View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 3 of 1178 FirstFirst 123456713531031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I'm definitely going to use either Chespin or Froakie, though I have to wait until their I see evolutionary forms to make a final decision
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Funny, because I was thinking that Kennekin's little extension on its hind legs reminds me of Virizion. Chespin reminds me of Oshawott because of how its expression, and how its body is sectioned and given different colors. At the moment I'm neutral about seeing them, though, brand new stuff but the design doesn't really get me excited for some reason.
    Chespin is so much like the Pikachu clones though.Its face is identical to Emolga's.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I can't see a Fox (canine) evolving into a Tiger (feline). Maybe next gen eh?

Thanks for the hedgehog confirmation slowkingsley, I'm liking Chespin more by the minute.

As I said above, I'm hoping for Grass/Steel final form Chespin, as well as Water/Ice for Froakie (though I can't see a cold blooded Frog becoming an Ice type) and Fire/anything but Fighting for Fennekin.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Ok oK I got it.. Froakie: 18th century french man with white wig and typical tiny glasses..
    http://www.google.it/imgres?q=eighte...96,s:100,i:292
    Exactly what I thought,lol.Would be awesome to see if they incorporate a huge wig on its evos^^

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

Gotta get used to the names, better now then when the rest of the Pokemon get revealed.

I like all three, I'd never had issues before with starters but for the most part I never really liked all three that much before, I'm only a fan of 3 maybe 4 in total(I find them all interesting to some degree though). I can see myself having these three all be favorites though. I like the Fire one most so far, it's not a Wolf(Favorite Animal), but it's the closest to relate to one out of the three.

Not sure what to expect for types, I imagine they'll all be single type until evolutions at least. I would like Dark, Fighting, and Psychic to be their dual types upon evolving though.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    I can't see a Fox (canine) evolving into a Tiger (feline). Maybe next gen eh?
    I can't see a fish evolving into an octopus, oh wait.....

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

I like the fire type the most so far. Just prefer its design more than others thus far. Quite cute!

The grass starter made me think of Oshawott off the bat, haha. Going to reserve decisions on who to use once the evolutions are revealed though.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I think I might go with Chespin as my starter, but I'm not 100% sure if I'll take it. I'm just hoping Fennekin doesn't evolves into another Fire/Fighting Pokemon, its getting boring now.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Not sure what to expect for types, I imagine they'll all be single type until evolutions at least. I would like Dark, Fighting, and Psychic to be their dual types upon evolving though.
    As long as Fire gets either Dark or Psychic, I'm fine with this.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

I like all of the starters. But I like Froakie most.

I mentioned it before but they finally broke the reptilian Grass starter line.

.: So, what's next? | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    It leans more towards Psychic imho. One move it used in the trailer looks a but like a psychic attack.

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

I also love that the Fire type starter isn't red...golden and beautiful...I get a very elegant,mischievous vibe from it.While,the Water one is much more arristocratic--the way the Snivy line is.I anticipate that the Grass one will surprise me the most with its evos.I have no idea what to predict when I look at them.

"Fear is Freedom!
    Contradiction is Truth!

I think if I just give Froakie time, I'll grow to like him. The same thing happened to me with Tepig. I despised him at first, but now he's probably my favorite Unova starter because I love Emboar. I'm really excited to see the evolutions!!!!
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

I hope they go fire/psychic(similar to ninetails) with fennekin. I always play fire starters and its nice to have one I can actually get excited about this generation. The last GREAT fire starter was gen 2..

I don't know why everyone is hating on Chespin. He looks cool to me, all of them do as a matter of fact. But my favorite is Froakie. In the trailer hee used an attack that looked pretty fast, I don't think any of the previous water starters focused on speed.

Quote Originally Posted by spiller View Post
    i like all three but froakie is my favorite. chespin looks the worst out of the 3 in my opinion but i still like the design and fennikin looks graceful and i imaging it's final evolved form would look cool.
    I'm guessing Chespin will be the Oshawott of the generation.. Badly appreciated at the beginning (due to it not smiling in the first art), but then turns out to be the most marketed pokemon in the end. Of course they can do it the exact same way, and Froakie turns out to be the real merchseller, but I doubt it.

Chespin = Oshawott
    Fennekin = Snivy
    Froakie = Tepig

In vibe that is, to me.. Which is good, because I picked Oshawott in BW, but didn't really like the Water-type, so now I can get my Grass-type again.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I'm gradually warming to Froakie and slowly going off Chespin. Fennekin at the moment seems... well, it's a good design and all but I can't get Vulpix/Ninetails out of my head whenever I look at it.
    Totally agree on the latter statement..

Quote Originally Posted by Scammel View Post
    I'm thinking Froakie is likely to become a sage-type character, or a wizard, what with the spectacles, white 'hair' and the fact that it looks like he's struggling to hear. Toss in the significance of frogs and the occult in Western folklore and the fact that 'Froakie' could potentially be a play on 'fogey' (as in, 'old fogey'), we may have a water/psychic on our hands.
    Could be, but then I'd think he'd evolve into the MrMiyagi-type..

Quote Originally Posted by john90 View Post
    Ok oK I got it.. Froakie: 18th century french man with white wig and typical tiny glasses..
    http://www.google.it/imgres?q=eighte...96,s:100,i:292
    That guy is either Dutch.. Just saying..
    - Name: R. Jelgerhuis
    - Old: 62 years (jaaren in old dutch)
    - Date: June 9th 1791
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Fire starter for me

Thoughts on the starters and how they'll evolve:

Chespin will likely gain the dark type, as evidenced by the Night Slash it used in the trailer. I could see it growing into a spiny ninja-like thing. Can't tell if it's supposed to be a bear or a gopher at this point, but basically mammalian, with spikes.

For Fennekin I predict it will gain the psychic type (as evidenced by the in-trailer move), and likely grow basically up. I can see it trending towards an elegant fox, ala Ninetales, but I could also see it going the more lupine route and becoming a large fiery wolf. At the moment, the former seems most likely.

Froakie is the only one I can't predict very well. It looked like it used a fighting type move, and if it gained the fighting type, the type triangle would be inverted, with grass>fire>water, but then dark<psychic<fighting. If so, then Froakie may grow into a fighting type, and judging by the aristocratic collar, I could see him being a gentleman brawler, like a Victorian age boxer. Or, perhaps he'll stay a strictly water type and surprise me.
    3DS FC: 0748-3041-6462

Fictionpress / Buy My Book! / Hero's Path

I love all three starters. So very excited for this game. It's a shame we're getting yet another water-type frog pokemon though. I was hoping I could have a frog+toad-themed team but that's not going to happen if there are too many of the same type

Fennecin is absolutely adorable. This might be the first time in a while that I use the fire starter on a first playthrough. Froakie is kinda cute in a derpy amphibian way. Chespin however, well, let's just say it's final evolution will have to be pretty awesome for me to consider using it. I really dislike its design.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I'm guessing Chespin will be the Oshawott of the generation.. Badly appreciated at the beginning (due to it not smiling in the first art), but then turns out to be the most marketed pokemon in the end. Of course they can do it the exact same way, and Froakie turns out to be the real merchseller, but I doubt it.

Chespin = Oshawott
    Fennekin = Snivy
    Froakie = Tepig

In vibe that is, to me.. Which is good, because I picked Oshawott in BW, but didn't really like the Water-type, so now I can get my Grass-type again.

Totally agree on the latter statement..

Could be, but then I'd think he'd evolve into the MrMiyagi-type..

That guy is either Dutch.. Just saying..
    - Name: R. Jelgerhuis
    - Old: 62 years (jaaren in old dutch)
    - Date: June 9th 1791
    yeah yeah but I didn't mean that guy is french.. I just wanted to give an idea..

Hmm, my thoughts are: Fennekin is adorable! Sooo choosing him/her as my starter :3
    The other two are okay, not my favorite.

I like the X legendary pokemon, it reminds me of some movie scene. (Y isn't bad)
    I seem to like majestic deer lol

And the full 3D/Worldwide release is awesome.
    I think the main character is going to be customizable since he was looking into a mirror in the beginning.

3ds FC - 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana (X) | Arya (AS)
    6th gen shiny count: 40

Current Hunts:
    Suicune (AS) - 450 SRs

Most recent shiny:
    Lugia after 2,078 SRs!

Live Shiny Lugia! :3

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    I'm hoping Fire/Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarefan View Post
    It leans more towards Psychic imho. One move it used in the trailer looks a but like a psychic attack.
    while thats true(and it certainly could be psychic type) don't forget even dark types like shiftry can have random psychic type attacls(extra sensory)

will mozilla sue pokemoncorp now that they put in a firefox?
    Sigh...

Spoiler:- Owned:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniteftw View Post
    please don't tell me, you think mew evolves into mewtwo

Page 3 of 1178 FirstFirst 123456713531031003 ... LastLast