    So yes i believe Iris or Cilan could continue to next region if writing staff decide to tweak formula and cut down on constant cast cycling.

I'll only be okay with Iris staying if she becomes the 3rd or 4th wheel character in xy, while the xy female protagonist becomes the new main girl. That'll never happen though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Two Main girls in one grope! I really want to see if the XY girl is older than Ash and will serve as the Brock/Cilan of this show The first Female Brock-like Character in the series.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Two Main girls in one grope! I really want to see if the XY girl is older than Ash and will serve as the Brock/Cilan of this show The first Female Brock-like Character in the series.
    I would actually like that for a change. Plus, I can't wait to see what other kind of pokemon they will make. Please make some more cute ones! And more dragons! I love dragon pokemon.(Except for Dragonites. Those ran me into the ground)

My ideal battle ever!

Eleccion de Ash en XY
    I bet these Pokemon Ash captured in XY
    ((water) (fire)) Fennekin and Froakie be your choice of region
    ((Plant) nesecitara Gogoat as one transport and is iconic of the region
    ((flown / Normal) Fletchling the typical bird pokemon choiceaSHxy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Grope...hehe *that's naughty*

Anyway, writers likely won't give Ash the luxury of traveling with two female companions
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Here's to hoping contests return
    Here's to hoping ash gets two starters MAX!
    Here's to hoping Pikachu isn't reset in power!
    Here's to hoping ash brings some reserves for the first few episodes!
    Here's to me shutting up haha xD
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Here's to hoping contests return
    Here's to hoping some kind of other competition returns.

Here's to hoping ash gets two starters MAX!
    Here's to hoping Ash gets none.

Here's to hoping ash brings some reserves for the first few episodes!
    Here's to hoping his XY reserves has more personality.

Here's to hoping Pikachu isn't reset in power!
    Here's to hoping Pikachu gets lost in the first three episodes.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Here's to hoping some kind of other competition returns.

Here's to hoping Ash gets none.

Here's to hoping his XY reserves has more personality.

Here's to hoping Pikachu gets lost in the first three episodes.
    I'm hoping Ash gets at least Froakie. I hope they get creative with the story of X and Y starting. AG and DP were at least interesting. Not that Zekrom wasn't, but looking back now without it amounting to anything, it seems so forced

At least with AG we see Ash on his own and Pikachu's electricity becoming a problem. And in DP we're introduced to Dawn and Paul

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Yes!! My dreams of this new saga being a little dark (ala DP) may happen since the games were rated PG!!

Give us a cruel hunter like J and a cruel back story on Froakie...and I will be happy!!!

Add serious TR to the list!! :3

I'm willing to bet that Iris won't make it past Black and White.

Cilan's far more likely to stay, even though he's kind of one-dimensional and has a really vague goal, with XY being based in France, they'd probably be able to give him a more suitable role there. Personally, I'm hoping he doesn't stay. I just can't like him.

What if Cilan leaves at the end of BW, but Ash encounters him in the Kalos region(that's the correct name right?) within a few episodes like Brock in Hoenn? But it's a coincedence because Cilan wanted to explore that region to strengthen his Conisseur skills and learn some French puns

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by pikaryan View Post
    I'm willing to bet that Iris won't make it past Black and White.

Cilan's far more likely to stay, even though he's kind of one-dimensional and has a really vague goal, with XY being based in France, they'd probably be able to give him a more suitable role there. Personally, I'm hoping he doesn't stay. I just can't like him.
    I agree especially when the episodes titles were shown..i think Iris is going to leave shown but i am not sure about Cilan...

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Yes!! My dreams of this new saga being a little dark (ala DP) may happen since the games were rated PG!!

Give us a cruel hunter like J and a cruel back story on Froakie...and I will be happy!!!

Add serious TR to the list!! :3
    Wait wasn't Gen 5 PG?

Honestly i believe they will both leave maybe iris decides she wants to challenge the gyms of unova herself (to fit in with the games), Cilan just has no reason to stay, his french looking outfit won't even help him. I don't want to see cilan rot in kalos, i mean he's done nothing, they could have atleast raised him a rank or demoted him so he had to try harder how does he even go up a rank to be honest. I believe that we'll get two new people, i also believe they'll keep up with the multi diverse cast and have someone of brock or iris' skin colour probably.

Quote Originally Posted by croagunk22 View Post
    Honestly i believe they will both leave maybe iris decides she wants to challenge the gyms of unova herself (to fit in with the games), Cilan just has no reason to stay, his french looking outfit won't even help him. I don't want to see cilan rot in kalos, i mean he's done nothing, they could have atleast raised him a rank or demoted him so he had to try harder how does he even go up a rank to be honest. I believe that we'll get two new people, i also believe they'll keep up with the multi diverse cast and have someone of brock or iris' skin colour probably.
    I would like to see Ash's Rival travel with Ash this time in the anime..that would be cool..as long as he is not like Paul

Page 144 of 597 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244 ... LastLast