Page 91 of 597 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 14919

Thread: Pokemon X and Y's Effect on the Anime

  1. #2251
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Since when? Oshaowtt and Tepig episodes were at the start of the series mostly, Scraggy and Krokorok by the end so it happened at the start and at the end.

    If you are talking abotu the training he did in the filler arc, thats how it should be done, the writers let us know they are training and we saw glimpses of that at the start of the episodes, we didn't see their 90 days of training(3 months) in the episodes we saw, we don't need training arcs, it was handled correctly with the results being shown in the league(the new moves), I don't need an episode to show Pignite learn Brick Break or an episode of Krokoodile learning Aerial Ace, an episode for Palpitoad wouldn't be bad but thats it, he got the new move anyway,
    I like it. At the very least, show when they learned them or how they learned them.

    I Personally liked seeing them thank you very much :X

    At least SHOW me when they learned it, because its not like ash learned those during the match.
    I mean, think of charizard and Infernape.
    Flare blitz was shown to be learned before the match.
    So were steel wing and overheat. Why can't they give us a simple "When they learned these moves?" They've always done that.
    And they even did it in best wishes season 1, as you said. Why the sudden stop?
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  2. #2252
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    So basically an ep about Axew running away or some uneeded filler about a bunch of showgirls is important and should be included but training for the league shouldn't?

  3. #2253
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    So basically an ep about Axew running away or some uneeded filler about a bunch of showgirls is important and should be included but training for the league shouldn't?
    I lose either way because both options are boring to me. And you can argue that showing the training is unneeded. BW has survived without showing it.

    Why do people find the training episodes interesting? I only liked the ones back in Hoenn when pikachu was learning iron tail.

    Edit: I guess I also liked the episode where Oshawott was training.
    Last edited by diakyu; 16th March 2013 at 7:35 PM.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  4. #2254
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    I lose either way because both options are boring to me. And you can argue that showing the training is unneeded. BW has survived without showing it.

    Why do people find the training episodes interesting? I only liked the ones back in Hoenn when pikachu was learning iron tail.

    Edit: I guess I also liked the episode where Oshawott was training.
    ehh, what else is there then?
    Plot advancement? That happens everyonce and a while, and they're not gonna change that.

    What do you suggest they do on a show like this?
    (A show that has to range from 100 or so episodes to almost 200 per season I mean.)

    Personally I don't hate fillers, I love sinnoh so...
    Just try and justify what is learned please. Just the reveal of the move is cool, and ash planning around AFTER it has been revealed is even more awesome to me :X
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  5. #2255
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Well, I guess if I had to chose I'd go with fillers. I know that the show can't do much because each saga usually has to last for about four to five years so there has to be filler and training episodes. I think I find fillers more appealing because they tend to show off some interesting things/Pokemon.

    They need to find a way to make the training more interesting. In DP it was basically Ash's Pokemon fighting each other or hitting a rock. Or when it wasn't Ash's Pokemon it was Dawn's Pokemon dancing or something (I really can't stand the contest training lol).

    I would be perfectly find with showing a bit more training than BW currently shows, but don't show as much DP. And when you do show the training, make it be about a Pokemon trying to learn a new technique. Something that irks me about the training in DP was that some of it was just worthless to show.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  6. #2256
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Pokemon world, I wish ._...XD
    Posts
    1,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    Well, I guess if I had to chose I'd go with fillers. I know that the show can't do much because each saga usually has to last for about four to five years so there has to be filler and training episodes. I think I find fillers more appealing because they tend to show off some interesting things/Pokemon.

    They need to find a way to make the training more interesting. In DP it was basically Ash's Pokemon fighting each other or hitting a rock. Or when it wasn't Ash's Pokemon it was Dawn's Pokemon dancing or something (I really can't stand the contest training lol).

    I would be perfectly find with showing a bit more training than BW currently shows, but don't show as much DP. And when you do show the training, make it be about a Pokemon trying to learn a new technique. Something that irks me about the training in DP was that some of it was just worthless to show.
    ...ehh, I disagree. Plus, Sinnoh had PLENTY of interesting fillers. Or at least had plently of fillers.

    As for contest training, I believe that you're kind of simplifying it. I"m telling you right now, mamoswine don't dance. XD It was more using moves to effectively show off their pokemon. Buneary was really the only one DANCING. lol

    Even the regular training, I feel like you're generallizing. Plus once again, sinnoh had plenty of fillers (Sometimes even too much) to balance out those training moves.

    At the veyr least, I enjoyed those episodes quite a bit.


    Once again though, disclaimer, I DON'T dislike BW filler or anything, I just prefered sinnoh's way of doing it and I had a ton of fun with it. So hearing people call it "boring" made me upset :/
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

  7. #2257
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu View Post
    As for contest training, I believe that you're kind of simplifying it. I"m telling you right now, mamoswine don't dance. XD It was more using moves to effectively show off their pokemon. Buneary was really the only one DANCING. lol
    If mamoswine was dancing I might've cared more lol. Would've been a sight to behold.

    I think my problem with Dawn's training sessions just come from the fact that I just don't enjoy contests to start with. But I know some people did and more power to them I guess.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  8. #2258
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Is speculation time!!

    Ok Since we know Ash, Iris and Cilan are heading to Kanto the start point of each generation is obvious they are joining Ash next generation ala Johto saga!!

    Ash will take Pikachu
    Iris will take Axew or Dragonite
    Cilan will take Pansage

    Cilan can caught Kirlia (Overdue in BW2) & Chespin (Another cute grass type)
    Iris can caught a Weavile (Wild like her and help her overcome her fear) & also caught more dragon type mons
    Ash can caught a Litwick (Overdue unovian fire type) & Froakie

    So they may add a second girl to the team (to advertised the new game), which make a new unique flavor! xD

    The new girl starts with Fennekin!!

    Or maybe in Kanto Iris meets Lance and somehow is inspired to Challenge the kanto league or be her assistant or something....

  9. #2259
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spikyearedpichu View Post
    Is speculation time!!

    Ok Since we know Ash, Iris and Cilan are heading to Kanto the start point of each generation is obvious they are joining Ash next generation ala Johto saga!!

    Ash will take Pikachu
    Iris will take Axew or Dragonite
    Cilan will take Pansage

    Cilan can caught Kirlia (Overdue in BW2) & Chespin (Another cute grass type)
    Iris can caught a Weavile (Wild like her and help her overcome her fear) & also caught more dragon type mons
    Ash can caught a Litwick (Overdue unovian fire type) & Froakie

    So they may add a second girl to the team (to advertised the new game), which make a new unique flavor! xD

    The new girl starts with Fennekin!!

    Or maybe in Kanto Iris meets Lance and somehow is inspired to Challenge the kanto league or be her assistant or something....
    Iris will probably either go see lance or claire, or both, and keep training until she replaces drayden. Cilan will either decide to go travel with ash to france land, go back to striation, or possibly stay in pallet town and help at the lab and at home with tracey.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  10. #2260
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Iris will probably either go see lance or claire, or both, and keep training until she replaces drayden. Cilan will either decide to go travel with ash to france land, go back to striation, or possibly stay in pallet town and help at the lab and at home with tracey.
    or opening a restaurant in Pallet town!!

  11. #2261
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    14,421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    So basically an ep about Axew running away or some uneeded filler about a bunch of showgirls is important and should be included but training for the league shouldn't?
    Apparently me wanting to see Ash preparing for the league ONSCREEN is a crime.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

  12. #2262
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    What does Chespin being a mammal have anything to do with what you quoted.

    It has everything to with my main argument against yours.




    Your argument is that Ash cannot get Froakie because of Palpitoad, because for some odd reason, it hasn't been long enough between the two instances.

    And yet you are arguing that Ash should get Chespin despite the fact that it shares similarities to Buizel and Oshawott, and it would be his 6th grass starter between the two.

    And ignoring the fact Ash caught 3 reptilian Pokemon in one generation, as well as caught 3 ground types in another generation.

    What I'm arguing is that just because of Palpitoad, that DOES NOT indicate Ash won't catch Froakie, even if he only gets one starter.

    Sure if he only gets 1 starter Chespin is the most likely to be caught, but that's solely because he has the other 5 grass starters.
    Ah, I thought you were referring Chespin as a reptile, not saying Ash caught three Pokemon that were reptiles, so my bad.

    But you cannot compare Buizel and Oshawott to Chespin they are completely different in every way. Oshawott and Buizel fair enough but them to Chespin, no. I never said he wouldn't catch Froakie because of Paplitoad. I have never told anyone what else to think. I just can't see him getting Froakie (if he only gets one, if he gets two or three Froakie will be one) because of Palpitoad because they have never done that before, used the same species in one generation to another (barred the birds), actually it's never happened at all. Buizel and Oshawott being the only exception but there were no other land water Pokemon in the Sinnoh region apart from Piplup which was already taken and Ash was given all three starters in Unova.

    If he is to get more than one starter then I can see Froakie being in but if he only gets one then I can't see Froakie being it and not because "Ash only gets grass starters".
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

    FC= 1121 0822 2345

  13. #2263
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    I really hope they go the hoenn route in terms of having basically just a six pokemon team, with froakie becoming the fully evolved starter and being somewhat of a powerhouse like sceptile.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  14. #2264
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I laugh the nonsense you write here.

    For me it is quite clear that the new Pokémon games X and Y will greatly affect the Pokémon anime.

    By beginning with the name, it's sure to change, will change Pokémon Best Wishes for the new Pokémon X & Y!

    Nintendo and Game Freak will surely want to promote the new Pokémon games X & Y.

    And an anime on TV is the best way to do this.

    Ash will continue the anime, and Pikachu too.

    And sure the girl is the protagonist of the games Pokémon X & Y will appear on the new anime and will become the new partner of Ash on his adventures.

    Ash, Pikachu and the new girl.

    The new partner Ash, will be blonde.
    I have a picture of it right here with me.
    Here you are.



    And Ash will capture the three Pokémon initial X & Y.

    Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie.

    Just as he did with Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle at the beginning of his adventures through the Kanto region.

    I'm sure everyone will be familiar with it.

    I can not imagine anything other than that.

    I think for sure this new blonde girl will get a Pikachu as their starter Pokémon, or perhaps one that is similar to Pikachu and that is in the same style that is Pikachu! In the style cuddly pet.

    That's because this girl will be the new partner of Ash! And the new partner for Ash must have a cute Pokémon as well as he has.

    Well, I'm tired of always get the girls in the group, I hope this stay with Ash in the anime. It would be really cool! I really want her to stay!!

    Well, after all this new blonde girl is also very cute and I hope that it is enough in the anime, and we can watch it together enough battles with Ash.

    And sure Ash will change your clothes again, this time will change to suit the hero of Pokémon X & Y! I'm sure of it.





    Can you imagine Ash with new clothes, living a thousand and one adventures in the new region along with his new blonde girlfriend? I've figured it out.

    Ash is already a known character, so I'm sure he will continue the anime and we can continue to follow their adventures through the new region of the Pokémon world.

    Apparently the writers of Pokémon, they want to make a big saga with Pokémon.

    It would be really cool if that happened, sure I'd love to see that.

    The adventures of Ash and XY girl. Surely it will not have a third character like Brock and Cilan, Ash will be just the new girl and Pikachu!!

    But of course! Everyone wants to see Pikachu! It will be a great season, this new season based on the new X & Y Pokémon games for the Nintendo 3DS.
    Last edited by Pink Puff; 17th March 2013 at 12:29 PM.

  15. #2265
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Puff View Post
    I laugh the nonsense you write here.

    For me it is quite clear that the new Pokémon games X and Y will greatly affect the Pokémon anime.

    By beginning with the name, it's sure to change, will change Pokémon Best Wishes for the new Pokémon X & Y!

    Nintendo and Game Freak will surely want to promote the new Pokémon games X & Y.

    And an anime on TV is the best way to do this.

    Ash will continue the anime, and Pikachu too.

    And sure the girl is the protagonist of the games Pokémon X & Y will appear on the new anime and will become the new partner of Ash on his adventures.

    Ash, Pikachu and the new girl.

    The new partner Ash, will be blonde.
    I have a picture of it right here with me.
    Here you are.



    And Ash will capture the three Pokémon initial X & Y.

    Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie.

    Just as he did with Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle at the beginning of his adventures through the Kanto region.

    I'm sure everyone will be familiar with it.

    I can not imagine anything other than that.

    I think for sure this new blonde girl will get a Pikachu as their starter Pokémon, or perhaps one that is similar to Pikachu and that is in the same style that is Pikachu! In the style cuddly pet.

    That's because this girl will be the new partner of Ash! And the new partner for Ash must have a cute Pokémon as well as he has.

    Well, I'm tired of always get the girls in the group, I hope this stay with Ash in the anime. It would be really cool! I really want her to stay!!

    Well, after all this new blonde girl is also very cute and I hope that it is enough in the anime, and we can watch it together enough battles with Ash.

    And sure Ash will change your clothes again, this time will change to suit the hero of Pokémon X & Y! I'm sure of it.





    Can you imagine Ash with new clothes, living a thousand and one adventures in the new region along with his new blonde girlfriend? I've figured it out.

    Ash is already a known character, so I'm sure he will continue the anime and we can continue to follow their adventures through the new region of the Pokémon world.
    Why is the BW boy in those pics?

    Why would she get a Pikachu? Ash already has one.
    Also, Ash having all three starters of a region is never a good thing. It takes time away from his other mon.
    Last edited by blob; 17th March 2013 at 12:31 PM.

  16. #2266
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blob View Post
    Why is the BW boy in those pics?

    Why would she get a Pikachu? Ash already has one.
    Why you ask? To be able to make a couple!

  17. #2267
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Ash is too clueless to be in a relationship.

  18. #2268
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Well, he's been with several girls, he's been with Misty, May, Dawn and Iris.

    And so we have a good relationship in the anime is not really necessary to have a great passion between the two characters.

    Because it would be boring if the two stay with lots of molasses in the anime.

    And also the girl of XY will be his new partner, that means going to battle with Ash. And he will venture together.

    More images of the XY girl.



    Last edited by Pink Puff; 17th March 2013 at 1:17 PM.

  19. #2269
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere green
    Posts
    7,369

    Default

    You realize that is all fanart of blondie and not her official artwork, yes? There is also nothing that implies that she will even join the main group. They could easily make another Iris, and to be honest I see that more likely to happen. I doubt they'd introduce a female playable character and not have her do any kind of sidequest where she stars in it, and since the writers don't know how to juggle co-stars anymore I see blondie going the way of Hilda. Her spot in the anime is not set in stone. If BW has taught me one thing it's to keep my expectations for the anime very low, so I will keep mine for XY low and be pleasantly surprised if they make a good series.

    But as long as Ash doesn't get all three starters and Cilan and Iris leave then I'll give the show a chance. Keep your expectations low, people. It will make dealing with disappointment much easier.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

  20. #2270
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    98

    Default

    I want Ash take the three initials, because then he will have a very strong team of Pokémon to their battles.

    And the blonde girl can capture different Pokemon, then we have a wide variety of Pokémon in the anime.

    It would be cool, no? It would be really cool to have multiple Pokemon on the scene for us to see.

    More images of the XY girl.





    Let's hope it's a great anime.

    This girl Pokémon X & Y seems to be very friendly, will surely do much success among fans of Pokémon. I'm sure of it.

    If Ash capture the three initials, as will be in the region of Kanto, where he had Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle surely going to be really cool, it'll be like old times.

    Ash, Pikachu and his three starting Pokemon.

    For sure we will see many double battles with Ash and this new girl.
    Last edited by Pink Puff; 17th March 2013 at 2:10 PM.

  21. #2271

    Default

    I would have liked Ash to get none of the starters and keep Charizard on his team for x and y, but that'll never happen, so I would like to see him only get the water one. I don't want him to get Fennekin or Chespin because his fire Pokemon always evolve and Chespin reminds me too of of Mijumaru, which would most likely end up with it taking screentime away from Ash's other Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  22. #2272
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,897

    Default

    Ash and the new girl been in a relationship?
    HELL NO

    Ash is clueless, look at the episode when misty leaves for example.
    Also what about the other guy if ash a and the new girl were an item
    The other male would be pushed aside

    The things that seem PROBABLE:
    ash (and maybe cilan) go to new region
    The new female protagonist join a the group (although maybe not look at iris)
    Ash will get at least one starter pokemon, but they can choose if he get 3,2 or 1
    The female will catch the regional pika
    Ash will catch the regional bird


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  23. #2273
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    88

    Default

    if the x and y girl is travelling with ash then that would be the first time a rival of ash is a main character. it would be interesting how the writers handle it. i hope they dont focus on the girl too much and leave ash in the dark.
    “We do have a lot in common.
    The same air, the same Earth, the same
    sky.
    Maybe if we started looking at
    what's the same instead of
    always looking at what's different,
    ...well, who knows?”
    ― Meowth

  24. #2274
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Keep your expectations low, people. It will make dealing with disappointment much easier.
    This. I shall follow this advice. :I


    ....and now, her story begins.

  25. #2275
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    This. I shall follow this advice. :I
    As will I. Unless ash somehow manages to capture froakie and evolve it. Then my bar will be raised sky high.

Page 91 of 597 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141191 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •