View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 2 of 1178 FirstFirst 12345612521021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Based purely off design I like Fennekin the best, will lose my **** if its another fire/fighting though, thankfully that looks unlikely. Not a fan of the names though, they'll likely grow on me in time, but if not hooray for nicknames.
    My Anime List

Spoiler:- My Claims:

I have to say that Froakie and Chespin intrigue me most out of the 3. Froakie is obvs. based off of a frog and chespin appears to stem from Chestnut and some sort of rodent species?

Everything came from the water and the earth. Time for a new adventure.

I'm going to wait and see the evolved forms before I jump to conclusions of who I'll use or like. Things changed for me when they revealed the BW starters evolved forms. But I adore Chespin, he's just adorable. Fennekin gives me the vibes that Snivy did when it was revealed, like trying to look awesome.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Fennekin's adorable! Looks like I'm choosing the Fire Starter this time, regardless of its Stats.

I'm hoping Fennekin's a Fire/Psychic type. That'd make it the first starter with that Type combo.

I have claimed Alucard (Hellsing), Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), and Laguna Loire (Final Fantasy VIII).
    Hellsing, Street Fighter, The Elder Scrolls, Dangan Ronpa, Bleach, Homestuck, Black Butler, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica fan.
    Sig made by Izagar.
    3DS FC: 3738 0398 8876 Mikan
    Friend Safari: Ground (Wooper, Camerupt, and Palpitoad)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Actually I'm back b/c I plugged in my amp and playing one note when my grandpa came in and told me to stfu

So now I'm just sitting here stroking my guitar while naked

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Well, after a Generation gap, it seems I'm going back to the Fire-type starter. I've already decided I'm picking Fennekin.

Unless its evolution is another Fire/Fighting, in that case I absolutely refuse to choose it.
    Same here. I've never chosen Tepig as my starter as I don't like Emboar at all.
    Fennekin here looks interesting, it's the first fire type that's looked quite feminine (compared to others) Chespin and Froakkie look pretty cool, I'd have to see the other evolutions though first before I could make proper judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    I reckon the types are Grass/Dark, Fire/Ghost and Water Fighting, since that would mean they trump their respective opponents from the video. Ghost and Dark are interchangeable, I guess.

Also Froakie is the best starter.
    I think you might be right.It would make sense for the fox to be part Ghost.Though,the frog looks so intelectual.I must say,I'm intrigued.

I think Chespin is using Night Slash in the vid.I dunno about the others.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Serilei View Post
    Is it me or are they losing creativity in pokemon?
    You seem new

This opinion is not

I hope one of them ends up being -psychic. I'm dying for a proper fire/psychic line.
    Last edited by Instant..123; 8th January 2013 at 2:55 PM.

My Gen V Mono-Psychic Team ~ Made by me
    FC: 2423 3256 7374
    Friend safari is Psychic (coincidentally). I have Abra, Gothorita, and Espurr.

I'm gradually warming to Froakie and slowly going off Chespin. Fennekin at the moment seems... well, it's a good design and all but I can't get Vulpix/Ninetails out of my head whenever I look at it.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Chespin doesn't seem like much to mee tbh. Fennekin looks awesome, and Froakie is cool. Don't mind what Froakie's evos will be, I'll start with the Water starter anyways, It's a tradition that I won't break. For my second playthrough as a female character, Fennekin is my pick, It just screams for a female trainer.
    AS for typing: Chespin: Grass/Ground. Fennekin: Fire/Psychic and Froakie: Water/Fight or Water/Ground

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

I really like Chespin, wonder what happend to its tail, I sure will take this starter!
    I think Froakie will become a frence frog-ish with a mustace and a beard ( what is awesome!)
    Fennekin, I think will look beutiful, some majestic fox!
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I actually like all three of the starters this time. Fav is probably Fennekin though and I'm most likely going to end up using it. Hoping it's gonna end up part psychic because it seemed to be using a psychic attack in the trailer...
    For me, Chespin kinda looks like an otter, but I still like it none the less. Froakie seems to be very interesting. The two white spots almost make it look like its wearing glasses.
        Spoiler:- Team Stuff:

I love them all three, but i can't help thinking of...
    poke.jpg

Guys something just ran a bell about the Fire Starters about something based on what PokeJungle mentioned (during speculation). The fire starters are based on Chinese Zodiac Animals. Charmander is based on the dragon, Cyndaquill is a rat, Torchic is a rooster, Chimchar is a monkey, Tepig is a pig and Fennekin is a fox but it maybe based on the tiger from the Zodiac (maybe it evolves into a tiger Pokemon). Just thought you would be interested.

Chespin looks really different, its face, arms, legs and tail don't seem to based on a single animal. I wonder how it will end up its evolution.

i think this might be the 3rd generation i start with the water starter first, cant wait to see what their evolved forms look like. and do u think theyll reveal anything new on pokemon smash or corocoro soon?

pic10.jpg

The inspiration behind Chespin is a chestnut and a hedgehog/porcupine. Both the Japanese and English (and French and German) names reference each.

Protect the King

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPumpkin View Post
    poke.jpg
    The first two kinda work, but Froakie looks NOTHING like Seismitoad + Vanillish.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    Guys something just ran a bell about the Fire Starters about something based on what PokeJungle mentioned (during speculation). The fire starters are based on Chinese Zodiac Animals. Charmander is based on the dragon, Cyndaquill is a rat, Torchic is a rooster, Chimchar is a monkey, Tepig is a pig and Fennekin is a fox but it maybe based on the tiger from the Zodiac (maybe it evolves into a tiger Pokemon). Just thought you would be interested.
    It could be a mix...fox with tiger feautures...who knows?^^

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I'm thinking Froakie is likely to become a sage-type character, or a wizard, what with the spectacles, white 'hair' and the fact that it looks like he's struggling to hear. Toss in the significance of frogs and the occult in Western folklore and the fact that 'Froakie' could potentially be a play on 'fogey' (as in, 'old fogey'), we may have a water/psychic on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Instant..123 View Post
    You seem new

This opinion is not

I hope one of them ends up being -psychic. I'm dying for a proper fire/psychic line.
    Physically on the forums yes. Took me some years to sign up, been a lurker forever.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexPumpkin View Post
    poke.jpg
    ok that was pretty funny.

I think Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic type... it really looks like it. but, really, as long as we don't have another Fire/Fighting starter, fine by me.

I will likely choose Froakie. seeing that we'll have Palpitoad (if the statue is anything to go by), I find it curious that we have two Water-type frogs in the same Dex.

Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Wario Land 3
    Waiting for: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros. 4, Pokémon X / Y

Quote Originally Posted by pikadon92 View Post
    I swear, if Fennekin's evo gonna be a fire/fighting Swords of Justice wannabe I'm gonna-

I like Chespin the most here. Its dorky-lloking face is its charm point imo. I would most likely use it.

Fennekin looks adorable too, especially for its feminine looks.

Froakie looks okay. I like it the least among this set of starters and when compared to other starters, but I still like it.
    Funny, because I was thinking that Kennekin's little extension on its hind legs reminds me of Virizion. Chespin reminds me of Oshawott because of how its expression, and how its body is sectioned and given different colors. At the moment I'm neutral about seeing them, though, brand new stuff but the design doesn't really get me excited for some reason.
    The best evolutionary designs are brought about by a balance between change and consistency.
    Artwork by Piper Thibodeau. You can view more of her work here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scammel View Post
    I'm thinking Froakie is likely to become a sage-type character, or a wizard, what with the spectacles, white 'hair' and the fact that it looks like he's struggling to hear. Toss in the significance of frogs and the occult in Western folklore and the fact that 'Froakie' could potentially be a play on 'fogey' (as in, 'old fogey'), we may have a water/psychic on our hands.
    It doesn't look like it's struggling to hear,it looks like it's thinking.I get a very intellectual vibe from it...kinda like an arristocrat.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

Ok oK I got it.. Froakie: 18th century french man with white wig and typical tiny glasses..
    http://www.google.it/imgres?q=eighte...96,s:100,i:292

Page 2 of 1178 FirstFirst 12345612521021002 ... LastLast