View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 4 of 1178 FirstFirst 1234567814541041004 ... LastLast

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

Wow. What unbelievably ugly Starters...

I can't understand why they have to keep messing up Chipmunks. Not since Ross Bagdassarian Jr. attempted to convince us his walking Groundhogs were Chipmunks had something fail so hard at making a chipmunk creature.

That Fire Fox is pretty cool though. I hope that frog evolves into something epic.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by cockatoo777 View Post
    will mozilla sue pokemoncorp now that they put in a firefox?
    They didn't sue for Vulpix or Ninetales.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by cockatoo777 View Post
    will mozilla sue pokemoncorp now that they put in a firefox?
    Didn't they do that since Generation I?

("Pokemoncorp"?)

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by ohjeezitskim View Post
    I like the X legendary pokemon, it reminds me of some movie scene. (Y isn't bad)
    When I first saw it, I instantly thought of Princess Mononoke.

im not too sold on any of the starters really. i think that its a good thing that i have a year to get used to looking at them, but i hope they wont disappoint me to the point of just ditching them in the PC and leaving them for the lucky field Poke that happens to be much better than they are.

Froakie - im just not feeling it. the frog concept wears thin with me b/c frogs just arent that interesting really. i mean, it looks cute in some ways, but i dont think the evolutionary line is gonna keep me interested. kinda a bummer considering i love nearly all water starters (oshawott is working his way in). i think they're gonna go for the water/fighting mix, but i CRAVE A SPEEDY WATER STARTER. fire/grass got one, so its our turn now (it probably wont though... water isnt know for its speed)

Fennekin - probably the best looking imo. fire/psychic is looking like its ideal typing, but maybe we'll have a pure fire? foxes are known to be mischievous, so maybe fire/dark. looks like its gonna abuse its speed (look at that thin body!) and frailty, my favorite type of Poke. its tops on my list of choices, but only time and stats will tell

Chespin - another unfortunate starter suffering from dorky looks. i really cant get into it, so i'll wait and watch to see if its evolutionary line makes me want it. grass/dark typing imo. i think that it used night slash in the trailer (some moves are really easy to see despite animation). it looks like it'll have some average speed, but grass is know for their speedy frailty, plus it might be dark. i guess waiting and watching is gonna provide me the answers i want.

in digression, i'll probably just get all of them (i like having all the starters in every gen.)
    In-Game Name: Cealot
    Pokemon Y: 2895-7697-8437
    Friend Safari: Ice - Beartic, Spheal, Piloswine

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
    If you like Pokemon, then you're a true fan. If you don't like Pokemon, then you're not. Regardless of generation.

Hmmm, rest of the game looks amazing but I'm not too keen on these starters, I guess we'll have to wait for the evo's to be released.
    1st X run:

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Thoughts on the starters and how they'll evolve:

Chespin will likely gain the dark type, as evidenced by the Night Slash it used in the trailer. I could see it growing into a spiny ninja-like thing. Can't tell if it's supposed to be a bear or a gopher at this point, but basically mammalian, with spikes.

For Fennekin I predict it will gain the psychic type (as evidenced by the in-trailer move), and likely grow basically up. I can see it trending towards an elegant fox, ala Ninetales, but I could also see it going the more lupine route and becoming a large fiery wolf. At the moment, the former seems most likely.

Froakie is the only one I can't predict very well. It looked like it used a fighting type move, and if it gained the fighting type, the type triangle would be inverted, with grass>fire>water, but then dark<psychic<fighting. If so, then Froakie may grow into a fighting type, and judging by the aristocratic collar, I could see him being a gentleman brawler, like a Victorian age boxer. Or, perhaps he'll stay a strictly water type and surprise me.

I love the idea of Chespin. Maybe the spiky helmet will turn into an assasin hoodie-like thing with spikes all over it.

I would like Fennekin to have some dog characteristics while leveling up.
    Last edited by Phoenixfatih; 8th January 2013 at 3:27 PM.

All three starters look fantastic to me! Fennekin has my favorite design, however I'll choose Chespin as my starter because picking a grass-type starter has always been a tradition for me. I think Froakie is cute and quite hilarious, especially when people mention its name.
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/10ih3yp.png[/IMG]

Chespin looks absolutely freaking awesome! I think it'll either be Grass/Dark or Grass/Fighting.
    Black 2 (playing):
        Spoiler:- Other Teams:

I think these starters are fun, though none of them really scream pick me to me (so I'll probably pick based on evos or moveset). Froakie makes me think of a old man, in the cute little old man, or wise old sage sort of way. Does anyone else get reminded of an armadillo when they see Chespin, aside from the quill/whisker things? I know we have a few fire foxes already, but Fennekin is diffrent from those even, so I imagine it will evolve into something diffrent looking as well.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor View Post
    Chespin looks absolutely freaking awesome! I think it'll either be Grass/Dark or Grass/Fighting.
    You think a Chipmunk is going to be a Dark type? Not even Simon from the Chipmunks knows how to properly pronounce drug names...
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

I don't know i feel chespin more like the rattata/sentret/zizagoon/bippa/patrat of the situation..

Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    I can't see a fish evolving into an octopus, oh wait.....
    Touché. Though Remoraid and Octillery were based on weaponry too, which explains the evolution. How would you explain a Fox>Tiger evolution?
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Definitely picking Chespin when I get these games. Cute and badass-looking at the same time, what's not to like? Fennekin and Froakie are also pretty cool, but Chespin's definitely my favorite of the trio.

I could see Froakie becoming Water/Ice, and the Ice Beam it uses in the preview doesn't exactly hurt its case. Fennekin will evolve into a Fire/Psychic-type, if it isn't one itself already. As for Chespin, I'm leaning towards Grass/Fighting.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Im just happy that we left the grass and lizard combo. Chespin is a nice fresh.
    Thank god for no fire/fighting ( i hope fennekin doesnt evolve into one )

Chespin and Fennekin look great, but I'm not as impressed by Froakie. Although it is likely to grow on me with time which has been the case for starters from previous generations. I don't have a clear favorite of the three at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    Touché. Though Remoraid and Octillery were based on weaponry too, which explains the evolution. How would you explain a Fox>Tiger evolution?
    I'm sorry, but you realize you're arguing logic, in a video game right? A video game, mind you, where 10 year olds can capture LITERAL GODS! in pocket sized capsule balls.
    You don't need to explain how a fox can evolve into a tiger, it just HAPPENS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Wow. What unbelievably ugly Starters...

I can't understand why they have to keep messing up Chipmunks. Not since Ross Bagdassarian Jr. attempted to convince us his walking Groundhogs were Chipmunks had something fail so hard at making a chipmunk creature.

That Fire Fox is pretty cool though. I hope that frog evolves into something epic.
    Apparently all of Chespin's international names reference the fact that it's a hedgehog, not a chipmunk.

I'm sorry, but you realize you're arguing logic, in a video game right? A video game, mind you, where 10 year olds can capture LITERAL GODS! in pocket sized capsule balls.
    You don't need to explain how a fox can evolve into a tiger, it just HAPPENS!
    And yet most, if not all evolutions have had some kind of logic or backstory to them. It may be that this series is complete fantasy, but that doesn't mean the creators do not try to stick to some semblance of logic within their creation.
    Last edited by streetlightdsb; 8th January 2013 at 3:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    We'll have to wait and see what theme they'll have.The starters are all about the theme...

"Fear is Freedom!
    Subjugation is Liberation!
    Contradiction is Truth!
    These are the truths of the world! Surrender to these truths, you pigs in human clothing!"

I really hope Froakie has clouds on his back and that his design is inspired by rain clouds, which could lead to a water/flying type combo which would be rally interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Feralninja View Post
    Chespin will likely gain the dark type, as evidenced by the Night Slash it used in the trailer.
    It's most likely Aerial Ace. If you look at the video, you see the move is one downwards and one upwards slash, much like Aerial Ace(or more specifically, it's Japanese name, Tsubame Gaeshi)
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..
    Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

The fire type seems to fit the trend of Zodiac fire types. Its either meant to represent the Dog or Tiger. Is it me or does the grass one look like a Deku Scrub :S it kind of does. and also the Water type looks like it will evolve into some epic thing! I love the fire type, the best nickname would be FireFox
    FIRE'S COOL FIRE'S BAD
    SOMETIMES FIRE MAKES ME MAD!!!

Black FC: 3739 9774 2494
    Platinum FC: 5286 3454 4291
    OF:
    Most evo stones/items, Pokerus, starter eggs, zorua w.dark pulse, Deino w.dark pulse,

Shinies(for trade)
    Charmander and Cyndaquil

I CAN CLONE. All i ask is for a clone of the pokemon. you keep the original and a clone version!

LF: shiny ho-oh/shiny lugia/ shiny deoxys/pokeshifter

It's hit me - stuff my older idea about Froakie, an aristocratic frog is clearly going to be the fabulous Mr Toad!

Okay I just love all three of the starters! BUT! I think there's something about Chespin. I like more than the others...

I think froakie is going to evolve into something badass, just coz i feel sad for it

Page 4 of 1178 FirstFirst 1234567814541041004 ... LastLast