Page 239 of 597 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Do you guys think they'll have romance this time? Since its France and all?.
    nope, cause this show's about pokemon beating each other senseless, no time for such trivial stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    nope, cause this show's about pokemon beating each other senseless, no time for such trivial stuff like this.
    And also because Ash doesn't know the concept of romance.

Not too many ten year olds really get romance.
    My first shiny ever caught!

Named Admiral Sentret

Please no romance. Hopefully the rivals and battles will be more focused on. Both things were disappointing in BW imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Do you guys think they'll have romance this time? Since its France and all?

Also, I'd rather have a four group now as I liked Dento thats me.
    Add a useful kid Max's age into the group, I thought it was cute and Ash/Max older younger type relationship was adorable.
    Unless you mean amongs COTD's then no.. heck Ash probably doesn't even know the difference between a boy and a girl.

I personally don't mind. But I will be happy if they just leave us enough and consistent number of hints so that we fans could piece them together and see more than what they show.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And also because Ash doesn't know the concept of romance.
    Not to sound shippy, but his concept of romance left when Misty left. If you notice, he got even more clueless about that topic starting in AG.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Not to sound shippy, but his concept of romance left when Misty left. If you notice, he got even more clueless about that topic starting in AG.
    That's because the writing style changed around the same time Misty left. Although, a shipper can interpret it as he wishes.

Shipping hints in OS>Shipping hints in AG>>Shipping hints in DP=Shipping hints in BW.

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    That's because the writing style changed around the same time Misty left. Although, a shipper can interpret it as he wishes.

Shipping hints in OS>Shipping hints in AG>>Shipping hints in DP=Shipping hints in BW.
    True, though i can see from where Taidow goes with this. Because i also believe way certain character will behave depends also on type of personalities which surround him not being possible to ignite same type of dynamic and reactions from anyone. Since Misty was passionate dreamer and romantic soul liking to explore concept of love going as far as sometimes flirting, teasing and being strong willed liking to help others who went through crisis such as Jenaro and Ariene or kids with Nidoran from Orange for example, helping Brock with love advices and arguably developing affection toward main protagonist accompanied with childish taunts could have also been partially reason why there used to be more romance in original series. Since writers probably felt how this fitted character role and plot being justified to add some of it in there.

Same applies to May and her relationship, rivalry with Drew for example with inclusion of elements of romance helping to develop rivalry and add extra spice into dynamics.
    Although different writing style in OS or AG played role in there too without any doubt.

That said even though im not shipper, personally i wouldn't mind abit of romance being added in story of Kalos region.
    Little flirting or jealousy at times never killed anyone if its done in moderate dose. On contrary this can only add extra flavor to group dynamics diving more into character personalities making it all that more genuine, fun and relaxing to follow . Not to mention humorous too when characters are placed in awkward situations or having temperament outburst.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 14th July 2013 at 9:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    True, though i can see from where Taidow goes with this. Because i also believe way certain character will behave depends also on type of personalities which surround him not being possible to ignite same type of dynamic and reactions from anyone. Since Misty was passionate dreamer and romantic soul liking to explore concept of love going as far as sometimes flirting, teasing and being strong willed liking to help others who went through crisis such as Jenaro and Ariene or kids with Nidoran from Orange for example, helping Brock with love advices and arguably developing affection toward main protagonist accompanied with childish taunts could have also been partially reason why there used to be more romance in original series. Since writers probably felt how this fitted character role and plot being justified to add some of it in there.

Same applies to May and her relationship, rivalry with Drew for example with inclusion of elements of romance helping to develop rivalry and add extra spice into dynamics.
    Although different writing style in OS or AG played role in there too without any doubt.

That said even though im not shipper, personally i wouldn't mind abit of romance being added in story of Kalos region.
    Little flirting or jealousy at times never killed anyone if its done in moderate dose. On contrary this can only add extra flavor to group dynamics diving more into character personalities making it all that more genuine, fun and relaxing to follow . Not to mention humorous too when characters are placed in awkward situations or having temperament outburst.
    I personally think May as more of a romantic dreamer than Misty. Like Misty, she's known to show great interest in romantic interests of CoTD's. I also find May's behavior around Ash in AG 1,2,3 very interesting. No, I am not dicussing Advance or Pokeshipping on here, I am just talking about May's character and her interest towards romance related things in a few episodes. However, this completely disappeared with Dawn and Iris, perhaps to break the pattern. The fact is that the show was 90% kodomo and 10% teenish back in the days. But right now, we have close to zero romantic inclined episodes (the most we got in Best Wishes was the Cottonee episode).

