View Poll Results: Which starter would you use?

Voters
3150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chespin

845 26.83%
  • Fennekin

1,329 42.19%
  • Froakie

849 26.95%
  • NONE, Dunsparce looks better

127 4.03%
Page 74 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778841241741074 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 29437

Thread: Starter Speculation/Discussion Thread

I'm greatly disappointed in the Starters. I've always chosen the grass starter but for once I'd have to take the fire, considering that a stick with a turd looks better than the grass one. I've never grabbed a water starter because they all look horrible, and still look horrible.

Fennkin had better look like some amazing sight when it evolves and not some crappy bipedal fighting nonsense.

They aren't the worst batch, that's still a tie between 3rd and 4th gen. At least I like one of them, it's just not the one I want to like.

Wow, you're a harsh judge my friend.

I must disagree, for the most part. I think that this generation, and fourth generation had the best Starters. While, I love all of them, there are some that are just better. This NEW generation, so far has yet to disappoint me. The Legendary Pokemon actually look intimidating as well as beautiful as well as mysterious, and the starters all look cute and interesting. The legendary Pokemon from the last three generations weren't all that great. Come on, Zekrom and Reshiram.. let's be honest. they looked rather lame. I am not a fan of legendary pokemon, so that may be the reason for my disdain, but still. And, no matter what these new starters grow up to be, they will be great. (Just as long as Fennekin isn't Fire/Fighting, of course)
    Chespin! I Choose You!

Quote Originally Posted by lordcruxis View Post
    I'm greatly disappointed in the Starters. I've always chosen the grass starter but for once I'd have to take the fire, considering that a stick with a turd looks better than the grass one. I've never grabbed a water starter because they all look horrible, and still look horrible.

Fennkin had better look like some amazing sight when it evolves and not some crappy bipedal fighting nonsense.

They aren't the worst batch, that's still a tie between 3rd and 4th gen. At least I like one of them, it's just not the one I want to like.
    well opinions are opinions. I think this gen has the best starters with 3rd gen having the next best. imo.
    Your a bit to harsh on the pokes, calm down.

^ Yep, Gen 3 is below Gen 6, but they are almost equal.

Seriously...I'm only one who suspects that Fennekin might be a fire/poison?
    Went to the book store to get a Where's Waldo book.
    Couldn't find any.
    Well played Waldo...well played

Quote Originally Posted by AeroKorogu View Post
    Seriously...I'm only one who suspects that Fennekin might be a fire/poison?
    Yes, what has been shown to support your claim? It;s more than likely Fire/Psychic based on the trailer moves.
    Add me on Pokemon X! FC- 2809-9372-1773

Looking For Shiny Tyrunt!

Why does everybody think they will all be two types?
    I can see where everybody's coming from, but don't rule put a one type starter

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I actually think that these Pokemon are the best since gen two so far, I just look the design of all three starters and the two Legends. I'm just hoping there are no silly Pokemon like Vanilluxe, I dislike the design of that Pokemon (bah ice cream). A know that a fire fox isn't a new idea really but it's just so damn adorable, just like the animal it is based off.. the Fennec Fox.
    <3 CHARIZARD FAN FOR LIFE!! <3
    Torchic//Tailow//Shroomish//Aron//Ralts//Spheal

I have to say that I like these starters (and legendaries for that matter) unlike gen 5. As said before the grass one has an Happy Tree Friends expression, although it does not bother me at all. The water starter looks like it could go either way, I actually hope for a fast water type and this might be the best chance for us to get one. And seeing as he has foam on his back it must be one clean/slippery pokemon lol. Froakie IMO derives from a simple frog soap. Sorry if this was stated earlier but 90+ are kinda hard to go through.

I think we'll have a different final form of Froakie instead of the 'expected' frog evolutions. I theorise that because its first form aka Froakie is already a frog, not a tadpole. Therefor it's plausible that it will stay lean (like Toxicroak) instead of bulking like any other water starter evo for that mater. Although you'll never know for sure since its trollfreak. But I think that burglar frog evolution like Prof. Squirtle said is plausible. And if its not a burglar then it could be a frog with a foam beard like some of the fanarts suggest.

The firefox has already been discussed and there is not much to add there, I just wanted to point out that Froakie is a frog soap, lol.

I never under stand the people who claim "These r teh worst pokemanz starterz eva". In fact I dot think there ever has been a bad starter (design wise anyway). The only starter Pokemon that I have had a problem with was Samurott's in-game sprite. BTW Chespin win nuff said.

Froakie is the first frog type Pokemon (not a toad)
    So maybe it won't go like seismtoad and will stay slim, it looks like its body design is similar to tree frogs, slim and not bulky

I've almost always started with the water starter, the only exceptions being turtwig in gen 4 and tepig in gen 5 (I didn't know he evolved into a fire-fighting when I chose him). This time though I found myself with a meh feeling about fennekin and a wierded out feeling about froakie. I found myself sort of drawn towards chesspin. I'm looking forward to seeing how they evolve and their typing but there really isn't anything to base assumptions about type on. Even if you can guess what moves they used in the trailer it doesn't mean that will be their typing. Heck, Emboar could use scald. Just because they can use another type of move doesn't make them that type. Personally I like gen 2 when the starters were all single type but based on the high number of single type grass starters (the only non- single types being Turtwigs evo line and bulbasaurs) I hope that at least chesspin is a dual type.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfitz View Post
    So maybe it won't go like seismtoad and will stay slim, it looks like its body design is similar to tree frogs, slim and not bulky
    Croagunk is a frog

Toxicroak is a frog...

Politoed was actually the first. It's name may have toad in it(Though its spelled different) It is based on Tree Frogs.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Fennekin master race. :3
    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2rctk6u.jpg[/IMG] <3!Lover of all that is Shaymin!<3

Thanks ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the Shaymin badges! I LUV 'EM! <3

Brock:
    April 29th, 1997 - September 9th, 2010 (Thanks for the memories! We'll miss you, buddy! T_T)

I have come to realize that the fluff on Froakie's back is supposed to resemble the bubbles that certain frog species put on their backs to protect their tadpoles. Or it's supposed to be the eggs those same frogs put on their backs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Shraeder~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So I herd u liek Mudkipz...So do I!
    FC: 4742-5645-2960
    Friend Safari: Aipom, Audino, and DITTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shraeder View Post
    I have come to realize that the fluff on Froakie's back is supposed to resemble the bubbles that certain frog species put on their backs to protect their tadpoles. Or it's supposed to be the eggs those same frogs put on their backs.
    It most likely bubbles, you can see that from the French name.

I can't remember exactly but earlier in the thread, somebody said that his name in a language means bubbles or foam

I saw that too- I think its meant to represent the foam in which tree frogs carry their eggs.

I'm wondering what will happen to feenikens fur along the way, I say its main focus will be its ears, just like the fence fox its based on

Quote Originally Posted by carboncopy View Post
    It most likely bubbles, you can see that from the French name.
    I can't remember exactly but earlier in the thread, somebody said that his name in a language means bubbles or foam
    It may actually be both. It may just be bubbles, but judging by the position it is on Froakie's back it might as well be representing the eggs of the tadpoles too.

I said before that I can see fennekin developing into something like a maned wolf.. which would mean that its fur would go darker and it would have a ridge on its spine.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/349680...lf_1_thumb.jpg

You can see the names and explanations on Bulbapedia, the last part of the french equivalent of Froakie is mousse. And mousse means foam. And foam comes from soap. So it could be a frog soap pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulicies View Post
    You know what I would love? The experience of not knowing what Fennekin will evolve into when he actually evolves within the game. Wouldn't it be fun to discover the evolutions within the game itself? I feel like I spoiled too much of Black/White, and now I want to go in the opposite direction and go dark before I even learn about the starter evolutions. I should just pick X as my version without knowing anything about the games but the cover legendaries, just pick Fennekin as my starter, and learn nothing more about the game whatsoever.

I probably won't be able to hold out for that long, but I always imagined what it would be like to be an actual trainer within the Pokemon world, just starting out, genuinely discovering these new Pokemon within the tall grass...
    I sort of want to do the same, just find out the starter's evolutions and then leave it till October. But I don't think my willpower stat is high enough
    Last edited by Thunderfox; 10th January 2013 at 4:11 PM.

Page 74 of 1178 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778841241741074 ... LastLast