Page 547 of 597 FirstFirst ... 447497537543544545546547548549550551557 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,675 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Preview looks interesting. So we have Ash heading to Kalos meeting Bonnie and Clemont under unusual circumstances by falling of the building. I knew Clemont affinity for gadgets and varuous devices will come in handy(i presume he used stretched arm to rescue Ash?).

Bonnie seems quirky and full of spirit as companion so i imagine her apparent mission of finding Clemont wife(how strange this sounds) will lead to many awkward, humorous situations.

Seena looks alright i guess. Still hoped we would see her as competent femalew rival, but its basically confirmed that she will be joining cast. Revelation of meeting Ash in younger days being childhood friend casts unexpectrd twist on whole journey and adds more depth to Ash character allowing to learn more about his past and experiences which left trace on his personality or desires.
    So this is definitely a plus.

Its only strange why they didn't started diving into his past sooner, but i guess better ever than never.

Overall this group isn't my first pick, but it will serve its job.

I thought it was confirmed that are back to what they were before BW, no???
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Oh no I'm fine with it but for years it seemed the anime was running with episode only plots so something like this right away seems odd. I expect fillers like any long anime but if the preview is anything to go by this series could be a big change. I can see it being like Digimon for example with how it is paced. Like in BW we got arcs so maybe XY will do story arcs focused on the games.

Besides that stuff the trailer made me feel like it was an Inazuma Eleven trailer for some reason XD.
    oooh, yeah i get what you mean now xD well, there is speculation that these games are the longest in the series so far (well i remember someone saying it once or twice), if that's true there would be more things they can put in anime format and less fillers xD (I know that anime =/= games, but they can get base ideas~)

This is the story section from the official site:

ついに待望の新シリーズがスタート!
    旅の舞台・カロス地方にやってきた
    サトシと相棒のピカチュウを待っていたのは、
    新しいポケモン・仲間たちとの出会い!
    全てがパワーアップして登場!!
    ポケモンバトルも大きく進化!
    躍動感バツグンのバトルから目が離せない!!
    そして、この旅最大の謎!?
    ポケモンの更なる進化、”メガシンカ” とは…?
    ポケモン・仲間・出会うもの全ての ”キズナ” に導かれ、
    ポケモンマスターを目指すサトシとピカチュウ。
    カロスリーグ挑戦へ向けた彼らの新たな冒険が今、はじまる!!

As far as I can tell it's just the usual stuff, but interestingly it mentions bonding like it's a special word, as in the new mechanic involved in Pokémon-amie. Anyone better at Japanese wanna confirm? Seems like mega evolution will be a significant plot point too.

I wonder if the eps will be done like them voices and not the other series. I mean it has the movie quality so no more stock animations or cut screens maybe? Like in battles we won't have the characters head pop of their body and call an attack.

While Serena knowing Ash prior to the series start is a nice little twist, realistically...I doubt that will make much a a difference storyline wise. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    While Serena knowing Ash prior to the series start is a nice little twist, realistically...I doubt that will make much a a difference storyline wise. :P
    Haha, you can always hope. :P

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post

ついに待望の新シリーズがスタート!
    旅の舞台・カロス地方にやってきた
    サトシと相棒のピカチュウを待っていたのは、
    新しいポケモン・仲間たちとの出会い!
    全てがパワーアップして登場!!
    ポケモンバトルも大きく進化!
    躍動感バツグンのバトルから目が離せない!!
    そして、この旅最大の謎!?
    ポケモンの更なる進化、”メガシンカ” とは…?
    ポケモン・仲間・出会うもの全ての ”キズナ” に導かれ、
    ポケモンマスターを目指すサトシとピカチュウ。
    カロスリーグ挑戦へ向けた彼らの新たな冒険が今、はじまる!!

As far as I can tell it's just the usual stuff, but interestingly it mentions bonding like it's a special word, as in the new mechanic involved in Pokémon-amie. Anyone better at Japanese wanna confirm? Seems like mega evolution will be a significant plot point too.
    Maybe we will get some thing contest like than for Serena?? Bonding eh?that parts a little confusing, maybe to do with child hood friendship between Ash and Seren? Don't know.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Maybe we will get some thing contest like than for Serena?? Bonding eh?that parts a little confusing, maybe to do with child hood friendship between Ash and Seren? Don't know.
    It says something like they will be guided by the "bonds" of all the Pokémon and friends they encounter. It puts bonds in quote marks like that which makes me wonder if they're referring to the mechanic or if they always emphasise it weirdly like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I love everything that I saw in that preview. The animation is perfect, Ash looks a little older in some parts (even if he's not), the starters look cute and Serena looks wonderful. I'm so happy. I hope this one doesn't disappoint.
    Every saga disappoints. Some more than other. We should have a disappoint-o-meter.

On Topic: I wonder how Froakie ended up fighting Garchomp. Maybe it challenged said Garchomp to a battle.

I sure hope Froakie is the first Pokemon Ash catches in Kalos.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

It says something like they will be guided by the "bonds" of all the Pokémon and friends they encounter. It puts bonds in quote marks like that which makes me wonder if they're referring to the mechanic or if they always emphasise it weirdly like that.
    Sounds like Digimon :/

I don't know Noose, AG and D / P didn't disappoint me, they were my favorites matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbilical Noose View Post
    Every saga disappoints. Some more than other. We should have a disappoint-o-meter.
    Black and White broke mine.

I sure hope Froakie is the first Pokemon Ash catches in Kalos.
    I hope this is true. I love birds but it's time Ash catches something different first.

Tyrantrum looks like a beast!!! now I want Ash to really get it I know the chances are slim but I dont care it looks amazing.

Also just noticed that when Ash is carrying froakie its day light and then froakie is helping battle ash at night (which we knew it was battling) so does that mean between then and the Garchomp battle Ash catch's it or just more bonding?
    Last edited by pokechamp95; 19th September 2013 at 2:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Sounds like Digimon :/

I don't know Noose, AG and D / P didn't disappoint me, they were my favorites matter of fact.
    People were severely disappointed by Sinnoh league and same goes for DA. Maybe this has something to do with the new trailer and stuff. We are so much into the new stuff that we don't care about the previous saga's ending.
    Chimchar sold more merchandise in DP than Piplup.

I'm really excited. It just looks so pretty! Even if it somehow turns out to be on the same level as BW (which I honestly didn't dislike as much as others, no offense anyone), I like the style so much that I probably would consider it better just because it looks nicer.

People were severely disappointed by Sinnoh league and same goes for DA. Maybe this has something to do with the new trailer and stuff. We are so much into the new stuff that we don't care about the previous saga's ending.
    Other than Team Rocket taking up a lot of time from the league, think that's the only thing people didn't like including myself thought it had good battles, Ash V.S Paul and ConWay were some of my favorites.

I think you can understand why so many were disappointed with the BW league, Virgil being added in nothing but advertisement, not even a battle with Ash, really?? Guy that lacks an IQ beats Ash thanks to an evolution?? Awful bleh. Other than that,AG and D / P had a lot of good moments in my opinion that out weight the bad.

Yah, every thing again my opinion from the preview looks ten times better than BW, not to mention the information we keep getting, Ash already looks great too, guess will have to wait and see
    Last edited by BlueDragonfangirl; 19th September 2013 at 2:58 PM.

People let's not talk about BW or DP, let's talk about how awesome this trailer is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean holy Miltank! Bonnie/Eureka has one of the most cutest voice I have ever heard. I like it when she calls Citron "Onii-chan". Ah, it's so AMMMAAAAAZING. And Serena, oh god her voice acting seems amazing too. And she seems to be inspired by Ash for some reason. Oh god finally we are getting some development on Ash's side. I am so gonna enjoy this. And ah, that Jenny! She's so damn hawt! And Joy looks so fat I guess too much sexiness can be a problem.

And oh god, that Garchomp scene! Rica Matsumoto's voice acting! Satoshi's voice seems to be slightly rougher. I may be hallucinating on this. But uggggggghh I don't care. I am on the hype train right now. And I don't care if people say it's gonna slow down after a few episodes,but right now I am freaking happy.

And that's all I can contribute to this thread,

And oh Giovanni! His suit is a bit odd, but he's wearing a new suit!!! Could this mean anything? One can only hope!

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

I thought the Sinnoh League was fine tbh. Compared to how rushed everything else was in DP's final stretch, we got some very good battles despite how Ash ultimately lost.

But you are right, every series disappoints somehow.

OS - the story more or less ceases to exist once they get to Johto, and Ash's original Pokémon outshine his new ones
    AG - Haven't actually finished watching this yet...but switching voices mid-saga isn't fun and the evil teams had a bit of a messy end
    DP - after the 7th gym the pacing grinds to a halt and then all the important stuff is rushed at the last minute. The cast also get a bit stale during that part
    BW - I actually like the filler and DA. What I don't like is that they were very quick to drop all the stories and character arcs they started, and someone thought it would be a good idea to have Team Rocket have several incredibly boring stories in season 1 after the Meteonite arc

The start of a new region is always full of such hype, but after BW I learned to lower my expectation bar as the series will eventually drop back to the usual save the Pokemon of the day, junk. Still with what I've seen I really hope we are going the AG route with the starters and only one character gets a starter. I actually want to see Clemont or Bonnie with a starter now. Maybe they can share it and both control it in battle, I don't know. Please go the AG route with the starters and the group dynamic.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    People let's not talk about BW or DP, let's talk about how awesome this trailer is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean holy Miltank! Bonnie/Eureka has one of the most cutest voice I have ever heard. I like it when she calls Citron "Onii-chan". Ah, it's so AMMMAAAAAZING. And Serena, oh god her voice acting seems amazing too. And she seems to be inspired by Ash for some reason. Oh god finally we are getting some development on Ash's side. I am so gonna enjoy this. And ah, that Jenny! She's so damn hawt! And Joy looks so fat I guess too much sexiness can be a problem.

And oh god, that Garchomp scene! Rica Matsumoto's voice acting! Satoshi's voice seems to be slightly rougher. I may be hallucinating on this. But uggggggghh I don't care. I am on the hype train right now. And I don't care if people say it's gonna slow down after a few episodes,but right now I am freaking happy.

And that's all I can contribute to this thread,

And oh Giovanni! His suit is a bit odd, but he's wearing a new suit!!! Could this mean anything? One can only hope!
    It seems to me, they really are trying to make Ash seem older, animation really is a good on that. Plus, him possibly being the oldest or more experience of the group will make him mentor like, so YAY!

What was wrong with the Sinnoh League? Ash got some good battles in. I mean the Paul vs Barry battle could of been better

It lacks substantial information to an almost comical degree, which would be why no one bothered even mentioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarefan View Post
    That made me lol. I can imagine her walking up to every female character: hey, have you met my brother yet. He's very cool and cute. Wanna be his GF?
    I'm going to lol so hard at this if it does happen. XD

But this looks great :>
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

My fear is no Team Rocket. We know they will be in it but no previews have showed them making me fear they will only appear at certain stages.

So.....Satoshi's first girl wasn't Kasumi....it was Serena, well that certainly take a wind away from Kasumi. Oh and her summary mentions something about her liking to be stylish which is putting my mind on red alert at this point. Eureka and Citron looked great and so did that Kerometsu and Gablias, I have to admit, the first few episodes look pretty strong. Not to mention I didn't expect to see the reporter all the way from the Entei movie appear here of all places.

Page 547 of 597 FirstFirst ... 447497537543544545546547548549550551557 ... LastLast