<--My tumblr

\

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    I personally think May as more of a romantic dreamer than Misty. Like Misty, she's known to show great interest in romantic interests of CoTD's. I also find May's behavior around Ash in AG 1,2,3 very interesting. No, I am not dicussing Advance or Pokeshipping on here, I am just talking about May's character and her interest towards romance related things in a few episodes. However, this completely disappeared with Dawn and Iris, perhaps to break the pattern. The fact is that the show was 90% kodomo and 10% teenish back in the days. But right now, we have close to zero romantic inclined episodes (the most we got in Best Wishes was the Cottonee episode).
    Well i guess it depends on how you interpret it. Personally i thought Misty was more of deep romantic and dreamer who liked love and tenderness,talked about France, candles and flowers, showed interest in helping others about love issues, liked to zoom around doctors or gym leaders being shy and jealous trying to hide it with her outbursts. And i find she had more enjoyable interactions with Ash containing usually lot of humor, clash and tension.

Although i can definitely see what you mean about May because i recall she used to be quite romantic too liking to help others in need like Romeo and Juliet in "Love at first flight" for example, along with there being developed notable bond between her and Ash admiring his competence and trainer abilities with relationship going along lines student-mentor imo.

Though since we are starting to drift abit of topic from my part im done talking about this.

Just wanted to comment on what others could have meant about presence of certain characters being partially reason why there used to be more romance before, and how i wouldn't mind some of those elements being added to Kalos saga to add extra flavor in group dynamics.

I don't see them giving Ash a main romantic interest. The most they could do is a temporary character like Angie or Annabel. Ash is their long term marketing strategy tool, he'll get rusty if he falls in love or show hints. Well, we fans can do whatever we wish though :3

<--My tumblr

\

All of me is kind of wishing for a 4-member group.

Ash - Usual Ash. I think he will continue to rotate his team, but this time with a little more structure. More evolutions this season. I'm thinking/hoping Ash doesn't have another 'Oshawott' character, rather a companion does.

Shauna - I really want Shauna on this team. Shauna joins because she doesn't really know what she wants to do. She tries out everything every now and again (Gym battles, musicals (if still here), tournaments etc.). Has quite a diverse team. Kind of looks up to Ash and Cilan. Her development focuses more on her and her Pokémon and her discovering what she wants to do in the world. Kind of a mixure of Max, May and Dawn. Leaves at the end deciding that she does want to battle and goes to Sinnoh/Unova to take on their respective gyms.

Female - Kind of a mixure of Cilan/Iris. Same age as Cilan. She focuses more on the world and researches the Pokémon and their habitats. Travels with Ash in order to gain experience in the field. Kind of an amateur Professor. Her team is quite small. Her development sticks close to her discovery of the world (Maybe she is similar to N in that she has certain thoughts/theories on the world which she finds to be wrong as time goes on). By the end she is asked by Sycamore to stay with him as his assistant.

Cilan - While I'm not keen on his return, I kind of expect him to. Cilan remains the same although he joins musicals (or whatever the equivalent is) and captures more Pokémon. His development focuses on his musicals, and possibly Cilan deciding/wanting to open a restaurant alongside his Pokémon. Actually does leave at the end of the saga opening a restaurant.

or if Cilan doesn't return

Male - Not necessarily a Gym Leader. He partakes in the contest/musical equivalent of the generation. He wants to open a Pokémon Daycare/Ranch in Kalos. His development sticks to his inability to really care for Pokémon due to his rash personality (Keeps scaring Pokémon and accidentally annoying them). In the end he leaves with an offer by someone to open a ranch.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE
    |
    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

I think romance in the Kalos region is inevitable.It's based on France for God's sake.There has to be at least one romantic character.And I would like for Ash to have his first crush---it doesn't have to be dramatic or anything...but I'd like to see him blush and lose his head in the presence of a pretty girl.

Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    All of me is kind of wishing for a 4-member group.

Ash - Usual Ash. I think he will continue to rotate his team, but this time with a little more structure. More evolutions this season. I'm thinking/hoping Ash doesn't have another 'Oshawott' character, rather a companion does.

Shauna - I really want Shauna on this team. Shauna joins because she doesn't really know what she wants to do. She tries out everything every now and again (Gym battles, musicals (if still here), tournaments etc.). Has quite a diverse team. Kind of looks up to Ash and Cilan. Her development focuses more on her and her Pokémon and her discovering what she wants to do in the world. Kind of a mixure of Max, May and Dawn. Leaves at the end deciding that she does want to battle and goes to Sinnoh/Unova to take on their respective gyms.

Female - Kind of a mixure of Cilan/Iris. Same age as Cilan. She focuses more on the world and researches the Pokémon and their habitats. Travels with Ash in order to gain experience in the field. Kind of an amateur Professor. Her team is quite small. Her development sticks close to her discovery of the world (Maybe she is similar to N in that she has certain thoughts/theories on the world which she finds to be wrong as time goes on). By the end she is asked by Sycamore to stay with him as his assistant.

Cilan - While I'm not keen on his return, I kind of expect him to. Cilan remains the same although he joins musicals (or whatever the equivalent is) and captures more Pokémon. His development focuses on his musicals, and possibly Cilan deciding/wanting to open a restaurant alongside his Pokémon. Actually does leave at the end of the saga opening a restaurant.

or if Cilan doesn't return

Male - Not necessarily a Gym Leader. He partakes in the contest/musical equivalent of the generation. He wants to open a Pokémon Daycare/Ranch in Kalos. His development sticks to his inability to really care for Pokémon due to his rash personality (Keeps scaring Pokémon and accidentally annoying them). In the end he leaves with an offer by someone to open a ranch.
    I'd really like for this to happen! It all seems fine, you didn't really go into much detail for their teams or anything (I'm guessing you don't mind) so it seems likely it may happen. Not fully sure if it'll happen exactly like that but something similar is what I'm kinda hoping for too.

I want Ash to catch the "Oshawott" Pokemon though, if not keep thee Oshawott with all his pride.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Do you guys think Ash will get a Fairy Type Pokemon on his team to promote the Fairy Type?

Hey guys..i am just walking around.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFan View Post
    Do you guys think Ash will get a Fairy Type Pokemon on his team to promote the Fairy Type?
    Not really, how long did it take him to catch a Dark and Steel type? It took at least 3 generations, over 8 years for him to finally catch a Dark type Pokemon and with Steel oh wait..

I hope he does catch a Fairy type though or if he's lucky, one of his Pokemon are already retconned into one.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

If there were to be a romance
    Is say do it between the main characters pokemon
    A little innocent crush
    Like with pikachu and buneary

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

So there was that rumour that said a professor Sycamore will hand out Kanto starters. Sycamore is confirmed to be a person in the games, so...

The player gets to choose a Kalos starter and then later receives a Kanto starter that is weak to the Kalos one, much like how the monkeys worked at the start of Black and White. Calem/Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor then receive the remaining four starters.

For the anime this could mean something along the lines of Ash using Froakie and Charizard on his team, then Serena gets Fennekin, Tierno gets Chespin, Shauna gets Squirtle and Trevor gets Bulbasaur.

Obviously this is mostly coming out of nowhere, but it doesn't not work. As for Charizard, I'd rather see Bulbasaur but Froakie seems to suit Ash's speedy style and Charizard fits with the BW monkey rule and is already back in rotation.

This is probably the most baseless post I've ever written, but I had fun doing it! >:O

They should drop hints for AshXthenewcook.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    So there was that rumour that said a professor Sycamore will hand out Kanto starters. Sycamore is confirmed to be a person in the games, so...

The player gets to choose a Kalos starter and then later receives a Kanto starter that is weak to the Kalos one, much like how the monkeys worked at the start of Black and White. Calem/Serena, Shauna, Tierno and Trevor then receive the remaining four starters.

For the anime this could mean something along the lines of Ash using Froakie and Charizard on his team, then Serena gets Fennekin, Tierno gets Chespin, Shauna gets Squirtle and Trevor gets Bulbasaur.

Obviously this is mostly coming out of nowhere, but it doesn't not work. As for Charizard, I'd rather see Bulbasaur but Froakie seems to suit Ash's speedy style and Charizard fits with the BW monkey rule and is already back in rotation.

This is probably the most baseless post I've ever written, but I had fun doing it! >:O
    it may have no real source, but it is still a neat idea. i would like to see that happen, but i'm not sure it will happen.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

New theory for XY:

Anyway, I find it amusing to know that we are having a HUGE number of NPC this time. We have three rivals plus the other gender character appearing in the games, then we have Alexa, then we have the Gym Leader with Robotic arms who has a sister. All this is clearly leading me to ONE conclusion.

We will have tons of characters this time.

Judging by this, I am coming to these vague conclusions.

1) Serena will be the main rival. Her character in the games suggest that she is a competent battler. So, there's obviously a good chance that she will be the same in the anime. However, contrary to people's expectations, she could actually be a friendly person and will be a few years older than Ash, like Bianca was. She will showcase powerhouses like Paul did. She will join the group in small arcs from time to time.

2) Shauna, Pansy, Extra Hand Gym Leader's sister, all these will rotate on the main cast.

3) Trevor, Tierno will also constantly rotate with more of the NPCs as they are revealed.

4) Ash and Dento will be the main cast while the remaining two will rotate.

Most of these people will participate in the league at the end, and end things with a bang.

Professor Sycamore is too interesting a character to ignore btw :3

<--My tumblr

\

I think romance in the Kalos region is inevitable.It's based on France for God's sake.There has to be at least one romantic character.And I would like for Ash to have his first crush---it doesn't have to be dramatic or anything...but I'd like to see him blush and lose his head in the presence of a pretty girl.
    Ash already had his first crush (Giselle).

Quote Originally Posted by Rovian View Post
    Ash already had his first crush (Giselle).
    That was when Kanto Ash was more sociably aware.

Here's what'd make me happy for Pokémon XY anime:

What I'd like to see:

- Ash being his DP self; no BW nonsense, no acting too excited, you've seen Pokémon before, you have caught one before. Get your **** together and kick some ***. At the same time though, I hope he remains entertaining. Ash can be pretty entertaining when they want him to be, as BW has shown, so I hope his BW entertainment sticks with his, hopefully upcoming, XY battle prowess.

- More of Ash coming up with spontaneous and outside-the-box strategies.

- Shauna joining Ash and having the goal of finding out what she wants to do (essentially finding her goal) as her game description implies. She'd start out like May but go even further since she'd start doubting herself as she fails miserably at everything she tries or doesn't maintain enough interest in something. That would leave room for some engaging character growth and development.

- Alternative: Serena joining Ash and being his female rival at the same time. She'd have already acquired three or four badges so she and Ash would challenge same gyms at times but at the same time it wouldn't be too many gyms. Though I'm not sure how her development would be handled, perhaps something revolving her being Ash's rival and close friend at the same time so she's conflicted?

- Cilan staying for XY but this time he'd only get very little number of silly fishing/detective Sommelier episodes and more development episodes regarding his goal which was barely touched upon in BW. Burgundy would make her return with improved skills and more maturity and present an actual threat for Cilan as his rival - Cilan would acknowledge her as his rival. Along with her, Cilan would get another Connoiseur rival who's far more superior than him, basically his skills'd be way better.

- There is no Team Rocket, period.

- Alternative: If there is Team Rocket: - I hope Team Rocket trio maintains a balance between comical and serious and are involved with the plot. Since the anime will pretty much deviate from the game storyline (it always does) they might as well give JJM more plot-related roles and less comic-relief villain roles where they fail in catching Pikachu every. single. time.

- In case Serena isn't Ash's rival, I'm hoping this time Ash has no main rivals. He did well in AG without a main rival and if the writers were able to do that again, I'd be happy. Seriously, I couldn't handle another Trip, I just couldn't.

- Ash goes back to having simply seven or eight Pokémon, something similar to DP. Rotating would be nice but we all know writers can't do **** about that.

- Ash gets a Froakie and that Froakie evolves

- Ash doesn't get a ****ing otter-like screentime-devouring walking plushie ad.

- Ash's team get lots of evolutions.

That's it for now, this would seriously make me happy.

Page 239 of 597 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339 ... LastLast