Page 179 of 597 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

I don't want to see Ash getting replaced. It would be like watching Best Wishes again

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    No, he's gonna shave. He'll look badass without a hat and a clean shaved head. Pikachu will sit on the top :S
    Definitely not, it's not stylish enough for Kalos, which is basically France, and with the introduction of character customization and stuff... Delia is probably gonna be like '' Oh dear you're going to Kalos I will not let you leave without a new hairdo and fab clothes '' but I guess Ash's boyish attitude and ego will just make him run away before Delia can do anything and she'll be like '' OH MY WELL THAT'S MY BOY! '' and that's how Pokemon X&Y starts. And then Ash's style becomes a gag in Kalos and thus the anime having less gag characters, only designed to be '' funny '' because Ash already is one.

This prediction is spot on.

If the player characters end up having main/recurring roles in the anime i wonder If customisation will play a factor in there appearances. maybe they can change clothes every so often. Or even hair style/colour

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    If the player characters end up having main/recurring roles in the anime i wonder If customisation will play a factor in there appearances. maybe they can change clothes every so often. Or even hair style/colour
    This isn't Sakura Card Captors.

Also, Ash doing fashion changes is too OOC of him because "itz nut pokeymon stoof", but as for the others...

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    This isn't Sakura Card Captors.

Also, Ash doing fashion changes is too OOC of him because "itz nut pokeymon stoof", but as for the others...
    He can't do new things? That shouldn't make him OOC for doing something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    Definitely not, it's not stylish enough for Kalos, which is basically France, and with the introduction of character customization and stuff... Delia is probably gonna be like '' Oh dear you're going to Kalos I will not let you leave without a new hairdo and fab clothes '' but I guess Ash's boyish attitude and ego will just make him run away before Delia can do anything and she'll be like '' OH MY WELL THAT'S MY BOY! '' and that's how Pokemon X&Y starts. And then Ash's style becomes a gag in Kalos and thus the anime having less gag characters, only designed to be '' funny '' because Ash already is one.

This prediction is spot on.
    Ash is a country boy. If you hear his Japanese voice acting in a few scenes, the stuff he does are really funny like when he tries to Dance in the Twinleaf festival. (Dawn sweatdrops when sees his dance.) He doesn't think about superficial stuff. He doesn't care if he looks like a total idiot, he does what he loves until someone like Trip or Paul insults him :P

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Ideals View Post
    He can't do new things? That shouldn't make him OOC for doing something new.
    Well, he did take on Lucas' winter clothes during Sinnoh, so...

Let's not forget he changed his outfit plenty of times in anime, especially as a crossdresser.

Don't forget Frenchmaid!Ash.

EDIT:NINJAD

Out of necessity, because they were going into cold weather.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Ash is a country boy. If you hear his Japanese voice acting in a few scenes, the stuff he does are really funny like when he tries to Dance in the Twinleaf festival. (Dawn sweatdrops when sees his dance.) He doesn't think about superficial stuff. He doesn't care if he looks like a total idiot, he does what he loves until someone like Trip or Paul insults him :P
    Well Delia probably cares how his son looks and stuff I mean she is a mother and always pestering Ash about changing his underwear, is fixing his cap and whatnot. But maybe Ash'll just escape from her mothers clutches before anything is done to his '' country boy '' image.

But we'll see how Kalos is really like and if it's actually a fashion mecca or not.
    Last edited by Gurk; 19th June 2013 at 6:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Are going to take opinion as facts as usual? I think its cute, what now the writers have to decide between me and you? no they don't, if the trend continues the new Pikachu will belong to someone and thenw e can have a stunfisk belong to someone else(aka a diferent electric type) and Helioptile being cute it can happen, regardless of that we don't have much of the dex revealed.

And no I'm not a Helioptile blind fan, I'm just making a point, its not even in my top 5 of the currently revealed pokemon, I like most of them actually more than it.
    What is this i don't even..?

Since when did my own personal opinion of a Pokemon and what I personally want for the XY saga become any more open to attack than another persons? Sorry I don't share your opinion on this, but does it matter to you that much? I don't think I said once that if I like/dislike something, then that's how it's got to be.. All I said was that I don't feel I could appreciate a certain few Pokemon if they were on the team, which is simply my personal opinion on them.. yeesh talk about close-mindedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurk View Post
    Well Delia probably cares how his son looks and stuff I mean she is a mother and always pestering Ash about changing his underwear, is fixing his cap and whatnot. But maybe Ash'll just escape from her mothers clutches before anything is done to his '' country boy '' image.

But we'll see how Kalos is really like and if it's actually a fashion mecca or not.
    His mother is already designing his clothes for him. The poor woman stitches his clothes every saga. But it's not clothes but actions that determine how modern you are. Ash's dressing will be worse than Tracey's if it weren't for his mother.

I wonder how the writers will deal Kalos too. I mean Unova wasn't so U.S like, was it? The league facilities looked much more terrible than the Sinnoh ones. I mean if it were reality, Unova should be having the grandest stadiums with modern top notch technology.

<--My tumblr

\

His mother is already designing his clothes for him. The poor woman stitches his clothes every saga. But it's not clothes but actions that determine how modern you are. Ash's dressing will be worse than Tracey's if it weren't for his mother.

I wonder how the writers will deal Kalos too. I mean Unova wasn't so U.S like, was it? The league facilities looked much more terrible than the Sinnoh ones. I mean if it were reality, Unova should be having the grandest stadiums with modern top notch technology.
    That reminds me about that precious one-of-a-kind hat he loved in the Kanto saga. I think he finally stored it away for collection purposes by now.

If anything, Kalos will look more Japanese than even pseudo-US Unova. The Eiffel Tower, for example, will look like the Tokyo Tower as to make Japanese children feel like home.

If Talonflame can learn Blaze Kick, which it should because its apparently known for kicking, then I hope Ash does get one with that move..

Aerial Ace, Blaze Kick, Quick Attack, Brave Bird seems a pretty likely moveset. I would leave Aerial Ace out and give it a long range special attack personally, but you know these writers love them some Aerial Ace..

Exactly. The new main character won't be better than Ash at all. It will be like watching OS all over again. Heck, we'll get someone like Cameron because he has every quality a shonen hero needs. Pseudo noob > complete noob.
    I rather they use a complete new trainer than to use someone like Cameron who is supposed to be experienced yet his brain is gone. Hell, might as well just keep Ash if that was the case.

My ideal battle ever!

In my opinion, Cameron was nothing but a mere pawn, dreamt up in five minutes so that a Lucario could knock Ash out of the league like I truly believe they originally planned for Sinnoh..

Chances are that now Unova is history, he will have disappeared off the face of the anime earth, never to be mentioned again..

EDIT - Sorry, misunderstood the conversation and just realised my response has little to do with it at all..

I don't know why but I get a feeling that you are from US.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    If Talonflame can learn Blaze Kick, which it should because its apparently known for kicking, then I hope Ash does get one with that move..

Aerial Ace, Blaze Kick, Quick Attack, Brave Bird seems a pretty likely moveset. I would leave Aerial Ace out and give it a long range special attack personally, but you know these writers love them some Aerial Ace..
    Isn't Flare Blitz a better option. Just upgrade Flame Charge to Flare Blitz on evolution. I hope it can learn a Fighting move too.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I don't know why but I get a feeling that you are from US.

Isn't Flare Blitz a better option. Just upgrade Flame Charge to Flare Blitz on evolution. I hope it can learn a Fighting move too.
    No, I am not. I am on the other side of the world:S

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas MV View Post
    Fixed that for you... seriously, Ash leaving without becoming a Pokemon Master would be the only reason I'd stop watching the anime.
    Don't fix what's not broken. Ash will never become a Pokemon Master at this point because as others have pointed out, he regresses before he even gets close to accomplishing that goal. At this rate he'll continue to challenge Gyms and Leagues in hundreds if not thousands of regions and he still won't be able to become a Pokemon Master imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post

I really hope Helioptile doesn't make it onto the main cast. I mean, just look at how awful the one in the upcoming episode looks! I'm not sure I could handle seeing that sock puppet regularly..
    I agree whole-heartedly I really, really don't like Helioptile's design. I mean I always thought it looked a bit ratchet in the official artwork, but the anime made it look even worse. Seriously, you'd think they'd try to go the other way and make it look cute or cool in the anime, but they ruined it in my opinion. The way I see it, the species has no redeeming factors at this point. I'll probably stop watching the anime again if someone in the next main cast captures a Helioptile. And yes, this is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Don't fix what's not broken. Ash will never become a Pokemon Master at this point because as others have pointed out, he regresses before he even gets close to accomplishing that goal. At this rate he'll continue to challenge Gyms and Leagues in hundreds if not thousands of regions and he still won't be able to become a Pokemon Master imo.

I agree whole-heartedly I really, really don't like Helioptile's design. I mean I always thought it looked a bit ratchet in the official artwork, but the anime made it look even worse. Seriously, you'd think they'd try to go the other way and make it look cute or cool in the anime, but they ruined it in my opinion. The way I see it, the species has no redeeming factors at this point. I'll probably stop watching the anime again if someone in the next main cast captures a Helioptile. And yes, this is my opinion.
    Might as well stop now. Why waste time on Da? :P

I caught your secret message LOL.

<--My tumblr

\

I on the other hand lke Helioptiles design, but dislike Gogoat. it seems to random and Tauros like. but that only depends from the viewers point. But overall the gen VI pokes look better than gen V for me. Seem bit more challenging and colorful.

I really hope we get some mixed up teams in the anime with more evolved pokes better longer fights.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

The best possible result for xy would be the overall maturity for ash of sinnoh, have his team kind of similar to hoenn, have the girl with the goals of something like dawn or may and personality of misty, the fillers of The first half of best wishes, and have a good league.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Iris was already supposed to be similar to Misty, why do another girl like that in a row?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Iris was already supposed to be similar to Misty, why do another girl like that in a row?
    He probably means a girl that ends up crushing on him while hiding it under a veneer of violence and frivolous anger.

Page 179 of 597 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast