Page 170 of 597 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #4226
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Portland, ORUSA
    Posts
    2,970

    Default

    Since Jigglypuff is confirmed a Fairy-type, and since they hyped it up in the recent reveals, we can assume it will be in the XY Pokedex. I wonder if our singing friend will make a triumphant return to the Anime as well?

    Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

    This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

  2. #4227
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Since Jigglypuff is confirmed a Fairy-type, and since they hyped it up in the recent reveals, we can assume it will be in the XY Pokedex. I wonder if our singing friend will make a triumphant return to the Anime as well?
    We haven't heard from that little pink cutie since the Hoenn episode "A Pokeblock Party", so the writers pulling this move on us would be something we wouldn't see coming. I really missed Jigglypuff cos the scenes where it drew on people's faces made me laugh.

    But yeah, maybe she might make a shock comeback as a way to showcase the Fairy-types more.

  3. #4228
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    I think they were just showing popular pokemon that will be fairy Types. Like snubull might be one too, but it really isn't extremely marketable.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  4. #4229
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Since Jigglypuff is confirmed a Fairy-type, and since they hyped it up in the recent reveals, we can assume it will be in the XY Pokedex. I wonder if our singing friend will make a triumphant return to the Anime as well?
    Doesn't it belong to a little girl in Hoenn now? plus how would she go to France?

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    I think they were just showing popular pokemon that will be fairy Types. Like snubull might be one too, but it really isn't extremely marketable.
    It was just examples of old pokemon, just that.

  5. #4230
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,052

    Default

    As far as new companion goes Sana and Yvonne look like interesting companions, so does overweight guy. Though im personally pretty indifferent on who is going to join cast and if any since im aware how sad destiny is more than likely waiting them too ending replaced and abandoned after few years anyway with unfinished stories going way of previous companions. Instead of utilizing their potential and investing more in those we like and follow to succeed in their aims.

    Although i do like someone else idea of this characters being part of alternate traveling group which bumps into Ash and co over time leading to build of rivalry, clash and various type of dynamics you could explore from this. But have someone Ash and others would want to catch up and succeed in beating leading toward potentially something new, unseen before and interesting for change.

    I would definitely like such idea living up to see it come reality in Kalos region.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    Another thing I missed from AG and DP. I liked how contests were the alternative storylines to gyms and it was fun for me to watch those side by side. I mean I don't doubt that if there's not an additional side quest that they can figure something out for the female companion. At the same time, I enjoyed the concept of having another character besides Ash collect something and competing for a final tournament in the end.
    I liked concept of contests as well, feeling fresh. Especially during AG saga introducing new, unseen way of utilizing pokemon in battles and have someone grow forward. Especially measure system through judges and points requiring more than just battling to succeed in every competition.

    So with that in mind i wouldn't be oppose to next female having some sort of on going quest as well.

    Although im not against female sidekicks either. As long they receive quality and reasonable amount of growth learning and gaining something feeling like something was accomplished bringing them closer toward their dream, destination. Considering we can see them battle, grow emotionally and compete in events depending on what their goal entails and how abundant pokemon they choose to use globally speaking is.

    If anything i feel sidekicks can be sometimes more interesting than protagonist since they can often be depicted in more imperfect manner having many flaws and admirable quirks, not falling under typical stereotype genre main heroes usually fall into.Probably why out of females first one is still my favorite.

    Either way whatever happens ill be fine with it, and in case Ash gets another water starter(Froakie) i hope pattern will be broke for once allowing to have evolved powehouse in form of water pokemon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buechs44 View Post
    Unless said female companion has a quest ala May and Dawn. They each got six for that reason
    Well Misty had 6 in her team as well, although show followed different standards back than.

    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerTyler View Post
    Bring back older characters if it will work with plot. The girl coming back ever arc feels so forced and would rather we just get characters coming back if it works with the plot but are not the main focus.)

    These things could truly make X and Y amazing
    I agree on almost all points, but especially on this one. I think bringing back fan favorites(like Misty, May, Brock, maybe Max etc)for XY region but any possible future one too when they could help advance current plot and help move story forward, while getting some more growth themselves tying them within current story would be fresh, innovative twist brought to pokemon series. Since it would preserve older friends alive in some form, have them infiltrate among new characters exploring on different dynamic and have them updated and in action doing new things.

    Which would bring more continuity in show, connections to history, add more substance to story and higher ratings with people appreciating such things.Rather than leaving them rot forgotten and unfinished never to be seen again.

  6. #4231
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    I'm interested how Ash will get to the starter town. As I saw it the starter town is the most south town in Kalos or is it the coast town!?

    He could arrive by boat but he should have a reason to go to Vaniville town. Cause other way he could come to either town.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  7. #4232
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    I'm interested how Ash will get to the starter town. As I saw it the starter town is the most south town in Kalos or is it the coast town!?

    He could arrive by boat but he should have a reason to go to Vaniville town. Cause other way he could come to either town.
    They will definitely think of something for it, don't worry.

    I think whoever gets froakie will for sure be fully evolving, even Ash. It clearly is the least marketable of the starting forms, and it looks like it will have the most serious demeanor of the three.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  8. #4233
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    They will definitely think of something for it, don't worry.

    I think whoever gets froakie will for sure be fully evolving, even Ash. It clearly is the least marketable of the starting forms, and it looks like it will have the most serious demeanor of the three.
    Frogs can be considered famous in Japan...Keroro Gunso.

    It's one of the popular anime I think (IDK the rankings).

    Note: The anime ran for seven years and stopped only because of the 2011 earthquake.

    So don't hold your breaths on Froakie evolving and don't assume it's the least marketable because I can see the opposite happening.

    Cuteness doesn't matter always!

    /Trololol End.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 14th June 2013 at 2:11 PM.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  9. #4234
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,925

    Default

    Personally, there should be group of four with Ash, Tierno, Trevor and Shauna. Maybe add Serena for a five man band like on Power Rangers.

  10. #4235
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    I'm really more and more into that 4-er group Ash + these 3 newebies. Only the new girl should have a goal as well. But that would mean the 3 of them getting all the starter what wouldn't be an issue for me either.

    Tierno could get Chespin, Shouna Fennekin and Trevor Froakie. The only issue would be Froakie not getting final stage with Trevor's goal.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  11. #4236
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,880

    Default

    So it seems like Viola uses the whole Vavillion line it shouldn't be too difficult for him I could see Pikachu or Fletchling sweeping two of her Pokemon before losing to Vavillion

  12. #4237
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,804

    Default

    I think Ash/Yvonne/Brock or Fat guy would make an awesome group.

  13. #4238
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I think Ash/Yvonne/Brock or Fat guy would make an awesome group.
    Her name is Serena not Yvonne!

    Four man group sounds fun at first, but uh, remember how Cilan's team remained the same since BW "Whenever Crustle evolved from Ishizumai (god I forgot the English name...that's a first)". How can they handle four teams when they can't do it with three??

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  14. #4239
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Her name is Serena not Yvonne!
    Her name is only Serena when she is a rival. When you pick her as a playable character her default name is Yvonne.

  15. #4240
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    Her name is only Serena when she is a rival. When you pick her as a playable character her default name is Yvonne.
    Probably one of her names is Yvonee. That would make Serena the preferred name aye?

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  16. #4241
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    221b Baker Street
    Posts
    11,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Personally, there should be group of four with Ash, Tierno, Trevor and Shauna. Maybe add Serena for a five man band like on Power Rangers.
    I don't get why people want this. given how little development some people/pokemon get when there's just three cast members why would they want more?

  17. #4242
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Probably one of her names is Yvonee. That would make Serena the preferred name aye?
    Nope. This screenshot was released earlier this week and suggests that the default names of the characters are Xavier and Yvonne. Now if you look at this screenshot which got released today, you can see the player is addressed as Xavier and not as Calem. This means the default names are indeed Xavier and Yvonne which also means that as protagonist she should be referred to as Yvonne and not Seranna. The anime will probably do the same if she ends up travelling with Ash. Why she has a different name as a rival? I don't know, but that's how things are.

  18. #4243
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I don't get why people want this. given how little development some people/pokemon get when there's just three cast members why would they want more?
    Well I've been pulling for a single member group for a long time, but apparently that's not good enough either.

  19. #4244
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Now that we know a little more on their roles in the games, maybe the cast for this anime can go like this:

    Ash (Main Protagonist): obviously
    Serena (Main Rival): "A passion to become a powerful trainer" from the site sounds like rival material to me. It'd be great to see Ash with another female rival and hopefully she'll be his main one.
    Shauna (Female Companion): I don't know exactly what she'll do or if she might end up being a rival in the games, but at the moment though she seems like someone who can be Ash's Female Companion.
    Tierno (Male Companion): Pokemon Dance team...well that settles it, Tierno has a good chance of being Ash's Male Companion. Hopefully his goal is translated into the anime.
    Trevor (Other Main Rival): Strives to collect pokemon for his pokedex, I think she seems to be more of a rival so I can see him being Ash's second rival after Yvonne.

    I'm excited to hear that Tierno wants to have a pokemon dance team. I think out of the males that have traveled with Ash, I can see Tierno with more pokemon than 3. Why? Well depending on what a dance team looks like in the games, I think it'd be easier to incorporate more than 3 pokemon and have all of them get decent screentime. Because if you think about it, if you're training pokemon to be a dance team of some sorts, you'd want them to be trained at the same time for in sync purposes. I think this whole dance thing might have potential. Hopefully there's some side challenge thing that becomes Shauna's eventual goal so we could also potentially see that for the anime.
    Last edited by Ash6K; 14th June 2013 at 4:18 PM.

  20. #4245
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    My house xD
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Ash/Shauna/Tierno would be an amazing group imo. Serena as one of Ash's main rivals would be sweet too. I could see Sylveon being one of her main Pokemon... Trevor is more of a wildcard, I think if they have a 4-man group I'd like to see that, and have Trevor take on the Max-like role. But then again, Trevor is a Trainer so he'd have Pokemon and more Pokemon to balance on the cast is obviously not something the writers are good at (see the entire Best Wishes rotation situation... and the lack of development on our supporting cast's teams).

    Ash~
    Pikachu
    Chespin
    Talonflame
    ???
    ???
    ???

    Shauna~
    Fennekin
    Jigglypuff/Marill (an old Pokemon to advertise its addition of Fairy type)
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

    Tierno~
    Froakie
    Pancham
    Litleo
    ???
    ???
    ???

    Off-topic: on the argument of preferred names, it always goes with what their name is in-game when you can't choose it. If the characters names are Serena and Calem in-game, that is what they should be referred as, right? We call Brendan & May that because of their rival names, not the names that are suggested to use as our name when we choose them as a player character... so I'm going to go with Serena/Calem tbh.
    X Team:

    Y Team:

    OR Team:

  21. #4246
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    Now that we know a little more on their roles in the games, maybe the cast for this anime can go like this:

    Ash (Main Protagonist): obviously
    Serena (Main Rival): "A passion to become a powerful trainer" from the site sounds like rival material to me. It'd be great to see Ash with another female rival and hopefully she'll be his main one.
    Shauna (Female Companion): I don't know exactly what she'll do or if she might end up being a rival in the games, but at the moment though she seems like someone who can be Ash's Female Companion.
    Tierno (Male Companion): Pokemon Dance team...well that settles it, Tierno has a good chance of being Ash's Male Companion. Hopefully his goal is translated into the anime.
    Trevor (Other Main Rival): Strives to collect pokemon for his pokedex, I think she seems to be more of a rival so I can see him being Ash's second rival after Yvonne.

    I'm excited to hear that Tierno wants to have a pokemon dance team. I think out of the males that have traveled with Ash, I can see Tierno with more pokemon than 3. Why? Well depending on what a dance team looks like in the games, I think it'd be easier to incorporate more than 3 pokemon and have all of them get decent screentime. Because if you think about it, if you're training pokemon to be a dance team of some sorts, you'd want them to be trained at the same time for in sync purposes. I think this whole dance thing might have potential. Hopefully there's some side challenge thing that becomes Shauna's eventual goal so we could also potentially see that for the anime.
    I'm so hyped!! Shauna. *_*

    Shauna needs to be Ash's female companion in X & Y anime and hopefully Serena his rival.

    A group of 4 could work, I mean it worked in Hoenn, Max didn't have a Pokémon but so what? he was developed well IMO. I see people are already critizicing without even knowing if this trio will be Ash's companions.

    At least I know basing on descriptions that Tierno and Trevor will be less annoying than Cilan. XD yay for dance moves!
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 14th June 2013 at 4:43 PM.

  22. #4247
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johno1995 View Post
    Ash/Shauna/Tierno would be an amazing group imo. Serena as one of Ash's main rivals would be sweet too. I could see Sylveon being one of her main Pokemon... Trevor is more of a wildcard, I think if they have a 4-man group I'd like to see that, and have Trevor take on the Max-like role. But then again, Trevor is a Trainer so he'd have Pokemon and more Pokemon to balance on the cast is obviously not something the writers are good at (see the entire Best Wishes rotation situation... and the lack of development on our supporting cast's teams).

    Ash~
    Pikachu
    Chespin
    Talonflame
    ???
    ???
    ???

    Shauna~
    Fennekin
    Jigglypuff/Marill (an old Pokemon to advertise its addition of Fairy type)
    ???
    ???
    ???
    ???

    Tierno~
    Froakie
    Pancham
    Litleo
    ???
    ???
    ???

    Off-topic: on the argument of preferred names, it always goes with what their name is in-game when you can't choose it. If the characters names are Serena and Calem in-game, that is what they should be referred as, right? We call Brendan & May that because of their rival names, not the names that are suggested to use as our name when we choose them as a player character... so I'm going to go with Serena/Calem tbh.

    This is why I want Ash with all three, because I'm tired of seeing posts like these where he ONLY gets Chespin. I like Chespin, but it is the worst choice to give him of three, if he ONLY gets Chespin.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  23. #4248
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    My house xD
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    This is why I want Ash with all three, because I'm tired of seeing posts like these where he ONLY gets Chespin. I like Chespin, but it is the worst choice to give him of three, if he ONLY gets Chespin.
    IMO, if you have all three starters it's least likely to have a well-developed team (see Kanto, Johto and Unova).

    AG and DP had a good spread, especially DP... plus it gives him a more unique team. I just don't want another BW. Though I could see either Froakie or Chespin working with Ash, the reason I gave Chespin to Ash because he always gets the Grass starter no matter the region.

    Chespin would go good with Tierno too though, just because of his dancing goal and I could see Chespin playing the cute Oshawott/Piplup role, being a main dancer for Tierno's team. Froakie made more sense for Tierno though, since there's been emphasis on its jumping abilities, which is why I ultimately decided on Chespin for Ash and Froakie for Tierno. But either or, would work.

    Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    Since Jigglypuff is confirmed a Fairy-type, and since they hyped it up in the recent reveals, we can assume it will be in the XY Pokedex. I wonder if our singing friend will make a triumphant return to the Anime as well?
    Bump out Team Rocket, work on character/Pokemon development, bring back Jigglypuff, and I'd be a happy fan

    I could see it working -- or even having someone catch a Jigglypuff to advertise the new Fairy-typing (it doesn't have to be THE Jigglypuff, but then again that would be a good way for the writers to advertise like they did with bringing back Ash's Charizard) -- just because Jiggs is such a marketable/popular Pokemon.
    Last edited by johno1995; 14th June 2013 at 4:53 PM.
    X Team:

    Y Team:

    OR Team:

  24. #4249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ash6K View Post
    Trevor (Other Main Rival): Strives to collect pokemon for his pokedex, I think she seems to be more of a rival so I can see him being Ash's second rival after Yvonne.
    Shocking News: Trevor is a guy with a boy's name.

    Palutena believes there is no such thing as personal space. ~Made by yours truly~
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris / 3DS FC: Ask / Normal Safari: Audino, Smeargle, Lillipup
    Youtube Channel - Mario Kart 8

  25. #4250
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,091

    Default

    Tierno and Shauna would make PERFECT travelling companions to Ash - they're unique, special and will provide good story lines.

    Good bye Iris and Dento. You and your region won't be missed.

Page 170 of 597 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •