Page 71 of 597 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

TRio is awesome okay

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    There is no reason other then their fanboys to laugh since apparently TR is the only humor on this show...
    They're not even been funny. They haven't been funny since Johto. Seeing them actually getting more serious and competent instead of being comedic relief gives me some hope that they're actually being written off. Also they went back to their old Kanto motto which seems to me like they'll be leaving the show after BW...hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    Same here XD I don't see any reason for Team Rocket to stay.
    Thirded :P They should have left a long time ago

They're not even been funny. They haven't been funny since Johto. Seeing them actually getting more serious and competent instead of being comedic relief gives me some hope that they're actually being written off. Also they went back to their old Kanto motto which seems to me like they'll be leaving the show after BW...hopefully.
    Hey convince them, not me xD.

I want them to either stay serious or gtfo.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

I don't want Team Rocket back in XY unless they're serious.

Keep in mind humor is subjective. People are going to enjoy different things overall, and that includes humor, while you may have not found them to be funny past Johto, others did.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Keep in mind humor is subjective. People are going to enjoy different things overall, and that includes humor, while you may have not found them to be funny past Johto, others did.
    Exactly. Fun and entertainment can't be generalized. We're all different people with different brains, after all.

In-topic, if Team Rocket does leave, do you think that the writers will focus more on the local team in XY? I really hope so.
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

If TR stays I would like to see them get promoted again and start training new recruits in the XY region

I don't find Team Rocket leaving as the most feausible option to happen. And for good reason that you guys forgot and that was confirmed today (and technically in the trailer).

-Best Wishes Season 1: In that Season, everything was new. There were none older pokemon, almost none new characters, cameos aren't allowed, references of another series were almost non-existant, the cast is mainly new, etc.

-If Team Rocket survived that, do you really think that Team Rocket won't survive the 5th gen >>>> 6th gen transition?

If TR leaves, only Ash and Pikachu will stay on the show and all the characters are going to be new, being worse than BW.

Because Ash is staying, but:
    -Iris isn't staying unless a big surprise, mainly because his storyline can't be expanded in another region.
    -Cilan, apart that he promotes 5th gen, he is getting less and less screentime now. Not a good sign of staying.
    -Older characters: Dawn has Piplup that can cause her return and if Contest relally returns to the games exists the possibility of bring back hers. Brock is worse than Dawn because he doesn't have marketable pokemon although I remember that was the only character who returned to the cast. Misty and May are discarded completely. And we know that older character won't return unless very special circunstances.

=========================

I have a very clear opinion.* The main cast needs stability more than ever. I prefer a cast where ony 1/4 of the cast is a new character than a cast where all of it except Ash is new. Specially after BW change and after only 3 years as opposed of 4.

*I suspect that too many changes between DP and BW didn't go well to the writers. The Team Rocket VA's don't liking much serious TRio with all the parafernalia of funny TRio included and, in a lesser way, Dawn's cameo proves that the writers was more hurt than helped with Wb changes in the long term.
    Last edited by Eievui-Nymphia; 21st February 2013 at 3:57 PM. Reason: Evade problematic parts of my posts.

Team Rocket are almost definitely leaving. They couldn't leave at the end of DP because there was no build up back then, no Giovanni and TR were treated like nonsense characters.

BW has at least tried to give them a consistent plotline likely leading to their conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    The possibilities of Team Rocket really leaving are almost the opposite then Cyber says. (I think I see a little more TR leaves but he thinks of TR staying). And for good reason that you guys forgot and that was confirmed today (and technically in the trailer).

-Best Wishes Season 1: In that Season, everything was new. There were none older pokemon, almost none new characters, cameos aren't allowed, references of another series were almost non-existant, the cast is mainly new, etc.

-If Team Rocket survived that, do you really think that Team Rocket won't survive the 5th gen >>>> 6th gen transition?

If TR leaves, only Ash and Pikachu will stay on the show and all the characters are going to be new, being worse than BW.

Because Ash is staying, but:
    -Iris isn't staying unless a big surprise, mainly because his storyline can't be expanded in another region.
    -Cilan, apart that he promotes 5th gen, he is getting less and less screentime now. Not a good sign of staying.
    -Older characters: Dawn has Piplup that can cause her return and if Contest relally returns to the games exists the possibility of bring back hers. Brock is worse than Dawn because he doesn't have marketable pokemon although I remember that was the only character who returned to the cast. Misty and May are discarded completely. And we know that older character won't return unless very special circunstances.
    Agreed! Bring back the Penguin and TRio stays

Quote Originally Posted by Terror Of Master View Post
    Do you actually believe this would happen? I'm asking in a serious manner.

Quote Originally Posted by fer92 View Post
    This is the only thing I'm skeptical about. I'm happy with returns, but I doubt it would be returning as a main character. A cameo is all I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    This is the only thing I'm skeptical about. I'm happy with returns, but I doubt it would be returning as a main character. A cameo is all I expect.
    The only cameos next gen will be of Iris and Cilan obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    No duh Sir Obvious...

This anime is about marketing. Piplup is the most popular pokemon besides Pikachu. It's definitely plausible. TR staying is also plausible since they've been in every region. Also Cilan doesn't have to get a GUEST APPEARENCE Brock didn't.

I thought you said that male characters don't return?

I'm expecting Cilan to stay on the main cast for this series, unless it's already been confirmed that he's leaving when BW ends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I'm expecting Cilan to stay on the main cast for this series, unless it's already been confirmed that he's leaving when BW ends?
    I'm thinking he'll stay. Because many people have bee speculating that this new region is probably where Pokemon Connoisseurs originated from. So, it would be an interesting idea. But, nah, I don't think we've received confirmation.

I'm thinking he'll stay. Because many people have bee speculating that this new region is probably where Pokemon Connoisseurs originated from. So, it would be an interesting idea. But, nah, I don't think we've received confirmation.
    Unless it was dub only Lenora said that Connoisseurs got their start in the Unova Region

Unless it was dub only Lenora said that Connoisseurs got their start in the Unova Region
    Yea, they're not known much outside of Unova. So, that must mean they started there, but I think it's best to wait for more information. Things like this usually backfires on me. xD

this

Yes
    Yea, they're not known much outside of Unova. So, that must mean they started there, but I think it's best to wait for more information. Things like this usually backfires on me. xD
    Cilan should go. He's all tapped out and its only been 1 saga, just give him his S rank badge for services vs team plasma and say a purrloin took a #2 on his favorite apron or something for the fear and that would be it for him.

This anime is about marketing. Piplup is the most popular pokemon besides Pikachu. It's definitely plausible. TR staying is also plausible since they've been in every region. Also Cilan doesn't have to get a GUEST APPEARENCE Brock didn't.
    Piplup will probably continue to appear in Pikachu shorts unrelated to Dawn. Same reason we still see random Jigglypuff's, Snorlax's and Eevee's in these shorts.

Personally I want everyone who is still on the main cast or whatever gone by XY. I know Ash is staying so I won't even go into that, but Team Rocket should have expired long ago. They no longer serve any purpose at all and the writers should just focus on the local evil team of the new region. I'm hoping Team Rocket leave. Giovanni and Team Rocket are old news. I say focus on the new evil team, and bring comedy in another fashion besides Team Rocket. Stop the madness.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Ya one problem with your theory. Unless contests are coming back, Dawn is gone and for good reason too. That blasted penguin needs to stay gone.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Page 71 of 597 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast