Page 82 of 597 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #2026
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,375

    Default

    Ash traveling with a promiscous girl who constantly comes on to him but is actually a guy along with a fat dude would make for a totally awesome group dynamic!

  2. #2027
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden~
    Posts
    3,855

    Default

    A girly guy that's in love with Ash? That would be amazing. A fat guy? That would be amazing.

    Yaoi + Fat Guys rules! Wait...

    ... I just hope that, if there are two new companions in the new Season, they will have good goals that they will actually follow. Poor Dento doesn't really do much with his. D:
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

    One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

        Spoiler:- Number 1:

        Spoiler:- Number 2:

        Spoiler:- Number 3:

  3. #2028
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,860

    Default

    We've never had a fat guy on the show. That would be interesting. However, we've never had a fat girl on the show either. Taht would also be interesting. But we will have to hear horrible fan rants each episode unless they do something that takes complete eyes off of his/her weight.

    My ideal battle ever!

  4. #2029
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    We've never had a fat guy on the show. That would be interesting. However, we've never had a fat girl on the show either. Taht would also be interesting. But we will have to hear horrible fan rants each episode unless they do something that takes complete eyes off of his/her weight.
    Well Stephan and to an extent, Morrison were shown tone pretty fat?
        Spoiler:- Game Teams:
    I have a pretty good reputation on these forums... Well i mean I could...

  5. #2030
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    5,127

    Default

    My prediction for Ash's traveling companions

    Female Traveling Companion
    - Studying under the professor of the Gen VI Region
    - Starts out with Chespin as her starter Pokemon which she already had prior to meeting Ash
    - Wants to become a Pokemon researcher and her goal is to meet and record data on different Pokemon that is why she is traveling.
    - Mature for her age, but is also immature at times despite her vast knowledge on Pokemon her battling skills are mediocre at first.
    - Her Chespin would evolve, and she'd have rivals. She'd also have an Eevee which would evolve into Sylveon.



    Male Traveling Companion
    - A Pokemon Ranger/rescue worker.
    - His goal would be to become an established Pokemon Ranger/Rescue Worker(like Virgil) but in order to do so he would have to go on a journey and capture, and befriend various Pokemon thus why he travels with Ash.
    - Personality wise he would be somewhat smug and would argue with Ash often much like Iris does leaving the female companion in the middle. However, would care greatly about his friends.
    - Much like Brock/Cilan he would be behind cooking most of the meals.
    - He would develop rivalries one with another kid training to be a Pokemon Ranger and a roughneck like trainer who wants to be a ranger as well.
    - He would have a Fennekin, and a Makuhita.

    So Ash would get Froakie, Female traveling companion would get Chespin, Male traveling companion would get Fennekin. Ash's main rival would also have a Fennekin.
    Last edited by JD; 1st March 2013 at 2:01 AM.

  6. #2031
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Kuroha's Womb, obviously
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    My prediction for Ash's traveling companions

    Female Traveling Companion
    - Studying under the professor of the Gen VI Region
    - Starts out with Chespin as her starter Pokemon which she already had prior to meeting Ash
    - Wants to become a Pokemon researcher and her goal is to meet and record data on different Pokemon that is why she is traveling.
    - Mature for her age, but is also immature at times despite her vast knowledge on Pokemon her battling skills are mediocre at first.
    - Her Chespin would evolve, and she'd have rivals. She'd also have an Eevee which would evolve into Sylveon.



    Male Traveling Companion
    - A Pokemon Ranger/rescue worker.
    - His goal would be to become an established Pokemon Ranger/Rescue Worker(like Virgil) but in order to do so he would have to go on a journey and capture, and befriend various Pokemon thus why he travels with Ash.
    - Personality wise he would be somewhat smug and would argue with Ash often much like Iris does leaving the female companion in the middle. However, would care greatly about his friends.
    - Much like Brock/Cilan he would be behind cooking most of the meals.
    - He would develop rivalries one with another kid training to be a Pokemon Ranger and a roughneck like trainer who wants to be a ranger as well.
    - He would have a Fennekin, and a Makuhita.

    So Ash would get Froakie, Female traveling companion would get Chespin, Male traveling companion would get Fennekin. Ash's main rival would also have a Fennekin.
    I agree with your speculation about Ash's female companion. We need more intelligent and mature female companion
    WARNING : I really hiatus from Pokeani Spoiler because I move to other anime fandom. It doesn't mean I hate Pokeani, but I should keep my reputation for not being annoyed by stranger people who doesn't like/underestimate Pokeani. If you want to CHAT about POKEANI with me, please CONTACT me below. Thanks
    Follow my Twitter : @mega_shootiepie | Blackberry Messenger : 2b37cbed (Mega ShootiePie) (will move to BBM because I am gonna have new phone) | LINE : mega_shootiepie | My Instagram

  7. #2032
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    4,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokememes View Post
    Well Stephan and to an extent, Morrison were shown tone pretty fat?
    We've never had an overweight traveling companion, that's what they meant.

    I honestly don't know what they should be. I don't think Cilan should leave until he becomes an S-Class Sommelier. What's strange is that we have yet to see an S-Class Sommelier.

    I am starting to think Iris & Cilan will stay due to their slow progress of their goals. Iris has yet to evolve Axew, not sure how "competent" it is in battling. For now I think they are sticking with Ash to the next region. It's really tough to discuss traveling partners when we haven't gotten any clue as to who the characters are. the design of the female character looks familiar.
    - Claimed:



    -XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

    Pokemon Y Team:

    Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

    3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

  8. #2033
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ariana's vocal cords
    Posts
    44,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    My prediction for Ash's traveling companions

    Female Traveling Companion
    - Studying under the professor of the Gen VI Region
    - Starts out with Chespin as her starter Pokemon which she already had prior to meeting Ash
    - Wants to become a Pokemon researcher and her goal is to meet and record data on different Pokemon that is why she is traveling.
    - Mature for her age, but is also immature at times despite her vast knowledge on Pokemon her battling skills are mediocre at first.
    - Her Chespin would evolve, and she'd have rivals. She'd also have an Eevee which would evolve into Sylveon.



    Male Traveling Companion
    - A Pokemon Ranger/rescue worker.
    - His goal would be to become an established Pokemon Ranger/Rescue Worker(like Virgil) but in order to do so he would have to go on a journey and capture, and befriend various Pokemon thus why he travels with Ash.
    - Personality wise he would be somewhat smug and would argue with Ash often much like Iris does leaving the female companion in the middle. However, would care greatly about his friends.
    - Much like Brock/Cilan he would be behind cooking most of the meals.
    - He would develop rivalries one with another kid training to be a Pokemon Ranger and a roughneck like trainer who wants to be a ranger as well.
    - He would have a Fennekin, and a Makuhita.

    So Ash would get Froakie, Female traveling companion would get Chespin, Male traveling companion would get Fennekin. Ash's main rival would also have a Fennekin.
    I don't really like the idea of a female researcher who travels with Ash. I mean she would probably know too much about Pokemon, which would render the Pokedex obsolete. Also, I don't understand how a researcher would have a rival. Like, that's never been brought up before and I don't think it would work out. Also, the idea of a Ranger-esque male companion bothers me because I could see how that would result in him being involved in every other episode, and I personally want a low-key male companion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Airi-Chan View Post
    We need more intelligent and mature female companion
    I see the shade.

  9. #2034
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,391

    Default

    Although a slight issue with the New Girl wanting to be a Pokémon Professor would meld too much with Cilan's Science Connoisseur shtick. That means Ash would be the "dumb" one of the group again and I don't want that.

    Her goal can still be to become a Pokémon Professor but has no experience or knowledge. That way Ash is her mentor in Pokémon - Human interaction and the physical aspect of battling. Cilan can be her mentor in the basics, taking care of pokemon, and the facts of battling. That way they don't make Ash dumb again.

    Ash: Gyms
    Girl: n/a
    Cilan: Contests
    All: Tournaments

    seems fine. As for rivals, well.

    Ash
    1. Main Rival - Female Game Protagonist
    2. Secondary Rival - a Male PokéFrance Trainer
    3. Others - Type-Specialist

    Cilan
    1. Burgundy
    2. Jessie
    3. a Male PokéFrance Trainer

    Girl
    1. n/a

    Random : PokéRadar


  10. #2035
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Although a slight issue with the New Girl wanting to be a Pokémon Professor would meld too much with Cilan's Science Connoisseur shtick. That means Ash would be the "dumb" one of the group again and I don't want that.
    Hey now hold on, Cilan is an everything Connoisseur, so it's not fair to exclude someone just because Cilan is already a connoisseur of that.

    Secondly since I only want Ash to return in 6th gen (main character wise), I have no problem with an intelligent female companion.

    In fact we never had a book smart female companion (well along the lines of Brock/Cilan).
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  11. #2036
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,138

    Default

    Iris is pretty knowlageable and smart.

    Knows a lot about battling, has her own wild instincts that usually help, knows how to make medicine and knows how to searsh for ingredients for said medicine or to make food(and by that I don't mean, she knows apples grow in trees).

    They actually split Takeshi character into two with the cooking(Dent) and medicine(Iris) but I guess we can say Dent knows more(hes older afterall).

  12. #2037
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I don't really like the idea of a female researcher who travels with Ash. I mean she would probably know too much about Pokemon, which would render the Pokedex obsolete. Also, I don't understand how a researcher would have a rival. Like, that's never been brought up before and I don't think it would work out. Also, the idea of a Ranger-esque male companion bothers me because I could see how that would result in him being involved in every other episode, and I personally want a low-key male companion.



    I see the shade.
    The reason I don't think a researcher would work in the anime is you don't battle as much. All the femals had goals where battling was a main point in some case. This is why I don't the writers would ever put the female lead in that spot, nor should they anime wise.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  13. #2038
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,629

    Default

    I would love for ash's new companion to be a Pokemon Ranger starter. they could give him a none starter poke and it would be a nice change.
    a clumsey charcter.
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

  14. #2039
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    My hopes for ash's traveling partners:

    Girl:
    The female protagonist seen in the trailer (blonde)
    She is only starting off as a trainer..
    She catches cute Pokemon with some exceptions of very strong (eg. Dawns mamoswine)
    She is developing greatly, starting for the bottom
    We see her grow, instead of the story been mainly based around ash.
    Something like dawn and mays contests,
    Her personality is clumsy and funny buy very determine.


    Guy:
    An older guy to take care, taking the older brother role like Brock and cilan.
    Tanned,spikey black hair with a green streak.
    He catches bug grass and poison Pokemon finding the ugliest ones so cute and the girl can't see why.
    He is very inteligent and his mother his a gym leader, she wants him to take over but he wants to be a Pokémon breeder.

    As for who gets the starters/ their partners
    Ash gets Chespin and fennekin
    Girl gets froakie
    The guy has the regional bug

    __________

    Ash's rival:
    A guy
    His a smug trainer who enjoys ev training ect...
    Ash thinks he over thinks pokemon trainer, and they develop a rivalry for each other

    Girls rival:
    A girl
    A tom boy who is an old friend, the too have a friendly rivalry.

    Guys rival:
    His brother, who wants to take over the gym but his mother won't let him he is jealous and wants to be more like his brother. (Enjoys fire types)
    Last edited by adamfitz; 1st March 2013 at 3:31 PM.


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  15. #2040
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    I just hope that one of the two new companions is a complete rookie so they don't have to dumb down Ash and have him be the one questioning and dexing everything. Make it like Hoenn where he doesn't even have a main rival to lose to all the time. I hope the next series begins as a direct continuation to BW like AG and DP did, where we see Ash already leave there at the end of this series. So he's less likely to regress in between lol.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  16. #2041
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    31,067

    Default

    They can't do another female rookie trainer. What can a new girl be like and not be a copy?

  17. #2042
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They can't do another female rookie trainer. What can a new girl be like and not be a copy?
    Does it really matter if they do another rookie trainer? As long as she isn't a Coordinator.

  18. #2043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They can't do another female rookie trainer. What can a new girl be like and not be a copy?
    They made May and Dawn, so unforunately yes they can make another rookie trainer.

    They'll probably do another trainer who wants to be a (type) master. That, or a new concept is made in Gen VI that is different to contests and type master.

  19. #2044
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,170

    Default

    Personality-wise, there's a lot of ways for the characters to be different from each other. This girl could be shy or clumsy-none of the girls have been. May doubted herself at times, but she wasn't necessarily shy. Bonus points if this girl is a bit of a nerd.

    I wouldn't mind another coordinator girl, honestly. I always found that a cool concept.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

  20. #2045
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I would love if Ash gets a traveling friend like Rangiku Matsumoto. XD

    I would not mind Ash's new rival being a female similar to Naoto from Persona 4

  21. #2046
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    They can't do another female rookie trainer. What can a new girl be like and not be a copy?
    There is plenty they can do with a female rookie to set her apart from the others. It's just the writers are to stereotypical with them it won't happen. If we do get a new girl I hope she's in the middle. Not to much of a rookie, and not to much experience either.

    Pokemon characters can be groundbreaking but the anime just screws up it's potential but churning out the same old rehash stories in the same direction. I should put that in the unpopular opinion thread, I think I will.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  22. #2047
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    IN YO FACE
    Posts
    4,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    If we do get a new girl I hope she's in the middle. Not to much of a rookie, and not to much experience either.
    That's pretty much Iris.

  23. #2048
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    That's pretty much Iris.
    I don't want another Iris, no offense. I would want this character whoever it is to actually do something with their Pokemon. And by middle I don't mean the character has won 99 victories off screen, I mean the character isn't stupid, knows the basics of how to catch a Pokemon but has just never done it before. The character studied all the basics of Pokemon before starting a journey and lives by it.

    If anything the character would be close to Trip if anybody, just not personality wise. For all his flaws, I liked that Trip knew the basics of Pokemon for a first timer. If the writing was different, Trip could have been pulled off.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  24. #2049
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I don't want another Iris, no offense. I would want this character whoever it is to actually do something with their Pokemon. And by middle I don't mean the character has won 99 victories off screen, I mean the character isn't stupid, knows the basics of how to catch a Pokemon but has just never done it before. The character studied all the basics of Pokemon before starting a journey and lives by it.

    If anything the character would be close to Trip if anybody, just not personality wise. For all his flaws, I liked that Trip knew the basics of Pokemon for a first timer. If the writing was different, Trip could have been pulled off.
    But once again, Iris is that, she knows everything she needed to know before the journey.

  25. #2050
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    But once again, Iris is that, she knows everything she needed to know before the journey.
    I think he meant a character with the knowledge, but without any accomplishment. Iris managed to win a tournament with Drilbur/Excadrill in the past, so she wasn't a beginner. She already had some experience.

    I think that's what he wants: a knowledgeable beginner Trainer. Correct me if I'm wrong, Platinum fan.
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

Page 82 of 597 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •