Page 178 of 597 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

I really want a new cast in XY saga but now that I think about it Cilan can stay....if he goes Ash lose all his knowledge (well the little he got in unova)

what?
    Brock travel with him from kanto through sinnoh that's what help him keep his knowledge in battle (in the orange island he keep misty)
    But when he travel alone in unova he lost all this knowledge since no one was there to remember him about his travels

So Brock and Misty are Gnosis!! xD

The thing I really missed in BW are all those great E4 characters we never saw ! DP showed them of so great! SO I LOVED TO PLAY THE GAMES AGAIN!

Shountal and Marshal and the 4th guy never appeared. Hopefully in XY they all get decent appereances!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

I guess the writers don't want characters to travel with Ash for two regions anymore. Much like Dawn was only here for Sinnoh, it seems Iris/Cilan are only here for Unova. (And yes, the Da! Islands are still Unova)

May and Max were really the last characters to get more than one journey with Ash, as they stayed for the Kanto Battle Frontier. I guess AG was the last time we expected travel companions to continue for more than one arc.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I guess the writers don't want characters to travel with Ash for two regions anymore. Much like Dawn was only here for Sinnoh, it seems Iris/Cilan are only here for Unova. (And yes, the Da! Islands are still Unova)

May and Max were really the last characters to get more than one journey with Ash, as they stayed for the Kanto Battle Frontier. I guess AG was the last time we expected travel companions to continue for more than one arc.
    ...Battle Frontier can also be considered a part of AG too.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I hope Sana will join Ash's Group as XY anime begins. I just find her likable and she seems to have good personality and can grow more as the journey progresses.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Your link is broken. Here's a link to the translated article where it says that they initially planned two third version but then opted for sequels in order to give us something fresh.
    ... Damn forum censors. :P

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

Yah, they just want to advertise in the anime these days, maybe thats for the best though now, some characters I just can't stand to the point I'm glad they do this.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Honestly, I can see Ash, Cilan, and Shauna traveling together just fine.

With one's goal being a Pokemon Master and the other being an S-Rank Pokemon Connoisseur. Shauna could learn a lot formt hose two and see what she will do in the future.

Serena could be going for gyms and be Ash's main rival in the region. While she's a new trainer, they can justify it with that she trained a lot with the family Rhyhorn and has battle experience. Trevor could also go for gym battles but be considered a secondary rival, as in the anime, the whole Pokedex goal he has can be easily converted into wanting to be a Pokémon Professor/Researcher or something to that effect. Tierno can do gyms but could basically be considered the Bianca of XY where he barely battles Ash but gets a lot of screen time with his dancing aspirations. He could be a friendly rival to Ash and Shauna. For Cilan's rival, Burgundy, still having that revenge plan against him, gets furious he left Unova before she could beat him, decides to travel around Kalos as well.

So we have,

Main Group
    - Ash
    - Cilan
    - Shauna

The Rivals
    - Serena (Ash's Primary)
    - Trevor (Shauna's Primary and Ash's Secondary)
    - Tierno (Friendly rival to Ash, Cilan, and Shauna)
    - Burgundy (Cilan's Primary)

Now if contests return, then Jessie could be a rival to whomever takes them up, whether it's Shauna or Cilan. If there is some kind of dancing competition at a certain point, James could enter against Tierno with his Mime Jr., if he gets it back after BW.

In the case of the Pokemon revealed so far,

Ash
    1. Pikachu
    2. Dunsparce (If has Normal/Fairy evolution)
    3. Fletchling
    4. Chespin
    5. Froakie
    6. Psychic, Ghost, or Steel Type

Cilan
    1. Pansage
    2. Crustle
    3. Stunfisk
    4. Litleo
    5. 6th Gen Dual Grass-Type
    6. ???

Shauna
    1. Fenekkin
    2. Pancham
    3. ???
    4. ???
    5. ???
    6. ???
    -

Serena
    1. Fennekin
    2-6: ???

Trevor
    1. Chespin
    2. Clauncher
    3-6: ???

Tierno
    1. Helioptile (Only three starters available, was the last to show within the four friends)
    2. Vivillon
    3-6: ???

Burgundy
    1. Dewott
    2. Darmanitan
    3-6. ???
    (Leaves Stoutland and Sawsbuck at home)

Jessie
    1. Woobat
    2. Frillish
    3. Seviper
    4. Wobbuffet
    5. Yanmega

James
    1. Yamask
    2. Amoonguss
    3. Carnivine
    4. Mime Jr.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    Cilan needs to leave as BW ends, if they didn't develop him enough in BW I doubt they will do anything with him in X & Y other than being stale and boring. Most of his episodes thru BW are so filler and worthless.

New companions for Ash = a fresh start for 6 gen anime.
    I actually agree with you. Cilan just didn't develop much in BW, and I don't think that would change in the next saga. He was obviously planned as more of a comedic relief character when BW started anyway, but now that funny Team Rocket is back, he isn't all-that necessary any more in my humble and unbiased opinion. I at least hope that he gets some development in the last few episodes of DA. He needs some closure just like Iris does; I wouldn't want him to leave without that first.

Although to be completely honest, a real fresh start cannot happen unless Ash stops being the main character. Unfortunately, I think it's practically confirmed that he's here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Nope. They literally did not think of making sequels until that late. There's concept art of Hilda participating in Pokestar, so they apparently didn't have a protagonist change planned before that, either.
    Ahh okay then. Well there goes back to the age theory, which if that's the case, I already mentioned that the female characters look fine in terms of age to be acceptable traveling companions.

I really do hope they use these game characters as opposed to doing anime made characters. I think the games' own storylines can help give structure and focus for the anime that I think may be needed for better development.

Ash

Pikachu:
    Thunderbolt
    Gen 6 Electric Move
    Quick Attack
    Iron Tail

Fennekin:
    Flamethrower
    Confusion(Psychic if it evolves)
    Gen 6 move
    Tackle

Froakie:
    Bubblebeam
    Ice Punch
    gen 6 Move
    Mud sport

Talonflame:
    Brave Bird
    Flare Blitz
    Aerial Ace
    Insert gen 6 move here

Serena

Chespin:
    Rollout
    Razor Leaf
    Gen 6 Move
    Headbutt

Vivillion:
    Struggle Bug
    Silver Wind
    Gust
    Gen 6 Move

Sylveon:
    Moon blast
    Shadow Ball
    Gen 6 move
    Gen 6 move.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Although to be completely honest, a real fresh start cannot happen unless Ash stops being the main character. FORTUNATELY, I think it's practically confirmed that he's here to stay.
    Fixed that for you... seriously, Ash leaving without becoming a Pokemon Master would be the only reason I'd stop watching the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Fixed that for you... seriously, Ash leaving without becoming a Pokemon Master would be the only reason I'd stop watching the anime.
    Hypothetically, looking at Ash's progress, he probably won't reach that until 2030+ I would assume becoming Champion of a Elite equals that status but I don't want to in my 30's & is still "aiming to become a Pokemon Master". Taking this long is already making me want to stop watching the show, so make Ash have some progress or bring in someone new.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Why are people even putting a time table on when ash would leave? He isn't going anywhere As long as the anime is on, which will be until the games stop being made, which might not be for 100+ years for all we know. The creator even said it himself. If you don't like ash anymore, you may as well just stop watching now. Even though a new main character would just be another naive, starting out kid trainer too.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Why are people even putting a time table on when ash would leave? He isn't going anywhere As long as the anime is on, which will be until the games stop being made, which might not be for 100+ years for all we know. The creator even said it himself. If you don't like ash anymore, you may as well just stop watching now. Even though a new main character would just be another naive, starting out kid trainer too.
    Exactly. The new main character won't be better than Ash at all. It will be like watching OS all over again. Heck, we'll get someone like Cameron because he has every quality a shonen hero needs. Pseudo noob > complete noob.

Besides I don't think they can easily kick Rica Matsumoto. :x Seeing how the VA seem to have some influence on the production team (TR)
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 19th June 2013 at 3:08 PM.

<--My tumblr

\

People want Ash to finally become a Master cause it's a bid boring to constantly watch him fail, especially in BW. So people want him to finally become a Master and we need fresh blood on the show. Pikachu got a bit odd aswell!
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

I really hope Helioptile doesn't make it onto the main cast. I mean, just look at how awful the one in the upcoming episode looks! I'm not sure I could handle seeing that sock puppet regularly..

In fact on Ash's team alone, so far I could only truely appreciate Froakie, Talonflame and Pancham.. Others like Litleo, Clauncher, Fennekin and Chespin would be acceptable, but I wouldn't appreciate them..

Quote Originally Posted by Eneci View Post
    People want Ash to finally become a Master cause it's a bid boring to constantly watch him fail, especially in BW. So people want him to finally become a Master and we need fresh blood on the show. Pikachu got a bit odd aswell!
    That's what people (people who have been watching since first gen) want. Those people aren't the majority and easily the minority, with kids and people new to pokemon as the show's main demo.

And again, if they brought in a new main character, it wouldn't be like some mature hardcore 20 year old loose cannon pokemon master like it seems people assume. It would be another kid like ash, but probably even more noobish. Be careful what you wish for.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

I really hope Helioptile doesn't make it onto the main cast. I mean, just look at how awful the one in the upcoming episode looks! I'm not sure I could handle seeing that sock puppet regularly..

In fact on Ash's team alone, so far I could only truely appreciate Froakie, Talonflame and Pancham.. Others like Litleo, Clauncher, Fennekin and Chespin would be acceptable, but I wouldn't appreciate them..
    Are going to take opinion as facts as usual? I think its cute, what now the writers have to decide between me and you? no they don't, if the trend continues the new Pikachu will belong to someone and thenw e can have a stunfisk belong to someone else(aka a diferent electric type) and Helioptile being cute it can happen, regardless of that we don't have much of the dex revealed.

And no I'm not a Helioptile blind fan, I'm just making a point, its not even in my top 5 of the currently revealed pokemon, I like most of them actually more than it.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 19th June 2013 at 3:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

Let me guess...
    the starter you like the most is Froakie -__-..

And I would be happy IF Yvonne would be traveling with ash and Cilan.
    The first blond one and you all just ignore her :'(
    Last edited by Bariokie; 19th June 2013 at 3:43 PM.

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    That's what people (people who have been watching since first gen) want. Those people aren't the majority and easily the minority, with kids and people new to pokemon as the show's main demo.

And again, if they brought in a new main character, it wouldn't be like some mature hardcore 20 year old loose cannon pokemon master like it seems people assume. It would be another kid like ash, but probably even more noobish. Be careful what you wish for.
    It would make more sense than regressing as if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    It would make more sense than regressing as if anything.
    Not to me. Watching new protagonists being added to anime endlessly failing at accomplishing or coming close toward their dreams, acting like typical shounen hero and carrying around Pikachu (hes main mascot, no way they are getting rid of it) would be much more worse and incredibly stale in my opinion compared to whats happening now.

Issue in this show aren't characters nor they are standing in way of anime advancing and becoming more creatively written, but writers themselves. So unless they put their heads together starting to put more effort in their creation telling more attractive story no matter who comes in this show things will remain same.

Not to mention with Ash there exist background and predisposition to grow forward as trainer going through more substantial growth. For start he hasn't won a league yet,concept of champion league which was for first time brought in DP has been relatively unexplored and Ash never officially challenged E4 and champion.

From character point Ash is still quite brash and impulsive having several flaws which are standing on his way of achieving his goal rushing into things without thinking,having problems in utilizing power of his pokemon to their true potential,being at times overconfident overestimating his abilities as trainer costing him matches in process etc. Which was showed to be case at times even in DP with crushing defeats against Palmer, Flint and Bertha showing he is still far from elite strength having room left to grow. Never mind unexplored backstory being ironic how little we know about his past.

Furthermore we don't know what other steps someone may need to accomplish after winning league or battling E4 with whole concept of pokemon master goal being for large part still undefined with little clearer picture not being given until recently in Sinnoh. And writers could certainly create other side quests(some sort of master league) as final step on his road of coming close toward ultimate dream. Which would be fitting for grand finale.

So while way Ash is being treated currently saddens me, because i care and still like his character i want him to continue in XY saga and possible future ones until writers do some more notable steps with his story and do justice to character deserving to leave on high note. And that's certainly not the case now.

Comparatively i also want that writers tie up loose ends and unfinished things about past companions like Misty, May, Brock etc having potential to offer more and be given one last hurrah before anime truly comes top an end. Something which has chance top happen as long ASh is main character still being set in same timeline and universe.
    Regardless of how messed it may seem.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 19th June 2013 at 4:16 PM.

Sinnoh was what really killed any hopes of Ash ever winning. Doesn't anyone think it even slightly odd that the one time Ash actually had a good chance of winning the whole thing, some random guy is introduced who presumably uses an entire team of legendaries? Because of that I conjecture that in Kalos, Ash will use Reserves and go back to T4.

Ash is getting a haircut before going to Kalos. I'm positive about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    Ash is getting a haircut before going to Kalos. I'm positive about it.
    No, he's gonna shave. He'll look badass without a hat and a clean shaved head. Pikachu will sit on the top :S

<--My tumblr

\

Page 178 of 597 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast