Page 77 of 597 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

I'd love it if Dento stayed too, hes one of my favorites of this new cast. It'd be great if he could be the new Brock.

edit;

I'll miss Team Rocket if they go.

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    I'll miss Team Rocket if they go.
    So would I but I think it might be time. I'd rather Ash and Cilan stay than Team Rocket staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I couldn't agree more, and in all fairness he was a unique character with some cool Pokemon.

Just think, if he'd stay'd around in Johto no doubt his Marill and Scyther would have evolved into their Johto evolutions to showcase them. Venonat probably would have too, but that would have been simply for development on his character i suppose. I wonder what kind of development plots the writers would have introduced for him and any other Pokemon they would have made him catch.
    Definitely, i can imagine Scyther at very least evolving if he stayed for Johto becoming rejuvenated as Scizor and more agile in battle.
    Venonat is likely candidate for this too, and i find Johto had many interesting, cool pokemon which would suit TRacey personality and affinity toward sketching.

Like Smeargle. I always thought he would've been excellent addition to his team.

I know right now that this statement will spark a lot of arguments and flame wars.
    Not necessarily. I still have some faith in fandom being mature enough to handle different opinions and harmless suggestions.

Anyhow, i'm not really sure. I've never been a big fan of Misty (or any female companion for that matter so i have an even non-biased perspective) but i know for a fact returning her to the group would be more difficult after all this time and the story situation she's in. Obviously, the writers can make a plot line with ease which allows her to rejoin Ash, but i feel now she's gone, and returned for not only the Water Gym Special and in BF that she's settled down as the Cerulean City Gym Leader now, i'd prefer it to stay that way.
    Eh after seeing how easily Giovanni was implemented in today anime after so much time playing valuable role, i believe same could've been done with ex main companion like Misty.
    She was in reality replaced in such a way that writers could in reality easily reintroduce her back. Main reason she took over gym was due to obligation and sisters incompetence, and providing substitute gets provided i could see her hitting road again like other gym leaders did(Wallace, Cilan, Fantina , Candice etc)to advance her skills and goal of becoming water master.

Such as creating chain of events using water to full potential serving as further steps forward, introducing to her rival which strives for same thing, add new dimensions to poke team by catching various dual water types creating diversity in her team etc.

If anything her dream allows that her life path meets Ash's again more than its case with other companions even longterm wise, such as joining cast again.
    Since her dream is to become water master(top class of water trainer in world) she could enter tasks she would need to pass to determine if she has potential to become E4 , which instantly draws parallel with Ash story serving as link to it .
    After all E4 are best one type trainers and seeing how Lorelei is her idol opens interesting premise of ending as powerful water trainer or E4 member apprentice in future serving as reasonable step forward from position shes put in now.

In a way Misty never received closure with her dreams and aspirations being left unfinished. Unlike its case with Brock or Gary who blatantly changed their carers with Misty writers left things unclear not knowing if she still wants to become water master or not. Judging by reaction in "Gotta Catch Ya Later" and in chronicles they made it rather obvious how she never gave up from her original goal being left on large part uncleared what are her future plans.

She is sort of in middle, being one of reasons why i think writer could reintroduce her back if truly wanted without damaging her story if sequel is done.

Also i miss her multisided personality bringing lot of comedy, fierce clash and sarcastic inputs which could lift chemistry to be more spicy and endearing with her around imo. In my view i guess it would be interesting for change to receive continuation of already established ad experienced female companion going through more substantial growth being nice detour from usual formula we got used to. Of novice trainers going from zero/scratch.

Either way i can understand how you feel and understand your desire not to be major character again, because not everyone is going to welcome it for understandable reasons. Especially after so much time.

But to me it doesn't matter if someone is absent for long, because with good enough story he can become relevant again in future if situation calls for it . Can have novelty about himself if writers take their story to exciting and undiscovered direction, and bring that excitement and hype when given continuation shaking up fans in positive way.
    Like Charizard return after so much time did in a sense.

I would definitely give her chance in main series again, if by some miracle writers ever return her.

But to each their own i guess.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 20th February 2013 at 9:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    So would I but I think it might be time. I'd rather Ash and Cilan stay than Team Rocket staying.
    They wouldn't get rid of Ash if Team Rocket stayed, they've been together since the Kanto seriesXD
    Dento on the other hand, Brock's been with the group with Team Rocket around, same thing could happen with him.
    I don't know what they could do though? Than again, they've shown even without Team Plasma around or N they can still stick around and steal Pikachu meh.

They wouldn't get rid of Ash if Team Rocket stayed, they've been together since the Kanto seriesXD
    Dento on the other hand, Brock's been with the group with Team Rocket around, same thing could happen with him.
    I don't know what they could do though? Than again, they've shown even without Team Plasma around or N they can still stick around and steal Pikachu meh.
    I'm not saying Ash would leave before TR but I am saying that if he did, I wouldn't like that. Could you imagine, a new protagonist replacing Ash and TR chasing that kid around a new region? Ugh. I honestly hope TR leave. It's mostly because I don't like what the writers are doing with them. They seem to have no idea where to take these characters. They have been all over the place this generation.

Let's please not discuss TRio leaving. They have about as much chance as leaving as Pikachu. Even if TR formally disbands due to Mewtwo killing Giovanni or some similar catastrophe at the end those 3 will just chase Pikachu because it's all they know how to do.

N must travel with Ash in gen 6. IT WOULD BE AMAZING. Its possible. It really is. Just gonna hope for the best.
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

I would love to have a trio of Ash, new girl, and N for X and Y if there is no 4 person group for this gen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Let's please not discuss TRio leaving. They have about as much chance as leaving as Pikachu.
    I really disagree with this. Pikachu has been in every episode since he appeared. With TR, they haven't had nearly as much appearances as they did in DP. I think they are going to leave. They won't chase Ash if Giovanni is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Like Smeargle. I always thought he would've been excellent addition to his team.
    Smeargle was the perfect Pokemon for Tracey.

To be fair i'm surprised he wasn't given one in a special or something, it's a Pokemon based on drawing -.-

Eh after seeing how easily Giovanni was implemented in today anime after so much time playing valuable role, i believe same could've been done with ex main companion like Misty.
    The case with Giovanni and Misty is different.

Misty's story was changed frequently and she ultimately settled down as a Water Gym Leader.

Giovanni however has been the same since the start of the show, he's just a villain waiting around to do certain schemes. His role hasn't really been set.

-snip-

But to each their own i guess.
    Yeah, i read what you have to say. It's clear that it's each to their own haha. I'd never object to Misty returning, i'm just not a fan of the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Not with BW.

Anyways, I wasn't too in love with the idea of 4 people traveling together like there was in Hoenn, but I wonder if we'll ever see that again.
    Only way that will happen again is if they want two male sidekicks again.

As for the people bringing up Tracey/Max, what are you guys talking about?

I'm not saying Ash would leave before TR but I am saying that if he did, I wouldn't like that. Could you imagine, a new protagonist replacing Ash and TR chasing that kid around a new region? Ugh. I honestly hope TR leave. It's mostly because I don't like what the writers are doing with them. They seem to have no idea where to take these characters. They have been all over the place this generation.
    Bleh, no thanks on replacing the main character thing, I already have had enough of that with Digimon, get attached to main characters than leave for the next one. Plus Ash is one of my favorites, has been since Kanto I'd miss him.

Thats why I don't see Team Rocket getting replaced, they can do whatever the heck they want with them =/

edit;

HA If N traveled with Ash, I wouldn't be against it.

I really disagree with this. Pikachu has been in every episode since he appeared. With TR, they haven't had nearly as much appearances as they did in DP. I think they are going to leave. They won't chase Ash if Giovanni is dead.
    We shall see. Personally I don't think anything will come of BW besides TR slowly reverting back to DP form.

Yes just YES!
    Your sig was far too tall. Read the rules before you add anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Let's please not discuss TRio leaving. They have about as much chance as leaving as Pikachu. Even if TR formally disbands due to Mewtwo killing Giovanni or some similar catastrophe at the end those 3 will just chase Pikachu because it's all they know how to do.
    But then pikachu is the mascot of the franchise while the trio are main characters. Case in point, I don't want them to leave either but I wouldn't want them to kill of Giovanni.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    But then pikachu is the mascot of the franchise while the trio are main characters. Case in point, I don't want them to leave either but I wouldn't want them to kill of Giovanni.
    They wouldn't kill off Giovanni. He's too popular within the fandom.

I never knew he was that popular. I always thought the trio was more popular than him.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    I never knew he was that popular. I always thought the trio was more popular than him.
    I never said he was more popular than the TRio but there's more to Pokémon than the anime. They have the games, the manga, etc. Giovanni is one of the most popular characters in the franchise.

I never said he was more popular than the TRio but there's more to Pokémon than the anime. They have the games, the manga, etc. Giovanni is one of the most popular characters in the franchise.
    You have nothing really to back that up.

How popular was Hunter J? I thought she was pretty popular back in D/P series was airing, not that I think they'd kill him but.

If hes too popular to die, wouldn't he be too popular to be replaced? Than again, the female main characters are always popular and they do.

Other than Ash and Pikachu, every things up in the air right now, even Team Rocket.

How popular was Hunter J?
    Not as popular as Giovanni. Every Pokémon fan knows who Giovanni is. You can't say the same for Hunter J.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Smeargle was the perfect Pokemon for Tracey.

To be fair i'm surprised he wasn't given one in a special or something, it's a Pokemon based on drawing -.-
    I know right? It was definitely one big missed opportunity, but than again writers often have nasty habit of overlooking potential and appeal for something which could be exciting and engaging story. So go figure.

The case with Giovanni and Misty is different.

Misty's story was changed frequently and she ultimately settled down as a Water Gym Leader.

Giovanni however has been the same since the start of the show, he's just a villain waiting around to do certain schemes. His role hasn't really been set.
    Fair enough, though its not like Misty role had been fully solidified either to point of preventing change since it was never cleared up if she still wants to become water master or not staying mainly due to obligation and necessity rather than viewing this her new calling(in chronicles she even said in one of episodes how she has to stay there for time being due to sisters being useless expressing her frustration). Im trying to say how Her story was left undefined on large part with writers not cementing in what direction its going to go in future leaving room for change in way.
    Many gym leaders leave their positions to develop new battling style, learn new things and expand horizons , to pursue their own dreams or to advance as trainer so its not like it would be strange in Misty following such footsteps too eventually always having high ambitions being adventurous type who likes to explore.

Especially if substitute for gym gets found or one of older sisters like Daisy becomes more responsible through character growth filling in. Technically Misty was gym leader before meeting Ash too not posing problem in leaving to pursue water master dream, so in a way this shouldn't be issue now either if purpose is to advance as trainer aiming for higher position like water Hoenn champion or her idol did.

Writers definitely left foundation with story on which they could pick up and do sequel having material to make worthwhile arc from it, if they ever felt need to do it that is imo.

Similar happened when Brock left prof. Ivy rejoining Ash, although that seemed more like exception to writers rule rather than something to go by.

Yeah, i read what you have to say. It's clear that it's each to their own haha. I'd never object to Misty returning, i'm just not a fan of the idea.
    Well i appreciate your honesty and standpoint about it.

I guess im not so much skeptic toward such idea personally, though i can understand those who would be. So i guess agree to disagree than.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 20th February 2013 at 10:30 PM.

There will not be any old characters in the X and Y anime. If TR leave at BW's end it will be Ash/Pikachu and that's it.

Each generation has purged the older cast more and more. Only Dawn appeared in BW, only May appeared in DP, and Misty hasn't appeared since mid-AG. The cycle will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    There will not be any old characters in the X and Y anime. If TR leave at BW's end it will be Ash/Pikachu and that's it.

Each generation has purged the older cast more and more. Only Dawn appeared in BW, only May appeared in DP, and Misty hasn't appeared since mid-AG. The cycle will continue.
    Cilan has a chance to stay. His lack of episodes and captures could mean he'll be staying for one more gen. He would fit well in France.

I do kind of agree - Cilan in a region thats based on france could be good. Although I'd want Cilan only to be there for a few episodes then open up a cafe or take over a cafe in the region, and you journey with a female member (already befriended with Cilan at the start) and a new male member (who Ash met a few episodes before Cilan's departure).

I just don't think Cilan has the likeability across the whole fanbase to continue. Although really it's my personal choice, I just don't like Cilan and his personality.

POKÉMON OMEGA RUBY & APLHA SAPPHIRE |
    0301-9985-7534 | SAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

Page 77 of 597 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast