Page 89 of 597 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Poor Mudkip line didn't get nearly as much showtime as they should of. Swampert got the worst starter treatment in Hoenn

Doubtful that Ash wouldn't get at least one starter... no way they are gonna exploit the main character
    True, but that was all due to the usual writers bias.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    True, but that was all due to the usual writers bias.
    And the fact that Brock barely ever battled (choosing Lombre over Mudkip plenty of times)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

And the fact that Brock barely ever battled (choosing Lombre over Mudkip plenty of times)
    Like I said, writers bias.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Doubtful that Ash wouldn't get at least one starter... no way they aren't gonna exploit the main character
    That's true, just showing it could be a possibility though.
    Just as long as he doesn't get all 3 starters again, it would be so dull. I'd like to see both Ash and the new girl get 1 starter each and the main rival gets the remaining starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    That's true, just showing it could be a possibility though.
    Just as long as he doesn't get all 3 starters again, it would be so dull. I'd like to see both Ash and the new girl get 1 starter each and the main rival gets the remaining starter.
    That what's DP started like till we got the cop out of Paul's Torterra. Yes, I know that was to show he was a veteran, but they could of just as easily showed something else and had him raise Chimchar up to an Infernape.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I like how it was in Hoenn, one starter is more then enough.
    This. If not for Brock's Mudkip I would have said Hoenn had the perfect showcasing of the starters. I hope they try it again in XY only this time they get the third starter done right. The starters always seem to have some problems in the generations. Sinnoh's problem was Infernape was fine but Torterra got worse as it evolved and Piplup remained the same, which is a shame considering the writers could have actually made a story out of it being afraid to end up like Mamoswine. Wasted writing on DP's part. Johto's starters never got very popular and it sounds like Unova has the same problem of some sort.

I really hope we get a AG/Hoenn situation again. Even with Mudkip I think these starters were the best handled in the series so far.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    This. If not for Brock's Mudkip I would have said Hoenn had the perfect showcasing of the starters. I hope they try it again in XY only this time they get the third starter done right. The starters always seem to have some problems in the generations. Sinnoh's problem was Infernape was fine but Torterra got worse as it evolved and Piplup remained the same, which is a shame considering the writers could have actually made a story out of it being afraid to end up like Mamoswine. Wasted writing on DP's part. Johto's starters never got very popular and it sounds like Unova has the same problem of some sort.

I really hope we get a AG/Hoenn situation again. Even with Mudkip I think these starters were the best handled in the series so far.
    Definitely the best handled in my opinion. Kanto would be the next best for me.

Agreed. Really Ash's Kanto and Hoenn teams are the only ones I really like as a full team. The Sinnoh and Johto ones, I like selected Pokemon from the teams like Gliscor, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, and Heracross, but as a full team and how they were handled? Not really. To this day I still think his Hoenn team outshines his Sinnoh ones.

Agreed. Really Ash's Kanto and Hoenn teams are the only ones I really like as a full team. The Sinnoh and Johto ones, I like selected Pokemon from the teams like Gliscor, Cyndaquil, Bayleef, and Heracross, but as a full team and how they were handled? Not really. To this day I still think his Hoenn team outshines his Sinnoh ones.
    They do unless your P2 lol.

Well, regardless the starters handling will more likely be based on if the sidekicks do anything or not. If the girl is like May or Dawn then I can see her getting one. The other will either go to the sidekick boy or Ash get's two. Or we get another situation like BW and Ash gets all three again. Either is very likely at this point. Depends on the sidekicks really.

Like I said, writers bias.
    It's more of a lazy issue than biasism.

I actually don't mind all of the starters. Just don't give one too much attention and the others none. But like you said it would be good if he had two rivals. That way each can get one and he can get only one.(The fox)

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    It's more of a lazy issue than biasism.

I actually don't mind all of the starters. Just don't give one too much attention and the others none. But like you said it would be good if he had two rivals. That way each can get one and he can get only one.(The fox)
    I'd say it's a little of both xD.

I just want Ash with Froakie. The girl needs Chespin and a female rival needs Fennekin. I wouldn't mind Ash with Chespin but I like when they break tradition and Ash always getting the Grass Starter is a tradition worth breaking imo.

Kanto? Best handled (or second)? Since when? Maybe after their original run but definitely not during it. All of Kanto was spamming Charmander in every battle till it evolved, having Bulbasaur out of no where take up the mantle despite not showing any of that competence when Charmander was still Charmander. Don't get me started on Squirtle, he was the absolute worst, even more so then Oshawott (at least it won two gym battles, Squirtle didn't win any) I don't count OI as a real gym battle

Kanto? Best handled (or second)? Since when? Maybe after their original run but definitely not during it. All of Kanto was spamming Charmander in every battle till it evolved, having Bulbasaur out of no where take up the mantle despite not showing any of that competence when Charmander was still Charmander. Don't get me started on Squirtle, he was the absolute worst, even more so then Oshawott (at least it won two gym battles, Squirtle didn't win any) I don't count OI as a real gym battle
    In terms of evo's and all that stuff and taking up screen time is what I am referring to. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were treated relativity evenly while Charizard took the front seat.

In terms of evo's and all that stuff and taking up screen time is what I am referring to. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were treated relativity evenly while Charizard took the front seat.
    Again...what? Evolution, you mean the two Ash released (Butterfree and Pidgeot) and the other he never uses anymore (Kingler) that good of evolution? Then we had Charmander's rushed evolution, barely getting to see Charmeleon. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were not equals in the slightest, not even close. Bulbasaur actually did quite well even winning two impressive battles in the Indigo League (Beedrill and Sycther) though they are equals in the sense that neither of them won an official gym battle outside of OI, which I don't count. Again, it was all Charmander (and Pikachu of coarse ^_^) in Kanto.

Again...what? Evolution, you mean the two Ash released (Butterfree and Pidgeot) and the other he never uses anymore (Kingler) that good of evolution? Bulbasaur and Squirtle were not equals in the slightest, not even close. Bulbasaur actually did quite well even winning two impressive battles in the Indigo League (Beedrill and Sycther) though they are equals in the sense that neither of them won an official gym battle outside of OI, which I don't count. Again, it was all Charmander (and Pikachu of coarse ^_^) in Kanto.
    I'm glad someone is realizing this because it always seems people forget.

Anyway, I'm hoping X Y is much better than Best Wishes is. I want a bit of Hoenn Ash with Sinnoh writing, BF battles scenes with some and I mean some of Johto's humor.

My ideal battle ever!

Again...what? Evolution, you mean the two Ash released (Butterfree and Pidgeot) and the other he never uses anymore (Kingler) that good of evolution? Then we had Charmander's rushed evolution, barely getting to see Charmeleon. Bulbasaur and Squirtle were not equals in the slightest, not even close. Bulbasaur actually did quite well even winning two impressive battles in the Indigo League (Beedrill and Sycther) though they are equals in the sense that neither of them won an official gym battle outside of OI, which I don't count. Again, it was all Charmander (and Pikachu of coarse ^_^) in Kanto.
    I'm referring to the starters -_-.....

They do unless your P2 lol.
    I know right?

The very formats of the two seasons were different and I firmly belive Ash's hoenn team would not have survived sinnoh if everything stayed the same without some absurd plothax.

They should give Ash a fully evolved fire starter and a backup fully evolved froakie.

I would like Ash with none of the starters, but that's not happening.

Poor Mudkip line didn't get nearly as much showtime as they should of. Swampert got the worst starter treatment in Hoenn

Doubtful that Ash wouldn't get at least one starter... no way they aren't gonna exploit the main character
    Swampert didn't get the worst treatment in Hoenn, Blaziken did. No Blaziken actually appeared in Hoenn. Swampert appeared twice, and Sceptile appeared once, or so?

Yes, Harrison had Blaziken, but that wasn't Hoenn. May had Blaziken, but that was Kanto, and the tail end of AG at that. So yeah, Blaziken didn't appear in Hoenn, Mudkip-line got subpar treatment, so the only ones that we can say is that Treecko, Grovyle, and Combusken got good showings.. -.-

The above is my reaction to the treatment of Hoenn starters.. I still think Sinnoh did quite well.

Turtwig and Grotle were all Ash, Torterra was shared with Paul, and Ash's faced very tough opponents.

Chimchar line got exceptional focus.

Piplup-line got focus across the board with different characters.

Torterra faced harder opponents as it evolved:
    - Bertha's Hippowdon
    - Palmer's Rhyperior
    - Candice's Abomasnow
    - Volkner's Electivire
    - Paul's Drapion

All E4 level, or nearing it...

I'd say it's a little of both xD.
    I'd say it's just a really weird marketing choice: Lombre > Starter?

Charizard may have evolved, but didn't take the front seat at all. Charizard evolving actually meant that he didn't get to appear all that much after the halfway mark, appearing only in four selected episodes: Cinnabar Gym (2x), Mime Time (group shot) and the battle that he cost Ash vs. Ritchie. That's four times in 40 episodes.

So don't be talking as if Charizard took the frontseat of anything.. -.-

Charizard appeared in 27 episodes of the original 82, of which 23 were before it evolved.
    Bulbasaur appeared in 42, 23 of which were before Charmeleon evolved, and 19 of which were after Charizard came into the fold.
    Squirtle appeared in 34, 19 of which were before Charmeleon evolved, and 15 were after Charizard came into the fold.

As you can see, Charizard and Bulbasaur were equals before Charizard evolved, and then Bulbasaur took the frontseat. Squirtle continued on as it did. Remember that Charmeleon evolved just five episodes after the halfway mark, meaning that the 19/15 before and after ratio's are completely logical and that neither Bulbasaur or Squirtle took a significant screentime dive as by consequence of Charmeleon evolving.

In more concrete ratio's:
    - Charmander/Charmeleon: 23/46: 50%
    - Charizard: 4/36: 11%

- Bulbasaur: 23/46: 50%
    - Bulbasaur, post-Charizard: 19/36: 52%

- Squirtle: 19/46: 41%
    - Squirtle, post-Charizard: 15/36: 41%

And Pidgeotto of course.. People tend to forget that Ash's first bird was actually competent.. -.-
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Swampert didn't get the worst treatment in Hoenn, Blaziken did. No Blaziken actually appeared in Hoenn. Swampert appeared twice, and Sceptile appeared once, or so?

Yes, Harrison had Blaziken, but that wasn't Hoenn. May had Blaziken, but that was Kanto, and the tail end of AG at that. So yeah, Blaziken didn't appear in Hoenn, Mudkip-line got subpar treatment, so the only ones that we can say is that Treecko, Grovyle, and Combusken got good showings.. -.-
    Blaziken was in the 7th movie, owned by the guys who battled Ash with Blaziken/Blastoise in the Battle Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post

The above is my reaction to the treatment of Hoenn starters.. I still think Sinnoh did quite well.

Turtwig and Grotle were all Ash, Torterra was shared with Paul, and Ash's faced very tough opponents.

Chimchar line got exceptional focus.

Piplup-line got focus across the board with different characters.

Torterra faced harder opponents as it evolved:
    - Bertha's Hippowdon
    - Palmer's Rhyperior
    - Candice's Abomasnow
    - Volkner's Electivire
    - Paul's Drapion

All E4 level, or nearing it...

I'd say it's just a really weird marketing choice: Lombre > Starter?

Charizard may have evolved, but didn't take the front seat at all. Charizard evolving actually meant that he didn't get to appear all that much after the halfway mark, appearing only in four selected episodes: Cinnabar Gym (2x), Mime Time (group shot) and the battle that he cost Ash vs. Ritchie. That's four times in 40 episodes.

So don't be talking as if Charizard took the frontseat of anything.. -.-

Charizard appeared in 27 episodes of the original 82, of which 23 were before it evolved.
    Bulbasaur appeared in 42, 23 of which were before Charmeleon evolved, and 19 of which were after Charizard came into the fold.
    Squirtle appeared in 34, 19 of which were before Charmeleon evolved, and 15 were after Charizard came into the fold.

As you can see, Charizard and Bulbasaur were equals before Charizard evolved, and then Bulbasaur took the frontseat. Squirtle continued on as it did. Remember that Charmeleon evolved just five episodes after the halfway mark, meaning that the 19/15 before and after ratio's are completely logical and that neither Bulbasaur or Squirtle took a significant screentime dive as by consequence of Charmeleon evolving.

In more concrete ratio's:
    - Charmander/Charmeleon: 23/46: 50%
    - Charizard: 4/36: 11%

- Bulbasaur: 23/46: 50%
    - Bulbasaur, post-Charizard: 19/36: 52%

- Squirtle: 19/46: 41%
    - Squirtle, post-Charizard: 15/36: 41%

And Pidgeotto of course.. People tend to forget that Ash's first bird was actually competent.. -.-
    No, the writers simply stopped trying with Brock, they just got lazy and said **** it.

I want to see most of the pokemon including evolutions etc from x and y before giving my final opinion on what starters/pokemon ash or any other characters should get, there were a few from gen v that I liked one that should be obvious given my username and some i disliked. in regards to x and y for the time being I want ash with a froakie the water starter. I hope x and y's effect on the anime doesn't have ash and companions zig zagging all over the region like in unova, that's off course if ash continues on past unova to the new region.
    KROOKODILE!!!

I want the series to be more like a mixture of AG and DP. I also want Dent to FINALLY leave.

Page 89 of 597 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189 ... LastLast