View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 1 of 1178 1234511511011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Default Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Discuss the three new starter Pokemon for 6th gen!

All posts, speculation or not, should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. Also, one-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered SPAM, deleted and you will be possibly infracted.

Also, we know that this is the speculation thread and you are free to speculate the possible designs of the starters' evolutions. But we encourage everyone to please try and refrain from posting Fakemon without supporting the idea. At least elaborate on why you think the specific starter will evolve into such creatures.

Simply posting "I think [starter] will evolve into something like this." or "I want [starter] to evolve into this." will also be considered spam and will result to infractions.[/SIZE]

Let's promote a worthwhile discussion!

Chespin:
        Spoiler:- Chespin:

Froakie:
        Spoiler:- Froakie:

Fennekin:
        Spoiler:- Fennekin:

Spoiler:- Old Poll results:
    Last edited by bobandbill; 4th October 2013 at 10:25 AM.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!
    Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current article: The Coffee Guy's Rants: Remakes! He doesn't like them.
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

I swear, if Fennekin's evo gonna be a fire/fighting Swords of Justice wannabe I'm gonna-

I like Chespin the most here. Its dorky-lloking face is its charm point imo. I would most likely use it.

Fennekin looks adorable too, especially for its feminine looks.

Froakie looks okay. I like it the least among this set of starters and when compared to other starters, but I still like it.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 8th January 2013 at 1:41 PM.

I'm gonna have to take some time to get used to Froakie and Chespin, but I'm already loving Fennekin. Always had a thing for Fennic Foxes... I can't wait to see what direction they take this fire-type fox in to differentiate it from Vulpix and Ninetails.
    I still love you, I will till I die
    And love is much stronger then anger or pride
    Please baby, let's unburn all our bridges

The two little bubbles on Froakie's nose look like bifocals. That's my only observation, really.
    Shiny Hunt Status
    Darumaka (W, random) - found!
    Tranquill (W, random) - found!
    Maractus (W, Masuda) - 660 eggs hatched
    Oshawott (W, Masuda) - not started

I think Fennekin used a Psychic move in the trailer. I'd say Chespin will be a fighting type though.

I love all three of them. Chespin is adorable, Fennekin is sleek and Froakie's cool. I'll probably pick Fennekin when the time comes, though, since I gravitated to it from the very instant I saw it (plus, my middle name is "Fox," so let's just say I have an affinity).
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Chespin's evolutions will be interesting, I have no clue which way it'll go. Fennekin is my favorite, love the wing-esque designs of its fur.

Well, after a Generation gap, it seems I'm going back to the Fire-type starter. I've already decided I'm picking Fennekin.

Unless its evolution is another Fire/Fighting, in that case I absolutely refuse to choose it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

I love Fennekin, I've always wanted a fox starter and this one looks great so far, I'm very excited to see its evolution now,and hopefully Corocoro this month will reveal more about the starters.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

We really can't decide until we see the final forms. Its ususally in the final forms that they become great

I think I might pick chespin, but it alll depends on the evolution, my second chose is the fire starter
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

I bet Chespin's evos are Grass/Fighting,Fennekin's evos are Fire/Dark[mischievous fox--Zorua anyone?] and Froakie's evos are Water/Psychic[just look at the way it holds its hand]---although,they could evolve into totally surprising things[just look at Samurott]

And I like the idea of Psychic type attacks being not very effective on Dark types instead of not having any effect.

-------------------------I need coffee

so given the international release of the othe language names does that mean chespin,froakie and fennekin are confirmed names for the English version?

I reckon the types are Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost and Water Fighting, since that would mean they trump their respective opponents from the video. Ghost and Dark are interchangeable, I guess.

Also Froakie is the best starter.

All this and more on my tumblr!
    I can breed premier ball Johto starters.
    3DS: 1160-9852-7611
    Will-Powered Spriter

Is it me or are they losing creativity in pokemon?

Chespin reminds me of an Oshawott/Dewott grass version.

Froakie reminds me of a Poliwhirl Seismitoad mixture.

Legendary Y reminds me of a bird from Windwaker when you go to the fortress.

Legendary X... So many like deerish pokemon, dont we have enough? It is like a mixture between Suicune, Verizion, Cobalion, Sawsbuck.

I will wait till further pokemon show up to give a final statement, but so far, I dont know yet.

But on a side note, the game looks AMAZING! Everything about it, and I am 100% excited to play it! Havent felt this excited in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Serilei View Post
    It's just you.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

I'll definetely use Chespin. It looks like Oshawott, but it's even cooler. I also loved Fennekin, but not as much as I love Chespin. Froakie is OK.
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

Quote Originally Posted by Serilei View Post
    It's definitely you.

If you want them to look like rip-offs of other Pokémon, you will find some way to say they are, and you could do this with any Generation.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    We really can't decide until we see the final forms. Its ususally in the final forms that they become great
    I don't see why not? Not everyone evolves pokemon, so they can go ahead and choose which starter they want now. I did that with 4th gen, when I found out about Turtwig I liked it so much I chose it right away and decided at that very point I wasn't evolving it.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

i like all three but froakie is my favorite. chespin looks the worst out of the 3 in my opinion but i still like the design and fennikin looks graceful and i imaging it's final evolved form would look cool.

Just so you know, the OP has Fennekin and Froakie's pictures mixed up.

has anyone noticed that the white marks on frokies head look like glasses in their shape

I'd like Chespin to end up as Grass/Steel. We only have Ferroseed/Ferrothorn with that typing at the moment, and it's pretty likely that as a chestnut/hedgehog hybrid that it's going to have some spikes. Most likely on it's head and back. Steel would be a good match in that case.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

I have a feeling the little frog dude is gonna be water/poison. Think poison dart frog.

Not going to lie. Its going to be difficult choosing a starter when X and Y are released.

Chespin is interesting to look at. So little green compared to most other Grass Starters. I haven't got the slightest idea as to what its based off of. It doesn't give any major hints. I'm guessing the 'Ches' in its English name comes from Chestnut, maybe? One thing I do know is that its expression looks like something off of Happy Tree Friends.

I really like the design of Fennekin, truthfully. If I decide to use it, I'm going to have to reset until I get a female because it fits it better. I think its safe to say it will not be a Fire/Fighting, based on its design. Based on the trailer, it looks like it might end up being a Fire/Psychic like Victini.

Froakie certainly is interesting. It looks like it has a bib. Basing it off of a Frog seems so...predictable. I really don't have a problem with how it looks though.

Of course, I have very little to go on right now. Need a quite a bit more before I decide which one is my favorite.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Page 1 of 1178 1234511511011001 ... LastLast