Page 2 of 597 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    I'm actually getting a water/fighting type vibe from the frog. I can sense a lot of people are already dissing it lol but it's actually my favorite. but of course I always love the water types. the fox also comes off too me as fire/psychic but who knows! and the grass one does give me a grass/ground vibe. interesting combinations!
    Meh, water/fighting would at least be different lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kod3 View Post
    I can already see Chespin is the new Piplup and Oshawott replacement!!!!
    For some reason i believe that Froakie (Keromatsu) is actually going to turn out being extremely popular, especially if its based around the "Princess & the Frog" story

YES!! this saga is ending soon! omg, i have never been so happy in my life

so long unova
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post

so long unova
    Never thought I'd be this excited to see a generation end either, but I love everything I'm seeing so far.

I too get the Water/Fighting vibe, and I so far like Froakie the best, so to the other guy, you're not alone with the Water Type Starters!

Pokemon X Friend Code: 5258-0130-4229 / Electric: Dedenne, Pikachu, Zebstrika

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

And it's releasing, worldwide this October, which means we get it too! XD
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

The frog will be in love with the main girl. I see it being the rivals main poke.

The pc girl wqs shown brief seemed like a small caitlin E4

did anyone mentioned eeveeloutions or have we to wait for thursday?
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

Also omg US is getting it at the same time!! *faints*
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

agreed! is it me or did gen v just feel like the outcast? I feel like game freak took a chance with it and initially succeeded but people got over it too fast (including myself). I almost feel like this is the real gen v ._. I'm so excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive
    We all stand in single file line, and we have all been born into it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Also omg US is getting it at the same time!! *faints*
    Yes!!! Like somebody speculated a few hours ago, a worldwide simultaneous launch, and as I said in response to it then, the Pokemon world will indeed be much more connected now!

Quote Originally Posted by weavile606 View Post
    agreed! is it me or did gen v just feel like the outcast? I feel like game freak took a chance with it and initially succeeded but people got over it too fast (including myself). I almost feel like this is the real gen v ._. I'm so excited!
    I still like generation 5, but I'm tired of the Generation 5 bashing, and generation 6 looks amazing, it's like a shiny new object to distract everyone for the next 9 months!

This is just my opinion, if you don't support the main character of the show, why bother watching.

How are they supposed to push it until october. Ugh...

Sinnoh BF anyone?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

If the games are going to be released simultaneously how is this going to effect the anime. They will probably launch the english episodes a few weeks after the Japanese ones. I can now see CGI pokemon in battle sequences, like a CGI Pikachu using Quick Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    For some reason i believe that Froakie (Keromatsu) is actually going to turn out being extremely popular, especially if its based around the "Princess & the Frog" story
    Yes, based on that I agreed. But Chespin looks like a joker potential in anime to me and the one that won't evolve in anime too.

WWith the inclusion of older Pokemon, I hope this means new evolutions .

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    How are they supposed to push it until october. Ugh...

Sinnoh BF anyone?
    No, probably not, just the N saga, and who knows how long that will end up taking. Who knows, they may get an early start on generation 6 in the Anime, if generation 6 marks the beginning of shorter time intervals between new generations.

Am I the only one who thinks these new designs look really poor/babyish?

Aside from Chespin, the other two are just rehashes of past pokemon. The water frog (The Seismitoad line) and the fire fox (Vulpix line) just look ridiculously childish for me.

And the legendaries just look too unusual. There isn't really any detail in them (Compared to ones like Dialga/Palkia and Groudon/Kyogre) and the whole "X and Y" theme is just strange. Is pokemon moving away from the whole colour/jewel themed games for letters?

And in 3D-3D pokemon games belong outside of the ds (E.g, battle revolution and XD gale of darkness) imo.

Overall I think gamefreak/whoever develops the games are just rushing this too much and because of it, hardly any thought is put in and we don't have that great of designs.

I mean, look at the sinnoh starters. Piplup-A penguin. Genius; there hasn't been a penguin pokemon before. And what makes it better is it gradually forms a steel type at it's final evolution, and shows off an impressive design. Things like Froakie (???) look absurd.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that these rushed games are taking it's toll
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post

so long unova
    Me too man, me too. You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this to come.

Should end after the N arc right? I think that arc should take up a good portion of our time.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

The fire starter belongs to the new girl.

Froakie is Ash's starter of the region.

Cilan/new annoying background guy captures Chespin.

I'm tired of screaming and fanboying about it!! Love the starters!

I got a feeling Oshawott may travel with Ash to this new region!!
    Ash gets the Fox (Fire/Fighting)
    Cilan and Iris are staying Cilan get's the Grass type starter (Grass/ Ground or Rock) and Iris the water type stater (Water/ Ice)
    Team Rocket will follow them!! Ash gets the regional bird...duh!!
    Ash change to the new protagonist clothes!!

Note: Seeing the new female version...is better if Iris stays but then again a new gen.6 gym leader can replaced her!!
    That's all for now!!

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks these new designs look really poor/babyish?

Aside from Chespin, the other two are just rehashes of past pokemon. The water frog (The Seismitoad line) and the fire fox (Vulpix line) just look ridiculously childish for me.

And the legendaries just look too unusual. There isn't really any detail in them (Compared to ones like Dialga/Palkia and Groudon/Kyogre) and the whole "X and Y" theme is just strange. Is pokemon moving away from the whole colour/jewel themed games for letters?

And in 3D-3D pokemon games belong outside of the ds (E.g, battle revolution and XD gale of darkness) imo.

Overall I think gamefreak/whoever develops the games are just rushing this too much and because of it, hardly any thought is put in and we don't have that great of designs.

I mean, look at the sinnoh starters. Piplup-A penguin. Genius; there hasn't been a penguin pokemon before. And what makes it better is it gradually forms a steel type at it's final evolution, and shows off an impressive design. Things like Froakie (???) look absurd.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that these rushed games are taking it's toll

So far, it appears you're alone in this, and I'm somewhat glad at that. I totally disagree. I didn't get the vibe of Kroakie looks like any past Pokemon. It's a Toad/Frog, which isn't entirely new, but depending on it's typing, stats, etc, it'll be entirely different. I like the designs so far.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Are you saying that Pokemon X & Y (i.e., the 6th Gen) are rushed games when according to "Satoru Iwata" it took them 7 years to develop these 2 games.

If anything, i would say that the 5th Gen was actually a filler Gen (which i have felt from the time it was announced).

Wow haters already?? Good lord that was fast.

Quote Originally Posted by kicksjedi9 View Post
    So far, it appears you're alone in this, and I'm somewhat glad at that. I totally disagree. I didn't get the vibe of Kroakie looks like any past Pokemon. It's a Toad/Frog, which isn't entirely new, but depending on it's typing, stats, etc, it could be entirely different. I like the designs so far.

Considering he said if the games are for 3DS he is abandoning the series, I'm going to guess hes being a little biased.

Heck hes calling the possible two worse designed legendaries great(Palkia and Dialga).
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 8th January 2013 at 1:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    I'm tired of screaming and fanboying about it!! Love the starters!

I got a feeling Oshawott may travel with Ash to this new region!!
    Ash gets the Fox (Fire/Fighting)
    Cilan and Iris are staying Cilan get's the Grass type starter (Grass/ Ground or Rock) and Iris the water type stater (Water/ Ice)
    Team Rocket will follow them!! Ash gets the regional bird...duh!!
    Ash change to the new protagonist clothes!!

Note: Seeing the new female version...is better if Iris stays but then again a new gen.6 gym leader can replaced her!!
    That's all for now!!
    Gym leader replace another gym leader? I hope they do some thing different but thats me. Don't see Iris staying, like every past generation girl has left no matter how popular the girl was they'd leave, Iris has no chance. Dento maybe, he could stay as long as Brock did for all I know, hes pretty popular and they've never done this sort of thing.

edit;

I could see the otter being the next Aipom but I don't know.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Dear lord, are people really that ungrateful?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Gym leader replace another gym leader? I hope they do some thing different but thats me. Don't see Iris staying, like every past generation girl has left no matter how popular the girl was they'd leave, Iris has no chance. Dento maybe, he could stay as long as Brock did for all I know, hes pretty popular and they've never done this sort of thing.
    Don't care who stays or goes, I'm happy either way now. I'm going to assume, with Pikachu taking the starring role in the beginning of the reveal, Ash and Pikachu are staying, which is the best thing to me. Those two are what we all are attached to, everything else could be dropped, but keep their story going.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Dear lord, are people really that ungrateful?
    I know, especially if the reasoning is that he doesn't like the switch to the 3ds. It was bound to happen, and I think it looks cool from what we have to go on thus far.

Page 2 of 597 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast