Page 88 of 597 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm shocked that you actually felt Pignite was an issue...not so much that you blame Oshawott (Mijumaru) and Scraggy
    I have said from the very beginning that it should be ALL except Pikachu. Pignite is not that bad since he actually did something though.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

There was a slight glimmer of hope that it could work out... but Palpitoad's capture proved just why it was not a good move
    I just hope that the writers don't repeat their mistakes in the X & Y anime. I hope they make Ash use just six Pokemon, because apparently that's all they can handle. And if they're really interested in trying rotation again, then I think they should limit themselves to just two reserve Pokemon so that at least screen-time won't have to be split too many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The majority of the blame falls upon Pignite.
    I agree to be honest. I mean did we really need another evolved Fire-type Starter who takes too much battle screen-time for himself?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I just hope that the writers don't repeat their mistakes in the X & Y anime. I hope they make Ash use six Pokemon, because apparently that's all they can handle. And if they're really interested in trying rotation again, then I think they should limit themselves to just two reserve Pokemon so that at least screen-time won't have to be split too many ways.

I agree to be honest. I mean did we really need another evolved Fire-type Starter who takes too much battle screen-time for himself?
    LOl u are such a troll *facepalms*

Enjoy your bias buddy .
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Enjoy your bias buddy .
    I think a lot of people agree with her though. It is so reductive to see a fire pokemon shine so much, but I think Pignite didn't stand out too much, unless you solely base it off the starter pokemon.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I have to say at least for the most part, Pignite still has more of a losing record then other fire starters
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by jrizza88 View Post
    I think a lot of people agree with her though. It is so reductive to see a fire pokemon shine so much, but I think Pignite didn't stand out too much, unless you solely base it off the starter pokemon.
    Go read what I originally posted that he quoted please.
    Last edited by 1rkhachatryan; 12th March 2013 at 7:03 PM.

Enjoy your bias buddy .
    I was just spilling some tea.~ But seriously, I know that a lot of people are tired of the way Ash's Fire Starters always seem to slay on the battlefield. The writers basically favor them over Grass-type Starters and Water-type Starters; I know for a fact that tons of people have complained about the latter type being constantly overshadowed.

I pray to God that this doesn't happen again if Ash gets Fennekin. I love her and I don't want her to become another cliché, overpowered Fire Starter. :x

I was just spilling some tea.~ But seriously, I know that a lot of people are tired of the way Ash's Fire Starters always seem to slay on the battlefield. The writers basically favor them over Grass-type Starters and Water-type Starters; I know for a fact that tons of people have complained about the latter type being constantly overshadowed.

I pray to God that this doesn't happen again if Ash gets Fennekin. I love her, but I don't want her to become another cliché, overpowered Fire Starter. :x
    The only thing that get's used even more then the Fire starters is Ash's electric stater XD

Fennekin has more of a chance to be male honestly
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I pray to God that this doesn't happen again if Ash gets Fennekin. I love her and I don't want her to become another cliché, overpowered Fire Starter. :x
    I think not having it be part Fighting would help in that regard.

But I'm expecting Ash not to get one at all.

Honestly, Ash could have done without capturing Oshawott or Snivy. He didn't really need Palpitoad or Boldore either. Unfezant, Leavanny, Pikachu, Scraggy, Krookodile, Pignite, Oshawott/Snivy, would have been a good team imo. Despite what everyone else is saying, I don't think the rotation system should be foresaken. It could have been implemented better, yes, but I don't think the idea should be dropped. I still think to this day his Sinnoh team suffered from overall stagnate and bitterness later on and rotating more members together would have helped that given DP's sizable length for an 8-badge quest. Unfortunately BW's badge quest wasn't as long, it would have been ideal for the number of Pokemon Ash has.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Honestly, Ash could have done without capturing Oshawott or Snivy. He didn't really need Palpitoad or Boldore either. Unfezant, Leavanny, Pikachu, Scraggy, Krookodile, Pignite, Oshawott/Snivy, would have been a good team imo. Despite what everyone else is saying, I don't think the rotation system should be foresaken. It could have been implemented better, yes, but I don't think the idea should be dropped. I still think to this day his Sinnoh team suffered from overall stagnate and bitterness later on and rotating more members together would have helped that given DP's sizable length for an 8-badge quest. Unfortunately BW's badge quest wasn't as long, it would have been ideal for the number of Pokemon Ash has.
    But we all knew Oshawott was gonna be Ash's even before Best Wishes started...

But we all knew Oshawott was gonna be Ash's even before Best Wishes started...
    Yeah, Japan kind of has a thing for Oshawott.

I'm thinking he should've just had Tepig and Oshawott, that would make his team that Doryuzu suggested more balanced (having Snivy over Oshawott would mean he would have two Grass types). Also, Trip started with Snivy, so they could've just showcased that Snivy instead of Ash catching his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Yeah, Japan kind of has a thing for Oshawott.

I'm thinking he should've just had Tepig and Oshawott, that would make his team that Doryuzu suggested more balanced (having Snivy over Oshawott would mean he would have two Grass types). Also, Trip started with Snivy, so they could've just showcased that Snivy instead of Ash catching his own.
    Honestly he should of just gotten Mijumaru so that at least two more spots could of been freed up for the reserves.

Honestly he should of just gotten Mijumaru so that at least two more spots could of been freed up for the reserves.
    Actually, looking at Doryuzu's list again, I notice Scraggy doesn't really have a unique typing (since Ash already has Krookodile for Dark and Pignite for Fighting), why not scrap him (or make him a reserve)?

Actually, looking at Doryuzu's list again, I notice Scraggy doesn't really have a unique typing (since Ash already has Krookodile for Dark and Pignite for Fighting), why not scrap him (or make him a reserve)?
    EVERYBODY except for Pikachu should of been a reserve and rotated regularly.

EVERYBODY except for Pikachu should of been a reserve and rotated regularly.
    That won't work because the starters tend to hog the spotlight (and the regional bird). They can get away with rotating just about any other Pokemon, but I can see how those 5 would be just too marketable for the writers to let them go.

Honestly, Ash could have done without capturing Oshawott or Snivy.
    That would have left Tepig with too much legroom, and knowing how the writers can't seem to stop themselves from overusing Fire Starters, there's no doubt in my mind that Tepig would've evolved all the way and would have become another Charizard and Infernape. Boring. If anything, Snivy should have been Ash's only Starter. We needed another Sceptile in my opinion.

But maybe I'm getting off-track. I think I should be focusing more on the Gen 6 Starters; I think it's great that things are starting off fresh and with a clean slate.

I'm thinking it'll be Pikachu, Chespin and/or Froakie, the regional bird, and two or three random Pokes. Honestly, I don't really think there's much to say in regards to the starters, it's almost guaranteed that he's getting at least one, and which one(s) is a matter of opinion.

One thing not related to his team I'd like to see happen is for them to take another stab at making Team Rocket more of a threat. It seems like they were doing a pretty good job of it at the beginning of the series, and then they just cancelled it. It's a shame, the anime actually held my attention up until then.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 12th March 2013 at 8:27 AM.

That won't work because the starters tend to hog the spotlight (and the regional bird). They can get away with rotating just about any other Pokemon, but I can see how those 5 would be just too marketable for the writers to let them go.
    And yet three of them were all rotated.

I think it would be interesting and new if Ash got no starter at all this time.

I think it would be interesting and new if Ash got no starter at all this time.
    Now that would be interesting, but I kind of doubt it due to the starters' marketability. If Ash doesn't get them, how will they be shown off throughout the series?

Now that would be interesting, but I kind of doubt it due to the starters' marketability. If Ash doesn't get them, how will they be shown off throughout the series?
    Other characters. The Torchic and Piplup line got pretty good showcasing and not a single member ever fell into Ash's control. As much as I'd love for Ash to get no starters and break the generic Fire/Water/Grass/Flying routine, I don't see it ever happening. The writers aren't creative enough to try it or make it work. By the end of the series Ash will have hundreds of Grass, Fire, Water, and Flying Pokemon rotting away at Oak's lab.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I like how it was in Hoenn, one starter is more then enough.

The main rival, new female protagonist, and the 3rd member of the group could get them, leaving Ash with none of the starters.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I like how it was in Hoenn, one starter is more then enough.
    Poor Mudkip line didn't get nearly as much showtime as they should of. Swampert got the worst starter treatment in Hoenn

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    The main rival, new female protagonist, and the 3rd member of the group could get them, leaving Ash with none of the starters.
    Doubtful that Ash wouldn't get at least one starter... no way they aren't gonna exploit the main character

Page 88 of 597 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast