Page 90 of 597 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #2226
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    I want the series to be more like a mixture of AG and DP. I also want Dent to FINALLY leave.
    Finally leave? He's only been on just over two seasons at this point. Is that too much?
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  2. #2227
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Finally leave? He's only been on just over two seasons at this point. Is that too much?
    Compared to Brock's 13 when he was only interesting in like half that time.

    It is difficult to imagine a Cilan replacement though, it's inevitable to have some kind of cook on the group.

  3. #2228
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    7,397

    Default

    Here's the list of things I want:

    1) New protagonist capable of development and growth. (spare me the comments, I know that will never happen)
    2) More training episodes like in DP thanks to which Ash's team actually grew and got him far through the league.
    3) Ash's main rival being a part of the trio. (also highly unlikely)
    4) Ash's main rival being a *le gasp* capable female trainer. (possible, but I'm not holding my breath)
    5) Also that the saga is more plot-oriented (and follows the games) from the very start and not f-ed up like BW from the very start.

    I also wish that Ash's new companions are handled better. Cilan was handled well at the start, but eventually he just ended up left behind as Iris continually got more episodes dedicated to her past as well as goal. I want this time for Ash's companions to have even larger roles even if they're sidekicks like Iris and Cilan. This is not the Ash show, other characters have stories to tell too so I do hope we get more interesting characters.

    Also, how about a well-handled rival for once? Because Trip was treated like sh*t.

    And yes, I want TRio out of this show.

  4. #2229
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    532

    Default

    I agree will all of the above other than mistreatment of Iris and Cilan. I think they were treated very well. Cilan treatment > Brock treatment, that's for sure. But yes, I really really want a capable female rival. Maybe one who has a crush on Ash and is getting stronger to impress him. I could see them taking that as a joke and using her for that which I would be fine with as long as she got better with time.
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!



    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure


    Bastion's Current Team:

  5. #2230
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    2) More training episodes like in DP thanks to which Ash's team actually grew and got him far through the league.
    I'm not so sure about this. The training episodes in DP were not that thrilling imo. I like the way they handled it in BW were most of the training was done off screen.

    I'm also not sure how I would feel about the anime following the games' stories more closely. I like the unpredictable story of the anime.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  6. #2231
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I'm not so sure about this. The training episodes in DP were not that thrilling imo. I like the way they handled it in BW were most of the training was done off screen.

    I'm also not sure how I would feel about the anime following the games' stories more closely. I like the unpredictable story of the anime.
    The problem with the unpredictability thing is that most "original" anime stories just aren't interesting at all.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  7. #2232
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    The problem with the unpredictability thing is that most "original" anime stories just aren't interesting at all.
    They're handling Episode N well enough. But that might just be because Episode N is compact.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  8. #2233
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    4,241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I'm not so sure about this. The training episodes in DP were not that thrilling imo. I like the way they handled it in BW were most of the training was done off screen.
    Agreed. Training is fun and can be entertaining when done right, Krokorok/Brycen or Oshawott/Palpitoad. Most of the DP training was boring as crap, one of the best examples being that Dawn Ice Chandelier episode or times where the writers would spend episode focused mainly on training.

  9. #2234
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    I also want Dent to FINALLY leave.
    Looking less and less likely with Da!

  10. #2235
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Dent has to be staying. He has a small team (room for XY pokemon) and he's had little development. I'm starting to have my doubts about Iris leaving but I just don't know.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  11. #2236
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Dent has to be staying. He has a small team (room for XY pokemon) and he's had little development. I'm starting to have my doubts about Iris leaving but I just don't know.
    Iris is too tied down to Unova story-wise. I personally don't see her sticking around. I know it's a long way off, but I'm interested in how they work her into her cameo in the XY anime. Edit: Rank Up!!!
    I'm currently working on a Pokemon fanfic titled "Sinnoh League - Bastion's Adventure". If you are interested, please give it a look!!!



    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892264/...on-s-Adventure


    Bastion's Current Team:

  12. #2237
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Agreed. Training is fun and can be entertaining when done right, Krokorok/Brycen or Oshawott/Palpitoad. Most of the DP training was boring as crap, one of the best examples being that Dawn Ice Chandelier episode or times where the writers would spend episode focused mainly on training.
    Opinions opinions :P

    Tis liked seeing buizel practice ice punch, and turtwig slowly learning energy ball. -3-;

    Episodes focused on training were awesome Q.Q

    That being said, I don't hate there being no training on screen, Its just they better find some other way to get me interested in the battles. Cause its fun to watch them use thier new moves effectively. :/

    ...oyu know, that they ataucally trained for.


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  13. #2238
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Opinions opinions :P

    Tis liked seeing buizel practice ice punch, and turtwig slowly learning energy ball. -3-;

    Episodes focused on training were awesome Q.Q

    That being said, I don't hate there being no training on screen, Its just they better find some other way to get me interested in the battles. Cause its fun to watch them use thier new moves effectively. :/

    ...oyu know, that they ataucally trained for.
    Oshawott had training episodes, Tepig had a training episode, Scraggy had training episodes, Krokorok had a training episode, this whole there are no training episode in BW is laughable, its another one of those, its only applies to BW "thing" as usual.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 16th March 2013 at 9:34 AM.

  14. #2239
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    For six gen I can totally see Ash and Chespin being the most logical choice if they had to give one starter to each character. I just can't see Ash with a Fennekin or Froakie (especially after getting Palpitoad sigh).
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  15. #2240
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    For six gen I can totally see Ash and Chespin being the most logical choice if they had to give one starter to each character. I just can't see Ash with a Fennekin or Froakie (especially after getting Palpitoad sigh).
    Your logic is flawed in many ways:

    Ash caught 3 reptilian Pokemon this generation.

    Ash has caught every Generation Grass starter to date (excluding Chespin for obvious reasons).

    Ash has MANY Pokemon that are similar to another Pokemon.

    Ash catching an amphibian in one generation IS NOT going to exclude Ash catching one in the next generation. ESPECIALLY when said next generation Amphibian is a starter Pokemon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  16. #2241
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post

    Ash caught 3 reptilian Pokemon this generation.
    If you are referring to Chespin, then your logic is the one that is flawed. Chespin is not a reptile.

    Ash has caught every Generation Grass starter to date (excluding Chespin for obvious reasons).
    So because he has caught every grass starter it means I should think he will get Fennekin and Froakie over him? Regardless what does this statement have to do with anything? I didn't refer to his previous starters when I posted either. I said I can't see him with Froakie and Fennekin with the reason being Chespin looks like that hero type that will fight for his friends over anything, atleast in MY opinion.

    Ash has MANY Pokemon that are similar to another Pokemon.
    If you consider 'many' to be 2 pairs then yes. Kingler/Corpish and Totadile/Krookodile, however I call that barely nothing. You can't count the region birds.

    Ash catching an amphibian in one generation IS NOT going to exclude Ash catching one in the next generation. ESPECIALLY when said next generation Amphibian is a starter Pokemon.
    Never said it would exclude it, I just said I couldn't see Ash with Froakie after already having Palpitoad if he was to only have one starter. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen but I just think they could utilize Chespin or Fennekin more after having a toad the previous gen.
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  17. #2242
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    6,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shneak View Post
    Looking less and less likely with Da!
    Is it really? Well that's annoying...for me anyway. Not that Cilan annoys me because he doesn't but I don't want him or Iris back for XY. For Cilan fans, don't take it personally. I don't want Ash back either. But Cilan staying beyond his generation just screams Brock treatment to me. Cilan only having three Pokemon means nothing. Again Brock had three Pokemon in AG and DP and Tracey only ever had three Pokemon his entire run. It's the usual standard male sidekick quota of Pokemon. Don't even bother counting Brock's numerous Pokemon in OS and Johto. How many of them actually saw the light outside their Poke Balls?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  18. #2243
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Compared to Brock's 13 when he was only interesting in like half that time.

    It is difficult to imagine a Cilan replacement though, it's inevitable to have some kind of cook on the group.
    The biggest problem I have with Dent, other than him changing his goals and stupid food similes is his dub voice. I HATE that voice actor.

  19. #2244
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    The biggest problem I have with Dent, other than him changing his goals and stupid food similes is his dub voice. I HATE that voice actor.
    You mean you don't like Sanic the hedgehog's voice?
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  20. #2245
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    You mean you don't like Sanic the hedgehog's voice?
    No. I just hate THAT voice actor.
    BTW, how is that Sonic's voice? Sonic has had quite a few VAs and THAT'S the only one (other than JW) that sticks in peoples minds?

  21. #2246
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golduck#1 View Post
    If you are referring to Chespin, then your logic is the one that is flawed. Chespin is not a reptile.
    What does Chespin being a mammal have anything to do with what you quoted.

    It has everything to with my main argument against yours.


    So because he has caught every grass starter it means I should think he will get Fennekin and Froakie over him? Regardless what does this statement have to do with anything? I didn't refer to his previous starters when I posted either. I said I can't see him with Froakie and Fennekin with the reason being Chespin looks like that hero type that will fight for his friends over anything, atleast in MY opinion.


    If you consider 'many' to be 2 pairs then yes. Kingler/Corpish and Totadile/Krookodile, however I call that barely nothing. You can't count the region birds.



    Never said it would exclude it, I just said I couldn't see Ash with Froakie after already having Palpitoad if he was to only have one starter. Doesn't mean it's not going to happen but I just think they could utilize Chespin or Fennekin more after having a toad the previous gen.
    Your argument is that Ash cannot get Froakie because of Palpitoad, because for some odd reason, it hasn't been long enough between the two instances.

    And yet you are arguing that Ash should get Chespin despite the fact that it shares similarities to Buizel and Oshawott, and it would be his 6th grass starter between the two.

    And ignoring the fact Ash caught 3 reptilian Pokemon in one generation, as well as caught 3 ground types in another generation.

    What I'm arguing is that just because of Palpitoad, that DOES NOT indicate Ash won't catch Froakie, even if he only gets one starter.

    Sure if he only gets 1 starter Chespin is the most likely to be caught, but that's solely because he has the other 5 grass starters.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  22. #2247
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a cardboard box
    Posts
    5,078

    Default

    Haven't posted here in a while. How long do you think that the X/Y saga will be? Sinnoh/Johto long, or Hoenn/Unova short-medium?

    The chosen ones (for now)

  23. #2248
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    Haven't posted here in a while. How long do you think that the X/Y saga will be? Sinnoh/Johto long, or Hoenn/Unova short-medium?
    Unless Gamefreak wants to "crap" out a new generation every three years, then it's going to be as long as Sinnoh/Johto, however given the unusual nature of the circumstances I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull a Hoenn/Unova, in the sense that the main arc is a hundred some episodes, and the rest of the time is some filler arc/saga of some kind.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 16th March 2013 at 7:09 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  24. #2249
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Oshawott had training episodes, Tepig had a training episode, Scraggy had training episodes, Krokorok had a training episode, this whole there are no training episode in BW is laughable, its another one of those, its only applies to BW "thing" as usual.


    Ah crap. you're right, But at the very least they just completely gave up on it in the end. :X
    They're going with total moveset changes whenever they feel like it now.


    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  25. #2250
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    Ah crap. you're right, But at the very least they just completely gave up on it in the end. :X
    They're going with total moveset changes whenever they feel like it now.
    Since when? Oshaowtt and Tepig episodes were at the start of the series mostly, Scraggy and Krokorok by the end so it happened at the start and at the end.

    If you are talking abotu the training he did in the filler arc, thats how it should be done, the writers let us know they are training and we saw glimpses of that at the start of the episodes, we didn't see their 90 days of training(3 months) in the episodes we saw, we don't need training arcs, it was handled correctly with the results being shown in the league(the new moves), I don't need an episode to show Pignite learn Brick Break or an episode of Krokoodile learning Aerial Ace, an episode for Palpitoad wouldn't be bad but thats it, he got the new move anyway,

Page 90 of 597 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •