Page 27 of 597 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Hopefully they introduce a few new fire Pokemon unlike Sinnoh where you either had to pick Chimchar or find someway to get a Magby and evolve it all the way to Magmortar
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I think number of new Pokemon would be between 100 and 150. We already have 649 and I read of main site that it is going over 700. More than 150 would make it 800 and the source certainly didn't said that and we never get less than 100 Pokemon in any dex.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Hopefully they introduce a few new fire Pokemon unlike Sinnoh where you either had to pick Chimchar or find someway to get a Magby and evolve it all the way to Magmortar
    Is it so easy to forget Ponyta?
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 10th January 2013 at 4:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    All I know is I'm fine with less pokemon if it means evolution's for older pokemon lol.
    THen you meant 80 new ones and 20 old ones evolutions?

I prefer new species not old pokemon evolutions personally, I like evolutions for pokemon that need it, not forced uneeded ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    I think number of new Pokemon would be between 100 and 150. We already have 649 and I read of main site that it is going over 700. More than 150 would make it 800 and the source certainly didn't said that and we never get less than 100 Pokemon in any dex.
    That was my arguing point XD, 80 is too low specially for a 3+years of work and atleast 17 artists doing the pokemon.

4gen sucked for fire types they were to worried doing old pokemon evos...

I hope there aren't many water types, seems like they finally noticed that in Isshu, hopefully the trend keeps going, just use old fish, starters a new fish and one or two other new ones.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 10th January 2013 at 4:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    THen you meant 80 new ones and 20 old ones evolutions?

I prefer new species not old pokemon evolutions personally, I like evolutions for pokemon that need it, not forced uneeded ones.

That was my arguing point XD, 80 is too low specially for a 3+years of work and atleast 17 artists doing the pokemon.
    Ya and some pokemon who really need it get it. Like Tangela and Sneasel. Oh and Gligar of course.

CYNDAQUIL IS FINALLY MINE <3 <3 <3 <3!!!!!
    Pokemon Y FC: 1693-2261-4948
    Friend Safari: Poison(Venomoth, Toxicroak, and Seviper)

As long as that Westner, who designed the Ice Cream cone and Mandibuzz pre evo, doesn't design more Pokemon like that, I am fine.

I am still longing to see a Dunsparce evolution. And maybe a new form for Pikachu.

Ya and some pokemon who really need it get it. Like Tangela and Sneasel. Oh and Gligar of course.
    Yup and its pokemon like those that I want evolutions but in a reasonable way not a spam.

107 pokemon 27 new evoes/pre evos if I did my math rigth.

As long as that Westner, who designed the Ice Cream cone and Mandibuzz pre evo, doesn't design more Pokemon like that, I am fine.

I am still longing to see a Dunsparce evolution. And maybe a new form for Pikachu.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT but the baby is cute, icecream evos suck I agree.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 10th January 2013 at 4:15 AM.

And a new typing *rolls eyes*

I hope Fennekin isn't abandoned. That is really old now.

Minus the Vanillite family (which I use and have grown to like) I thought he did okay... Golett and Golurk were awesome. Oh and he also designed Mandibuzz as well, unless you just hate it's pre-evolve form
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I think he need deserves it. We have been seeing the same thing for years and it is never going to evolve. A form change at least brings something new to the table. Instead of making a new electric rodent, make an alternate form for him.

Minus the Vanillite family (which I use and have grown to like) I thought he did okay... Golett and Golurk were awesome. Oh and he also designed Mandibuzz as well, unless you just hate it's pre-evolve form
    I might sound biased but I think something is off about Vanillite line and Vullaby, specially the Vanillite line. Everytime I look at them I get a feeling that someone from DA drew it. And I have been feeling the same way before I even found out about the designer. Golett line is fine but Anime kind of killed the whole Golurk can fly thing for me. I believe Mandibuzz is his best work among all seven.
    Last edited by Umbilical Noose; 10th January 2013 at 4:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    I hope Fennekin isn't abandoned. That is really old now.
    The only starter that wasn't was May's, only because she got it from Professor Birch. But yeah, the anime really likes to make up patterns like that.

Yes a type strong against fire we need another type strong against fire pokemon please. /sarcasm

Not to keen on new types actually.

Whos he?

The Ponyta line, Houndour line, and Flareon are crying in the corner.

Honestly, I liked all of those . . . except that last one. There is only one Pokemon EVER whose design that I dislike, and that one individual horrifyingly ugly Pokemon is Vullaby. I mean, the idea is original, being a tiny vulture wearing a skull for a diaper. It's twisted, but it's original. Still, that thing just freaks me out. It's the only design I would say I dislike. I also would've said that about Boldore and Throh, but seeing them in the anime changed my tune, they've both been animated very well.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Whos he?
    The guy Noose was complaining about. James Turner made Golett and Golurk as well as the Vanillite family and the Mandibuzz family

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    The Ponyta line, Houndour line, and Flareon are crying in the corner.
    They weren't Gen 4 Pokemon... come on now, who uses old Pokemon during a play through (don't answer that cause I did so in White 2) XD

The guy Noose was complaining about. James Turner made Golett and Golurk as well as the Vanillite family and the Mandibuzz family
    So they have americans at Gamefreak doing desings also though it was just japanese?

I liek Golurk and Mandibuzz and little icecream I don't think he did a bad job actually, any article on it btw? would like to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Staff View Post
    The only starter that wasn't was May's, only because she got it from Professor Birch. But yeah, the anime really likes to make up patterns like that.
    Don't forget Quilava, it was never abandoned by a previous trainer. But yeah, Ash has 2 Pokemon on his team this time that came from other trainers. It was different for Snivy in a sense but still, they should try another approach.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

So they have americans at Gamefreak doing desings also though it was just japanese?

I liek Golurk and Mandibuzz and little icecream I don't think he did a bad job actually, any article on it btw? would like to read it.
    He's actually British (unforunately he's only got wiki's on him) http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/James_Turner <-(this one got it wrong a bit because he also made Mandibuzz) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 10th January 2013 at 4:33 AM.

Yes a type strong against fire we need another type strong against fire pokemon please. /sarcasm

Not to keen on new types actually.

Whos he?
    I mean Dunsparce needs a new type lol -_-.

I mean Dunsparce needs a new type lol -_-.
    Didnt notice you were talking about Dunsparce for some reason, sorry.

He's actually British (unforunately he's only got wiki's on him) http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/James_Turner <-(this one got it wrong a bit because he also made Mandibuzz) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/James_Turner
    Tks so he didnt do Mandibuzz, I think the one that makes the first pokemon should finish it.

Are there any other wiki articles on other Pokemon creaters(besides Sugimori).

Edit:Nevermind didn't read Bulbapedia wikia
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 10th January 2013 at 4:40 AM.

Tks so he didnt do Mandibuzz, I think the one that makes the first pokemon should finish it.

No I think he did make Mandibuzz... though both site seem to contradict each other.

There's some on the original creator http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Satoshi_Tajiri

Edit:Nevermind didn't read Bulbapedia wikia
    I wish they would of put some different old pokemon in the trailer though. Seriously none of those pokemon even needed evos. Although with Eevee being there I could see new Eevee forms.

Also there was a rumor going around that there might be a new type this region. The guy who first reported it was right about some other stuff so it's possible I guess.

I wish they would of put some different old pokemon in the trailer though. Seriously none of those pokemon even needed evos. Although with Eevee being there I could see new Eevee forms.

Also there was a rumor going around that there might be a new type this region. The guy who first reported it was right about some other stuff so it's possible I guess.
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's got enough evolution's... the poor thing needs to be left alone

I think its just random pokemon because they aren't revealing other pokemon yet, we had cases of old pokemon appearing and then not being part of the Dex, plus they are probably just aditions to the dex not actual pokemon getting evolutions, dex migth 300 pokemon for example wth old pokemon like in BW2.

Fake stuff , we don't know nothing at this time if it ends up being true its just the guy landing a shot in the dark, we got the same last region, Belle being the Champion and other random stuff.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's got enough evolution's... the poor thing needs to be left alone
    I agree but its so tiring to hear this every generation(Eevee evoltuions) if they want to do it, just get it over with, either give us two more and tell us it can't evolve to anything else(by game plot) or just give us all the Eeveelutions its missing.

Lol there are gonna be 17 different Eeveelutions bro.

Lol there are gonna be 17 different Eeveelutions bro.
    No there aren't and there never should be... Leafeon and Glaceon were pushing it >.<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl7pjzu8d2o skip to around 3:40 for my point if you don't like waiting (Serebii get's referenced in here)
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 10th January 2013 at 4:54 AM.

Page 27 of 597 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast